PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Just a quick questions, for all of you mac users, do your fans start running when you play this game. Yes I know macs aren't meant for gaming, but even with BaDIK and two or three tabs open tabs on Safari, my fans kick up. It's a 2020 Intel Mac btw. Doesn't affect game performance either.
2020 Intel Mac isn"t saying much. On my Macbook Air, even a single tab will cause the fans into go to overdrive if that tab is running a flash animation. My iMac won't break a sweat when running several browser windows with dozens of tabs. So it highly depends on the model of your Mac.
You can always check your Activity Monitor to see if something fishy is going on.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I downloaded the update instead of the full 13 GB 0.7.2 release but I'm getting a lot of

Sayer 'sis' is not defined and
Sayer 'jim' is not defined

errors.

Would one of you fine folks with a working 0.7.2 copy please share with me your characters.rpy file located at <path to BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc>\game\characters.rpy ?

It's only about 5kiloBytes. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Reactions: breeper

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Next you're gonna try to argue that welfare has no positive impact on the employment opportunities of the impoverished. ;)
I thought we were trying to have a valid discussion, not attempt to discount arguments through logic fallacies.
But if you'd like to prove your point - feel free to explain how poor behavior can serve as a positive example to others, especially someone who's also exhibiting the same already.

Or if you instead meant to imply that Quinn falling in love with MC is actually in character for her then, I guess we'll just have to disagree on that.

Reactions: isotope

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
I thought we were trying to have a valid discussion, not attempt to discount arguments through logic fallacies.
But if you'd like to prove your point - feel free to explain how poor behavior can serve as a positive example to others, especially someone who's also exhibiting the same already.

Or if you instead meant to imply that Quinn falling in love with MC is actually in character for her then, I guess we'll just have to disagree on that.
I never once said poor behavior can serve as a positive example to others. The MC/Quinn relationship is complicated at best but I'll explain my points to you. Up until MC came to campus, Quinn was basically the outcast.. somebody that didn't fit in with the rich kids that surrounded her. Enter MC...somebody who's from the same side of the proverbial tracks as she is, only raised differently. She sees him and how he acts as an alternative. Sort of like a light in the darkness sense. That explains why Quinn was quasi apologetic for stealing his clothes... we all know Quinn doesn't apologize, but with MC... it's different. Why? Why does Quinn treat MC differently than she treats literally everyone else?

Reactions: ignorantCreator

kaloid01

Jan 25, 2020
I guess you mean the save file location. For all Ren'py games, it's in ~/Library/Renpy/(name of game).
Ah yes i mean save file, i found the library one and tried changing it with another one but when i open the game there is no save file. Is there a guide to change save files?

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I never once said poor behavior can serve as a positive example to others. The MC/Quinn relationship is complicated at best but I'll explain my points to you. Up until MC came to campus, Quinn was basically the outcast.. somebody that didn't fit in with the rich kids that surrounded her. Enter MC...somebody who's from the same side of the proverbial tracks as she is, only raised differently. She sees him and how he acts as an alternative. Sort of like a light in the darkness sense. That explains why Quinn was quasi apologetic for stealing his clothes... we all know Quinn doesn't apologize, but with MC... it's different. Why? Why does Quinn treat MC differently than she treats literally everyone else?
If she were a real person, I'd have said I don't know why. But she's a fictional character written by DPC with the intention of providing a specific plot point, which you're buying into. It is obvious that in-fiction she's changing because of MC and possibly 'falling for him'.
But I'm not arguing against what's happening, I'm saying that logically it doesn't make sense considering her character as someone who's only out for herself. Suspension of disbelief is broken for me. It wouldn't bother me if it was done realistically, but as it is it's very jarring and implausible.

kaloid01

Jan 25, 2020
Guys, so i get this save file from here and copied it and it worked, however why all of the gallery still locked? Is there a way to unlocked all the gallery with save files?

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Ah yes i mean save file, i found the library one and tried changing it with another one but when i open the game there is no save file. Is there a guide to change save files?
Just dropping a save file in the correct folder should be enough. Check the name of the save file. If for example, the name starts with 6, the save will show up in the game on page 6 of the save files.

kaloid01

Jan 25, 2020
Just dropping a save file in the correct folder should be enough. Check the name of the save file. If for example, the name starts with 6, the save will show up in the game on page 6 of the save files.
yes i found it, just wondering why my gallery still locked? I already played the game till episode 5 back then but now the gallery is empty. Please help, thanks.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
If she were a real person, I'd have said I don't know why. But she's a fictional character written by DPC with the intention of providing a specific plot point, which you're buying into. It is obvious that in-fiction she's changing because of MC and possibly 'falling for him'.
But I'm not arguing against what's happening, I'm saying that logically it doesn't make sense considering her character as someone who's only out for herself. Suspension of disbelief is broken for me. It wouldn't bother me if it was done realistically, but as it is it's very jarring and implausible.
That's....not....what I'm saying at all?
Yes I know it's fictional but her traits are based in reality. I know people just like Quinn in real life.
You're subscribed to the fact that DPC wrote Quinn as a one dimensional character. That's not the case, if you look at every other character in game, you'll see that they all have layers. In the beginning, Quinn may have only been out for herself but that's not who she's becoming. The little interactions between her and MC...or even her and Tommy, you can see the emotion in them. If she was only out for herself, she wouldn't give two shits about what people thought about her.
I think you just see through the lens of black and white and "QUINN BAD! QUINN NOT GOOD!" so you refuse to see any validity in my points.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Reactions: kaloid01

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
That's....not....what I'm saying at all?
Yes I know it's fictional but her traits are based in reality. I know people just like Quinn in real life.
You're subscribed to the fact that DPC wrote Quinn as a one dimensional character. That's not the case, if you look at every other character in game, you'll see that they all have layers. In the beginning, Quinn may have only been out for herself but that's not who she's becoming. The little interactions between her and MC...or even her and Tommy, you can see the emotion in them. If she was only out for herself, she wouldn't give two shits about what people thought about her.
I think you just see through the lens of black and white and "QUINN BAD! QUINN NOT GOOD!" so you refuse to see any validity in my points.
Well, it sounds like your personal feelings are what's driving you to defend her here, exactly because you know people like her in real life. I certainly hope you're not making excuses for them as well though, because those kinds of people hurt others for real, not in a fictional setting.

I personally don't subscribe to the reasoning that good traits can excuse having a horrible side. If a world renown surgeon saves thousands of lives in his job, but turns out to be a pedophile and child rapist, does that make him a good person ? It is an extreme example, not meant to be a complete parallel, but Quinn is doing harm one way or another.
There's a saying that every villain is the hero of their own story, and while she may not be on the extreme end of things, she's definitely not a good person. Everyone has an excuse or reasons for their behavior, but a line has to be drawn somewhere as to what's acceptable and what's not.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes