Bread Pitt

Apr 27, 2018
Does anyone know where to find Envy's fourth secret?

I looked through the walkthrough to try and find all secrets I missed, and I still can't find it.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
if MC will be the fake boyfriend of any of the two girls (who are just his friends) it will be a disaster from the point of view of the storm of hate, then it always depends on how it is written, but I would say justified

in this case, the preference expressed to Derek must be taken into account. because if he is the fake boy of his chosen one, the story must go one way, if the other must necessarily vary with a path of jealousy.

I don't like it philosophically as a solution, passing homosexuality (bisexuality if Maya decides in the meantime) as something to hide is a 90s movie stuff
I don't think a storm of hate matter's to DPC at all, there was a storm of Hate after AL but he's still defiant about it to this day.

Look at the DPC post at the start of this forum, and the infamous joke. I'm sure that joke was meant to piss people off, because he just doesn't care, or act's like he doesn't care.

As to the writing, if you look at the two episode's so far in the 2nd season, there's a pattern. First, regardless of what choice you made in episode four every event in M&J's life draws you in.

Meanwhile there are two other path's, Jill and Bella or Sage. With Jill, every time the Jill fan's think they're going to get lucky they get cock blocked somehow. There will be a number of scene's where you seem to be drawing closer, then BAM Jill and Sage choice.

With Sage she's always been sexually available but emotionally distant. For people on her path the backyard scene in five was the closest indication of a relationship yet, then the very next time we see Sage and the MC she's sitting in the rain emotionally devastated and the MC, who so far in their relationship has always been able to comfort Sage or cajole her out of her mood, is a tongue tied, ineffectual buffoon who's spurned at the end of the scene.

This pattern is going to hold for at least the rest of the 2nd season. It's like holding up a treat for a dog, You hold it close so he jumps for it then snatch it back so you can watch him beg. The MC will be stuck with whatever Maya and Josy's problem is. There'll be an emotionally promising scene with Sage that will be snatched away later, and you'll think your going to get some Jill only to find her legs still firmly crossed.

I hit on the idea of MC being put on the spot, that I posted earlier, from the speculations of some that Maya would ask MC to pose as her boyfriend to appease her Father. We will never get that easy of a choice because then most would choose to cut M&J off completely, and DPC will never let that happen.

Reactions: RonnieBoi

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Chad's side slut must be Mellanie she is allways worried around Sage and running away when they fight!!!!

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Chad's side slut must be Mellanie she is allways worried around Sage and running away when they fight!!!!
A lot of people think it's not Mel for the same reason that a lot of people think Nick is not the traitor, it's too obviously presented that they are. I think they may be right.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I think every 50 pages these polls could repost and get answers from other writers
Well, I probably answered before but I will say that I am always going to go with Sage. I am trying to distance my MC from the Maya/Josy situation as much as possible. They can go walk off into the sunset and live whatever life DPC will allow them to have. My MC is team Sage and his second choice is Nicole or some other side girl.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
First is that the usual use of the trope is to force two people who don't like each other to spend a lot of intimate time together. In this case, Maya and the MC are already close friends at worst and an unofficial couple at best. The act really wouldn't be that big a deal for the characters. (Indeed, it's far more likely to be a problem for players who are sick of Maya, which is a terrible situation.) I'm skeptical it would matter to Josy, either, since she would understand the reason and it's not like she couldn't see Maya and the MC anymore.
Since when did Maya and the MC not like each other? Whether he was rejected or chose to be just friends, they do like each other, and more than they're willing to admit on these paths. So it should be farily easy for them to pull this off and may be what brings them closer together for a possible solo path further down the line.

I also think this would matter to Josy because remember that she is the one in Ep 5 who is the most upset about them not being in a relationship with the MC and the one who seems more sure that she both likes the MC and wants him. So if she were to see Maya and the MC getting closer because they start spending more time with each other in order to "sell" the idea that he's Maya's boyfriend, we could see her get jealous of Maya but also of the MC.

Which brings us to the second problem: the only person the ruse needs to fool is Maya's dad, and he's almost never around. So for the vast majority of the time, the MC and Maya wouldn't even need to bother acting. After all, nearly everyone at B&R has seen Maya and Josy together, and the two share several classes. If Maya's dad puts even the smallest effort into investigating Maya's daily actions, he'll learn the truth long before characters like Jill could catch wind that the MC is supposedly dating Maya now. So unless we believe that Maya's dad will not investigate what Maya has been doing recently but will (somehow) stay on campus chaperoning Maya around for weeks on end, it's not clear how the act would last longer than a single scene (at least in this episode).

In short, if the MC does pretend to be Maya's boyfriend, I think it will only be a small part of a larger subplot. It just doesn't fit the situation well enough to be a subplot on its own.
Maya's Dad may not always be around, but the fact that he seems to just be showing up at random times to check up on Maya could be something that becomes part of the MC/M&J narrative because there might need to be an abundance of caution from this point on.

If this is going to be the case where they will be keeping up a ruse that Maya has a boyfriend, then the threat of her Dad showing up at any time might mean M&J may have to limit how much they're together as well as one of them, most likely Josy, having to move out of the dorm. This would put strain on the relationship because they can't just relax and be together, and we've seen before how willing Josy is to jump ship because things get too tough.

So perhaps this things with Maya's Dad could be part of something bigger, but I's much prefer if either a) her Dad in confronted when they get back, or b) he's not there when they get back because that tension of wondering when he might show up again would be very on par for DPC.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Continue :)
Maya or Sage ?

I prefer second.
You have already asked this question
I definitely answered it before. ;)

Next turn Who do you prefer Maya or Sage? :)
Shall come as no shock to those that know me, but it's Maya. She reminds me a lot of my first girlfriend (minus the lesbian part and uber-religious Dad) who was also my high school crush and first love. Her appearance and personality both remind me a lot of her. Sage actually reminds me of a girl friend that I was FWB with for a few years. Sex was great, but we were so casual about it that it was never anything more than that and I see that a lot with Sage and the MC; just a good friend that he can fuck.

Sp1d3rCl4w

Apr 16, 2018
am i the only one with the feeling theres more between Jill and MC? Big Sister died early, she sat under a tree when writing in her diary (i got the feeling it was the same tree they had picknick) maybe Bella a good friend of the MC´s Mother and now close with Jill because of the friend/sister died?! Rich people as parents is right too... just one of my thoughts maybe im totally false ;)

EDIT: the eyes and the faces are looking not too different

• Angry
Reactions: Dashxp4k

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Not sure what decade you are living in but it is still very much something that is hidden from family... especially so called religious ones.
Yeah, I think a lot of people believe that hiding your sexuality, particularly in Westernised countries, stopped happening after the year 2000. :ROFLMAO: I mean, just look at sports. Statistically speaking, there's a 0% chance that every NFL player is straight, but we don't know of any openly gay NFL players because, even in today's society, you can't be gay and play football. :rolleyes:
:WaitWhat::WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

but what are you talking about?

please don't always generalize, that only serves to justify anything.
what do sportspeople have to do with it? having to open up to the world that is not freedom, that is violence. the world is bad and may not accept many things.

staying in BADIK, Maya and Josy did well not to talk about their sexuality to the newly met MC, they didn't hide anything, they defended their intimacy from a stranger

but here we are talking about a girl, who is about to become a woman, who should hide her sexuality, the person she loves from her family, and this is and remains unacceptable. there are no shades of gray.

hiding it means losing yourself and actually losing your family too, if the family does not accept it it means that that is not your family, but at least you will not have lost yourself

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think a storm of hate matter's to DPC at all, there was a storm of Hate after AL but he's still defiant about it to this day.

Look at the DPC post at the start of this forum, and the infamous joke. I'm sure that joke was meant to piss people off, because he just doesn't care, or act's like he doesn't care.

As to the writing, if you look at the two episode's so far in the 2nd season, there's a pattern. First, regardless of what choice you made in episode four every event in M&J's life draws you in.

Meanwhile there are two other path's, Jill and Bella or Sage. With Jill, every time the Jill fan's think they're going to get lucky they get cock blocked somehow. There will be a number of scene's where you seem to be drawing closer, then BAM Jill and Sage choice.

With Sage she's always been sexually available but emotionally distant. For people on her path the backyard scene in five was the closest indication of a relationship yet, then the very next time we see Sage and the MC she's sitting in the rain emotionally devastated and the MC, who so far in their relationship has always been able to comfort Sage or cajole her out of her mood, is a tongue tied, ineffectual buffoon who's spurned at the end of the scene.

This pattern is going to hold for at least the rest of the 2nd season. It's like holding up a treat for a dog, You hold it close so he jumps for it then snatch it back so you can watch him beg. The MC will be stuck with whatever Maya and Josy's problem is. There'll be an emotionally promising scene with Sage that will be snatched away later, and you'll think your going to get some Jill only to find her legs still firmly crossed.

I hit on the idea of MC being put on the spot, that I posted earlier, from the speculations of some that Maya would ask MC to pose as her boyfriend to appease her Father. We will never get that easy of a choice because then most would choose to cut M&J off completely, and DPC will never let that happen.
DPC's trademark is frustration. but I find it an acceptable choice (and above all it works).

each LI offers us a long waiting period interspersed with some peaceful moments and on the horizon, perhaps for all, there will also be a happy ending

we are halfway through the game so it is okay that no situation is already defined.

and I say this regardless of my liking of every single storyline

p.s. you taught me a new word: "cajole"

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
A lot of people think it's not Mel for the same reason that a lot of people think Nick is not the traitor, it's too obviously presented that they are. I think they may be right.
May be but how else to figure it?? But Nick??? I don't think so... Melis the one a scared of Sage

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
am i the only one with the feeling theres more between Jill and MC? Big Sister died early, she sat under a tree when writing in her diary (i got the feeling it was the same tree they had picknick) maybe Bella a good friend of the MC´s Mother and now close with Jill because of the friend/sister died?! Rich people as parents is right too... just one of my thoughts maybe im totally false ;)

EDIT: the eyes and the faces are looking not too different

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
DPC's trademark is frustration. but I find it an acceptable choice (and above all it works).

each LI offers us a long waiting period interspersed with some peaceful moments and on the horizon, perhaps for all, there will also be a happy ending

we are halfway through the game so it is okay that no situation is already defined.

and I say this regardless of my liking of every single storyline

p.s. you taught me a new word: "cajole"
The guy's only made one other game. It had some elements of Tragedy. He hasn't made enough games to have "trademark" techniques yet. Let's see how this game finally pans out before we all act like we know DPC inside out.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes