shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Sure, but that's what makes it a mediocre game. The fact that anything COULD happen doesn't justify any random thing that happens. Real life may be a chaotic mess, but the art of storytelling is to pull order out of that chaos. That's the difference between telling a story and just relating a bunch of things that happened. AL did the latter, IMHO.

I've defended the way Bella's path ends if she finds Cathy's panties, because while that particular outcome was unexpected, to me it's logical that Bella would see that particular act as indicative of the MC not taking her relationship seriously. I'd be a lot less tolerant if Bella called it off because she learned the MC offered to help Maya... much less if KRJ just killed Bella because Quinn's off-brand drugs gave her a bad trip.

Besides, it's still a bait and switch. AL wasn't portrayed as a game about how our choices are inconsequential in the face of an uncaring random universe, yet that's largely what it becomes. The focus of the final quarter of the game isn't on the MC putting his life back together, it's wallowing in how miserable his life is in the wake of the infamous fire. Any healing is secondary and out of our control.

Frankly, I think it's rather shameless the way AL uses the death of Meghan/Melissa as a crutch to cover for the barebones conclusion. If it worked for you, that's fine. But it definitely did not work for me, even as a deliberately bittersweet ending.
It seems the more a game or show shocks, the greater the critical acclaim. AL's scene was shocking to anyone who didn't see it coming and it had the intended effect, it's still heralded by many to be the greatest AVN ever.

Like "The Usual Suspects", "Sixth Sense", "Fight Club" and so on, if you didn't see the twist, it blew you away. Luna's backstory in The Deluca Family is the only reason that game stands out in my mind (although that wasn't a twist, but it was truly harrowing).

I still maintain that there were clues to AL's antagonist's personality very early on, although I didn't expect such an outcome and had pretty much forgotten about them when it all went down.

The sad thing for me when playing AL was that I focused only on one LI (Meaghan) for the first (and only) play through, so when the ultimate choice came, I literally didn't have a choice, there was only one name specified for me to click on, so I was robbed of that gut wrenching decision, and any subsequent playthroughs wouldn't have resulted in the same impact since I would have known what was coming.

I'm sure the game would have had a much bigger impact on me if I was given that dreadful choice, but in the end I didn't like it for pretty much the same reasons as ename144 states above, and the mc's behaviour was even more ridiculous given the girl who died wasn't even an active love interest in my play through. I also found the ~20 year age gap too creepy for my liking.

The ultimate fallout from AL is that heaps of people are bracing themselves for some equally gruelling experience to occur in BaDIK, but such a future event has already lost its impact due to everyone's expectations. DPC would be a fool if he repeated a similar veined predicament as it most definitely would not be received well by anyone.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Anyone else crashing when in the start of episode 7 where Josy asks 'Where do I go?' Any work arounds?
It's not a crash, it's a deliberate exit. The game knows you cheated. If it detects that you cheated, it exits at that point without telling you why. Go ahead and install the mod for the game to get past that point, or start over from the beginning and play pure.

Do any of you happen to have a folder with wallpapers from the game?
A few in fact. Main game images, posted previews and teasers, and fan art.

Reactions: kazaf and PREGCHAD

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I hope you didn't had a panty issue with Bella my friend :ROFLMAO:
And fo those who found funny to put a dick pic in Tybalt phone it could be the same for Jill!:(

I guess Bella will be a freak, she already said that she doubt you could handle her.
So when she will show up with a huge strapon and an evil grin, either you will jump through the window or you will beg for lube!

And about Jill she will be the perfect wife in the future when the MC will be sick and tired to play with little girls, so no rush.

But for the moment i will definitely go for Quinn, the most interesting character.
In the future, while on the Quinn path, MC will ask Quinn to go out on a date. It will totally break her bully mindset. She will go all mushy, and see a future with MC, a house with a picket fence, 2 kids, a dog, and.... a meth lab out back. What a girl. :ROFLMAO:

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
It's funny, I always thought Cathy would be the dominatrix with the bad dragon strapon, but now I think you may be on to something and Bella could be the one.
To be fair there are multiple things that hint to this.
Her facial expression that is always grumpy and dominant.
There's that room in her house that's locked and is probably full of chains, whips and zip-ties.
Also back in episode 2 or 3 (I don't exactly remember) there was a scene with sexual tension between the MC and Bella. At that point MC had a line of "thoughts" that said something to the extent of "if I knew back then what I know now I would have probably ran away". That line always stuck with me even as I was fooling around with Bella on some occasions, just because there wasn't a "prophetic" line like that before and none after that, so it was probably important.
So she's either a psychotic serial killer or has other very undesireable qualities.
I was almost relieved when the panty incident happened because while it was really out of the blue with no warning and therefore I would consider it kind of bad writing, I could finally stop thinking about it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The sad thing for me when playing AL was that I focused only on one LI (Meaghan) for the first (and only) play through, so when the ultimate choice came, I literally didn't have a choice, there was only one name specified for me to click on, so I was robbed of that gut wrenching decision, and any subsequent playthroughs wouldn't have resulted in the same impact since I would have known what was coming.

I'm sure the game would have had a much bigger impact on me if I was given that dreadful choice, but in the end I didn't like it for pretty much the same reasons as ename144 states above, and the mc's behaviour was even more ridiculous given the girl who died wasn't even an active love interest in my play through. I also found the ~20 year age gap too creepy for my liking.
I don't really understand the distinction... in the end the difference is only the age of the protagonist, because moments in which we are forced to moments of mental confusion, completely independent from our direct and indirect choices are not lacking even in BADIK (a boy who has always been bullied and thinks about dropping out of school because his roommate doesn't give him a cuddle, then he runs away in the middle of the night when faced with sentimental difficulties, suddenly he realizes that it's not okay for him to be fuckbuddy... etc etc)

you're right, definitely, it's alienating the whole post-fire AL part if you didn't care about the one left to burn, but I don't think the fourth chapter of BADIK for those not interested in Maya and Josy was all that much better an experience, all that much more engaging...

the big move, the big change in DPC is simply having rejuvenated the MC so that any excess is justified anyway?

The ultimate fallout from AL is that heaps of people are bracing themselves for some equally gruelling experience to occur in BaDIK, but such a future event has already lost its impact due to everyone's expectations. DPC would be a fool if he repeated a similar veined predicament as it most definitely would not be received well by anyone.
this is what we all hope, but on Quinn, Riona (but also Bella and in part the trouple) the omens are not very happy, that cocaine will end up somewhere

and DPC with these fan expectations plays a lot with it, I don't think the axe in Bella's garage is random....

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017

Don't worry, she's in the episode. ;)

View attachment 1438505
I know she looks unamused here, but they ran out of bread sticks. :mad: Is that the bill to her right or the menu? Oh please don't let Fuckface make a rookie mistake by not paying. Still, she looks gorgeous as usual. My zipper is melting here and not just because of her laser eyes.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I know she looks unamused
The sentence could end there and still be 100% accurate, always, all the time.
" Wanna cut loose? Visit the Moose! Join us for some at the DIKs' mansion. Ask for the former supply closet. Today's special: John Boy's scones. Fresh from yesterday!"

View attachment 1439696
They really had to put in that tiny moose dick.

• Haha
Reactions: openup212

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
" Wanna cut loose? Visit the Moose! Join us for some at the DIKs' mansion. Ask for the former supply closet. Today's special: John Boy's scones. Fresh from yesterday!"

View attachment 1439696
Second Rooster teaser, which give a ratio of a twitt each 3 days as now; meaning we have the tendency of the earliest episodes, meaning a release could be between 3 to 5 weeks. Mid-End October. I'm still confident for the Halloween release.

EpisodeNb of Roosterprior ReleaseRatio______________________
EP3725 days (≈3 weeks)3.6
EP4834 days (≈5 weeks)4.3
EP5899 days (≈14 weeks)12.4
EP6895 days (≈13 weeks)11.9
EP71182 days (≈12 weeks)7.5
EP82in development3

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes