`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
ename144 , thank you for your amazing spreadsheet on the mansion minigame. Alas, I don't have Excel these days; I use LibreOffice. I think I read that your spreadsheet is designed only for Excel? I'm seeing some wonky behavior as I try to follow your tutorial, and I wanted to verify that the problem is likely my software. Assuming I can't use the spreadsheet, can I ask if I have some general principles correct? In fact, I'd rather play the game myself with some general guidelines, as I think it's a fun challenge.
You can use this website here to view the file online. Just upload the excel file and you are good to go.

7. If I suspect a DIK of disloyalty, can I freeze him out of XP gain and still repair the mansion? Maybe it doesn't matter, as the mansion will be repaired before we learn who the mole is?
There is no need to do this since it's OUR loss, nothing will happen to that DIK no matter you do.

Secondly, We don't explicitly know who the mole is.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I also want to point out some inconsistencies in ename's arguments here. Apparently Sage assumes things are running smoothly with Quinn and the HOTs, despite also hearing things about Quinn's treatment of the initiates like Maya, and Sage also sets up the the prep party which was Quinn's idea while hating it? This reasoning is all over the place. Sage was at the prep party herself wasn't she? Lily, one of her girls, was literally downstairs clucking about how shit the party is at that same party but Sage never thought to check on how the other girls felt? The girls she's responsible for? What else was she doing? Sage could have talked to any of the HOTs that night and discovered that none of them wanted to be there, hell she could have walked into any of two rooms and found one of them crying about it. If that isn't neglectful as a leader, what is? I'm seriously having issues figuring out if we are trying to rewrite the facts here, because the majority of time we see Sage in the game she's either preoccupied with Chad, her studies, or ignoring every bad rumor she's hearing about Quinn :WaitWhat:
Here you are misreading the situation. Sage knows that no one wants to be at the prep party, but the money they charge is necessary to cover the shortages that Quinn claims exist, claiming that there are many new girls and expenses will increase. Obviously Quinn's ulterior motive is to sell drugs to the preps, but the reason for taking the job is lack of funds.

This is all par for the course with Sage though, and let me tell you why. In flashbacks we see that Sage was hanging off Chad and promising him that the HOTs would only party with the Tri's. She seems to decide this unilateraly, with no input, all because she wants to please the guy she's dating. Sage doesn't seem to care about anyone in the HOTs except for Quinn, and I'm super curious if you can find me any evidence to prove otherwise. Keep in mind that Maya is not in the HOTs as well, she's only thinking about joining, so Sage went to talk to someone who's only thinking about joining and listen to all her problems before going to someone like Heather and seeing her opinions on the sorority :KEK: And she only did that AFTER sending Quinn to go and fix it.
The tradition of tri and hots comes from before Sage and Chad. Remember that in that flashback there were no DIKs yet.
Finally, for a person to be elected vice president in their first year and president for the next 3 years is because they have done something right.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
ename144 , thank you for your amazing spreadsheet on the mansion minigame. Alas, I don't have Excel these days; I use LibreOffice. I think I read that your spreadsheet is designed only for Excel? I'm seeing some wonky behavior as I try to follow your tutorial, and I wanted to verify that the problem is likely my software. Assuming I can't use the spreadsheet, can I ask if I have some general principles correct? In fact, I'd rather play the game myself with some general guidelines, as I think it's a fun challenge.
Thanks for the kind words. Sadly, I have no idea how well my spreadsheet would work in other programs. I made it using Excel 2007 since that was what I had available; if it's possible to import that format maybe it could run? If not, I can at least give you screenshots of the solution I worked out to finish the mansion by the end of Episode 7. It's somewhere to start.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
On your questions, there are a lot of theories about how best to proceed and I'm not really the expert. I can give you my strategies in brief since it's getting late here.

1. First, I get that I should maximize the dumpster at start. Should I make any other investments? Cleaning supplies, say? I plan to donate my Pink Rose card to the repair effort. (This is a CHICK playthrough and I'm being Mr Nice.)
I don't think the other investments are worth it most of the time. 45% is a lot, but to come out ahead on that $5 you'd need to rank your DIKs up enough to take at least $6 worth of better jobs over the course of the repair, either through higher stats or finishing rooms earlier. I think that's tough given that you need something like 4610% to fully repair the mansion.

That said, the boosts can it can make it a lot easier to get your DIKs to the point where they can solo rooms or work better jobs. So even if it doesn't strictly pay for itself, it may cut down on the times you need to reload a save for better jobs or the time spent planning the best path. If that's worthwhile will depend on your playstyle.

2. I should not assign any Work jobs at all until, say, free roam 5 or 6? In the meantime, invest in Work XP so that one takes only the best jobs all at once at the end of the process?
I'd say it depends on what the payout for working is. In the screenshots, you can see I started Rusty, the MC and Derek working $3 jobs early, since it only takes straight 40s to work the "My marriage is falling apart" job, and their work experience will eventually allow them to handle a few other $3 jobs as time goes by. I thought that was a better strategy than trying to mass work jobs later since I was expecting to reload a lot and this way I only needed to wait for the RNG to give me one $3 job at a time. YMMV.

3. Should I allocate all 60 XP points available to me this time? I may have misunderstood, but I thought I read a post suggesting one should not do that. If I don't invest them, do they carry over to the next free roam?
I've heard that too, but I'm not sure why that would be the case. My guess is it's strictly a question of playstyle. If you intend to plan everything out ahead of time, I'd say you're better off spending the XP ASAP. Since you already know where each point is ultimately going there's no difference when you assign the points; might as well get the trivial increase in score for having the extra skills. If, on the other hand, you want flexibility to adapt as the repairs proceed then it makes sense to hoard the points as much as possible and spend them when you know what you want.

Part of the reason I made my tracker was so that I could preemptively assign points where they'd later go, so I favor the "spend like DIKs at the Pink Rose" plan. :p

4. One of your earlier posts suggests having two groups of three DIKs, each group with 90 work, but one prioiritizing Cleaning and the other Salvaging. So one ends up with 6 DIKs who have 90 work skill. No need for more than 6 DIKs with high work skill?
My thought was that there's only one job in the game that requires 90 Cleaning; all the other jobs (including the $4 ones) can be done with at most 75 Cleaning. So my plan was to aim for a team of three with 75 Cleaning/90 Build/90 Work and another team of three with 90 Work/90 Salvage. That would give me a shot to work nearly all the best jobs when they came up. The last 3 DIKs would aspire to high skills too, I just didn't expect to have enough points to get there. :p

In the end, I'm not sure if this will be especially important unless we wind up continuing to work jobs after the mansion is repaired.

5. Can I prioritize Jacob's room? I want him to get painting soon. :)
Yes, I do that in my solution. Jacob's room takes 250% total to fix, so it's not a bad choice for an early target: enough to justify a 3 man crew but still achievable without dumping all your points into it.

That said, if you hold off, Jacob will eventually start repairing his room on his own at the end of Episode 7. And once you unlock one of his paintings on a playthrough, it's unlocked forever on all the other ones, so you don't necessarily need to rush if you have multiple playthroughs.

It's probably still a terrible idea to wait, but it is technically unique content you can only see by playing with mini-games. Up to you if that's worth anything.
Jacob_self_repair_1.jpg Jacob_self_repair_2.jpg

6. I like the idea of the 3/3/3/5/9 constraint. Three rooms in the first three roams; then 5; then 9. In general, I imagine this means completely finishing some rooms early on, then leaving a bunch unfinished as one approaches the later weeks?
I've never really tried that approach fully, but I think you have the right idea. You'll need to plan ahead very carefully to get 9 rooms that can be finished simultaneously. I never had the patience to solve that, so I settled for a slightly less aggressive expansion, something like 3/3/4/5/6/5/2. The solution in the screenshots wound up as 3/2/3/4/5/6, but I also worked jobs most of the time.

7. If I suspect a DIK of disloyalty, can I freeze him out of XP gain and still repair the mansion? Maybe it doesn't matter, as the mansion will be repaired before we learn who the mole is?
Hey, I trust all my DIK brothers!

But if we assume, purely hypothetically, that I didn't, I probably would have been tempted to starve the mole... hypothetically. The problem is, as you say, by the time we know who the mole is it's probably too late to get stingy with the XP.

That, and my iron clad trust for my bothers, of course. :cautious:

Again, thanks for your awesome work on this! It's much appreciated.
You're welcome! Good luck!

Last edited:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Ok, derailing a little OT today, but it needs to happen.
Technically Vader killed millions of kids. He blew up Alderaan just to fuck with Leia, there were 2 billion people on that planet.
Tarkin blew up Alderaan. Not saying Vader objected, but he was Tarkin's bitch.
Vader was not in command militarily, he was effectively on detached duty. His own statement was (paraphrased) "Yeah, you have a battle station. BFD, the Force is stronger than this." He was fully obedient to the Emperor at this point, who probably said "Tarkin is in charge, back him up if he needs it.". He could have readily killed the guy in the conference room but didn't, because Tarkin said to release him.

How many other people got that kind of mercy? So yeah, Vader's a bad dude at this stage, but he's not actively murdering millions. He kills those who fail him or get in his way.
Luke kiss his sister Wincest :devilish: (y)
Other way around. Leia kissed Luke, three different occasions. Not that he minded, of course, and one of them was definitely done to spite Han.
Release´day is gonna be a nightmare for be able to download the full game.
This is why it's good to have a distribution torrent, not just sites like NoPY or Mega. Takes a little bit of time to get up to speed, but inside a couple days you get blazing fast transfers.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Here you are misreading the situation. Sage knows that no one wants to be at the prep party, but the money they charge is necessary to cover the shortages that Quinn claims exist, claiming that there are many new girls and expenses will increase. Obviously Quinn's ulterior motive is to sell drugs to the preps, but the reason for taking the job is lack of funds.
Appreciate the reply but that wasn't the argument I was making. Ename claims that Sage trusts Quinn and because of that she assumed things are running smoothly. There's absolutely no way Sage can think things are running smoothly unless she's literally only talking to Quinn, ignoring Lily's clucks and the other girls, not talking to the DIKs whose party they bounced on, etc. In other words, the only way that Sage can think things are running smoothly is if she has no idea what's going on in her own sorority. Like, at what point does 'trusting Quinn' become an insufficient excuse for not talking to any of the other HOTs or just using her own two eyes? She was literally at the party that none of her girls were having fun at and Quinn was nowhere in sight. Was Sage hiding in a closet the whole time or something that she couldn't see this :KEK: Needing money isn't an excuse to make everyone miserable, just run another sexy car wash or something damn, at least the girls appeared to enjoy that. The only thing the party should have proved to Sage is that things were not running smoothly, financially or otherwise. Ignoring that is neglectful, there's nothing about that party that was good for business.

The tradition of tri and hots comes from before Sage and Chad. Remember that in that flashback there were no DIKs yet.
Finally, for a person to be elected vice president in their first year and president for the next 3 years is because they have done something right.
I think it's obvious from that scene that Sage was trying to appease Chad by making the HOTs only party with the Tri's. Whether the tradition existed before is irrelevant, a good leader would have gotten the input of her members before upholding or creating the tradition.

Also we have no idea of the circumstances of how Quinn was elected, Sage could have just appointed her on her own whims for all we know, and I'd argue that given the evidence that's exactly what Sage would do. Are there even elections for leadership in the HOTs? I'm honestly drawing a blank on this.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the kind words. Sadly, I have no idea how well my spreadsheet would work in other programs. I made it using Excel 2007 since that was what I had available; if it's possible to import that format maybe it could run? If not, I can at least give you screenshots of the solution I worked out to finish the mansion by the end of Episode 7. It's somewhere to start.
On your questions, there are a lot of theories about how best to proceed and I'm not really the expert. I can give you my strategies in brief since it's getting late here.

I don't think the other investments are worth it most of the time. 45% is a lot, but to come out ahead on that $5 you'd need to rank your DIKs up enough to take at least $6 worth of better jobs over the course of the repair, either through higher stats or finishing rooms earlier. I think that's tough given that you need something like 4610% to fully repair the mansion.

That said, the boosts can it can make it a lot easier to get your DIKs to the point where they can solo rooms or work better jobs. So even if it doesn't strictly pay for itself, it may cut down on the times you need to reload a save for better jobs or the time spent planning the best path. If that's worthwhile will depend on your playstyle.

I'd say it depends on what the payout for working is. In the screenshots, you can see I started Rusty, the MC and Derek working $3 jobs early, since it only takes straight 40s to work the "My marriage is falling apart" job, and their work experience will eventually allow them to handle a few other $3 jobs as time goes by. I thought that was a better strategy than trying to mass work jobs later since I was expecting to reload a lot and this way I only needed to wait for the RNG to give me one $3 job at a time. YMMV.

I've heard that too, but I'm not sure why that would be the case. My guess is it's strictly a question of playstyle. If you intend to plan everything out ahead of time, I'd say you're better off spending the XP ASAP. Since you already know where each point is ultimately going there's no difference when you assign the points; might as well get the trivial increase in score for having the extra skills. If, on the other hand, you want flexibility to adapt as the repairs proceed then it makes sense to hoard the points as much as possible and spend them when you know what you want.

Part of the reason I made my tracker was so that I could preemptively assign points where they'd later go, so I favor the "spend like DIKs at the Pink Rose" plan. :p

My thought was that there's only one job in the game that requires 90 Cleaning; all the other jobs (including the $4 ones) can be done with at most 75 Cleaning. So my plan was to aim for a team of three with 75 Cleaning/90 Build/90 Work and another team of three with 90 Work/90 Salvage. That would give me a shot to work nearly all the best jobs when they came up. The last 3 DIKs would aspire to high skills too, I just didn't expect to have enough points to get there. :p

In the end, I'm not sure if this will be especially important unless we wind up continuing to work jobs after the mansion is repaired.

Yes, I do that in my solution. Jacob's room takes 250% total to fix, so it's not a bad choice for an early target: enough to justify a 3 man crew but still achievable without dumping all your points into it.

That said, if you hold off, Jacob will eventually start repairing his room on his own at the end of Episode 7. And once you unlock one of his paintings on a playthrough, it's unlocked forever on all the other ones, so you don't necessarily need to rush if you have multiple playthroughs.

It's probably still a terrible idea to wait, but it is technically unique content you can only see by playing with mini-games. Up to you if that's worth anything.
View attachment 1483687 View attachment 1483688

I've never really tried that approach fully, but I think you have the right idea. You'll need to plan ahead very carefully to get 9 rooms that can be finished simultaneously. I never had the patience to solve that, so I settled for a slightly less aggressive expansion, something like 3/3/4/5/6/5/2. The solution in the screenshots wound up as 3/2/3/4/5/6, but I also worked jobs most of the time.

Hey, I trust all my DIK brothers!

But if we assume, purely hypothetically, that I didn't, I probably would have been tempted to starve the mole... hypothetically. The problem is, as you say, by the time we know who the mole is it's probably too late to get stingy with the XP.

That, and my iron clad trust for my bothers, of course. :cautious:

You're welcome! Good luck!
Thanks for sharing this info! It puts things in perspective now and makes it easier to finish if you have multiple save paths or just want to experiments with the outcomes :geek:.

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
Appreciate the reply but that wasn't the argument I was making. Ename claims that Sage trusts Quinn and because of that she assumed things are running smoothly. There's absolutely no way Sage can think things are running smoothly unless she's literally only talking to Quinn, ignoring Lily's clucks and the other girls, not talking to the DIKs whose party they bounced on, etc. In other words, the only way that Sage can think things are running smoothly is if she has no idea what's going on in her own sorority. Like, at what point does 'trusting Quinn' become an insufficient excuse for not talking to any of the other HOTs or just using her own two eyes? She was literally at the party that none of her girls were having fun at and Quinn was nowhere in sight. Was Sage hiding in a closet the whole time or something that she couldn't see this :KEK: Needing money isn't an excuse to make everyone miserable, just run another sexy car wash or something damn, at least the girls appeared to enjoy that. The only thing the party should have proved to Sage is that things were not running smoothly, financially or otherwise. Ignoring that is neglectful, there's nothing about that party that was good for business.
Just remember that Sage told MC during the party that she switched off her phone because of her father trying to call her, so no rooster check for her.
The only business this deal (preps party) was good for was Quinn's, at least she hoped it would be.
This said, I agree Sage has a major blind spot concerning Quinn and her motives, Sage isn't stupid and save for some plot twist I can't see any reason she would be that blind.
But hey, as for Jill plot that is a "little" too much, I can live with those downside for the sake of enjoying the whole.
Even with those, BaDIK is still the best game I played on this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenrule91

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Just remember that Sage told MC during the party that she swithed off her phone because of her father trying to call her, so no rooster check for her.
The only business this deal (preps party) was good for was Quinn's, at least she hoped it would be.
This said, I agree Sage has a major blind spot concerning Quinn and her motives, Sage isn't stupid and save for some plot twist I can't see any reason she would be that blind.
But hey, as for Jill plot that is a "little" too much, I can live with those downside for the sake of enjoying the whole.
Even with those, BaDIK is still the best game I played on this site.
Really good point about the phone being off, it's been a while since I played the game so my details are rusty on that kind of thing. Agreed on everything else you said :Kappa:(y)

Reactions: Melimelo

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
ename144, for what it's worth, I also use open office and I never had any pb with your excell doc.
and by the way thx a lot for it, that's the one I usually follow, I'm too lazy to to even try to solve this mansion repair on my own.
So once again, a big (y)for it.
(sorry I don't know how to flag somebody, so I just write your "name" in plain)

Reactions: ename144

crunchycake

Jun 3, 2020
I too had the same thoughts about a Camilla involvement when I replayed it. I still cannot understand who's the blood in the library, I guess there could have been a fight involving Vinny and Nick (the only one that we know was there and knows about the blood). I could no see anybody with bandages or scratches.
Wait.... what blood!?

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
digging Elena's free spirit, too; hope we get a scene with her in later episode and John boy be okay with it.
or... let Derek redo his hair, pretending he's John Boy, give Elena the consent
View attachment 1483789
Lol naah MC has no chance cause clearly Elena don't give a fuck about how hot or good looking he is,she's loyal to JB despite the fact that the dude has a dad bod at such a young age, man looks like couch potatoe personified lol which is also funny cause literally every Dik is in good physical shape then there's JB lol

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
Lol naah MC has no chance cause clearly Elena don't give a fuck about how hot or good looking he is,she's loyal to JB despite the fact that the dude has a dad bod at such a young age, man looks like couch potatoe personified lol which is also funny cause literally every Dik is in good physical shape then there's JB lol
They already had a 3some with Arieth ... maybe they'll have one with MC :unsure:
I won't keep my hopes to high on this one but I'd like to see that :sneaky:;)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
With all the focus on the mc baulking at being the "rebound guy", a great opportunity was missed:
You know why JB has let himself go? Because he's already got a serious girl. The rest of the DIKs still need to keep up appearances 'cause they are single, even Tommy since he's looking to trade up.

Hentaboy

Mar 12, 2019
man i just finished ep 7 on Sage path and the mansion is on 44% competion and only 2 more turns left should i redo it ? i am worried :/ also i am at $51 btw one more playthrough and it should be enough for the windows

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
Really good point about the phone being off, it's been a while since I played the game so my details are rusty on that kind of thing. Agreed on everything else you said :Kappa:(y)
Btw, about the HOT's phones during this party at the preps, something buggs me from the beginning.
When MC asked one HOT (Heather for sure, not sure if there was another one) why they don't answer their phone, she says they had to let them with their belongings and Ash is on duty about that. But in the mean time there a lot of HOT posts on rooster ...
Are the only one who don't have their phone the ones the DIKs tried to call ?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes