DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
what do you mean?

you play tennis with Jill, I don't think it's such a romantic date
certainly less romantic than dinner with Josy, which you cannot refuse

in no way does MC bind to Jill (if the date goes wrong Jill explicitly thinks so) and even less to Bella
And yet you spend a third of episode 5 in their company.

You can refuse to help Josy after meeting her and Maya at the party, and if you do you can skip three further scene's (the meeting with her Father, the aftermath of that meeting, and the picnic). Even if you don't kiss Jill you are stuck with the whole long visit at Bella's.

The question is, why can't you skip the time at Bella's house? It's either filler, which bodes ill for DPC's writing in future episode's, or you are stuck with them for some significant reason that will be revealed in the future. Even if you are not pursuing a relationship with either of them.

Reactions: JohnDelfino

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

You can refuse to help Josy after meeting her and Maya at the party, and if you do you can skip three further scene's (the meeting with her Father, the aftermath of that meeting, and the picnic). Even if you don't kiss Jill you are stuck with the whole long visit at Bella's.

The question is, why can't you skip the time at Bella's house? It's either filler, which bodes ill for DPC's writing in future episode's, or you are stuck with them for some significant reason that will be revealed in the future. Even if you are not pursuing a relationship with either of them.
there are 5 LIs, spending a third of the time with two of them is perfectly average.
Who should you spend time with?

it is already strange that Sage disappears for practically the whole chapter

the mystery of Bella and her husband is sure to have an influence on MC regardless of his involvement with Bella.

I don't understand, however, why in a game where 5 girls are presented to you as possible soul mates, a player should want to avoid 2 or more of them absolutely when we are still one third of the way through.

to choose between them you have to know them, to know them you have to frequent them

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Can someone help me with the choice about being Josy and Maya's third wheel?

I've followed the choices that should lead me into being part of their (romantic relationship) but in the end they reject me for no reason, i'm guessing this is a bug but can someone do me a solid and just post some sort of fix?

MK Square

Jul 19, 2019

The reason for bella's house visit is to console cathy and as its late ,he stayed there.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

I've followed the choices that should lead me into being part of their (romantic relationship) but in the end they reject me for no reason, i'm guessing this is a bug but can someone do me a solid and just post some sort of fix?
If you have DIK affinity or didn't have "sex" with either of them, then they reject you. You must have Neutral or CHICK affinity and have stayed with at least one of them to be accepted.

So it's not a bug, but it is a very poor decision by DPC to have it be like this.

Reactions: Orlu and Arigon

MK Square

Jul 19, 2019

either you are in dick affinity or didn't makeout with atleast one of them in previous episodes.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
there are 5 LIs, spending a third of the time with two of them is perfectly average.
Who should you spend time with?

it is already strange that Sage disappears for practically the whole chapter

the mystery of Bella and her husband is sure to have an influence on MC regardless of his involvement with Bella.

I don't understand, however, why in a game where 5 girls are presented to you as possible soul mates, a player should want to avoid 2 or more of them absolutely when we are still one third of the way through.

to choose between them you have to know them, to know them you have to frequent them
No, I totally reject that. If you are not interested in an LI in a game, the game should not force them on you. It's all about choice, right? And in fact I do pursue Jill in another playthrough.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

MK Square

Jul 19, 2019
If you have DIK affinity, then they reject you. You must have Neutral or CHICK affinity to be accepted.

So it's not a bug, but it is a very poor decision by DPC to have it be like this.
I don't consider it a poor decision, basically they don't want to take risk with impulsive and short tempered guy(if dik affinitty)as we see his dialogues are different with them in past when affinity is different too.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
If you have DIK affinity or didn't have "sex" with either of them, then they reject you. You must have Neutral or CHICK affinity and have stayed with at least one of them to be accepted.

No no, i did have sex with Josy and i have CHICK affinity, i am using the cheat mod but i've used it on a previous occasion and it was fine.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No, I totally reject that. If you are not interested in an LI in a game, the game should not force them on you. It's all about choice, right? And in fact I do pursue Jill in another playthrough.
but your choices remain, having moments with them doesn't change anything about your relationship if you don't want it to change

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Erm.. no, this is not that kind of game. Here's a story to be told and those characters need time of exposure and being around the player in order to get it done. Also, you can't avoid others to show some interest in you, even if you don't like them

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't consider it a poor decision, basically they don't want to take risk with impulsive and short tempered guy(if dik affinitty)as we see his dialogues are different with them in past when affinity is different too.
this impulsive and short tempered guy, however, is the same one with whom the next day Josy would be sure she would be happy if she had chosen him in place of Maya and of which Maya is amazed how he is able to understand her with his feminine side.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It is, in my and many other people's opinion, a poor decision because it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense when someone can do everything with Maya and Josy, have full RP with each, yet be rejected for something they couldn't know anything about. People following a DIK path can have all positive interactions with M&J, so why, just because he has DIK affinity, they reject him doesn't make sense because. As far as they know, he's a good guy that they both like. It arbitrarily punishes players when it doesn't feel like they should be.

No no, i did have sex with Josy and i have CHICK affinity, i am using the cheat mod but i've used it on a previous occasion and it was fine.
Cheat mod shouldn't have an impact here. It should work as long as you have Neutral/CHICK affinity and stayed with Josy in ep 2, and/or stayed with Maya in ep 3. Not sure if RP also affects it, but if you were going for both then you should have enough by choosing all positive dialogue options with them.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

MK Square

Jul 19, 2019
this impulsive and short tempered guy, however, is the same one with whom the next day Josy would be sure she would be happy if she had chosen him in place of Maya and of which Maya is amazed how he is able to understand her with his feminine side.
i meant for a 3 way relationship to sustain but yeah i feel they should be given individual routes to pursue them too.Hope they get individual paths too in upcoming episodes.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i meant for a 3 way relationship to sustain but yeah i feel they should be given individual routes to pursue them too.Hope they get individual paths too in upcoming episodes.
I also believe there will be individual routes

and in that moment the fact that they didn't trust him will be strange anyway

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
what do you mean?

you play tennis with Jill, I don't think it's such a romantic date
certainly less romantic than dinner with Josy, which you cannot refuse

in no way does MC bind to Jill (if the date goes wrong Jill explicitly thinks so) and even less to Bella
I think Jill and MC bind together afther that kiss and MC wasn't sad anymore after what happen with Josy/Maya

Jill date 37.png Jill Date 38.png Jill Date 39.png Jill date 40.png Jill date 41.png (fuck. I don't have the scene of MC thought about the Date)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It is, in my and many other people's opinion, a poor decision because it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense when someone can do everything with Maya and Josy, have full RP with each, yet be rejected for something they couldn't know anything about. People following a DIK path can have all positive interactions with M&J, so why, just because he has DIK affinity, they reject him doesn't make sense because. As far as they know, he's a good guy that they both like. It arbitrarily punishes players when it doesn't feel like they should be.
I've complained about the Status/Affinity system often enough, and I'm certainly not going to defend it here.

That said, what really irks me about the way the rejection is handled is that Maya and Josy lie about it in Episode 5. Each will blame the other for rejecting the MC, even though there are in-game rules that govern their choice. The result is a completely opaque, highly confusing mess that feels like either a clumsy retcon or blatant propaganda from the chosen girl. Ugh.

Cheat mod shouldn't have an impact here. It should work as long as you have Neutral/CHICK affinity and stayed with Josy in ep 2, and/or stayed with Maya in ep 3. Not sure if RP also affects it, but if you were going for both then you should have enough by choosing all positive dialogue options with them.
You may know this already mannice431, but there is a difference between DIK Status and DIK Affinity.
affinity.jpg
Are you sure your MC doesn't have DIK Affinity?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes