EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
Making most of the characters somehow intertwined to each other feels... cheap? to me.
It's a contrivance. And while some degree of that is often necessary in a narrative, too much of it is poor writing and is distracting to the reader. It's a pretty common trap for game narratives to fall into though unfortunately.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm gonna be real fellas, I'm getting pretty tired of "turns out this character is related/has something to do with this other character!" trope/plot development in BaDIK. I groaned at the possibility of Sage being a Burke because it will make BnR such a "cheap" college. Maybe it's the point, I don't know. Making most of the characters somehow intertwined to each other feels... cheap? to me.
Cheap, lazy and almost useless

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
It's a contrivance. And while some degree of that is often necessary in a narrative, too much of it is poor writing and is distracting to the reader. It's a pretty common trap for game narratives to fall into though unfortunately.
Every game needs to be the next game of thrones these days

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
It is a college that apparently is not difficult to enter lol Literally in my college they will expelled if you failed half of your enrolled classes something difficult to do but for a person who is not going to study or is lazy it could be achieved by many characters of this game they would not have entered there in the first place

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
so far none of the
I'm gonna be real fellas, I'm getting pretty tired of "turns out this character is related/has something to do with this other character!" trope/plot development in BaDIK. I groaned at the possibility of Sage being a Burke because it will make BnR such a "cheap" college. Maybe it's the point, I don't know. Making most of the characters somehow intertwined to each other feels... cheap? to me.
Cheap, lazy and almost useless
Every game needs to be the next game of thrones these days
At first I thought you were talking about the ridiculous theories that are constantly being bandied about here, but then I realised you were talking about the game itself. I don't see the big deal.

Siblings often go the same colleges, so it's no big deal that Maya and Derek are there, nor Josy and Tommy. Sure it was a surprise to find out the asshole DIK father is Josy's step-brother, but it's not ridiculous or anything.

Jade being married to Stephen was disclosed early on, and their marital issues are part of the plot.

Tybalt being the son of the schools rich benefactors is no big deal, if anything it just enhances the flavor when fucking Jade's brains out. And it wasn't some big reveal, it just was.

In my various schooling (primary school, high school and university), some of my friends were the kids of some of my teachers, or a nephew or niece. Shit like that happens. There were siblings all over the place. I wasn't fucking any of the teachers though...

So far, no one at the school is related to the mc in spite of all the theories, so which family relationships seem contrived?

I think it's the utterly baseless theories that are tiresome, not the game's actual relationships.

Even the Sage/Burke theory is just a theory (and pretty far fetched). It's pretty obvious who her dad is, it's the red headed man-bun guy that was looking for her at the preps party, not Stephen Burke.

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
so far none of the

At first I thought you were talking about the ridiculous theories that are constantly being bandied about here, but then I realised you were talking about the game itself. I don't see the big deal.

Siblings often go the same colleges, so it's no big deal that Maya and Derek are there, nor Josy and Tommy. Sure it was a surprise to find out the asshole DIK father is Josy's step-brother, but it's not ridiculous or anything.

Jade being married to Stephen was disclosed early on, and their marital issues are part of the plot.

Tybalt being the son of the schools rich benefactors is no big deal, if anything it just enhances the flavor when fucking Jade's brains out. And it wasn't some big reveal, it just was.

In my various schooling (primary school, high school and university), some of my friends were the kids of some of my teachers, or a nephew or niece. Shit like that happens. There were siblings all over the place. I wasn't fucking any of the teachers though...

So far, no one at the school is related to the mc in spite of all the theories, which family relationships seem contrived?

I think it's the utterly baseless theories that are tiresome, not the game's actual relationships.
Yeah, big part of my post is about theories. I don't get the obsession about making characters related to each others altough DPC himself isn't exactly innocent. I think ending two episodes with big reveal that they are gay couples a bit too much. Most of the times it's about the revelation, like I love how Jill being a Royce is just casually mentioned on Episode 5 flashback. More of that and less of WOW BIG SHOCKER REVEALATION please, save it for actual big surprises

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Yeah, big part of my post is about theories. I don't get the obsession about making characters related to each others altough DPC himself isn't exactly innocent. I think ending two episodes with big reveal that they are gay couples a bit too much. Most of the times it's about the revelation, like I love how Jill being a Royce is just casually mentioned on Episode 5 flashback. More of that and less of WOW BIG SHOCKER REVEALATION please, save it for actual big surprises
Theories are fun. Especially when the update comes out 2 times a year. I wonder if we will guess something either from the semi-annual theories. And in general, have you guessed at least once?

Reactions: shazba and dalli_x

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I definitely got caught out with Maya and Josy, but the Chad/Troy things was more of a case of just hurry up and get them out of the closet, pretty much everyone here knew.

The only thing with Sage is when Jacob cockblocks the mc when he's about to fuck Sage in front of everyone, Jacob says:

Jacob: "For one, it will reach Chad before sunrise."​
Jacob: "And secondly, it will reach-"​

And it's that second line that's got minds reeling.

But it's pretty much just Dalli making out that everyone knew everyone before. The rest of us are just worried about Riona dying. :eek:

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
Theories are fun. Especially when the update comes out 2 times a year. I wonder if we will guess something either from the semi-annual theories. And in general, have you guessed at least once?
I only started regularly posting here since March 2021 but I remember some people correctly guessed Chad/Troy, Josy/Maya & Jill being a Royce. Altough there are many crazy theories that is now obsolete & proven wrong (anyone remember Jacob x Josy? lmao)

Last edited:

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Lads are we over-analyzing Quinn scenes? Strap in :KEK:

The 8 ball is very interesting in the context of the rain scene for a couple reasons. The rain scene itself is maybe the most important Quinn scene in the game so far, if there ever is a Quinn LI path then I'd consider the rain scene to be the actual start of it. So nothing in this scene can be overlooked as far as symbolism and foreshadowing of Quinn's story and character go.

Now when Quinn is left alone at the start of the scene, she kneels down and takes the 8 ball out of a box. We see similar boxes being used when the MC is cleaning up the junk in the room, so I'm pretty sure the 8 ball isn't MC's personal property. We know that the room was previously Vinny's, and we also know from the story and from screenshots posted in this thread that Quinn knew Vinny.

Did the 8 ball belong to Vinny because it was in the room? I think that's very likely, unless the 8 ball belongs to the MC and I missed that.

Assuming the 8 ball is Vinny's, did Quinn recognize the 8 ball as belonging to Vinny, just like she did the room, and pick it up for that reason? Maybe. If Quinn has seen or used the 8 ball in the past, it could be somehow related to her relationship with Vinny that we'll receive information of in the future. For now all I can say is that if the 8 ball is Vinny's, then it's possible that Quinn recognized it because of her connection to Vinny and the message that appeared has some significance between them. As a wild example, maybe at some point in the past Quinn was in Vinny's room and asked the 8 ball about something important to her at the time. Seeing the same 'don't count on it' message reminds Quinn that nothing has really changed and she's still on her shit trajectory and she drops it back into the box.

Again, this is wild speculation based on not much but what else are we here for than to be wrong about all our predictions :HideThePain:

Now with all that aside, let's consider the significance of the 'don't count on it' answer.

When Quinn picks up the 8 ball, the 'don't count on it' message fades in. We don't actually know if she asked the 8 ball a specific question, or if she shook it at all, so the significance of the 8 ball's answer to Quinn and how she took it could mean anything. But it's pretty clear from the context of the scene that this is being shown for a reason, because the scene is so important to Quinn's character, so it's unlikely it was thrown in there for no reason. That's purely meta knowledge of the narrative though, so it's more interesting to analyze the mood of the scene and characters to see if there's something there to be gleaned about Quinn.

Quinn had just been robbed, beaten up, and was in deep shit for losing the drugs. As the MC says, in that moment, Quinn looks 'defeated'. So if she did ask the 8 ball a question, it was probably something along the lines of 'could this shitty day get any worse?' The answer is pretty predictable to that. I think it's telling that when she sees the 'don't count on it' answer, she doesn't set the ball back down, she just drops it into the box, like she already knew the answer and didn't care anymore.

But it doesn't actually matter if Quinn asked the 8 ball a specific question. The mere fact that the answer came up negative, like everything else in her life, is enough to convey the themes of Quinn's character in the scene.

Don't count on it. Don't count on anything. Don't count on anyone. That's exactly Quinn's philosophy, like Pendrell mentioned. Quinn has never had anything or anyone to count on in her life. She comes from a broken home full of drugs and abuse, she learned how to use others and be used by them, she doesn't expect any different even from her 'friends'. Then, in the rain scene, the MC does something selfless for her, without expecting anything in return, and she doesn't understand it. She's even hostile to it. She expects, and forces, every relationship and friendship she has to be transactional. Every favor, transactional. Every sexual act, transactional. Now that we're seeing that line of thinking being broken as the MC and Quinn get closer, with Quinn actively doing and allowing things (kissing, blowjobs, etc.) that she usually doesn't do, not for her own gain but to make someone else happy, she's starting to develop doubts about her philosophy and the things she's doing. We can see this in the final slides of the episode where Quinn looks up at the coke if you're on her 'path'.

So tl;dr on the 8 ball question, I don't think the 'don't count on it' answer is necessarily a self-contained hidden message or clue, unless it's somehow related to Vinny. I think Quinn's interaction with the 8 ball is part of the wider themes at play in the rain scene, with 'don't count on it' establishing the fact that Quinn has a particular way of seeing things, that the MC ultimately challenges by being someone she can actually count on.
I actually covered this here. Considering the situation painted.......
Quinn: can I keep these feelings buried and go back to him being my ken doll toy?
View attachment 1113006

Q: fuck you 8 ball!
View attachment 1113008
Q:ill just start shit with him......
View attachment 1113009
Q:Fuck too close, I cant help myself.
View attachment 1113016
Q:I cant.... I just cant.....
View attachment 1113011

Q: fuck you 8 ball
View attachment 1113020

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I only started regularly posting here since March 2021 but I remember some people correctly guessed Chad/Troy, Josy/Maya & Jill being a Burke. Altough there are many crazy theories that is now obsolete & proven wrong (anyone remember Jacob x Josy? lmao)
The things with the theories that turn out to be real is that DPC provided fucking heaps of evidence, like Chad and Troy being together. Here are two separate posts that I collated all the evidence:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-4641649

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-4580459

That's very different to Dalli's theories where he sees two words in two separate scenes and just randomly links them together and invents all the evidence. Once in a blue moon he gets something right, but just like the proverbial broken watch, you can't always be wrong.

And then there was that persistent Auntie Jill theory in spite of all the evidence against it.

But I get your overall sentiment against all these family relationship theories. Sure the theme of the game actually is family, but it's about making a new family with your close friends, not about everyone actually being related.

Regardless of my feelings on the 2D art, I did choose one to hang in my room instead of leaving the canvas blank. It makes me wonder, though. If Jill ever accompanies me to the DIK house, what will she say when she sees it?

View attachment 1441415
View attachment 1441416

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Whew! Smooth recovery. :sneaky:

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
The things with the theories that turn out to be real is that DPC provided fucking heaps of evidence, like Chad and Troy being together. Here are two separate posts that I collated all the evidence:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-4641649

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-4580459

That's very different to Dalli's theories where he sees two words in two separate scenes and just randomly links them together and invents all the evidence. Once in a blue moon he gets something right, but just like the proverbial broken watch, you can't always be wrong.

And then there was that persistent Auntie Jill theory in spite of all the evidence against it.

But I get your overall sentiment against all these family relationship theories. Sure the theme of the game actually is family, but it's about making a new family with your close friends, not about everyone actually being related.

Whew! Smooth. :sneaky:
Fuck, I never even thought about the eastern wing thingy. I got involved here too late I guess

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
And what do you people think about the "going out with a big bang" in episode 8
DPC stated that himself and also that there will be a "difficult decision" to be made. Could it be choosing between Jill and Bella?
Personally i think that would be a big one also since they are very close to eachother.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
And what do you people think about the "going out with a big bang" in episode 8
DPC stated that himself and also that there will be a "difficult decision" to be made. Could it be choosing between Jill and Bella?
Personally i think that would be a big one also since they are very close to eachother.
It's fucking terrifying. Up until ep 7, the narrative pretty much had the girls accepting the relationship with the mc was open, and that jealousy would be expected, and that they're not in a deep relationship.

But that came crashing down when Bella kicked the mc to the curb after the Cathy incident.

So crunch time may be upon us for more than one mutually exclusive relationship.

A Jill and Bella split seems obvious, and it'll be dramatic as fuck given how close those two are.

Also a Maya and Josy split could be on the cards for the solo seekers.

Could shit get ugly between Sage and Quinn? After Quinn was so uncomfortable with Riona during the Sage garden fuck, she may start to realise she doesn't like sharing unless she's making a profit.

Since Jill found out that half the school knows what the mc's erect cock looks like, I think she's not about to "give it away" unless she has assurances that it will be exclusive.

So yeah, could get ugly. The best option is a Halloween party where everyone wears masks and the mc can fuck everything that moves with impunity... yeah, that's gonna end in tears... :cry:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Fuck, I never even thought about the eastern wing thingy. I got involved here too late I guess
It was fun to watch them try to dismantle that theory. But it is something cyclical, I think that today we are losing the most debatable theories because the game has advanced enough to limit a lot what can be "flown".
Lynnete's diary, Zoe yes or no, the rest already brings pausible theories that were debated some time ago, some with consensus, others with pure discussion.

Reactions: dalli_x

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Also a Maya and Josy split could be on the cards for the solo seekers.
I think that's a given even if you're not a solo seeker there are already some cracks appearing it's the only place their story can go. Josy own her own has nothing going on story wise it's all linked into Maya's Dad issues and tuition

But that came crashing down when Bella kicked the mc to the curb after the Cathy incident.
The official guide seemed a bit vague on this aspect whether or not Bella is really over. It just says "Bella will reject you during this scene" not your journey with Bella is over, like the Maya & Josy choice made it abundantly clear it's over with them if you're rejected.
I'm actually happy that Lily washed her head. Just compare
and
Her personality kinda changed a bit when it comes to sex too. Episode 5 she wasn't overly interested and actually will make you pay if you're a DIK but in episode 7 suddenly she's like "wow you have a howitzer" :KEK: like what? Did she forget MC was forced to pay for it earlier haha

Sep 29, 2021
Sage's dad was just the obnoxious guy with the topknot at the party. It's incredibly obvious, anyone posting otherwise is just obsessed with incest like the rest of F95 is.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Question regarding intended LIs for the MC: If you look at modded versions of the game, the LIs or those with whom relationship points are possible include Josy, Maya, Jill, Bella, Sage. They don’t include Zoey(?), Quinn, Cathy, whatever the Dean’s wife’s name is, Envy, etc, etc. Is this a mod call, or is there something coded within the game itself that doesn’t track this for the other characters?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes