junj

Jan 4, 2018
Does anyone has Dik path man whore but staying with Bella, please share me the save. I lost my save and I'm so sad right now. I don't have much time to replay. The man whore save in the save category skipped Bella sadly.

Reactions: Ale69

Blahbs

Apr 29, 2021
Episode 8 makes sense, but still saddens me. Why does Isabella's route seem so much harder than the other ones? I feel so bad for Jill after she sees us, and then Jade manages to make me feel bad as well. I figured that we would only get one choice in the end, but it still feels bad nonetheless.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think the interlude is to flesh out her character before she’s introduced to the main game as a central character.

I personally think it’s a good idea. The interlude that is, I’m not 100% convinced on Zoey. But I’d rather an interlude than having some massive chunk of Ep9 being devoted to her packed full of flashbacks and exposition.

If he plays his cards right and actually makes her a really likeable character in her interlude she can clear up a lot of the other characters behaviour and make the plot easier to write. All game the MC and everyone else has been torn between relationships. “Follow your heart” has come up loads of times. Writing dialogue for every possible combination of girl would be a total clusterfuck. Work would never get done or it would be ambiguous. Like Jill at the end of this episode just saying “dating other people” to avoid having to mention names. However, Make Zoey a common denominator? The LI can have genuine reactions that suit their character.

All these themes spoken about at the start and throughout can be made easier to write if Zoey rocks up and becomes the “other woman” on all routes. We’re too far from the end for everyone to be happily ever after and I think DPC has forced everyone to be with either one relationship or none for a reason. My guess is he’s pruning the branching storyline like he did in Ep4/5 and Zoey is getting an interlude to make her a viable LI and lightning rod for all the individual girls jealousy.
I can't judge this Interlude fairly until I've played it. Hell, I can't even judge it unfairly until I have some idea of what the hell it is. But as of right now, I struggle to see how anything about it could be a good idea. Yes, it would be vastly easier to treat Zoey as the Universal Romantic Threat (pat pending!) for all the newly minted paths, but that's because she's also an inferior solution; the whole point of cutting corners is to save on costs at the expense of quality.

But there's a reason it's called cutting corners. The art is in picking places to skimp that are easily hidden and have limited effect on performance; you don't leave holes in the middle of the floor! The relationship paths are NOT corners, especially not after DPC forced us to commit to one. To me, streamlining the dating aspect of the game to squeeze in more time for Madame Rose and Maya's Nth tuition crisis is a recipe for disaster.

Whether Zoey gets her tear-jerker backstory in a separate side story or at the start of Episode 9 proper is irrelevant. The problem is that a) she's never going to be a serious threat to the player's favorite girl, and b) if the MC made his supposedly momentous decision to date a single LI (or M/J) without considering there are other attractive girls in the world, he clearly didn't think about it very hard.

The time to bring Zoey back into the story was BEFORE the MC committed to a new girlfriend. Bringing her back now as a romantic rival will be meaningless if she's an optional threat and infuriating if the MC will fall for her against our wishes. Even bringing her back in some other role is a dubious move given how many characters we already have, but at least it isn't doomed to failure. The problem is that I can't see Zoey meriting her own special episode to be just another character.

I don't think this came outta nowhere. The mc has been questioning himself on and off for a while now. The game has been discussing how to balance dating multiple women and where the tipping point between getting to know people and cheating is.

Of the 5 LIs, when taken to the conclusion of Season 2, the relationships are solid except Sage's. To continue fucking other girls at that point would be a betrayal of whichever LI the mc was with.
  • Bella is expecting an exclusive relationship now. At first it was an awakening for her, but it's clear she wants this to mean something and she's put her cards on the table. If the mc hadn't decided he wanted an exclusive relationship with Bella, she would have broached the subject herself.
  • If Jill has given herself to the MC, it's obvious she's not the girl to do it lightly and if she found out the mc was fucking others still and she was just another notch on his belt, she'd be devastated. The mc surely knows this.
  • M&J and the mc have really taken their relationship along quite a ways. All that talk about "no strings" was a while ago now, and it's clear the girls actually love him. He even needs to "explain himself" if he takes that photo at the Pink Rose while in a relationship with the two.
To continue fucking around while in any of the above three relationships would be wrong, and while the mc can be a DIK, he's actually a good guy and would know that.
I didn't say it came out of nowhere, I said it didn't come as a natural result of our choices, and I stand by that.

To use Bella and Jill as a simple example, it's pretty obvious both of them are looking for a serious relationship (if they're going to have any relationship at all). And even an idiot would realize dating both of them will eventually end badly. Yet in Episode 7 the MC can still Hangout with Bella and *almost* pressure her into sex, then run off to pledge himself to Jill that very night.

I'm sorry, but if that doesn't bother our MC, I refuse to believe that being compared to Tommy in an offhand remark would make the slightest dent in his thinking.

Hey guys, any idea how to get this cluck? Chick affinity?

View attachment 1510025
No idea. I couldn't find this one, either:
Cluck_6_photo_only_1481230_FCC6xnkXsAQxopn.jpg

We're gonna have months and months to pull ep. 8 apart and find things we love and maybe hate about it, but I gotta signal boost this post and agree very much with the tl;dr. I really didn't want to come out as negative overall on the episode because make no mistake there are some things that are good, and many things that could potentially be good that we just don't understand fully yet (I'm still not high enough IQ to understand how the path locks are gonna work, eagerly awaiting some big brain takes on it :KEK:) but I have to admit that when I finished the episode I wasn't really happy. This didn't change when I played the other paths either, although I can definitely see how solo Jill and solo Bella players would disagree because their wishes were finally answered for obvious reasons.

As I said I really don't wanna come out as negative on the episode or spoil it for others, and I definitely don't want to get into arguments about how good it was because at the end of the day different people who love different girls will have different opinions and experiences with the game. All that being said, as someone who is mostly concerned with the narrative of the game, I have some very serious issues with how this episode has changed the narrative pacing and the stakes of the story. I feel the LI path locks have come way too early and seemingly in a contrived and arbitrary fashion. I feel DPC has way too many guns on the table and threads to tie up while also introducing more and more cliffhanger bait moments. I feel that the threads that have been resolved do not live up to the impact and hype, like telling Sage about Chad and Troy which results in a few minor scenes and nothing more, despite being the final cliffhanger of episode 7. And lastly, I honestly felt pretty annoyed that the final screen of episode 8 is the Interlude screen with Zoey, which is something similar to finishing Mass Effect 3 and being confronted with a big message from the developer about the upcoming DLC.

So tl;dr I guess go read ename's post because mine is a retread of a lot of that and his tl;dr is better :KEK:
Thanks for reading!

But just to be clear, I don't think locking in LIs has come too early per se; I'd personally been hoping it would happen for a while now. My concern is that locking in LIs is only worth doing if that choice truly means something. If the new relationship is immediately in jeopardy because the MC didn't realize he'd have to keep it in his pants, then the MC is going to look like an asshole and I'm not going to enjoy playing through his antics.

Choosing a LI (for keeps) needs to be the focus of the whole story, not some patch job. Playing through Episode 8, the biggest focus was on partying: both Becky's massive free roam and then on planning the Halloween party. That's pretty much the polar opposite of committing to a steady relationship, so of course the big decision falls flat on its face.

It's not like this is a new problem, either. One of the gigantic problems back in Episode 4 was that the whole episode focused the MC's feelings, how shocked and betrayed he felt about Maya and Josy hiding their relationship from him. But the big climax in the ruined library was focused squarely on getting the two of them back together; the MC's place with them was quite literally an afterthought (leading to the infamous scene of them kissing as he walks away if they reject him). Whatever DPC's intent, if that was going to resolution, the game needed to do focus on the MC's concern about breaking up a relationship rather than just his own hurt feelings (and ideally explain why this didn't bother him previously despite Josy already telling him she had a "boyfriend").

Episode 8 is the same thing all over all, except worse because whatever its faults, Episode 4 at least kept the focus on the M/J revelation. Episode 8 is absolutely business as usual until the MC sits down for breakfast, at which point it suddenly dawns on him that all this time spent dating multiple women could lead to him having to choose between those women. That's not going to cut it, not when he's been so studiously ignoring that rather obvious truth for the last 4 episodes.

What the hell was so special about the recital? As I said before, the MC was down to bang Bella hours after seeing Jill endure Tybalt purely to save the MC; don't tell me he didn't realize the consequences of his behavior until he saw Bella hugging the other girls. And that's the best case scenario. The recital being an instigating event is downright comical in cases like my main run, where even Jill thinks their date was a dud and the MC's "relationship" with Bella was a single drunken kiss. Clearly the MC has already committed to M/J, so why is he even asking Elena for advice?

Look, I've wanted the MC to commit to Maya and Josy since the end of Season 1. I should be loving this. But now that it's here, all I can think about is having to slog through Season 3 before I can finally force the MC to turn down Zoey and commit to M/J again, for really reals this time. I don't know if I'm up for that. IMHO, if that's my response to the "crossroad," something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

well said. i also dont want to come off as a negative nancy, but i think i was slightly disappointed with the episode overall. there were some good things for sure, but im not too excited about future episodes after this one. im worried this was ultimately too many steps back for DPC in terms of narrative pacing, and this is only exacerbated because he takes so long in between updates that if the episode ends up a "flop" it feels like you just lose more than you gain.

also i know that Acting Lessons put him on the map, mainly from the twists that nobody could have predicted (since stuff like that isnt common in this genre of game, nobody had any reason to suspect it would get so grim-dark). but im kinda personally growing tired of the "necessary bombs" DPC thinks we have to have every single time. sometimes it works, but most times it comes of as either contrived or kinda lame (many of them arent even "twists" since id seen them predicted here loooong ago). He doesnt need to be like M. Night and constantly overuse the "crazy twists" angle. every now and then some soap opera moments to heighten the drama are good, but i wish he would just spend some time actually developing our MC and the other characters without just spoonfeeding us development little by little so he can "shock" us with something when he thinks he has the most opportune time.

so i dont have crazy expectations for this game, but sometimes i think about what it could potentially be. idk how much money he makes buts its clearly quite a bit at this point. if he hired a team and could storyboard tons of stuff for other people to be working on simultaneously, imagine what we could get. this is ultimately a dating sim, but its been years and we still know next to nothing about so many of the characters. like just for a dumb example, we just learn Maya and Derek's last name in this episode. for how "realistic" DPC tries to make this with all his attention to little details, it seems dumb that our MC would be having an existential crisis over any of these people when in reality he/we dont even really know them in the slightest.

i just wish we could have more legitimate character development, but i feel like the cast is too big and there just isnt enough time to come close to what we could/should be at. i feel like the scope of this game is maybe too big and idk if he can focus enough to keep it all together, and its worse considering it will be his only project for likely a few more years.
I'm still skeptical hiring a team would be a net positive for this game, but I agree with everything else.

so maybe a stupid question but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ty in advence
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If DPC manages to concretize each choice and add nuances, then season 3 should be the best. As I have already said, the very appearance of Zoya should serve as a kind of trigger for love interests and become a cause of jealousy. So far, it looks like he planned everything in advance. And the interlude being a small episode dedicated to Zoey should tell her backstory so that she is not a random character who will introduce just for the sake of dramatic effect.
I've defended DPC's planning in the past, but I can't anymore. If DPC had done his job properly, Zoey wouldn't need an Interlude to explain her dramatic [sic] return.

Last edited:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Also making Sage Burke and Jade's adopted daughter is another example of DPC making supposedly intelligent characters stupidly opaque so the reveal will be more dramatic. Like Sage says nothing if you potentially punch out Tybalt, who is now supposedly her brother.
She probably hates him as much as everyone.

It was speculated the Burkes or Funny Man Bun guy would be her parents.

I am pretty certain at this point Tybalt is adopted too.

JetLife5423

Aug 19, 2021
It happens to me with all vn with updated rnpy, but they are all false positives.
Good to know, I figured as much because there's quite a large number of people that play this. Would be a lot of personal information getting leaked if it did actually pose a risk in that area.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Episode 8 makes sense, but still saddens me. Why does Isabella's route seem so much harder than the other ones? I feel so bad for Jill after she sees us, and then Jade manages to make me feel bad as well. I figured that we would only get one choice in the end, but it still feels bad nonetheless.
That's what happens if you don't put out :(

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Just got kicked out from Patreon and Discord. I don't even know why... Not a faintest clue. I've been supporting DPC for about two years. I'm clueless and there is no way to ask. I never felt shittier for not being able to donate to someone...
Did they give you a reason? Did you ask why?

Macahan

Sep 29, 2017
This game is fucking strange no problem at all on friday when playing then today my antivirus is screaming like hell :)

Fapmister

Mar 3, 2021
I had 3 saves on different paths (neutral-chick-dik) from ep.7.Loaded one of them wiithout any issues and reached the end of ep.8,but when I try to load one of the other 2 the game crashes...Anyone else had this issue?

Master Duck79

Oct 1, 2019
I'm almost positive the test is his blue haired ex whose name I forgot. Look at the shoes. Then she shows up at his dad's house.
Maybe you're right but for me after seeing who Sage's family is and discovering chad's secret Im positive that we all be wrong at the end I think that its from a girl that wont even comes to our minds

Aferventus

May 16, 2020
Did they give you a reason? Did you ask why?

"Hi,
We're writing to let you know that your pledge to DrPinkCake has been removed.
You won't be charged for any new content thatDrPinkCake posts after this point. If you want to learn more about what you can expect to pay for your support this month, you can find more info .
Your pledge has been removed becauseDrPinkCake has blocked you from their account. This means you won't be able to contact them or become their patron again.
Here are the most common reasons that creators block users on Patreon:
  • taking content without paying for it
  • bullying someone or just making them uncomfortable
  • posting spam or engaging in aggressive promotion
Some of these behaviors are against our , but keep in mind that a creator on Patreon can block someone for any reason, even if that person hasn't broken the Community Guidelines.
Even though you've been blocked by DrPinkCake, you can still continue to use the rest of Patreon to discover other awesome creators, and we hope that you do. Thanks again for all your continued support for creators.
Best,
Patreon Support"

There is no way to contact DPC. I asked a question in the spoilers section, it was even protected not to spoil someone else's fun, some guy helped me and I thanked nicely. I have no idea

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes