moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
We've already had 9 Major Choices and there are 11 nodes on either side, so it will only take 2 choices to eliminate 1 side, not 3.
But you won't see the real effect of it until the next major choice arises (won't be an actual choice for you, as you'll be forced to do or say something in line with your chosen affinity)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Agreed. Perhaps this is what all the new hoopla is about that DPC has been referring to?
I believe they did say something in one of the status updates that one of the new features will be a big part of the game moving forward, and that certainly sounds like it could be something related to the Affinity system.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ThePresident451

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Why I feel like there's gonna be a new fraternity or sorority in the next semester in B&R.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
There isn't if you go full DIK or CHICK because in that case there's only 2 Major Choices left before the other side of the scale is completely wiped out.

He didn't just overcorrect, he flat-out retconned it.

View attachment 802762 View attachment 802763 View attachment 802764

Makes me wonder if we'll ever see this change implemented in ep 4.
This can be taken in a few ways IMO;

1. She knows Maya has daddy issues. Doesn’t want to risk upsetting her, whatever may happen.

2. She wants to include MC as her friend. Maya’s invite is implied, because of course her GF would go (Josy‘s potential logic, not implicit in the game)

3. She’s scared her dad might drag her home, MC could physically stop him.

None of those ideas are conveyed specifically, but would make some sense for the character.

To be fair, for Maya & Josy it's both. They are somehow able to magically determine the MCs affinity, but they also base their decision on how you treat them (you need to sleep with at least one of them). If the affinity system was consistently implemented I think this would be a good way to handle it. But the affinity system is all over the map, so it feels like we're forced to jump through seemingly arbitrary hoops. Speaking of which...

Very interesting. I may be reading too much into the way he phrases it, but it sounds like something will change once one side of the meter is exhausted.

Dammit. I find myself very curious now. But even if we get two choices in Episode 6, it would take one more to see what happens after the side is exhausted. So frustrating!

(Though DPC has been saying how big this episode is. Do you think he might put three choices in it? Or is the waiting finally driving me insane?)
Possible insanity. I’ve felt for a while it would make sense for the broader affinity system to come to an end. You make enough decisions and that’s just who you are. Meanwhile choices in conversation will continue.

I also think a new system might come in To replace it. Something like money; (if the MC‘s mom speculation is true.

So now instead of DiK CHICK choices you have a choice of what to spend money on. IE Pay maya’s tuition or for a night out at the strip club. Pay to fuck Quinn or fix the DIK windows etc.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Why I feel like there's gonna be a new fraternity or sorority in the next semester in B&R.
and where would it have been hidden until now?

it seems complicated to me

there are already three brotherhoods that have had a fairly marginal role, just give them more space

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
BADIK season 3 gonna be like.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Mr. Royce when he find out you fuck his daughter.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
I know that's how they would say it, but it's wrong, because the full word is 'mathematics'. It's plural since you can't do calculations with just a single number. 'Maths' takes 1+1 to make 2, whereas 'math' would basically be just saying the number 2. It's a pet peeve of mine, so I'll stick to the correct plural word.
I understand what you're saying, but my point wasn't about how it should be.

The fact is, in Europe 'maths' teacher is correct, in America 'math' teacher is correct. The game takes place in America, so 'math' is correct. That's not debatable. Opinions don't matter in this case... it's simply a difference between British English and American English, like 'tyre' and 'tire' or 'color' and 'colour'. Just like how there are differences in 'Spanish' between Spain and Mexico, the English language has changed in America and it's not exactly the same language here.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, as your cards are awesome as always.

natsu36

Feb 28, 2019
just wondering does anyone know what happened to the comics and animation that used to be on the right for latest update. i dont know how to get there now that its gone

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
It's now commonly (incorrectly) used though, much like the phrase a 'pair of shoes' which in reality, is also terrible grammar (and quite illogical in context) but everyone says it now and is just accepted as the norm.
As someone with degrees in Engineering and English (yeah, it's weird but I wanted to make sure at least half my classes had women in them...), I'd love to hear your explanation why you believe that to be the case... because my understanding (and frankly everything I can find on the subject) suggests that 'a pair of Xs' is absolutely correct (in the same way that 'a group of people' or 'a squad of soldiers' is correct). Unless, of course, you're referring to multiple pairs of Xs.

On the topic of language peeves: I will murder anyone who abuses 'literally'. You want to talk about the downfall of language in our society... that sums it up perfectly.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017
Not sure how popular it would be but I could easily see a Mass Effect 3 style switch to the Affinity system, where the first 2 games locked the player out of decisions based on their Paragon/Renegade points, heavily restricting roleplaying aspects (just like in BaDIK). Instead, in ME3 both Paragon and Renegade actions were accumulated into a global stat called Reputation. Par/Ren points were still counted separately and NPCs and companions reacted to the morality of your character same as before, but when it came to making a decision previously tied to these points, the system would now check the amount of overall Reputation and if that was sufficient enough, you could make either choice.

If BaDIK's system doesn't become less restrictive as well, eventually we might run into scenarios where a DIK/CHICK based decision has to be made regarding a character we really like but we're out of options. This would be especially dangerous for DIK MCs because these actions can be violent in nature and if I ever have to raise hands to Derek for example, because the "chill, bro" CHICK option is grayed out, I'm headbutting my monitor in true DIK fashion.:cautious:

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
If MC has a threesome with Josy/Maya for the Scavenger Hunt, Sage's reaction if she's the second witness could have some interesting variations:

Non-Romanced Sage:

[Sage watches cell phone footage of the threesome dispassionately.]

Sage: Jeez, you three held nothing back, did you?

Romanced Sage:

[Sage watches the threesome with tears in her eyes.]

MC: You said you didn't care if I fucked others!

Sage: That was before I fell in love with you, you asshole!

[Sage runs away, sobbing.]

Or, if DPC gives you the option to remain fuck buddies with Sage and not pursue a relationship:

MC: Are you okay with this, you're not jealous are you?

[Smash cut to the night Sage skipped the DIKs party. She has a meeting with Tybalt and ends up fucking him to "seal the deal."]

Sage: Why would I be jealous?

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If MC has a threesome with Josy/Maya for the Scavenger Hunt, Sage's reaction if she's the second witness could have some interesting variations:

Non-Romanced Sage:

[Sage watches cell phone footage of the threesome dispassionately.]

Sage: Jeez, you three held nothing back, did you?

Romanced Sage:

[Sage watches the threesome with tears in her eyes.]

MC: You said you didn't care if I fucked others!

Sage: That was before I fell in live with you, you asshole!

[Sage runs away, sobbing.]

Or, if DPC gives you the option to remain fuck buddies with Sage and not pursue a relationship:

MC: Are you okay with this, you're not jealous are you?

[Smash cut to the night Sage skipped the DIKs party. She has a meeting with Tybalt and ends up fucking him to "seal the deal."]

Sage: Why would I be jealous?
I believe that in the end, if Mc is the third of the threesome, he will remain out of sight (likely Josy too) to carry on all the plots

however, it will remain as a looming danger on the relationship with Sage and the others

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes