AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
With all the focus on the mc baulking at being the "rebound guy", a great opportunity was missed:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You know why JB has let himself go? Because he's already got a serious girl. The rest of the DIKs still need to keep up appearances 'cause they are single, even Tommy since he's looking to trade up.
Lol Tremelo has like 3 "serious" girlfriend's being Maya, Josey and Jill and Tommy I wouldn't even say Heather is his girlfriend cause clearly she's just a piece of ass to him.

Reactions: shazba

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Are there still chances that episode 8 will be released on Friday 12th?
A chance? Yes. Beta testing is on going now. That said I think it’s more likely he’ll announce on the 12th the release is coming on the 19th. (Or the 19th for the 26th).

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I wonder if Rusty told Tommy that MC has access to the laptop.
I don't think Tommy would take that lightly.. Im sure he already hates the fact that Tremelo has been a dik for a minute and he's already seen as a leader..plus Tremelo might be the greatest Dik of all time depending on the choices we made, I know for a fact my MC is a G.O.A.T Dik lol.
But Tommy is just a big baby, dude just cares about the party side of things but when the Diks were down Tremelo was the one who brought them back to life while Tommy was sulking like a bitch and he's the VP... Even the president himself was sulking like a bitch so Tremelo has every right to been seen as a Dik leader in my opinion

markleon

Jan 20, 2020
Why did all the fight dramas become this(For example fight with Dawe in Ep2 ), and in the end they all turn out to be defeated?
It is Bug??? please help me!!!!!!

屏幕截图 2021-11-04 180155.png
屏幕截图 2021-11-04 180227.png
屏幕截图 2021-11-04 180833.png

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
They already had a 3some with Arieth ... maybe they'll have one with MC :unsure:
I won't keep my hopes to high on this one but I'd like to see that :sneaky:;)
Actually that wouldn't be a bad way to get into Elena pants.. Not sure if JB would be down tho seeing that it's MMf while with Arieth it was FFM and Tremelo is a fellow Dik.. Although there was a scene where JB asked Tremelo if he finds Elena attractive and we could either say yes or no, that could play into the three ways possibility.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Actually that wouldn't be a bad way to get into Elena pants.. Not sure if JB would be down tho seeing that it's MMf while with Arieth it was FFM and Tremelo is a fellow Dik.. Although there was a scene where JB asked Tremelo if he finds Elena attractive and we could either say yes or no, that could play into the three ways possibility.
Yeah, I think it’s building up to a threesome. I’d personally find it hot if it ended up being a couple swap, but I know some people are very sensitive about feeling cucked so I doubt this will happen

Reactions: slackster

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
With all the focus on the mc baulking at being the "rebound guy", a great opportunity was missed:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You know why JB has let himself go? Because he's already got a serious girl. The rest of the DIKs still need to keep up appearances 'cause they are single, even Tommy since he's looking to trade up.
Seeing Sage get wrecked like that got me to half-mast. (y)

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

Beta testing and proofreading have just started.

As soon as I know a little bit more, I can set a release date.

I'm aiming for a November release for the $25 tier, and that's all I can say at the moment.

If you base your pledge on the release date, please wait until the release date is final.

I know that everyone is excited; you should be, and I am too.

Please, be patient with us during this final phase, and the update will come faster.

Important information regarding patching
I will explain in the section below why I cannot supply a patch for this update.

What this means for v0.8.0 is that everyone will have to download the full game this time.

I haven't forgotten about the $5 patrons waiting for the patch. Anyone who pledges $5 in December 2021 and has pledged at least $15 total on Patreon during this year will get a DM with the links to the full update two weeks after release.

However, there won't be a post for any patch, and I will temporarily remove the $5 tier patch reward on release. When the first patch of Season 3 becomes available, this tier reward will return.

Detailed information
Now, why won't a patch be available?

To make a long story short, I have upgraded Ren'Py to the latest version to enable 64-bit Windows. The upgrade causes patching to be a nightmare, even for an above-average PC user, so I opted out of it this time.

The Ren'Py upgrade made the game run much smoother and become more responsive than before. When I saw the results, it was worth spending extra time to fix the deprecated functionality and issues that came from upgrading. This upgrade will most likely eliminate all weird out-of-memory bugs and remove most lag from your game.

All in all, you will notice the positive effects of upgrading the Ren'Py version. The only downside to upgrading the game to 64-bit is that 32-bit systems aren't supported anymore. Examples of 32-bit OS that won't be supported are Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows XP. That's the future for all Ren'Py games, not just Being a DIK.

Aside from upgrading Ren'Py, I have tested my save transfer system on Steam and tested a temporary new season 3 binary for Steam as well. It all went smoothly, and I am confident that my chosen way to continue developing the game will be feasible for Patreon and Steam.

So, that's very good news for the Being a DIK development in general.

What will happen now?
Testers and proofreader will get the time they need to test and play. I will fix any bugs and typos they find.

This update is big - something they all commented on after their first playthrough - and it will require several playthroughs to explore fully. When they test, they are also working against a checklist that I provide with tasks that need to be tested.

Testing will also cover earlier episodes to find any bugs from the Ren'Py upgrade.

We are working our hardest, but because of the Ren'Py upgrade and the size of the game, there might be new bugs we missed during testing; as always, I appreciate any bug reports players send my way.

Meanwhile, I will perform additional tests and continue to polish the game.

I will also prepare for the distribution of the Patreon version.

What can you as a player do to prepare?
You can ensure that your saves are up to date and that you have saved at the end of the episode 7 update, where the game tells you to save. Yes, your old saves will work without any issues as long as you did this.

You can make sure that you have enough disk space for the update.

The game will be approximately 19 GB when you extract it, meaning that you will need at least 40 GB of free disk space to download the game and extract it.

If you have any questions regarding all of this, I will do my best to answer you in the comment section below.

I apologize for any confusion; I tried my best to make this long text easy to understand.

Preliminary changelog
Here is the preliminary changelog for v0.8.0. It might change slightly as a result of beta testing.

Added Episode 8 that includes:

• 4158 renders
  • 24 2D-art pieces
  • 358 animations
  • 37 songs
  • 31 sound effects
  • Upgraded Ren'Py version to 7.4.10
  • Updated functionality for viewing special renders in the Rewards app.
  • Redesigned the game menus.
  • Removed the splash screen due to performance issues
  • Added a button to manually save persistent data in the Save menu; automatic saving still works as before.
  • Fixed a rare bug with Brawler that caused four options that resulted in a miss to show at once.
  • Fixed a bug with the math tests that displayed the wrong grade when cheating.
  • Fixed a bug with the bar mixing menu in episode 7.
  • Fixed a rare bug with the mansion mini-game.
  • Fixed cosmetic bugs with the phone.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Previously on Being a DIK" section for episode 7.
  • Fixed a bug with reaching turn 100 in Triple Tile.
  • Fixed an issue where the MC didn't get the right avatar in the Bios app.
  • Fixed an issue with Rooster images not being closed with the middle-mouse button on the old phone.
  • Fixed an issue where Brandi was named Brian in her dialogue.
  • Fixed a Bios issue with Josy.
  • Fixed an issue where Madame Rose was misplaced in alphabetical order in the Bios app.
  • Fixed an issue where the Madame Rose intro was played after each choice when visiting her using the phone.
  • Corrected typos in episode 7

I will post release dates after we have tested the game some more.

DrPinkCake
Great news! I hope that information about the release date will appear this week. But the DPC provided a lot of technical information, so it is possible that the game will be released on November 26. But I still believe that it will happen on November 19th!
We got to wait for the remaining images from the rooster. I hope there will be posts with the hashtag Halloween!

Last edited:
Reactions: shazba
Sep 9, 2021
Hey anyone have info about Josy's possible story line ?
Is there any chance is will come out of her feminist friend shadow ?
i mean anyone knows(the people that know :LOL:) I love quinn but I also like Josy too.
The only bad thing about josy is maya. so anyone knows . . . :rolleyes: ? :whistle: :coffee:

• Sad
Reactions: anonymoussposter

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
digging Elena's free spirit, too; hope we get a scene with her in later episode and John boy be okay with it.
On one hand, MC will definitely get a chance to bang Elena at some point as any other attractive girl in the game, that's a given. On the other, a threesome with JB? I don't think this game will feature any real group sex scenes involving other dudes, ever. So yeah, path into Elena's panties is a tricky one. At least we've seen that MC was provided with options of not giving a shit about bro/DIK code (all the credit for himself/telling Heather about +3). That's promising.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
As i expected, i will have to wait a few days after the release for download. No fucking chance i dl 19 GB in the release day, even if my poor internet been in good mood. Hopefuly i will download the bug fix version. Fuck, 19 GB and the game is not even close to finish, probaly

always86

Mar 19, 2020
As i expected, i will have to wait a few days after the release for download. No fucking chance i dl 19 GB in the release day, even if my poor internet been in good mood. Hopefuly i will download the bug fix version. Fuck, 19 GB and the game is not even close to finish, probaly
In fairness this will be as big as 1-8 gets. 9+ will be a separate download

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
The hopes would be that the uploaders do their magic :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lipe2410

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
i mean anyone knows(the people that know :LOL:) I love quinn but I also like Josy too.
The only bad thing about josy is maya. so anyone knows . . . :rolleyes: ? :whistle: :coffee:
Maya and Josy's breakup on Dik's path seems inevitable to me. If during the party at the prep in episode 5, the hero tells Derek that he loves Josy, and then throws Maya and comforts her in the mansion, she admits that she loves Tremolo and even kept his jacket. In the future, there will be several triggers hinting at some kind of break.
1) On a date with Josy at the Hots Mansion, MС wants to kiss Josy, but she abruptly pulls away.
ep7_josy118.jpg

2) Later MС will still kiss her. But as we can see, this kiss confused her.
ep7_josy2_event21.jpg
Interestingly, there are no such opportunities on the path of friendship with Maya.
Therefore, I am interested in how the gap will be depicted and under what circumstances they will break up. So far they are doing well. Tremolo kindly provided them with his room for dates. Maybe something will happen in the gym and Josy decides to leave Maya?

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Well I practically did every girls route from start to finish so I can confidently tell you that as of right now there's no Josey without Maya.. Keep in mind if anything Tremelo is the third wheel in this relationship because Maya and Josey were already dating before they even met him, they went to through a rough patch and ultimately both feel in love with Tremelo but they never stopped loving each other so yeah mate whether you like it or not you can't get Josey without Maya or Maya without Josey... Whether you choose to date them or stay friends nothing changes between them, they'll still be a couple.
I personally don't mind that, both Maya and Josey are fantastic and any fuck would be lucky to have the chance to date them both.

Reactions: Harathorne
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes