AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
With Jill even holding hands is a lewd scene.
Do you want to hold my hand? I'm sorry but that's too fast for me
- Jill

LOL I still love you raccoon woman :ROFLMAO:
Well, with Jill on the roster, it kind of needs to be.
Imagine you are Jill and she have a solo game :LUL: and the only boy is Tybalt but you can have sex with girls :WeSmart:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
This is the part that I find curious. Someone at the college must know. MC could easily do a bit a snooping and find out, but so far he is taking the high road. If DPC offers that avenue to players, then Bella fans should probably bypass it...as juicy as it would be to find out. I'll of course pursue it on a non-Bella path because after 6 episodes I'm long past ready for the some answers. I, however, get the feeling he'll answer them in episode 8 at season's end, but will introduce even more frustrating ones that will remain a mystery until the very end.
Really, that's my main gripe. The "maybe James never existed" is a half silly attempt to explain this massive discrepancy.

Look people, I can live with petty Hollywood "misunderstanding" tactics in storytelling. That's an old old device in creating drama and tension after all.

Problem is, unlike Jill's last name rule, or some other "oh I didnt think about how he couldn't take this picture" level of stupidity, people IGNORING the fact that Bella's husbando is TOTALLY gone without any explanation is a massive and impossible leap in logic.

Either DPC has to explain this away with "Oh, he went away to Africa for some volunteering stuff and EVERYONE knows about it" bullshit ( considering how Jill refuses to answer anything about Bella, this would also be impossibly silly), or every single character who knows Bella is a total moron.

Where the goddamn hell is your husband woman? would be a question to anyone after month 2 of his disappearance.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Today there are 10,000 patrons supporting the creation of Being a DIK and it's absolutely wonderful seeing how many of you enjoy the game.

Thank you so much for your support! No matter what you pledge, you're helping the game both get made and get better.

I've been working hard on the next episode, but in anticipation of this day, I've started producing something special to celebrate this huge milestone together with you.

Starting today, and then two times per week (Wednesdays/Saturdays, starting next week) until I run out of material to post, I will post wallpapers that I've meticulously created for you.

To start off here's the first wallpaper of Sage. You can find high-resolution versions attached to this post, including full HD, 4k, and 3440x1440, for you ultrawide monitor lovers.
View attachment 986403
View attachment 986404

Enjoy!

Status update

Lately, I've been working on, what feels like, everything at once. The biggest focus has been producing one big free roam event.

The free roam event is close to being completed, but it needs polishing and content in a few more areas.

I've started writing phone conversations and the new phone feels like a nice improvement when it comes to texting.

I've also been working on adding more animations.

I'm starting to get a grasp of how much there's left in terms of animations, and I think that ~200 total seems like a good ballpark number.

159 animations are completed and I have a small queue with a few animations in it. I have a few lewd scenes left to write and pose for.

Currently, 1937 static renders are produced. I can't accurately estimate the progress in this area.

I will spend next week focusing mainly on writing and likely posing static renders.

In poll news, Jill won the special render poll for episode 7 and will get a special render set dedicated to her.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Status update Episode 7

This week I've been writing dialogue and coding phone and free roam content.

I haven't posed many static renders, but I did pose all animations for one lewd scene, and they are currently rendering.

There are 13 animations in the queue, and 173 animations are completed. The duration of the completed animations, so far, is 12 min 15 s; roughly 3.5 minutes longer than episode 6.

I have 2 ½ planned lewd scenes left to pose for, so I will likely overshoot last week's estimate a bit. 200-230 animations total for episode 7 is the new estimation.

Next week, I will continue to write the story and code.

I'm making good progress, but there's a lot left to do under the hood despite the high render and animation count.

So, let me try to paint a picture of the current state of the code for you.

The update's main file has ~7100 lines of code; it can be compared to episode 6 with ~11100.

The free roam code of episode 7 has ~6300 lines; it can be compared to episode 6 with ~5200.

I've mapped out most events in the update, and I have ~30 scenes (normal scenes and including any free roam events and/or hangouts) left to write and pose art for.

The episode will likely be bigger than episode 6 when I'm finished.

The reason updates are getting bigger is that I don't want to cut any story content to fit a deadline.

I'm not counting the lines of code written for the new feature I revealed a few weeks ago (I won't spoil what it is if you chose not to read that update), but content-wise, it has ~600 GUI elements (Rendered and/or photoshopped) and 73 script files.

I hope this gave you a slightly better understanding of what's going on when I say that I'm writing/coding.

In poll news, Titty sucking and Groping/Squeezing won the recent poll for animation types. They will get featured in a lewd scene in episode 7.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
DPC is definitely a master of providing random stats in his updates. I'm loathe to add even more columns to my spreadsheet to track minutes of animation or lines of code. So I'll stick with some simple analysis here. On animation run time, DPC has finished approximately 80% of the animations for Episode 7 (if his estimates are correct). Assuming the remaining animations have the same average length, Episode 7 will wind up with around 15:13 of animation. That's about 74% longer than Episode 6. Of course Episode 6 included all that D&G nonsense and we've already learned that Episode 7 won't be as story focused. We'll have to wait and see see if more is better in this case, but my money will be on "no."

On lines of code, in Episode 6 free roams took 47% as much code as the 'main' episode. In episode 7, they currently clock in at 89% as much as the main episode (I'd prefer to list them as a percentage of the total code, but I have no idea how much code other things like mini-games might take). This suggests free roams will be an even larger portion of the gaming experience; definitely not my first choice.

Okay, enough of that. Let's try to get some proper weekly analysis going. DPC completed 14 animations and an unknown number of static renders this week. He's still averaging about 16 animations rendered per week. He also bumped his estimate of the total animations, meaning he has almost the same number of animations to complete (~42) as last week despite picking up the animation render pace. Assuming he keeps feeding the render queue, it would take him about 3 weeks to hit his target (+/- 1 week depending on how many he finally ends up with) . It could take up to a month longer if he lets the queue run dry to focus on other things, but my guess is he'll be faster than that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think any of us are shocked to hear Episode 7 will be bigger than Episode 6, but we still don't have a sense of how much bigger (at least for the statics). It's hard to say what the bottleneck is going to be when DPC routinely skips numbers on the static renders. I presume we get more info on the animations because that's where his focus is, so it seems likely renders will be the last thing finished (especially since they're probably more time intensive to pose), and thus the static render rate probably took a hit this week.

Last week, the animation count was expected to be ~25% more than Episode 6, this week it's ~33%. If we assume the same increase in statics, we get to 4430. DPC could hit that as early as March 12, or as late as May 14 based on whether we assume his highest or lowest rendering rates. With the increased animation target and DPC specifically mentioning lots of code left to write, the static render pace will probably start slow. The rate should increase as statics become the bottleneck.

All told, early April is probably the safest bet to finish everything up (so ~mid April release), but there's a whole lot of uncertainty there. March-May remains the most accurate estimate we have.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Really, that's my main gripe. The "maybe James never existed" is a half silly attempt to explain this massive discrepancy.

Look people, I can live with petty Hollywood "misunderstanding" tactics in storytelling. That's an old old device in creating drama and tension after all.

Problem is, unlike Jill's last name rule, or some other "oh I didnt think about how he couldn't take this picture" level of stupidity, people IGNORING the fact that Bella's husbando is TOTALLY gone without any explanation is a massive and impossible leap in logic.

Either DPC has to explain this away with "Oh, he went away to Africa for some volunteering stuff and EVERYONE knows about it" bullshit ( considering how Jill refuses to answer anything about Bella, this would also be impossibly silly), or every single character who knows Bella is a total moron.

Where the goddamn hell is your husband woman? would be a question to anyone after month 2 of his disappearance.
I'm sure Jade knows the story and she would be more than willing to spill all the juicy details to her son, boy toy, lover, preferred student if he would but ask. Bella is friends, or at least friendly with Cathy so she certainly got the story direct. One can assume Cathy and Jade gossip during their shopping trips so I have no doubt Jade has the answers. To his credit, MC doesn't pry after Jill gives him a dressing down. The baffling part is how Mr. Mastermind, Prof. Burke, with access to all the files, doesn't even seem to know Bella was married. I guess he could have been playing dumb so as not to arouse the further suspicions of his wife. We don't get to see too much of the other faculty members, but I'm sure they know what happened as well.

Honestly, I just think most people keep quiet about it out of respect for (or fear of) Bella.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
And even then she'll tell you to slow things down. :cautious:
At least we know she won't have Riona's problem when she finally lets you through the proverbial chastity belt. It took her no time at all to get her rocks off when she sleep humped MC's hand.
Forgot

Bella's only close friend who knows about anything to do with her husband is Jill, no one else knows much about her. She's the fucking Ice Queen, it's not like she has friends over all the time (Cathy coming around may have been a one time thing since she was really distraught).

mc "What's the deal with her husband?"
ji "Oh, wow... Um... I... Ah..."
ji "Why are you asking me about this?"
mc "I get the feeling that I can't ask Bella about it."
mc "He's not at home, she wears her wedding ring and I saw her wedding picture in her bedroom. So, I got curious."
ji "You were in her bedroom?"
ji "Listen... I don't know how close you are, but I think you're right..."
ji "You shouldn't ask her about it."
mc "Come on, give me something. You can trust me not to tell anyone."
ji "I'm sorry, but I can't do this to her."
ji "And I don't think I can make you understand this without telling you things I shouldn't."
That's it. Her best friend doesn't want to betray her trust and start gossiping about her marital situation, so it's not likely anyone else knows much at all. And the fact she doesn't suggest the mc talk to Bella about it either means Jill knows it's something Bella is still trying to come to grips with.

DPC never made these theories up, it's the crazy conspiracy theorists on this board (I... don't know who they are... :whistle:) who are firing away with theories left, right and center. People are just having fun with the unknown. Half of the theories are just brought up for laughs (I'm sure there are less than a handful of people who actually think Jill is trans :rolleyes:).

My money is still on Chad being gay. ;)

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
DPC is definitely a master of providing random stats in his updates. I'm loathe to add even more columns to my spreadsheet to track minutes of animation or lines of code. So I'll stick with some simple analysis here. On animation run time, DPC has finished approximately 80% of the animations for Episode 7 (if his estimates are correct). Assuming the remaining animations have the same average length, Episode 7 will wind up with around 15:13 of animation. That's about 74% longer than Episode 6. Of course Episode 6 included all that D&G nonsense and we've already learned that Episode 7 won't be as story focused. We'll have to wait and see see if more is better in this case, but my money will be on "no."

On lines of code, in Episode 6 free roams took 47% as much code as the 'main' episode. In episode 7, they currently clock in at 89% as much as the main episode (I'd prefer to list them as a percentage of the total code, but I have no idea how much code other things like mini-games might take). This suggests free roams will be an even larger portion of the gaming experience; definitely not my first choice.

Okay, enough of that. Let's try to get some proper weekly analysis going. DPC completed 14 animations and an unknown number of static renders this week. He's still averaging about 16 animations rendered per week. He also bumped his estimate of the total animations, meaning he has almost the same number of animations to complete (~42) as last week despite picking up the animation render pace. Assuming he keeps feeding the render queue, it would take him about 3 weeks to hit his target (+/- 1 week depending on how many he finally ends up with) . It could take up to a month longer if he lets the queue run dry to focus on other things, but my guess is he'll be faster than that.

I don't think any of us are shocked to hear Episode 7 will be bigger than Episode 6, but we still don't have a sense of how much bigger (at least for the statics). It's hard to say what the bottleneck is going to be when DPC routinely skips numbers on the static renders. I presume we get more info on the animations because that's where his focus is, so it seems likely renders will be the last thing finished (especially since they're probably more time intensive to pose), and thus the static render rate probably took a hit this week.

Last week, the animation count was expected to be ~25% more than Episode 6, this week it's ~33%. If we assume the same increase in statics, we get to 4430. DPC could hit that as early as March 12, or as late as May 14 based on whether we assume his highest or lowest rendering rates. With the increased animation target and DPC specifically mentioning lots of code left to write, the static render pace will probably start slow. The rate should increase as statics become the bottleneck.

All told, early April is probably the safest bet to finish everything up (so ~mid April release), but there's a whole lot of uncertainty there. March-May remains the most accurate estimate we have.
Seeing those images I can only say that DPC is a monster in the way so fast that it is moving those RTX 3090 if they are doing a spectacular job

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
With regards to this James situation, I really don't see it being all that potentially complicated. For me, I think his absence could be easily explained.

For starters, when it comes to the issue of "why does nobody seem to know about James?", Stephen not knowing Bella is married isn't necessarily indicative of nobody knowing. He's a guy, and probably not very observant as most guys tend to be, so he's never noticed her wedding ring because his eyes were always looking elsewhere. Jade, however, did know she was married but since she and Bella don't seem to be all that close, she probably doesn't know much, if anything, about Bella's husband or her personal life in general. Furthermore, Bella seems like the kind of person who, until the MC arrived, kept her work and home lives separate from each other, and a result of this would be her work colleagues not knowing much about her and her life outside of work.

As for James's absence, it seems to me that the reason could be a very simple one. In the library scene in Ep 3, Bella's internal monologue is asking for forgiveness from James, seemingly for a past incident where she was "intimate with a friend". Then in Ep 4, if you stay with Bella, her internal monologue now forgives James for doing something. The simplest explanation here, as far as I can guess, is that James cheated on Bella but they didn't separate or divorce, perhaps going to therapy or something like that to work out some issues, but then Bella did the same thing or close to it with a close friend (possibly Jill) and James caught her which caused him to storm out, and they've been separated ever since. Bella still hopes he'll return, and maybe they've been in contact recently trying to sort things out which is why she hopes he'll come home soon.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

How long do you spend doing these charts weekly?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
My money is still on Chad being gay
I was leaning towards that also since to me it looked like it was personal enough for him to about cry after the fight. But now I'm thinking it's either with Melanie or Quinn is manipulating him some how with her restaurant.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
The baffling part is how Mr. Mastermind, Prof. Burke, with access to all the files, doesn't even seem to know Bella was married.
That would probably be because he genuinely doesn't know anything about her husband, Cathy and Jade included. You're bold to assume that just because Bella attempted to comfort Cathy at her place following the cluck scandal, they're close enough friends to the point to where she would confide in Cathy her extremely personal marital situation and think Cathy would tell Jade simply because they're friends and Jade her husband who she doesn't like which wouldn't make sense.

It seems as though the only person who knows about Bella's husband is Jill simply due to her having possibly played a part in whatever happened if not for the fact that they're really close friends who have known each other for a long time. Are you forgetting the whole "Ice Queen who doesn't let anyone in" trope her entire character is based off of?

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I was leaning towards that also since to me it looked like it was personal enough for him to about cry after the fight. But now I'm thinking it's either with Melanie or Quinn is manipulating him some how with her restaurant.
Then perhaps you need to be refreshed with the irrefutable evidence that not only is Chad gay, but his lover is none other than Troy! :geek:

The first thing we need to do is address the red herring that is Mel. Sure there's a lot of whispering and misleading looks, but the fact that Mel is running on the treadmill with Sarah within earshot of the Jocks while Chad is on the phone with his side "chick" puts Mel in the clear.

Now let's get chronological.

When you first check in, the receptionist says, "Here's the key to your shared dorm, you're in the eastern wing. The dorm number is 66." Now we need to know it's 66 since we have to click on door 66(6), but you never had to follow directions to find the east wing, so why was that tiny detail included in the game? Just for a little more reality perhaps? Or what it a clue?

When Sage posts on Rooster that she has a temporary roommate, Dawe responds with:

Untitled.png

Is that the same eastern wing you just left? Room 66(6) perchance? So it makes a lot of sense that Chad is staying with Troy.

When you're staying with Troy, he makes a big deal about you having to stay out of the room most of the time, most likely he likes to entertain, perhaps entertain a big muscly stud?

When Troy sneaks out at night, he's obviously going for some steamy gay sex ('cause you're cramping his style back in the room).

While he's the president of the Tri-Alpha's, Chad has to stay at the mansion, so even though Troy's dorm room has been half empty (until you come along), it's not really an option for Chad to stay there.

Once Chad is kicked out of the frat, he's free to find a dorm room of his own and so he makes a beeline to Troy's loving open arms.

When the Jocks are discussing the keg procurement schedule, one of them comments about Chad, "I saw him yesterday, he seemed happy. It was weird. Never saw him as a positive guy." - Maybe he's happy because he's landed himself in the dorm of the love of his life?

All of that plus Chad's blackmail photos? Obviously some hot man-o-man action in those happy snaps.

And that brings us to why he finally dumped Sage. When he was president of the tri-alphas, he had an image to maintain, needed a girl by his side, but as she complained, he was never physical with her. Not physical with Sage?! That ain't normal, even if your dick is limp, you've still got 10 fingers and a tongue! He obviously isn't in to girls.

Now that he's shacked up with Troy and no longer has to deal with the spotlight that being the prez brings, he decided to stop stringing Sage along.

Now I know I said "chronological" but it's too fucking hard to get this in order. So lets take a trip way back, to when Chad and Sage were freshmen (or is it freshpeople nowadays).

Chad has never been in to Sage. In the flashback at the beginning of episode 5 he was already blowing her off (Sage was just too love struck or something to see it - look at the poor innocent face, idolizing that beefcake...)

chad1.png

chad2.png

And look at Chad's face. He is perpetually tormented. He never looks happy.

During the fight they have just before the MC comes around to teach Sage some more guitar, Sage complains that it's about time Chad started getting more physical with her, right after he gives her a peck on the forehead.

chad6.png

She's not saying, "how come we're not physical anymore" (like what might happen when you start to fall out of love with someone), she's saying it's about time they "start" getting more physical. That means, in the 3 years(?) of their relationship, how physical has it even got? Certainly sounds like there hasn't been any sex.

Also, earlier in their argument she accuses him of only paying attention to her in front of other people:

chad3.png

These are all major flags (not wild speculation) that he's batting for the other team. His relationship with her is all for show (to hide his true sexual orientation), and once they are in private she's just his friend, and he doesn't deserve her.

Now some people may shamelessly accuse me of regurgitating my past posts. They might be right :whistle: ... but..

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Then perhaps you need to be refreshed with the irrefutable evidence that not only is Chad gay, but his lover is none other than Troy! :geek:

The first thing we need to do is address the red herring that is Mel. Sure there's a lot of whispering and misleading looks, but the fact that Mel is running on the treadmill with Sarah within earshot of the Jocks while Chad is on the phone with his side "chick" puts Mel in the clear.

Now let's get chronological.

When you first check in, the receptionist says, "Here's the key to your shared dorm, you're in the eastern wing. The dorm number is 66." Now we need to know it's 66 since we have to click on door 66(6), but you never had to follow directions to find the east wing, so why was that tiny detail included in the game? Just for a little more reality perhaps? Or what it a clue?

When Sage posts on Rooster that she has a temporary roommate, Dawe responds with:

Untitled.png

Is that the same eastern wing you just left? Room 66(6) perchance? So it makes a lot of sense that Chad is staying with Troy.

When you're staying with Troy, he makes a big deal about you having to stay out of the room most of the time, most likely he likes to entertain, perhaps entertain a big muscly stud?

When Troy sneaks out at night, he's obviously going for some steamy gay sex ('cause you're cramping his style back in the room).

While he's the president of the Tri-Alpha's, Chad has to stay at the mansion, so even though Troy's dorm room has been half empty (until you come along), it's not really an option for Chad to stay there.

Once Chad is kicked out of the frat, he's free to find a dorm room of his own and so he makes a beeline to Troy's loving open arms.

When the Jocks are discussing the keg procurement schedule, one of them comments about Chad, "I saw him yesterday, he seemed happy. It was weird. Never saw him as a positive guy." - Maybe he's happy because he's landed himself in the dorm of the love of his life?

All of that plus Chad's blackmail photos? Obviously some hot man-o-man action in those happy snaps.

And that brings us to why he finally dumped Sage. When he was president of the tri-alphas, he had an image to maintain, needed a girl by his side, but as she complained, he was never physical with her. Not physical with Sage?! That ain't normal, even if your dick is limp, you've still got 10 fingers and a tongue! He obviously isn't in to girls.

Now that he's shacked up with Troy and no longer has to deal with the spotlight that being the prez brings, he decided to stop stringing Sage along.

Now I know I said "chronological" but it's too fucking hard to get this in order. So lets take a trip way back, to when Chad and Sage were freshmen (or is it freshpeople nowadays).

Chad has never been in to Sage. In the flashback at the beginning of episode 5 he was already blowing her off (Sage was just too love struck or something to see it - look at the poor innocent face, idolizing that beefcake...)

chad1.png

chad2.png

And look at Chad's face. He is perpetually tormented. He never looks happy.

During the fight they have just before the MC comes around to teach Sage some more guitar, Sage complains that it's about time Chad started getting more physical with her, right after he gives her a peck on the forehead.

chad6.png

She's not saying, "how come we're not physical anymore" (like what might happen when you start to fall out of love with someone), she's saying it's about time they "start" getting more physical. That means, in the 3 years(?) of their relationship, how physical has it even got? Certainly sounds like there hasn't been any sex.

Also, earlier in their argument she accuses him of only paying attention to her in front of other people:

chad3.png

These are all major flags (not wild speculation) that he's batting for the other team. His relationship with her is all for show (to hide his true sexual orientation), and once they are in private she's just his friend, and he doesn't deserve her.

Now some people may shamelessly accuse me of regurgitating my past posts. They might be right :whistle: ... but..

Yep, Mel is just a red herring thrown in by DPC to make people think it's her and that Chad can't be gay. Him being gay would be the easiest way to remove him as possible competition for those pursuing Sage. Literally every piece of evidence points to Chad x Troy.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yep, Mel is just a red herring thrown in by DPC to make people think it's her and that Chad can't be gay. Him being gay would be the easiest way to remove him as possible competition for those pursuing Sage. Literally every piece of evidence points to Chad x Troy.
And the anti-NTR brigade could sigh with relief too; Chad is definitely not giving it to Sage!

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes