Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
It's not that he has to tell the MC anything, it's that a letter has arrived for him and it concerns his mother.

My thoughts have always been that she was a Burgmeister.
I was kind of hoping that he was just like his dad. Poor and from an "ordinary" background. If the letter tells him he is inheriting massive amounts of money that would just make him a VN cliché of a rich young guy with a massive pole. Booooooooring. So I hope the letter says something different or if there is some money coming his way it would be just enough for him to make a decision between helping his dad or pay for his tuition or help Maya. I would rather he finishes Uni and works his way to help his dad rather than just being another "lucky" boy.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
What's everyone's general thoughts on what MC's Dad has to tell him about his Mother?
There's just not enough data for meaningful speculation at this point. We know it concerns the MC's mother, it must have been sent by someone, and the MC's dad was willing to tell the MC about it (rather than destroy it, or alternatively to just read it over the phone).

There are very few theories that are outright excluded by that, so it's mostly just idle speculation at this point. The most common guesses seem to be a) it's some kind of conditional inheritance, b) the MC's maternal family want to meet him now for some reason, or c) the MC's mom didn't really die (either Neil lied or she faked her death).

Personally, I generally subscribe to the first theory and consider the third ridiculous. But all's fair until we get some actual clues to ponder.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
DrPinkCake, if it's not a problem, can you say how is game selling on Steam ? I've bought it recently, seen lots of reviews, so I was wondering if sales are really through the roof, or the community is just very enthusiastic (also a good thing) ?
Well currently Steam has it as a top seller in the adult games categories, I think at #1, but that's in part because it's on sale currently. Still, it's no small feat for DrPinkCake to beat out a whole slew of other erotic VN, including the enormous amount of the ever popular weeb games. Speaks to the huge success (including financial) of BaDIK.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
It's not that he has to tell the MC anything, it's that a letter has arrived for him and it concerns his mother.

My thoughts have always been that she was a Burgmeister.
If not that specifically, possibly a more general Deus Ex Machina where MC gets contacted by a rich someone from his mother's side of the family and MC get a huge inheritance or something. Though this is a massive cliche that's in a few other VN, and I would hope DrPinkCake would be above writing such a cop out lol

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Well currently Steam has it as a top seller in the adult games categories, I think at #1, but that's in part because it's on sale currently. Still, it's no small feat for DrPinkCake to beat out a whole slew of other erotic VN, including the enormous amount of the ever popular weeb games. Speaks to the huge success (including financial) of BaDIK.
Nothing else on Steam can really compare to this VN. I'm not surprised it's at #1.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I was kind of hoping that he was just like his dad. Poor and from an "ordinary" background. If the letter tells him he is inheriting massive amounts of money that would just make him a VN cliché of a rich young guy with a massive pole. Booooooooring. So I hope the letter says something different or if there is some money coming his way it would be just enough for him to make a decision between helping his dad or pay for his tuition or help Maya. I would rather he finishes Uni and works his way to help his dad rather than just being another "lucky" boy.

it is a certainty that his mother's family was rich, and surely the letter has something to do with that.

I also hope it does not change the social status of MC, in my opinion it would distort his character who for now is a hero for what he does and says, not for what he gives and spends

it will probably lead to some tension with his father anyway (either because of something he hasn't told him or the attraction the new family may have on him).

I believe that basically the letter will create a dilemma for MC, between accepting the advantages of the new family but at the cost of changing their life (changing college? changing fraternity? getting away from father?)

I still don't see what it would be like if MC found out he was a Burgmeister and not a Bezos or whatever. but it can be, and it would make the BADIK world more cohesive but smaller.

issue28

May 17, 2020
Hmm.... i am a bit weary. I heard Acting Lesson is quite depressing. I don't like depressing games. That's why i didn't like Good girl gone bad or Seeds of Chaos.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes