lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Latest android version out yet?
Deleted due to game breaking bugs. Since the android versions are created on a voluntary basis by kind hearted members of this forum you should patiently wait for the next release when they can, hopefully, put out a working version of v0.6.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now do you see why it's gone?

Reactions: mundorex

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
I want my choices to matter, I want to know that, by choosing to behave in a manner that makes Sage like me I will lose the ability to make make Josy like me (or vice versa). If I don't have that then I'm playing Skyrim which, despite putting more than 400 hours into across different platforms, I always had a problem with precisely because none of the MC's major decisions carried any weight.

Skyrim at least has the excuse that, as a sandbox, it can make the story a small part of the overall game (I'd be shocked if the story represented 5% of the game); since BaD is a visual novel the story has to be king

*Almost because the 'Update Whens' are a whole different matter :LOL:
I think what you've pointed out illustrates why the 'release a game a little bit at a time through Patreon' model just doesn't work with truly branching stories.

Skyrim maybe isn't the best example for my explanation, but let's go with it. With a 'released when it was finished' game like Skyrim, the developers could take the time to put everything in the game and have it all ready for the player when they began playing. No matter what choice you make or path you take in the game, that content is finished and waiting for you.

With a game that's put out in pieces like BaDik (or 99% of other games on this site), the creators are faced with two choices if they want truly diverging paths based on actual choices... either they have absolutely massive updates that take a very long time to release (that get bigger and bigger and bigger as more of that divergent content appears in the game) or they release content patches that do not have content for all choices and paths (thus locking a chunk of players out of that content). Basically, imagine if the Derek-Sage-Bella choices in Chapter 4 were released as separate content updates in that order... if you had chosen Bella, you couldn't play the first two updates and you'd just have to wait while others played the new content. Either way, you end up with a bunch of very, very unhappy Patrons and players.

So, the only real option is, as others have mentioned, the illusion of choice... either by having all roads lead to the same 'big' moments and eventual ending (as BaDIK will almost certainly continue to do), or as was the case with AL, simply swapping which characters appear in the same scene based on which choices were made (meaning the hospital, locked room, and funeral scenes all happened basically the same way but who was with you in those scenes changed).

Again, I don't think this is the fault of DPC (especially since, as others have mentioned, he's just one guy doing all this stuff himself)... it's just the cold facts of the release model of Patreon games.

Last edited:

eyepatchdude

Jul 9, 2020
Literally (loool) heading off topic, but it should be math (singular) here in the Uk also. It's basic correct English. Europe is unfortunately changing due to schools and colleges using Americanised English (ughm, the arguments with a Polish gf I once had). But yes, regardless of common literacy and what is taught (word used very lightly) in schools now, a plural of plurals is just...*shudders*. Again, though, it's now accepted and no one questions it (well, except maybe for assholes like myself lmao). A question I love to ask people (and amazing how many don't know) is what's the singular for a sheep? ;)

Your examples while technically the same, are slightly different. I understand where this change has come from though, I just inherantly dislike it hehe

Not just small devs or even patroen problem. Mass Effect (I use as one of the biggest ever branching path AAA game series)...you still go here, go there....still end up at the same end sequence...that's the nature of storytelling. Sure you have as many 'endings' as you like...the story is finished. As for the actual story, its only ever small changes, otherwise, you'd end up writing 50 completely indicudual stories. They would never be finished. So take your Skyrim, little things may change, 85+ of the content, we all still saw/played regarldess of what other decisions we made.
I could definitely understand a Maths teacher, for example one instructor for algebra, geometry, physics, and calculus. All slightly different, but all math.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
There isn't if you go full DIK or CHICK because in that case there's only 2 Major Choices left before the other side of the scale is completely wiped out.

He didn't just overcorrect, he flat-out retconned it.

View attachment 802762 View attachment 802763 View attachment 802764

Makes me wonder if we'll ever see this change implemented in ep 4.
I played both, but I don't remember right now. Does the kiss while leaving also happen in the thruple route? Are those screens for the flasback for the rejected route/the thruple route or both?
And people think my theories are crazy. :ROFLMAO:
I mean, they are, but that's another issue :ROFLMAO: .

Jokes aside I did mention that Sage was absent during the free roam and the only place we couldn't check were two locked rooms :ROFLMAO: .

I know it won't happen, but there's no ingame reason to rule it out right now (maybe she was hiding from her father in a bathroom, who knows), and when you find her she's comming from the penthouse.
'sheep', obviously.

Anyway... it's not 'a plural of plurals'. A pair (or a group or team or squad or collection, etc) is a singular grouping of multiple objects. The subject (the shoes in this case) is then plural. "Pair" indicates multiple objects (specifically two). You don't say 'a pair of shoe' because there are multiple shoes. If you have multiple such groupings of objects, you would say 'pairs of shoes'.

Again, 'a pair of shoes' or 'a collection of baseball cards' or 'a group of people' or 'a team of athletes'. All correct. 'A pair of shoe' or 'a collection of baseball card' or 'a group of person' or 'a team of athlete' all sound ridiculous and are wrong.
Mathematics is plural, so a shortened version of it should also be plural. I don't know how you are making it that complicated :ROFLMAO: .

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I think what you've pointed out illustrates why the 'release a game a little bit at a time through Patreon' model just doesn't work with truly branching stories.

Skyrim maybe isn't the best example for my explanation, but let's go with it. With a 'released when it was finished' game like Skyrim, the developers could take the time to put everything in the game and have it all ready for the player when they began playing. No matter what choice you make or path you take in the game, that content is finished and waiting for you.

With a game that's put out in pieces like BaDik (or 99% of other games on this site), the creators are faced with two choices if they want truly diverging paths based on actual choices... either they have absolutely massive updates that take a very long time to release (that get bigger and bigger and bigger as more of that divergent content appears in the game) or they release content patches that do not have content for all choices and paths (thus locking a chunk of players out of that content). Basically, imagine if the Derek-Sage-Bella choices in Chapter 4 were released as separate content updates in that order... if you had chosen Bella, you couldn't play the first two updates and you'd just have to wait while others played the new content. Either way, you end up with a bunch of very, very unhappy Patrons and players.

So, the only real option is, as others have mentioned, the illusion of choice... either by having all roads lead to the same 'big' moments and eventual ending (as BaDIK will almost certainly continue to do), or as was the case with AL, simply swapping which characters appear in the same scene based on which choices were made (meaning the hospital, locked room, and funeral scenes all happened basically the same way but who was with you in those scenes changed).

Again, I don't think this is the fault of DPC (especially since, as others have mentioned, he's just one guy doing all this stuff himself)... it's just the cold facts of the release model of Patreon games.
on the other hand , in the case of BAdik and some other games that use financial support from fans method, you know what you're paying for.

you are not baited with fancy graphic, and lies, that you can only discover after you paid the full price for a game.
but, we do often forget that Badik is a visual novel, it is still give us way more choices, than other similar visual novels, way more actually.
all, in all. while there are stuffs that I may not agree, and these are based on my personal preference, the overall experience is well worth it. and I respect, and accept the creator decisions.
once he finished I planning to buy it, to show support to the developer who in my mind deserve it way more, than greedy EA, and other scam AAA studios.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I played both, but I don't remember right now. Does the kiss while leaving also happen in the thruple route? Are those screens for the flasback for the rejected route/the thruple route or both?
Maya and Josy will kiss when they reconcile on all paths, before the decision is made. After that, it depends. When Maya and Josy accept the MC, they kiss him in turn then kiss each other while the three hug. It's only when the MA is rejected (or doesn't try) that we get the infamous scene of them kissing as the MC walks away.

Likewise, the new image Holy Bacchus showed of them sadly watching the MC as he walks away is only shown on the MC friends route. I won't go so far as to say it is definitely a retcon, but it is clearly an effort to change our perception of what they felt about the MC walking away. (Which is good, because the original scene deserved all the flak its taken.)

Reactions: felicemastronzo

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Maya and Josy will kiss when they reconcile on all paths, before the decision is made. After that, it depends. When Maya and Josy accept the MC, they kiss him in turn then kiss each other while the three hug. It's only when the MA is rejected (or doesn't try) that we get the infamous scene of them kissing as the MC walks away.

Likewise, the new image Holy Bacchus showed of them sadly watching the MC as he walks away is only shown on the MC friends route. I won't go so far as to say it is definitely a retcon, but it is clearly an effort to change our perception of what they felt about the MC walking away. (Which is good, because the original scene deserved all the flak its taken.)
I would not say as a "retcon" at all. Because those images, are form the "Previously on BADIK" Segments. but i'm sure you all know this. :)

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019

The one I mean is when they kiss while the MC is leaving. This screenshot is from the DIK route, does this one happen in both cases? Does the "corrected" version in ep. 4 happen for both routes?
screenshot0071.png

Reactions: felicemastronzo

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Yeah the scene when you get rejected is pretty cringe
Well, they reject you, not each other, so..... Suck for you I guess. :D. may be DPC assumed rightfully, that in the DIK path peoples will actually not care about them enough, to be bothered by this.
but turned out, that even the Massivest , Massive DIKs are gonna turn in to snowflake if two girls they dont give a shit about, kissing behind their back :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I would not say as a "retcon" at all. Because those images, are form the "Previously on BADIK" Segments. but i'm sure you all know this. :)
No, they are from the scene where the MC follows Josy in Episode 5 (if he is on the friendship path). They are a flashback to the events of Episode 4.

The one I mean is when they kiss while the MC is leaving. This screenshot is from the DIK route, does this one happen in both cases? Does the "corrected" version in ep. 4 happen for both routes?
View attachment 803052
That is the original scene from Episode 4, and it will play any time the MC fails to start the three-way relationship (CHICK or DIK, regardless of why the girls turned him down, or even if he turned them down himself).

This follow-up image in the Episode 5 flashback with Josy will likewise happen anytime the MC was rejected regardless of why that was (assuming he went to see Josy's dad with her, of course). The dialog around it changes very slightly, but the render does not.
M&J_followup.jpg

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

It honestly feels like a retcon because we all know from the ep 4 rejection that they were sucking face when he left but then in the brief ep 5 "flashback" when he and Josy are talking, they're now not making out behind his back. Like, why do that when we know that's not what happened? It's an inconsistency likely intended to placate those that were pissed off by that kiss (which was just about everyone), but without actually changing what happened in ep 4, it still doesn't make it any better.

View attachment 803052
That happens when the MC is rejected or if he chooses to stay friends. If he goes for "something more" they still kiss, but only after they've each kissed the MC.

vlcsnap-2020-09-05-20h48m31s453.png vlcsnap-2020-09-05-20h48m47s433.png ep4_josy_maya_talk70.jpg

The "corrected" version from that brief ep 5 flashback is for the rejected/friends route when the MC talks to Josy. So DPC has tried to a little rewrite of history here, but they should do the same with ep 4 for consistency's sake.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes