ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
essentially you are cheating, because you want everything all in once. and this poor guy DPC , try to do multiple paths for a variety, little did he know, how many of you don't care about it. :D

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
But honestly, it won't matter. Limiting factor for faster releases is rendering time, and that wouldn't change because he has his computer rendering 24/7 anyway.
I wouldn't do that, either.
The rendering process is just time consuming.
It's the creative side of all this is what keeps him up at night. Posing the models, arranging the scenes, animating. And of course, writing, both game code, dialogues and whatever else. These are the main culprits for burnouts.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
why?

it seems inevitable to me

if a game is 20 hours long, you must have 20 hours available to replay it, if it is 40 hours it will take 40 available

is it easier to have 20 or 40 hours available?
yeah easier to play a short game, but it not gonna make it more desirable. I get it, I get it , cheap short , quickly to the fap material is easier. for you.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
essentially you are cheating, because you want everything all in once. and this poor guy DPC , try to do multiple paths for a variety, little did he know, how many of you don't care about it. :D
I don't think they're saying that the variety of paths is the issue, but rather that having to potentially go all the way back to somewhere in the first season and change a decision because it prevented a good ending with the desired LI is not an appealing prospect for many people, even if it won't necessarily take as long to get through the game again as it did the first time.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
yeah easier to play a short game, but it not gonna make it more desirable. I get it, I get it , cheap short , quickly to the fap material is easier. for you.
no, it seems to me that you did not understand

a good game will always give you more satisfaction than a less good one, no matter how long it lasts.
but it is difficult to have time to replay a very long game (replay it for real not jumping from one save to another) and if you enjoyed the game it is a frustrating situation

then what does it have to do with easy or difficult?

Would BADIK be a difficult game?

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I don't think they're saying that the variety of paths is the issue, but rather that having to potentially go all the way back to somewhere in the first season and change a decision because it prevented a good ending with the desired LI is not an appealing prospect for many people.
there is 3 path in the game, and if you have a desired love interest, it's quite hard to fuck up if you pay attention to the game. :)
from day 1 i picked Maya, and Josy, i was torn between them, and yet i play the way to spend the time with them, invested in the relationship with them. and when the time come I achieved what i wanted.

if I want Jill, I will probably can achieve that too, regardless of RP point, and even without knowing them, for exemple with Maya, i did get the Maya likes you, bonus extended lewd scene.

knowing the RP point will simple kill the game natural feel, everything will become simpel stats. you would play the game based on numbers instead of feelings, which DPC obviously did not wanted, i doubt he will add them to the game.

but the game give you enough hint where you stand with the actual person.

solarBear

Jun 10, 2020

This week I've been writing dialogue, coding, producing GUI elements and working hard on my checklist. PCs have been rendering animations non-stop.

Currently, we're at 2144 completed static renders and 88 animations (And 1000+ GUI files, which I never count for these updates, but episode 6 will introduce multiple new features that needed extra work). I can't wait to read your reactions to these new features upon release.

32 animations are in the queue waiting to render. I estimate that I have ~50 more animations to pose on top of that, but it can be more and it can be less. I'll know for sure when I start working on the remaining lewd scenes.

I usually allot a number of animations per lewd scene before working on it and then tune the number if it's needed afterward. That's why it's hard to give accurate estimates without limiting creativity.

Static render wise I'm still feeling 3000+ is a feasible number for this huge episode.

Since I have written dialogue this week, I can go back to posing static renders next week but also continue writing.

I'll give you an update on the checklist progress next Friday and hopefully, it can be of a more detailed nature as it's gotten significantly shorter already.

It's full speed ahead on my end.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
So 50% more statics need to be completed over the load of 50+ animattions .that would take atleast 1 and half to 2 months
And then comes finishing touch and
beta testing of the biggest episode till date and not to forget the additional gui features that would affect the full game and probably create a buffet full of game breaking bugs
wonder how much time will dpc take to fix those working alone
so i guess it will be episode 6 #HalloweenUpdate

or
#episode6 2021

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
no, it seems to me that you did not understand

a good game will always give you more satisfaction than a less good one, no matter how long it lasts.
but it is difficult to have time to replay a very long game (replay it for real not jumping from one save to another) and if you enjoyed the game it is a frustrating situation

then what does it have to do with easy or difficult?

Would BADIK be a difficult game?
what is time consuming in this game is the free roaming. I'm pretty sure, the overall story is in everyone head by now. :) so we can skip it those, and focus on the major decisions points. if this was a witcher 3 game, yeah replaying that well it's not easy :D. but even if Badik will be 40 hour long, in reality it wont be 40 hour long to replay it.

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Well shit. Now what do I do with my life? lol.
Beat AL, caught up on this one, beat GGGB, finished Broken Dreamers. Any recommendations from folks for completed games along these lines? I know that I basically have listed some of the best VN out there, but hoping there's some other great quality works to keep me occupied.
Specifically completed games? There's really not all that many really good completed games of any length, unfortunately.
The four Elsa Verse games from Tora Productions. https://f95zone.to/threads/dreaming-with-elsa-final-tora-productions.4961/

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Life Changes for Keeley by the same creators was also really good... and like your recommendations, shares a collaborator with The Warrior's Heart. I didn't bring these games up specifically by name (other than just to mention Mortze's excellent library of short VNs) in part because a lot of players don't like Female Protagonist games.
The Elsa verse is male protagonists.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Oh... right. Heh. Brain fart. :)

Hell... even Life Changes is male protag for one of the two paths. Wow... my brain is shot today!
Totally understable. In fact in those games females are the main characters, but they are also NPC ;) Men are the PC

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Been playing a more DIK-ish type of MC, I like how the game causes me to feel more for the current girl I'm with and wanting to forget about the others... then move onto the next one and fall for her instead lol.
Gotta say tho, as a DIK...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Quinn, really? Girlfriend has given more rides than Seattle Slew.

Reactions: jerrod_stone

hellsgateee

Jan 3, 2019
Guys, you may have discussed this above but do you think Quinn is behind the blackmail of Chad and photo leak from the DIK's account? I mean the photos where DIKs fuck Arieth was probably taken from the computer. Because if DIKs were going to threaten Chad, they would have implied it in face-to-face conversation. (Dave could even be in that plan since Quinn takes Dave in her room at the end of EP 3) The photo leak happens on the "Spin the Dildo" evening so HOTs were there. Riona could have done it on behalf of Quinn since she was sitting real close to the library that evening. If DIKs haven't done it, one of the HOTs leaked the photo for sure.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Guys, you may have discussed this above but do you think Quinn is behind the blackmail of Chad and photo leak from the DIK's account? I mean the photos where DIKs fuck Arieth was probably taken from the computer. Because if DIKs were going to threaten Chad, they would have implied it in face-to-face conversation. (Dave could even be in that plan since Quinn takes Dave in her room at the end of EP 3) The photo leak happens on the "Spin the Dildo" evening so HOTs were there. Riona could have done it on behalf of Quinn since she was sitting real close to the library that evening. If DIKs haven't done it, one of the HOTs leaked the photo for sure.
People have raised that theory before. Personally I don’t think it has anything to do with Quinn.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes