felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The fake boyfriend is a classic trope, but I don't think this situation is in a position to leverage it. There are two main issues.

First is that the usual use of the trope is to force two people who don't like each other to spend a lot of intimate time together. In this case, Maya and the MC are already close friends at worst and an unofficial couple at best. The act really wouldn't be that big a deal for the characters. (Indeed, it's far more likely to be a problem for players who are sick of Maya, which is a terrible situation.) I'm skeptical it would matter to Josy, either, since she would understand the reason and it's not like she couldn't see Maya and the MC anymore.

Which brings us to the second problem: the only person the ruse needs to fool is Maya's dad, and he's almost never around. So for the vast majority of the time, the MC and Maya wouldn't even need to bother acting. After all, nearly everyone at B&R has seen Maya and Josy together, and the two share several classes. If Maya's dad puts even the smallest effort into investigating Maya's daily actions, he'll learn the truth long before characters like Jill could catch wind that the MC is supposedly dating Maya now. So unless we believe that Maya's dad will not investigate what Maya has been doing recently but will (somehow) stay on campus chaperoning Maya around for weeks on end, it's not clear how the act would last longer than a single scene (at least in this episode).

In short, if the MC does pretend to be Maya's boyfriend, I think it will only be a small part of a larger subplot. It just doesn't fit the situation well enough to be a subplot on its own.
I really like your analysis, and you have given me back my optimism about the continuation of the story

thanks

but the most immediate weakness of this machination is that the father would only need to check the allocation of the rooms to know that Maya sleeps with Josy, and this is enough and more

Jan 12, 2019
So, not that anyone cares, but I decided to wait a bit before posting my thoughts about this update. Also been stalking the thread since the release, and man, why is everyone bitching about the DnG and mansion activities? Anyway, I don't want to open that can of worms any longer than I have to, so let's move on, shall we?
Okay, firstly a side note...being a college student myself and living in my dorm with my fellow classmates. I can definitely say that is game and more particularly, this updates portrayal of said college life is nothing short of a far stretch from the realism of it all. after being here for 5 years (my degree being a minimum of 6 years to completion), I can say that my experience hasn't been nearly as eventful as the MC's first few weeks of college. That being said, no, you don't need to remind me that it is a game and things are exaggerated for funzies and drama. I get it. That whats I love about this game in the first place, it's technically the college experience I never had, lmao.

Secondly, my actual thoughts on this update... It took me a roundabout 12 hours to complete it (I play super slow, and I like to absorb it all at my own pace), which kind of fucked me over as I had an exam the following week. Needless to say, it was fucking worth it! :LOL: I had a feeling things would slow down now that hell week was over, and I was right. There were fewer shenanigans than the previous updates, but it was made up for the length of this update and drama behind the scenes.
Derek is one of my favourite characters, and it was a bit weird not spending more time with him in this update, but it fits for the purposes of the plot moving forward from hell week and the recovery. Either than that not much to say on that front.
Sage break up with chad felt a bit off-putting to say the least. I didn't think she'd take it so badly. I mean I feel for her but like... why you know? She already speculates that he was cheating on her, so why this?
Quinn... couldn't really abuse my meat during that scene, cuz, ya know, sad boy vibes.
Jill... I choose Jill. I understand why she said what she said. Fuck Tybalt and definitely fuck his mom, hopefully in the ass next time.
Bella... yummy:p, also, wtf I dont want to get Leah vibes from her
Maya and Josy... belong to the streets. However, and it pains me to say this, I still feel some kinda way about them, especially JoJo. Feelings die hard.
Karen...always a pleasure:)
Sally... wanna play some D in V with her if you get my drift.
Old Boobs...Nioce.
MC Mom... NO! GOD NO! WE DON'T FUCKING GO THERE! JESUS H. CHRIST BRO!
Mona... about to get yeeted. RIP

All in all, there's a lot to say I feel I typed more than my fair share that I'm pretty sure nobody is really interested in reading. The ending was ominous and I cant wait to see what comes next.
Last thing before signing off. Do not simp, for any of these girls. Know your worth King. Whether it be in a video game or elsewhere, know your worth:cool:

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The guy's only made one other game. It had some elements of Tragedy. He hasn't made enough games to have "trademark" techniques yet. Let's see how this game finally pans out before we all act like we know DPC inside out.
AL is full of them, BADIK is full of them

what should i wait? then it's my opinion so it's worth the BITEs that contain it.
I'm not talking about sudden deaths, unsolvable frustration, but I'm talking about the management of "happy" moments
and I repeat that for me it is not a defect, but a characteristic

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
So, not that anyone cares, but I decided to wait a bit before posting my thoughts about this update. Also been stalking the thread since the release, and man, why is everyone bitching about the DnG and mansion activities? Anyway, I don't want to open that can of worms any longer than I have to, so let's move on, shall we?
Okay, firstly a side note...being a college student myself and living in my dorm with my fellow classmates. I can definitely say that is game and more particularly, this updates portrayal of said college life is nothing short of a far stretch from the realism of it all. after being here for 5 years (my degree being a minimum of 6 years to completion), I can say that my experience hasn't been nearly as eventful as the MC's first few weeks of college. That being said, no, you don't need to remind me that it is a game and things are exaggerated for funzies and drama. I get it. That whats I love about this game in the first place, it's technically the college experience I never had, lmao.

Secondly, my actual thoughts on this update... It took me a roundabout 12 hours to complete it (I play super slow, and I like to absorb it all at my own pace), which kind of fucked me over as I had an exam the following week. Needless to say, it was fucking worth it! :LOL: I had a feeling things would slow down now that hell week was over, and I was right. There were fewer shenanigans than the previous updates, but it was made up for the length of this update and drama behind the scenes.
Derek is one of my favourite characters, and it was a bit weird not spending more time with him in this update, but it fits for the purposes of the plot moving forward from hell week and the recovery. Either than that not much to say on that front.
Sage break up with chad felt a bit off-putting to say the least. I didn't think she'd take it so badly. I mean I feel for her but like... why you know? She already speculates that he was cheating on her, so why this?
Quinn... couldn't really abuse my meat during that scene, ya know, sad boy vibes.
Jill... I choose Jill. I understand why she said what she said. Fuck Tybalt and definitely fuck his mom, hopefully in the ass next time.
Bella... yummy:p, also, wtf I dont want to get Lena vibes from her
Maya and Josy... belong to the streets. However, and it pains me to say this, I still feel some kinda way about them, especially JoJo. Feelings die hard.
Karen...always a pleasure:)
Sally... wanna play some D in V with her if you get my drift.
Old Boobs...Nioce.
MC Mom... NO! GOD NO! WE DON'T FUCKING GO THERE! JESUS H. CHRIST BRO!
Mona... about to get yeeted. RIP

All in all, there's a lot to say I feel I typed more than my fair share that I'm pretty sure nobody is really interested in reading. The ending was ominous and I cant wait to see what comes next.
Last thing before signing off. Do not simp, for any of these girls. Know your worth King. Whether it be in a video game or elsewhere, know your worth:cool:
Who the F's Karen?

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

mostlylurk

Nov 16, 2018
The guy's only made one other game. It had some elements of Tragedy. He hasn't made enough games to have "trademark" techniques yet. Let's see how this game finally pans out before we all act like we know DPC inside out.
AL had some elements of tragedy in the same way that steel has some amount of iron, it was a goddamn colombian telenovela with over the top ridiculous drama. If it didn't had such goddamn good characters it would've been buried to death as a story too absurd to create suspension of disbelief

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
:WaitWhat::WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

but what are you talking about?

please don't always generalize, that only serves to justify anything.
what do sportspeople have to do with it? having to open up to the world that is not freedom, that is violence. the world is bad and may not accept many things.

staying in BADIK, Maya and Josy did well not to talk about their sexuality to the newly met MC, they didn't hide anything, they defended their intimacy from a stranger

but here we are talking about a girl, who is about to become a woman, who should hide her sexuality, the person she loves from her family, and this is and remains unacceptable. there are no shades of gray.

hiding it means losing yourself and actually losing your family too, if the family does not accept it it means that that is not your family, but at least you will not have lost yourself
Well, as someone told me once, being related doesn't necessarily make you family. Family are the people who support you in your choices. Family will help you grow. Family doesn't give up on you in times of need. Family are the ones who love you for you... whoever that may be. Even if you lose your family, or if your family loses you, don't stop. Find new ones to love and somewhere else to call home.
;)

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Some seem to forget that when Josy knocked on the door she had no idea it was going to be Maya that opened it.
Did she not? In my playthrough I told her she'd have to bunk someplace else because I had somebody. She's in the girls dormitory, I figured she knew exactly who she was coming to see, and just didn't anticipate the MC being in the room.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Did she not? In my playthrough I told her she'd have to bunk someplace else because I had somebody. She's in the girls dormitory, I figured she knew exactly who she was coming to see, and just didn't anticipate the MC being in the room.
No, she was given that dorm because there was a vacancy. MC is there off the books and the girl who was supposed to be Maya's roomie was a no-show, so she just went where she was told to by the college admin.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
In Ep 4 she reveals that she was assigned the dorm room when she arrived because their records showed there was a spare bed, but she didn't know who was in the room. It was a complete coincidence.

Edieturs

Apr 10, 2020
Can't open the mac version of the game, it show that the application cannot be opened.
I've tried sudo spctl –master-disable,howevercant even get ther, if I open the app there is no autorun in the renpy what I could launch in the terminal.. Any ideas?

nimarm

Apr 20, 2020
So guys I played the game a few times and there are still some scenes that I haven't unlocked
Can someone share their save and persistent file if they have unlocked all the scenes and rewards?
thanks

JohnnyCrunch

Sep 2, 2020
You mean in your five years there, you've never had a hot MILF professor give you a handy during class... then take you back to her house for some role playing?

• Haha
Reactions: RonnieBoi

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Let's call it that :ROFLMAO: .

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
am i the only one with the feeling theres more between Jill and MC? Big Sister died early, she sat under a tree when writing in her diary (i got the feeling it was the same tree they had picknick) maybe Bella a good friend of the MC´s Mother and now close with Jill because of the friend/sister died?! Rich people as parents is right too... just one of my thoughts maybe im totally false ;)

EDIT: the eyes and the faces are looking not too different
Here we go again.jpg

Yes, in 4946 pages you are absolutely the first person to suggest that, in a game where there will be zero incest due to the dev having no interest in that particular fetish, MC and Jill are related

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes