shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
If that's true, and I'm not saying it isn't, then Jill is just as fucked up as Bella. I think she knows about the source of Bella's issues and what's behind the door. If it's something truly that terrible and she doesn't feel the need to "get help" as MC narrated he would have during library kiss, then something is seriously off about Jill too. She's the one who just has to help anyone in need, isn't she?
Well, depends on how much Jill knows. She knows about James. She didn't know about the locked door. Its possible this is something even Jill doesn't know. Although, I do find that hard to believe myself.
:unsure: Perhaps, but I think she does know what's behind the door based upon her words to MC. And she either got into that room (isn't she shown reaching for the doorknob before the scene cuts out?), or she knows something is at least odd about it. She would certainly ask Bella about it and try to help her if it's something bad. Bella could have brushed her off, but we all know Jill is a little stubborn. She'd find a way into that room to find the source of Bella's troubles. It's very bizarre to me that she would not get help like MC would. Curiouser and curiouser.
I thought that scene was her reaching out to try the door. And her confirming that the door is locked. And NOW Jill knows about the locked room, and its added to Jill's worries about Bella. That was my interpretation of that, at least.

I've been expecting a moment where Jill tries to get in, or she confronts Bella about it after that scene. Like you said, she's kind of stubborn. Especially about those she cares about.
I don't think Jill knows everything. If she did, Miss GoodyTwoShoes would be running off to the nearest counselor to force Bella to get help. I don't think she's been in that room, hence she tried opening it that time. But she probably does know about the basis for Bella's trauma, just not the extent of it.

Yet we are back to the starting point with it again. Arguing the legal side, what is or is not possible, for her dad. So in the end its all the same. "Why doesn't she do this / Her dad can't do that". Things still happen the way they happen so we could have a family drama plot this way.
Yep, and that's something for the MC to help her with next episode. People keep talking like the MC has known this shit forever, it's literally the last thing he finds out in the end of the last episode, he hasn't even had a chance to respond to Maya's story.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I thought that scene was her reaching out to try the door. And her confirming that the door is locked. And NOW Jill knows about the locked room, and its added to Jill's worries about Bella. That was my interpretation of that, at least.

I've been expecting a moment where Jill tries to get in, or she confronts Bella about it after that scene. Like you said, she's kind of stubborn. Especially about those she cares about.
Let's take that a step further. If Jill is just now finding out that the room is locked then that would mean it has only recently been locked (odd since James's stuff is in there). Jill and Bella seem to have been friends for a while so Jill spends many nights at Bella's house doing....things....with her. She never noticed the door previously? This is detective Jill we are talking about. All of this just seems fishy.

I don't think she's been in that room, hence she tried opening it that time. But she probably does know about the basis for Bella's trauma, just not the extent of it.
Then that pretty much negates the notion that the room contains the main source of Bella's trauma. If Jill knows the source of Bella's pain as she has indicated (still weird she hasn't already sought help), then it can't be what is inside the room, at least not entirely. And thus it can't be that terrible.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020

What if Bella killed her husband and buried his corpse in that room and is actually schizophrenic and thinks her husband is still alive and will come back some day?

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Let's take that a step further. If Jill is just now finding out that the room is locked then that would mean it has only recently been locked (odd since James's stuff is in there). Jill and Bella seem to have been friends for a while so Jill spends many nights at Bella's house doing....things....with her. She never noticed the door previously? This is detective Jill we are talking about. All of this just seems fishy.
Well, its detective Jill, but I doubt she just investigates the entire house when she comes over, you know? If there was never any reason to go to that room, it could just be one of those things that eventually became a blind spot. Out of mind, out of sight.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
When you visit friends do you randomly walk around checking their doors to see if they're locked?

Jill isn't a detective yet, she will be when she comes over to the MCs and saves B&R from the drug epidemic.

Dovv

Feb 18, 2021
Can I get a freebie with you :sneaky:

Just read the guide tho, telling Sarah she has the best ass out of that room would be a lie
woahh hmmm :sneaky: i ordered japanese takeaway from Quinn, so i cant today. Rain check ?

Telling a little lie to bang that ass is worth it buddy

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Well, its detective Jill, but I doubt she just investigates the entire house when she comes over, you know? If there was never any reason to go to that room, it could just be one of those things that eventually became a blind spot. Out of mind, out of sight.
Maybe but normally the first time you are in a friend's home you get the full tour (if not then the question...what's in there comes up). So that again makes one believe the room hasn't been locked for a long period of time. Even though Jill is a goody two-shoes, she does seem like the kind of person who would snoop even without MC prompting.

But back to my original theory that Jill knows Bella's secret. If that is true then one of the following two things must also be true:

1) Bella's secret isn't that bad, otherwise, Rescuewoman Jill would have sought help.

2) Bella's seret is that bad, as MC indicated, and Jill is just as fucked up as Bella or has some hand (heh) in the fishiness (double heh).

• Love
Reactions: Ennoch

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Man, can't believe I missed such a lively an generally well-rationed M&J debate. :(

Well, here's my 2 cents anyway.

I do kinda find it puzzling that it seems to go more mayas way than josy. I mean at least Maya was kinda more honest with letting mc believe she had a boyfriend. Where as josy let stuff happen before she said anything.
I think it comes down to people being OK with stealing a girl from their current partner in adult games, and since Josy straight-up tells the MC she has a boyfriend, then most people, even the Maya haters, don't/didn't seem to have a problem getting with Josy.

With Maya, she said it then rescinded it, which meant that it came as a shock later. People didn't understand why Maya withheld that information and were and still are incredibly judgmental and view her as a terrible person who committed an unforgivable sin, even though it really wasn't that bad.

But let's face it Maya wouldn't have done anything if it hadn't been for Quinn she has indirectly played Cupid with her rival because nothing turns out the way she wants
I like that idea that Quinn's the one responsible for making this relationship possible. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you, Quinn. :giggle:

Maya also cheated in her action. Namely Josy. Both of them cheated on this point. You could see that at the end of EP4 when MC revealed everything.

What is important in all these entanglements is the reason why they did it. And I think that was made quite clear.

They both felt alone and thought that their relationship was actually over. And suddenly the MC appears and gives them what they are missing. The feeling of being wanted, of no longer being alone with all their worries, someone who shows understanding.
And there are two kinds of people, in terms of trust. The type of person (Josy) who gives everyone an advance trust and the type of person (Maya) where trust has to grow.

And one thing must not be forgotten, they are still teenagers. Think back to your teenage years and the mistakes each of us made at that stage of our lives. (At 18/19 you are still a teenager).

I suppose that's what DPC wants to portray.
Very well said, dalli. (y) My thoughts exactly. The MC is a missing piece to their puzzle, and that's why without him it won't work, but with him it can and should work.

I once heard that the first people to lie to us are our parents
They tell us about Santa Claus.
They tell us about the Easter bunny.
They tell us our pet dog went to go live on a farm.
They tell us that drawing we did was so good they'd love to hang it on the fridge.

Yeah, parents lie all the time to their kids.

We've discussed this quite a bit in the past. Here are the facts:
  1. Maya's dad is controlling
  2. Maya's dad is not happy with Maya being a lesbian (it stems from his religious beliefs)
  3. Maya's dad is trying to interfere with her current gay relationship (with Josy) by threatening to withhold her tuition funds
  4. Maya's dad is a co-signer on her student loan
  5. Maya thinks that if her dad withholds the student loan funds she'll be financially fucked forever (no money for college and forever in debt)
What Maya believes about the loan situation, and what is actually real regarding the loan situation doesn't have to be the same. Similar to the Tybalt blackmail, what Jill believes doesn't have to match what is real.

What Maya believes is wrong. If she doesn't pay back the loan, her dad must pay it back, that's what a co-signer is; they are a guarantor for the loan in the event the borrower (Maya) fails to pay it back. So some of the money has been spent (on the first semester or year or whatever) and the remaining money is being held (illegally) by the dad.

To back that last statement up, here's Maya's words:

my "He fooled me into co-signing my student loan and afterward he gave me the ultimatum that I couldn't see Josy ever again."
my "If I did, he'd withhold the funds and I would be fucked financially for the rest of my life."
my "No money for college and forever in debt."

The deal with being a co-signer is that you bear the final responsibility for the repayment but you get nothing out of it (you don't get the cash, you don't own the asset that is being purchased or in this case the tuition that is being paid). So really, it doesn't make sense that the dad has control of the money, unless he tricked Maya into putting the funds into an account that only he controlled. That'd be theft.

Also, a co-signer can't just take their name off a loan. That's why people advise you never to co-sign (or go guarantor) for anyone's loan. Of course parents do it for their kids.

My take on this is that the dad is bluffing. If he went through with it (i.e. withholding the cash), the money will still have to be paid back to the creditor at some point, and if Maya can't do it, the Dad will have to. Meanwhile he's fucked up his daughter's education (which I doubt he wants to do, he just wants to save his daughter from the eternal fire of hell for being gay). He's just using whatever means he currently has to force her straight. When it actually comes down to it, I think he'll cave.

Of course Maya's and all her friends are fucking idiots if they don't work out that what the dad is doing is illegal, but remember this was a bombshell that landed on the MC at the end of the last episode (just like the Jill blackmail), so while we've all dissected the shit out of it all, the MC has had hardly any time to look into any of this.

In the end, Maya just needs to contact Judge Judy, she will anally fuck the dad on TV! Alternatively she just needs to speak with the creditor through which she received the loan and they'll rape the dad. Either way, the dad's getting raped.
It could be that this is all just a case of Maya not knowing how loans work and that a little bit of research will show her that this isn't the case, but that would seem very anticlimactic. Given this is a fictional world, the rules can be different, and so perhaps, in this BaDIK world, it does work in such a way that if her Dad does this, then it will all be on Maya's shoulders.

Trying to rationalise this with real world rules is like trying to rationalise super powers in comics with real world physics; you can't, because in those worlds physics works differently which is how those super powers can exist, and the rules of bank/student loans may very well work differently in the BaDIK world.

People are way too harsh on Maya. She just experimented a few times with the MC. It wasn't even serious. And she has obviously been abused by her ultra religious family so it makes a lot of sense that she would be scared to tell people that she's a lesbian. That's why she was so closed off from the MC in the beginning. It's, I reckon, people's fear of ntr subconsciously rearing it's head that causes them to hate Maya and Josy. The fact that they aren't the only human being having sex.
You are making very good comments here, and it's good to have another person to stand up against the constant Maya abuse. :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Maybe but normally the first time you are in a friend's home you get the full tour (if not then the question...what's in there comes up). So that again makes one believe the room hasn't been locked for a long period of time. Even though Jill is a goody two-shoes, she does seem like the kind of person who would snoop even without MC prompting.

But back to my original theory that Jill knows Bella's secret. If that is true then one of the following two things must also be true:

1) Bella's secret isn't that bad, otherwise, Rescuewoman Jill would have sought help.

2) Bella's seret is that bad, as MC indicated, and Jill is just as fucked up as Bella or has some hand (heh) in the fishiness (double heh).
Or maybe not fucked up, but just not knowing what to do while her friend slowly self destructs. Like in those horror movies, where a poor mom protects her monster child to the very end, not wanting to turn her child in out of love but not knowing what to do. Jill is the poor mom who is about to get eaten by the monster child.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think Jill knows everything. If she did, Miss GoodyTwoShoes would be running off to the nearest counselor to force Bella to get help. I don't think she's been in that room, hence she tried opening it that time. But she probably does know about the basis for Bella's trauma, just not the extent of it.

Yep, and that's something for the MC to help her with next episode. People keep talking like the MC has known this shit forever, it's literally the last thing he finds out in the end of the last episode, he hasn't even had a chance to respond to Maya's story.
But if we accept that Bella's trauma goes beyond her marital problems, even Jill might not be aware of it and think that it all stems from problems with James, which only Bella is rightly entitled to expose to MC.

she might be aware of a betrayal or an miscarriage, but not, for example, a psychological breakdown, a drug addiction, etc.

Reactions: shazba

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Or maybe not fucked up, but just not knowing what to do while her friend slowly self destructs. Like in those horror movies, where a poor mom protects her monster child to the very end, not wanting to turn her child in out of love but not knowing what to do. Jill is the poor mom who is about to get eaten by the monster child.
I do like that theory. But I have a difficult time letting go of the notion of Rescuewoman Jill who is compelled to help her friends. Look at how far she went for MC when he clearly didn't want her to. And that was just for a fist fight that guys do all of the time. I say, don't entirely trust Jill...at least not yet. Hopefully ep. 7 & 8 will start providing some answers to these mysteries instead of dragging them on and on.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Then that pretty much negates the notion that the room contains the main source of Bella's trauma. If Jill knows the source of Bella's pain as she has indicated (still weird she hasn't already sought help), then it can't be what is inside the room, at least not entirely. And thus it can't be that terrible.
I don't think that room contains the main source of her trauma. Her trauma, like all trauma, is due to an experience in the past.

The room and its contents will just be symbolic of her trauma. Like her unborn baby's body in a jar. The baby in a jar isn't her trauma, its premature death is.

Keeping the baby in the jar is just how Bella is coping with the trauma.

Now if Jill knew Bella was keeping Jar Baby in the back room, she'd be interfering like the a motherfucker.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017

Or whats in that room has to do with both of them, but specifically that part is bellas to tell (which Jill basically said that saying ask bella). Say for example that room has something to do with Jill's sister. And its actually separate from the issue of her husband. At the same time could it be connected?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes