ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that Cypron Loras and Hurensohn Heigl should get room? :ROFLMAO:
No, I like to watch. :p

My point was that I don't think any sort of bad end for them is an inevitability. All signs to this point suggest that DPC has learned his lesson about horrendous railroading.
I don't think DPC regrets the ending of AL at all; besides bringing him to widespread fame, it's clearly the ending to the story he wanted. If he wants another tragedy, all the internet sturm und drang in the world won't save Maya and Josy.

I don't think he's going to do the same thing with them because I think he intends to do something different with this game as a whole. But I sure as hell won't stop worrying about it until the game is finished, and that still won't ensure M&J get a happy thouple ending.

But my point was that AL's ending is better than most if not the best of all completed AVN's. It shows DPC's real writing skills, in the fact that not every great ending needs to be a happily ever after ending. It is really well thought that made fans like me cry, like literally cry, which doesn't happen as much.
But I can't agree with this, either. AL spent 6 episodes letting us make choices, but the last 2 reveal those choices were purely cosmetic. The important decisions were being made offscreen by a minor character for reasons barely even hinted at prior to the final sequence. We then spend the final act watching the MC struggle to recover from the choices of this minor character with precious little input from us.

Personally, I'm a sucker for a happy ending so I doubt AL would ever have been my favorite game. But there were absolutely better ways to have a tragic twist that integrated our choices before and after rather than discarding most of those choices and putting us on rails for the rest of the run.

I sincerely hope that is the lesson DPC will apply to BaDIK when the time finally comes. Though I certainly wouldn't mind letting us get happy endings for all unchosen the girls, too.

Don't worry, she's in the episode. ;)

View attachment 1438505
Well well well. Looks like we've come full circle: an awkward probably-a-date with Bella at long last!

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
She would never do that!!! :mad:

That would be a waste of kitten-furs and Bella hates wasting valuable resources. :LOL:
But it's a win-win. If James is successful then the kittens are saved. If James is not successful then at least Bella is rid of a loser husband and no strong evidence tying her to the murder crime "accident" remains! (y)
The black widow is free to lure in another mate.

Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
No, I like to watch. :p

I don't think DPC regrets the ending of AL at all; besides bringing him to widespread fame, it's clearly the ending to the story he wanted. If he wants another tragedy, all the internet sturm und drang in the world won't save Maya and Josy.

I don't think he's going to do the same thing with them because I think he intends to do something different with this game as a whole. But I sure as hell won't stop worrying about it until the game is finished, and that still won't ensure M&J get a happy thouple ending.

But I can't agree with this, either. AL spent 6 episodes letting us make choices, but the last 2 reveal those choices were purely cosmetic. The important decisions were being made offscreen by a minor character for reasons barely even hinted at prior to the final sequence. We then spend the final act watching the MC struggle to recover from the choices of this minor character with precious little input from us.

Personally, I'm a sucker for a happy ending so I doubt AL would ever have been my favorite game. But there were absolutely better ways to have a tragic twist that integrated our choices before and after rather than discarding most of those choices and putting us on rails for the rest of the run.

I sincerely hope that is the lesson DPC will apply to BaDIK when the time finally comes. Though I certainly wouldn't mind letting us get happy endings for all unchosen the girls, too.

Well well well. Looks like we've come full circle: an awkward probably-a-date with Bella at long last!
Uhm, you can't control everything that goes through in life even if you make all of the best choices in your life, like in AL, the MC can't change the fact that he attracted an obsessive psychopathic person when he made his dick wet. In life even if you make the best decision, you don't totally control everything around you because people around you makes choices of their own too. You can do the best things, then one day a jealous peer/coworker/neighbor shoot you. And that's what happened in AL.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Well one thing is clear...James wasn't up to the task. What the hell did she see in that douchebag anyway?
Maybe he could not stand anymore to be a cuck, so he disapeared and now Bella feels some culpability for having destroyed her marriage by going too far.
That would explain her reluctance to get another man in her life. She cheated and lost him, he had enough to have to clean up the cum other men filled her with like a good cuckhold boy!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Uhm, you can't control everything that goes through in life even if you make all of the best choices in your life, like in AL, the MC can't change the fact that he attracted an obsessive psychopathic person when he made his dick wet. In life even if you make the best decision, you don't totally control everything around you because people around you makes choices of their own too. You can do the best things, then one day a jealous peer/coworker/neighbor shoot you. And that's what happened in AL.
Sure, but that's what makes it a mediocre game. The fact that anything COULD happen doesn't justify any random thing that happens. Real life may be a chaotic mess, but the art of storytelling is to pull order out of that chaos. That's the difference between telling a story and just relating a bunch of things that happened. AL did the latter, IMHO.

I've defended the way Bella's path ends if she finds Cathy's panties, because while that particular outcome was unexpected, to me it's logical that Bella would see that particular act as indicative of the MC not taking her relationship seriously. I'd be a lot less tolerant if Bella called it off because she learned the MC offered to help Maya... much less if KRJ just killed Bella because Quinn's off-brand drugs gave her a bad trip.

Besides, it's still a bait and switch. AL wasn't portrayed as a game about how our choices are inconsequential in the face of an uncaring random universe, yet that's largely what it becomes. The focus of the final quarter of the game isn't on the MC putting his life back together, it's wallowing in how miserable his life is in the wake of the infamous fire. Any healing is secondary and out of our control.

Frankly, I think it's rather shameless the way AL uses the death of Meghan/Melissa as a crutch to cover for the barebones conclusion. If it worked for you, that's fine. But it definitely did not work for me, even as a deliberately bittersweet ending.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I'm with you about this.
In fact in almost all theses games the choices that we make don't have a lot of consequences, the reason is simple, the complexity that would result from those multiples choices would mean that the dev would need to make multiple games and that each render would need many variants.
That means a huge amount of work that only a pro developer with many employees would be able to achive.
So yes we have a lot of choices but most of the time they are not relevant or are used for a short time in the story.
That's the same with points and statistics, they are rarely used and even never sometimes.
Often we get multiple endings that are triggered right in the end.
Some games offer multiple path, but when you try them you notice that just a few scenes are changed or missing.

I BAD we already have noticed that the point system is mostly not used but it's just a little action like the panty in the glovebox or maybe the dick pic in the phone that trigger a path ending.
So DPC has setup a bunch of traps of that kind which seem funny or not relevant but which will prevail on any choices you could have done.

oceanskie

May 30, 2020
I think the woman in the background will be jill and the mc and bella are there to make sure tybalt doesnt try anything , while they can have their date without jill being suspicious of their relationship .
Pretty sure that's just restaurant background person. I would expect Jill to wear something classy/lady-like for dinner dates, regardless whom she's with.

LucasLeels

Dec 3, 2018
DPC should focus on adding more fetishes. Like Futa, bestiality or NTR. Make it an option for the player and this game would be perfect. For now everything is really vanilla.
I think by not adding things like NTR DPC is really limiting his game. They could be used for interesting stories.
Maybe Sage could find out that she likes dogs. There are so many options.
good joke :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only thing I'm a fan of what you said is beast, but I don't want it added and the game doesn't need that shit to be perfect, it's already perfect.

And the DPC isn't limiting his game, he would be limiting if he added this 3-letter crap, which would end the game, not to mention he would lose most of his subscribers.

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
What if Tybalt picked "dinner at fancy restaurant" for third and final date and that preview is Bella and Ass Man trying to ruin Tybalt's plan. Later that night the blackmail arc is concluded (my guess is similar with popular opinion here, which is counter blackmail) and after that MC must choose whether to take Bella home for some pussy rust removal or to bring Jill to the DIK mansion for some good ol fashioned deflowering and that choice will forever close one of their route, in true spirit of the episode's title: Crossroads.

Surely DPC can't be that cruel right? :KEK:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I BAD we already have noticed that the point system is mostly not used but it's just a little action like the panty in the glovebox or maybe the dick pic in the phone that trigger a path ending.
So DPC has setup a bunch of traps of that kind which seem funny or not relevant but which will prevail on any choices you could have done.
our choices, even the seemingly risky ones (having sex on the roof with Quinn, frolicking with Josy in the garden of HOTs....), count for little or nothing

the choices that DPC decides are important become so at any cost (Cathe who, in order to give a blowjob, feels the need to take off her panties, Tybatl or whoever, who, in order to make a presentation, inserts all the photos he has in his cell phone...)

no control means no responsibility

What if Tybalt picked "dinner at fancy restaurant" for third and final date and that preview is Bella and Ass Man trying to ruin Tybalt's plan. Later that night the blackmail arc is concluded (my guess is similar with popular opinion here, which is counter blackmail) and after that MC must choose whether to take Bella home for some pussy rust removal or to bring Jill to the DIK mansion for some good ol fashioned deflowering and that choice will forever close one of their route, in true spirit of the episode's title: Crossroads.

Surely DPC can't be that cruel right? :KEK:
a cruelty agirable with 2 saves.... and in the end if there is a polyamorous relationship to avoid is just Bella + Jill

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Sure, but that's what makes it a mediocre game. The fact that anything COULD happen doesn't justify any random thing that happens. Real life may be a chaotic mess, but the art of storytelling is to pull order out of that chaos. That's the difference between telling a story and just relating a bunch of things that happened. AL did the latter, IMHO.

I've defended the way Bella's path ends if she finds Cathy's panties, because while that particular outcome was unexpected, to me it's logical that Bella would see that particular act as indicative of the MC not taking her relationship seriously. I'd be a lot less tolerant if Bella called it off because she learned the MC offered to help Maya... much less if KRJ just killed Bella because Quinn's off-brand drugs gave her a bad trip.

Besides, it's still a bait and switch. AL wasn't portrayed as a game about how our choices are inconsequential in the face of an uncaring random universe, yet that's largely what it becomes. The focus of the final quarter of the game isn't on the MC putting his life back together, it's wallowing in how miserable his life is in the wake of the infamous fire. Any healing is secondary and out of our control.

Frankly, I think it's rather shameless the way AL uses the death of Meghan/Melissa as a crutch to cover for the barebones conclusion. If it worked for you, that's fine. But it definitely did not work for me, even as a deliberately bittersweet ending.
Such tragic endings like murder or burning down a house are more typical for anime than for a serious work. In anime, heroines often kill their lovers. But this happens because emotions are constantly hypertrophied in anime, turning stylization into kitsch. For me, the cause is important, not the effect. The reason for the act is that the heroine is a psychopath, it seems unconvincing to me. And a bad ending for the sake of a bad ending.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
No matter what happens in the game if she ends with the mc or not, she deserves to be happy.
View attachment 1439425
I think if Riona comes to her senses and leaves Hots, she will have a happy future. DPC brings Riona and MC together. With each episode we learn more about her. First MС will help her with the stalker, then he will be her personal teacher for math lessons and she will be able to move on without control from Quinn.
Although I hope that there may be a hidden dik ending where MС will stay with the girls from Hots if he fails with her main love interests. And will have a personal harem.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
And will have a personal harem.
I'm pretty sure that's wishful thinking. Even if DPC steers clear of contrived drama barbecue-style, I doubt he's going for that kind of thing. Having a relationship with Josy/Maya actually work out is probably as good as it's going to get in that regard.

That said, it would be nice to have some endings that account for the side characters, even if they aren't particularly fleshed out.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes