obibobi

May 10, 2017
For every single girl the story is way past the point of casual, if you are playing their route well then both the MC and the girl clearly care about one another.

I've said this before but I see all the stories as mostly disconnected, not truelly canon with one another, unless PinkCake let's us get to a certain point and gives us the option to just fuck up everything and hurt a lot of feelings.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
For every single girl the story is way past the point of casual, if you are playing their route well then both the MC and the girl clearly care about one another.

I've said this before but I see all the stories as mostly disconnected, not truelly canon with one another, unless PinkCake let's us get to a certain point and gives us the option to just fuck up everything and hurt a lot of feelings.
DPC

How do you balance developing and telling a cohesive storytelling structure with a narrative game's branching elements? Do you prioritize taking the plot and characters arc from A to B with somewhat limited branching, or you plan strongly defined diverging paths that can go from A to B, C, D, E...?

When you develop a game like Being a DIK and need many branches, the most important part is to have a backbone story. No matter what choices the player makes, which girl the player goes for, the main story is always there to carry the game forward. That way, branching becomes manageable, and you can plan whatever structure you want for the branches. It’s not necessarily just an arc going from A to B; you can have multiple outcomes for it, as long as you plan to take care of the outcomes when you’re done with the branch.

One good way to end branching is to store its outcome as a variable and use it later to affect the story. It’s an easy way to introduce a system where choice matters, and it allows you to kill branches without making the player feel they did something for nothing, as the choice is respected later on in the game.

The balance of it comes naturally to me; I try to include characters in the story, even if the player has no romantic interest in them.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
What the hell? Jill is unusually tall for a girl.
Well, her height doesn't show properly in the game, it seems.
Well, I was just correcting Porthas' conversion errors.

But yeah, those numbers, and especially Jill's, seems really off. Jill at that height would basically be an Amazon. And she's definitely not nearly a foot and a half taller than Josy. The average height for US woman is just under 5' 4" (2016 data). I'd say most of those numbers only make sense if you count the height of the stiletto heels. And even then it still wouldn't make sense for Jill.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
At least once she participated. Quinn/Riona/MC
This is possible, then again she could of gotten the deal is she simply supplies Burke with new ones. In otherwords still being a dealer.

I'm going back through every scene. Right now I'm back at the movie night at the HOT house, where they start drinking and he either puts his hand down her panties or he doesn't. I guess I'm looking for something that doesn't conclude with sex. That's usually a good sign there's more there than FWB stuff.
It comes in increments, someone who wants no attachments but gets close like that won't jump straight into it. But a big step was letting him stay then movie night, she was trying to get his mind off of Maya and josy. Second was guitar lesson outside, then you have when mc sat outside in the rain talking to her, her opening up about her family, when mc was walking her home from the cafeteria and the fact that she stopped mc from beating dawes ass. Its Little signs here n there but their building.

Edit: i forgot to mention when she was sick in there

Last edited:
Reactions: dalli_x

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019

But yeah, those numbers, and especially Jill's, seems really off. Jill at that height would basically be an Amazon. And she's definitely not nearly a foot and a half taller than Josy. The average height for US woman is just under 5' 4" (2016 data). I'd say most of those numbers only make sense if you count the height of the stiletto heels. And even then it still wouldn't make sense for Jill.
Jill isn't even 180cm. I have no idea where that 200cm shit came from. She's not even as tall as Derek.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
There are those who argue otherwise. And they may not be wrong. But, to me, the relationship between Sage and the MC seems based on little more than sex. That's not a strong bond.
Their relation found on chad ignorance of sage. Which develop mutual understanding of give and take then comes friendship as time goes (It's became sexual friendship) by, at the very end of chapter 6 when mc open his heart to about his mother which indicate that as sage know she is damaged by family issues.

She realizes that so does the mc suffering just like her and that issue could not be more hurting them his own (mc) existence is a outcome of his mother death.

In some of that way mc is also damaged. That is the point she hugs you more then a sexual or just friend but as partner of journey where they both have though ride.

This is the end point I was taking about when she cries for mc.

I understand you point but relationship evolve all the time.

It's just weird. For one thing, girls don't titfuck guys they don't even like. That's not part of being fuckbuddies. Girls don't get shit out of that. She only did that for revenge on Chad. Then, after they have the buttsekz she still says they're just fuckbuddies and makes him sleep somewhere else besides her bed. And she says she's taken when the MC says he has more interest in her than in Quinn. She's bipolar or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: kazaf

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

The truth, I was just kidding, but if I tell you in a serious way it is that Josy can measure 160cm and Maya probably 165cm because between them there is not much difference

Sage is taller than Maya I would say that 168cm to 170cm

Isabella is more taller than Sage by a little so she must measure more than 170

And Jill must fit in that range of 170-175cm

And the MC with Jill I don't notice much of the difference so they can measure the same

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
It comes in increments, someone who wants no attachments but gets close like that won't jump straight into it. But a big step was letting him stay then movie night, she was trying to get his mind off of Maya and josy. Second was guitar lesson outside, then you have when mc sat outside in the rain talking to her, her opening up about her family, when mc was walking her home from the cafeteria and the fact that she stopped mc from beating dawes ass. Its Little signs here n there but their building.

Edit: i forgot to mention when she was sick in there
It's just weird. For one thing, girls don't titfuck guys they don't even like. That's not part of being fuckbuddies. Girls don't get shit out of that. She only did that for revenge on Chad. Then, after they have the buttsekz she still says they're just fuckbuddies and makes him sleep somewhere else besides her bed. And she says she's taken when the MC says he has more interest in her than in Quinn. She's bipolar or something.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
If you will allow me to be as blunt, isn't that essentially that everything popular isn't inherently good at storytelling? Which would mean that NCIS is apparently the golden goose of great narratives, I mean it's been on for 20 years and still gets good ratings. If it is critical response, well Ben Hur apparently still lives today as great of a movie as ever. If instead of countering points with scenes and narrative from the game your assertion is instead that it is popular, it becomes immune to critical discussion?

And by the way, I am here critical of the actual storytelling being done, not what I prefer. Hell, even in this particular situation there's a lot of games on this very site that have the MC turning the lesbian through the power of their magic dick, these are wish fulfillment games after all. I don't have a problem with a majority of those, even if I don't prefer the trope personally, as in them it is executed within the narrative framework they present.

Even the fact that I vent about this is that I do think there are several parts the game does well, which makes these fallacies stand up more. For example, I think the Sage storyline relatively well done and I've already pointed out the work with the teacher stories. With that I guess it is time for me to leave the negativity with me as I don't think any discussion can remain constructive once popularity becomes the defense.
You went straight to the "lots of people like it" and ignored everything else I stated.

You also completely ignored my previous post (here) that lists the various interactions between the two girls.

It just comes down to you not being satisfied that enough has been presented between the girls to convince you that they are in love, when in fact the idea that they are together has been beaten over our head so much that no further visuals are warranted.

Does anyone playing the game not know they are together? Surely not, so why do you need more visuals?

Also, all the other techniques of giving us snippets of details to be fleshed out later, you don't like it (Mona leaving as an example), but others get it. There are heaps of clues as to why Mona may have left, but it seems you need a linear story from start to finish to make you feel comfortable. That's just your preference, it's not an objective criticism.

The game's not perfect, there are lots of issues that people have raised, but to say the story telling is trash is a bit heavy handed.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
No, she's just a woman.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
You went straight to the "lots of people like it" and ignored everything else I stated.

You also completely ignored my previous post (here) that lists the various interactions between the two girls.

It just comes down to you not being satisfied that enough has been presented between the girls to convince you that they are in love, when in fact the idea that they are together has been beaten over our head so much that no further visuals are warranted.

Does anyone playing the game not know they are together? Surely not, so why do you need more visuals?

Also, all the other techniques of giving us snippets of details to be fleshed out later, you don't like it (Mona leaving as an example), but others get it. There are heaps of clues as to why Mona may have left, but it seems you need a linear story from start to finish to make you feel comfortable. That's just your preference, it's not an objective criticism.
It doesn't even seem to be about visuals, it's like they just want Maya to look at a girl and say, "Damn, she's sexy. I'd like a piece of of that", because apparently that's what needs to happen to make it clear Maya likes girls. :rolleyes:

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
For sage, MC is not the one she loves now, maybe in the future
Remeber . . . (If you chose to stay at hots)
Mc : Thanks for letting me stay here.
Sage : I . . . I like you.
and then some more statements.

And here is more

Their relation found on chad ignorance of sage. Which develop mutual understanding of give and take then comes friendship as time goes (It's became sexual friendship) by, at the very end of chapter 6 when mc open his heart to about his mother which indicate that as sage know she is damaged by family issues.

She realizes that so does the mc suffering just like her and that issue could not be more hurting them his own (mc) existence is a outcome of his mother death.

In some of that way mc is also damaged. That is the point she hugs you more then a sexual or just friend but as partner of journey where they both have though ride.

This is the end point I was taking about when she cries for mc.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Prep boy has a unique fetish.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Of course he does. He's a vegetarian, you see. Sex with Jill? No way, that's using animal labor (Jill is an animal) for our benefit.
Am I mistaken or is Mona just talking about the plural. If so, the girls have to fuck not only Burke but multiple old scumbags for the free tuition.
View attachment 1133025
I don't think it's about "multiple old guys" as such. I think it was the realization that she'd be fucking guys who are older than mere college-age dudes who want to get laid. She might have viewed it as a banging the age-appropriate hotties and getting paid for it. Not guys that remind her of her father.
Oh, I've played it through many, many times but nothing yet has convinced me Sage wouldn't drop the MC like a bad habit.
Then you, sir, are merely living up to your forum username. My father always said to stick with your strengths.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes