ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
He must not have had a vacation for a long time. He really wanted to finish EP7.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Still Strange. The episode had 2 week test phase, nobody noticed?:unsure: He has shitty testers:ROFLMAO:. Although I can't judge, I would probably not pay attention to a detail like this either. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

zizo10z

Feb 23, 2021
Nicloe's son is a little young. I don't think Neil is the father. Furthermore, Tommy is probably not the brother of the MC, because Josy would then be his half-stepsister.

You don't have to be convinced by any of my theories. Just form your own opinion about it.:rolleyes:
I don't mean that I don't believe in your theories, but we just talk and pass on ideas
I'm the only one who was defending your theories because they are close to the things I'm thinking of too

And why not they are not siblings, and here is the surprise, as I said earlier, we should expect anything from the DPC

Because since the beginning of the game MC and Josy do not have a family relationship, they are from completely different parents

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't mean that I don't believe in your theories, but we just talk and pass on ideas
I'm the only one who was defending your theories because they are close to the things I'm thinking of too

And why not they are not siblings, and here is the surprise, as I said earlier, we should expect anything from the DPC

Because since the beginning of the game MC and Josy do not have a family relationship, they are from completely different parents
But Tommy is the stepbrother of Josy. If the MC would now be the brother of Tommy, a family relationship between Josy and the MC would automatically arise. This could cause legal problems in some countries because of incest. You should consider that DPC also sells the game on Steam.

Reactions: vireker and zizo10z

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Still Strange. The episode had 2 week test phase, nobody noticed?:unsure: He has shitty testers:ROFLMAO:. Although I can't judge, I would probably not pay attention to a detail like this either. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Never worked in actual s/w testing, have you? :ROFLMAO:

In games like these, the focus of the test phase is whether the game code logic (note that's very different from the story logic) works as intended, not whether something minor is missing in a picture.

Besides, if testing always catches all defects, there will not ever be this little thing call a "patch" that we all know exists.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

zizo10z

Feb 23, 2021
But Tommy is the stepbrother of Josy. If the MC would now be the brother of Tommy, a family relationship between Josy and the MC would automatically arise. This could cause legal problems in some countries because of incest. You should consider that DPC also sells the game on Steam.
A point of view that I respect too, but the great closeness between them in the face made me say that
I don't think that the DPC is weak or beginner that he doesn't know how to design two faces of the main characters different from each other because if Tommy was a secondary person who only appears in one or two scenes, I would say OK, but he is a main character and there is also a similarity in the face between Derek and John Boy But John Boy only changed his body, he became a little fat, and if his hair changed, it became yellow, but John Boy is a minor character that only appears in one or two scenes, and the dialogues with him are of no real importance

It's confusing of course but I'll keep thinking he's Tommy's brother until something else happens

Reactions: dalli_x

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Tybalt is smarter than people give him credit for. I think he's aware just how popular the MC is with the women on campus and although he clearly has an unhealthy obsession with Jill he recognizes that Jill is attracted to the MC and by forbidding her from seeing him he significantly increases the likelihood that the MC turns his attention elsewhere.

Less than 2 months have passed in-universe and now the MC has to either somersault through flaming hoops to see Jill or they just go no contact for a month when they've hardly even known each other for a month.

In a realistic scenario when you consider the massive amount of pussy being thrown the MC's way the relationship between those two would be over, to speak nothing of the drastic mismatch in sexual experience which I feel is understated. While MC is working overtime to maintain his relationship with Jill he's continuing to see the other LIs unrestricted and grow those relationships organically while his relationship with Jill is basically on pause.

Schrodingers window
I like thish guy.png

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
character can evolve, at least that's what I expecting and hoping . Once you enter the relationship with Josy, having Dik affinity at least not affect her RP point in negative way. I don't know how I would feel about it if 4 out of 5 main love interest would be affiliated with Chick/Neutral, and only one would be allowed as Dik:unsure:. Regardless of the side girls, it is a bad design, no matter of how many side girl are.
;)
Screenshot 2021-07-02 120040.png

Lewdpussydick

Jul 1, 2019

DPC will never do incest, I think I read it in his Q&A.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It almost sounds like this is a point of no return with Jill, don't go on the picnic and it jeopardises the entire relationship. :eek:

Still, the fact that you can shun Sage for the entire game then go ballistic on her ass (in a good way) in episode 7 means there's hope for all the relationships to be rekindled at some point (we're not on the home stretch yet and the mc's only been at college for what, like a month?)

DPC's definitely taking a unique step here where seemingly lost relationships (M&J, Sage) can be rekindled later on (I'm speculating about the M&J, but it does feel like a couple relationship can be forged with one or the other eventually). I wonder if that luxury will be applied to all characters or if it's just to be chalked up to the randomness of life. :unsure:
I like the idea of being able to get a girl even after you missed an initial opportunity, at least in theory. But in practice, the way it was handled with Sage was disappointing. As everyone has noted, it makes no sense that a guy who'd turned her down multiple times would get the exact same sex scene as a guy who'd been fooling around with since Episode 2.

Giving girls multiple pathing opportunities only works if you can afford to flesh out those sub-paths in distinct ways. I think that might be more work than is feasible. Which makes me worry that missing Jill now is just going to lead to a confusing conflation of her sub-paths down the line. I could be jumping at shadows, but Sage was one of the few really false notes in Episode 7 so it's hard to ignore this concern right now.

Did MC ever mention Sage by name when telling Jill he is taking care of a sick friend? Again, lost all saves so no way to check, but I think he just said "she." How does Jill know who it is (enough to warrant jealousy)? If MC doesn't name Sage, then as far as Jill is concerned, it could be any unsightly female. It could be Wendy, or Ida, or the old lady in the senior center. I guess Jill imagines it to be the hottest woman on campus. Strange that Josy and her perfect ass had no such effect on Jill when she found out MC had a romantic history with her.
I'd say it works the other way around. As soon as she learns the sick friend is female, Jill assumes the worst: it's an attractive, sexually experienced romantic rival. As it turns out, Jill is potentially correct, but more by coincidence than insight.

Jill was able to handle the initial Josy revelation more easily because in that case the MC was on a date with Jill, one he asked for. It's a lot easier to cope with a rival that the object of your affection is griping about during a date with you, right? Whereas in Sage's case, the MC is avoiding a date Jill wants to spend time with someone else. That's a far more serious threat... assuming you ignore how reasonable an excuse "I promised to help a sick friend today, when else are you free?" is.

It's surprising that people would say BaDIK's writing is the worst around. As good as the visuals are, I think the strong point is the writing. Although this game dropped out of my number 1 slot after ep. 7, I think anyone being objectively honest would have to agree that this AVN is an achievement and one of the best if not the best on the site. It's still the gold standard. The renders are excellent, the animations are very good and getting better, the story is interesting, and the characters are memorable. I personally don't like DPC's style of punishment for not taking the exact course he wants you to (while retconing established character logic patterns), but that doesn't mean the game isn't good. Logic issues aside, where the game really shines is the dialogue. A mark of a good writer is the ability to make each character sound unique. If you remove the visuals from this game (horrible to say I know), you would still be able to tell who is speaking.
I think some people mistake the quality of the writing for the tone and subject matter. BaDIK is meant to mirror goofy college movies rather than be a that is more interested in character work than mimicking real world details. There's a lot of attention to detail, but only certain types of detail; other types (for example, financial logic) are not meant to be taken too seriously. That's how I see it, anyway.

I've mostly been working on animations this week, and I managed to build a decent render queue that will last a while.

In the past, I usually produced animations with a 1-2 second length as a standard. These days approximately 75% of the animations are at least 4 seconds long, all thanks to the upgraded hardware that you've helped me acquire.

So far, I have started working on and/or completed work on 9 lewd events. Episode 8 will have plenty of lewd scenes but also a lot of story content.

Next week I will be working on static renders and likely continue to write. I have a few new environments that I need to design that I look forward to.

We will kick off July with the poll that many consider the best one, "Special renders - Main girls". The winner of this poll will get a special render set in episode 8. A reminder for this poll is that it's been redesigned to make the game content more balanced. Sign up as a $10 patron to participate.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Another week without comparable numbers. :cry:

I'm not surprised DPC is going for longer animations given how fast his new setup seems to handle the short ones. But it's hard to verify he's got a steady queue going when we only have a handful of datapoints over two months.

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
But Sage was never meant to be a massive dik li that could very well be Quinn later on, not as a LI but rather an antagonist because I don't think massive dik mc is a protagonist anyway. When every LI leaves us, all that's left will be quinn and dpc is projecting it that way with how frequenct and intimate scens mc has with her.
That's a really interesting way of looking at it - a massive DIK MC actually being an antagonist, and Quinn being the natural fit for him. The talk among Quinn fans is often about saving her in some way, but I'd be really up for a path that saw the two of them become partners in crime. Whether DPC's overall story structure would accommodate the amount of branching required to have a full on "Dark MC" on the one hand, and an ice cream party with Jill MC on the other, seems unlikely though.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes