Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Okay, I didn't read the replies in this thread, so I'm not sure of the general consensus regarding ep 8, but my personal opinion is that this might be the worst one. Not in terms of content, because there was a lot of good shit going on, but more so regarding the pacing. It seems rushed but also not rushed at the same time if that makes sense. Maybe DPC wanted more focus to go into the free roam area that her forgot other things.

Anyway, that ending... just wanna say I definitely saw that coming. Glad I was right. This game is starting to remind me of Intertwined lmao Also, Jill's mom and MC's mom. Knew it. Surprised MC didn't recognize Jill's house in the background of that pic. Unless I'm tripping and that was a different house.

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
I hope that in the future episodes Dpc will give us an option to cheat. I really cant see my massive dik MC not cheating on Sage if I chose her.

Reactions: p22

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Okay, I didn't read the replies in this thread, so I'm not sure of the general consensus regarding ep 8, but my personal opinion is that this might be the worst one. Not in terms of content, because there was a lot of good shit going on, but more so regarding the pacing. It seems rushed but also not rushed at the same time if that makes sense. Maybe DPC wanted more focus to go into the free roam area that her forgot other things.

Anyway, that ending... just wanna say I definitely saw that coming. Glad I was right. This game is starting to remind me of Intertwined lmao Also, Jill's mom and MC's mom. Knew it. Surprised MC didn't recognize Jill's house in the background of that pic. Unless I'm tripping and that was a different house.
It seems to be a mild consensus that people feel the same way about the episode, personally I wouldn't say episode 8 is the worst but it's definitely not the best.

Once more I will quote ename's great effort post on the subject because not everyone has seen it but they should :Kappa: (y)

I've gone through Episode 8 with several different runs, and I think I've seen just about all there is to see without a guide. Now I need to sort out my thoughts on it.

This was definitely a large update. Yet somehow it feels extremely thin, as though the important parts were diluted by an unrelenting stream of high-gloss filler material. Worse, while several scenes were quite nice in and of themselves, the overall character/story progression was handled surprisingly gracelessly.

BaDIK hasn't felt this railroaded since Episode 4. Far too many of our choices were ignored or neutered, seemingly for no reason beyond a lack of imagination by DPC. The titular "crossroads" in the MC's relationships comes not as a natural result of our choices, nor even as the result of an external crisis a la Josy's arrival at the end of Episode 3. No, this crossroad is literally because the MC woke up one day and decided dating multiple girls was unworkable no matter what had been said before. The episode then abruptly ends before the MC can actually implement his decision, meaning there's a high likelihood we're going to be stuck doing this dance all over again as Season 3 unfolds.

As a result, my enthusiasm for Season 3 has diminished significantly. It feels like we're going to be stuck in endless loops as the main story is advanced drip by tiny drip. I've long wanted the MC to be able to commit to a single relationship, but that was always with the assumption that the game would branch sufficiently to reflect those differences. Between the ham-fisted "crossroads" and the revelations in the closing montage, I don't think that's going to happen anymore, and the rate at which it fails to happen is going to be glacially slow. That's not going to sit well as we wait 6+ months for the next installment to clean up this mess.

So yeah, overall I'm pretty down on Episode 8, and the game as a whole. Now let's look at the details, which means spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr Despite a lot of fun aspects, Episode 8 overall feels like a big step in the wrong direction and I'm no longer eager to play Season 3.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
I've gone through Episode 8 with several different runs, and I think I've seen just about all there is to see without a guide. Now I need to sort out my thoughts on it.

This was definitely a large update. Yet somehow it feels extremely thin, as though the important parts were diluted by an unrelenting stream of high-gloss filler material. Worse, while several scenes were quite nice in and of themselves, the overall character/story progression was handled surprisingly gracelessly.

BaDIK hasn't felt this railroaded since Episode 4. Far too many of our choices were ignored or neutered, seemingly for no reason beyond a lack of imagination by DPC. The titular "crossroads" in the MC's relationships comes not as a natural result of our choices, nor even as the result of an external crisis a la Josy's arrival at the end of Episode 3. No, this crossroad is literally because the MC woke up one day and decided dating multiple girls was unworkable no matter what had been said before. The episode then abruptly ends before the MC can actually implement his decision, meaning there's a high likelihood we're going to be stuck doing this dance all over again as Season 3 unfolds.

As a result, my enthusiasm for Season 3 has diminished significantly. It feels like we're going to be stuck in endless loops as the main story is advanced drip by tiny drip. I've long wanted the MC to be able to commit to a single relationship, but that was always with the assumption that the game would branch sufficiently to reflect those differences. Between the ham-fisted "crossroads" and the revelations in the closing montage, I don't think that's going to happen anymore, and the rate at which it fails to happen is going to be glacially slow. That's not going to sit well as we wait 6+ months for the next installment to clean up this mess.

So yeah, overall I'm pretty down on Episode 8, and the game as a whole. Now let's look at the details, which means spoilers.

tl;dr Despite a lot of fun aspects, Episode 8 overall feels like a big step in the wrong direction and I'm no longer eager to play Season 3.
Very well said! Pretty much summed up my exact thoughts

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
For sure, Lily's scenes were so amazing in this episode. Her interactions with MC, her facial expressions, and also how much she cares about MC.
She is definitely one of my favorite characters.
I've run out of reactions for today but you'll get my love heart tomorrow bro :KEK: Lily was fantastic this episode, and so was Nicole. Nicole's obvious affection towards the MC is absolutely pitch perfect, it's really like she's in love and doting on him like a newlywed, really fun and exciting to see in comparison to a lot of the less mature, younger and more awkward romances in the game. As for Lily, it was surprising that she's being used as an opportunity for the MC to show a bit of chivalry by defending her from that drunk asshole, and even more surprising was the fact that Lily seemed to love and even reward it. I'm super excited to see more of them.

Gnarlywonder

Aug 19, 2021
People who want bella one day your gonna end up a fucking cuck crying

People who want jill one day(actually if you did chick route) gonna end up a fucking simp

People who want sage. One day shes gonna leave your ass because she gonna graduate.

People who want quinn riona and lily is for the win because they are underdogs
I cant be convinced otherwise dont even try, i will still stick by my thoughts sitting in a corner rocking back and forth in the fetal position fapping

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
This is the sign that Josy is in love with the MC just look at that beautiful face and those eyes
and what elena says when she and john boy are whispering after seeing fuckface and jo-jo
"you should hear the way she talks about him or how she shines up when he's mentioned"

josy at this party is just fucking wow
these scenes are beautiful if you're a josy fan. and I'm starting to be one.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017

many of us feel the same way

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I feel like I've seen that necklace before...
cause every second girl in every second VN using renpy is wearing it :D dont read to much into it... this is a very common necklace desing in the VNs around here... but there are some unique ones in the game too, not this though...

Reactions: wiwem71072

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Great catch, I wish she'd been in Tybalt's presentation so she could have seen my MC's mammoth dong in hi-def :KEK: I dunno what it is about Jill's mom but she's definitely getting the D first opportunity.
Nope. That's not Jill's mom: that's Carla, Jill's friend. You saw the whole bunch of Jill's friends at dinner with MC.

You saw Jill's mom in a flashback with Jill's sister and in that photo with Lynette.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Thank you for your answer, another thing, can i still use the save file in my 7.2 version for the total new 8.1 one?
You can, but if you were doing any cheating in your old saves, make sure you apply the cheat fix or hook up with Scrappy's walkthrough mod.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes