Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
No, we didn't.
We had 2 paths with hooked variables. Go open the Ren'Py before making yourself look foolish.
What ever programing contortions DPC went through, it FEELS like each of the main LI's has their own path through the episode.

I'm guessing you're younger than I am, so I'm gonna play the crotchety old fart here and tell you what I'm constantly trying to tell my nephew - life is more fun when you enjoy entertainment and works of art for what they are, rather than complaining about what you had hoped they would be. Seriously. Complain less, enjoy more. Life's way better that way. You might even get laid, too, cause women like guys who have fun.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
What ever programing contortions DPC went through, it FEELS like each of the main LI's has their own path through the episode.

I'm guessing you're younger than I am, so I'm gonna play the crotchety old fart here and tell you what I'm constantly trying to tell my nephew - life is more fun when you enjoy entertainment and works of art for what they are, rather than complaining about what you had hoped they would be. Seriously. Complain less, enjoy more. Life's way better that way. You might even get laid, too, cause women like guys who have fun.
Nope I am afraid I am willing to bet I am much older my friend. I am a retired rocket scientist lol. For Real. Sadly got out before Elon got rolling or I might still be there. I am an old man. Kids, Grandkids, 2 ex wives, 1 current wife, 1000 Ren'Py girlfriends. Oh and I am not complaining. I am simply saying that we are coming to the end, enjoy it while it lasts and move on to the next game.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That is why this episode we exercise with every girl .. all their moves ... all their strengths.
Looking forward to smash that bastard Caleb in the next episodes as the MC is currently being serious doing some training for that.
That clown had no chance! Ever!

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Nope I am afraid I am willing to bet I am much older my friend. I am a retired rocket scientist lol. For Real. Sadly got out before Elon got rolling or I might still be there. I am an old man. Kids, Grandkids, 2 ex wives, 1 current wife, 1000 Ren'Py girlfriends. Oh and I am not complaining. I am simply saying that we are coming to the end, enjoy it while it lasts and move on to the next game.
Dude's is making at least $30,000 a month from this game, gross. Why the hell would he want to quit? He's got plenty of story left to tell.

Nah, he'll finish out this game as he has it envisioned, and probably make smaller stuff from now on.

And even if you're retired, the advice is still good. Enjoying things is fun.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
I think that's a wise outlook. Nonetheless, you you have my deepest sympathies.
It was an outlook that took a while to develop, but I'm thankful that it eventually came. Thank you very much for the sympathies, bro. I appreciate it.

Given just how down Jill was on her own sexuality, I don't think anything happened between her and Bella and/or James. But it's hard to guess what DID happen in the face of so little evidence. What do we actually know about Bella and her marriage?

• We know Jill knows something about what happened, but she considers it private information that would be a breach of Bella's trust to share.
  • Bella has a locked room in her house (and Jill knows nothing about it)
  • We know from Bella's inner monologues that both she and James did something that could merit forgiveness.
  • It's strongly implied that Bella was inappropriately intimate with a friend at one point, but put a stop to it
  • We know that Bella hates adultery and almost freaks out when she first spends the night with the MC, but seems calmed when she realizes she feels more than just lust towards him; this implies that a) she sees adultery as purely driven by lust, b) she was not an adulterer before fooling around with the MC
  • Bella was wild in her youth, but that apparently changed sometime after her wedding
  • Young Bella only found one guy to fall for (but might pursued multiples if she'd found them)
  • Modern day Bella clings to her marriage (until the MC wears her down) despite James being absent
  • Bella wants the MC to commit to her before she's ready to become his lover for real
I don't see any plausible scenarios that can easily connect all those dots. My best guess at the moment is that Bella fooled around a lot in her youth, but she consciously put a lid on her libido. This strained and ultimately broke the marriage since James liked her uninhibited side. Bella regretted her inaction, but with James gone she had no choice but to bottle her up libido even further... until the MC came along.

That ties in with a lot of the points, but it doesn't explained the locked room and it's pure speculation that Bella's attitude towards sex would change so drastically after marriage. In the end, I'm just guessing wildly, and there are other theories that are just as good.
You're pretty much spot on and when I wrote the original response, I didn't even really take into consideration of Jill's lack of sexual experience. I based my entire theory on the scene after Cathy is consoled my MC at Bella's house when Jill and Bella are sharing a bed. They were arguing over something cryptic and I assumed that something sexual had happened in the past that made Bella uncomfortable sharing a bed with Jill.
As far as Bella goes, I could definitely see Wild Bella calming down after marriage to the point where she completely supresses her sexual urges to the dismay of her husband, however, I'm not really sure if that would warrant a break up though? It seems that during the flashback, there is some sexual chemistry between the two of them but perhaps the environment is what made Bella uncomfortable. There's also a theory that the entire scene was made up in Bella's imagination but I see that as sort of far-fetched and hard to believe. Sure, Bella could very well have some sort of psychosis but I don't see any evidence that supports full blown schizophrenia with hallucinations in her character.
That's just my take on it though. I'll have to finish my full Bella and Jill playthroughs to get a deeper analysis.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Dude's is making at least $30,000 a month from this game, gross. Why the hell would he want to quit? He's got plenty of story left to tell.

Nah, he'll finish out this game as he has it envisioned, and probably make smaller stuff from now on.

And even if you're retired, the advice is still good. Enjoying things is fun.
He makes a lot more than 30k a month. Money is not everything. He is burned out on this. He has another story he wants to start, a Medieval one.

He is big time now. He can count on patrons following him. Money won't change. Better to go out when he is still a bit motivated on BADIK than to drag himself down grinding it out 7-9 months at a time. He won't hire help. He is OCD style perfection on his renders, and while they are 99% of the best there is, there are a couple of slips starting to creep in.
He can't keep up the pace, and yes, regardless of what the bois on here say, the workload just increased with this last chapter.
So 1-2 more tops, then new game time.
I am enjoying life.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Nope I am afraid I am willing to bet I am much older my friend. I am a retired rocket scientist lol. For Real. Sadly got out before Elon got rolling or I might still be there. I am an old man. Kids, Grandkids, 2 ex wives, 1 current wife, 1000 Ren'Py girlfriends.
You just made me feel a lot better about being older. I don't know why but I always picture the users on the other side of their monitors as teenagers.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Give me Jill babies come next update.
Give me Bells wedding the one after that.
Give me Jade engagement in the third.
Give me Maya+Josy photo studio cowonership and 1st tripple marriage in the world on 4th.
Give me Quinn rehab in my cuddly deep throbbing arms in the next ...
He makes a lot more than 30k a month. Money is not everything. He is burned out on this. He has another story he wants to start, a Medieval one.

He is big time now. He can count on patrons following him. Money won't change. Better to go out when he is still a bit motivated on BADIK than to drag himself down grinding it out 7-9 months at a time. He won't hire help. He is OCD style perfection on his renders, and while they are 99% of the best there is, there are a couple of slips starting to creep in.
He can't keep up the pace, and yes, regardless of what the bois on here say, the workload just increased with this last chapter.
I am enjoying life.
My dreams could use some realisation.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

I am enjoying life.
There is no reason to believe that the game will end in 1-2 updates. There are too many questions in the game that can be completed in this time. Yes, he is no longer young. And so I think that most likely he will release shorter updates in order to keep within 3-4 years. He sees how much his game is loved and appreciated to finish it so quickly. In any case, you just need to wait for the first news. Hopefully this Friday.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018

I am enjoying life.
I get his OCD - it's pretty much a basic job requirement for what I do for a living - and sustaining it for decades isn't a problem, if you like what you're doing.

It looks like he's gonna get a break for the next update anyway - it looks like we're gonna get a story line about Zoey, which will give him time to create whole new environments, characters, settings, etc. Just the thing for the middle of a big project. And, if it were me, it would be a good place to do a shorter update, since she's not the main character of the game, and he probably just has to give enough of her back story that having her show up will make sense. Sort of like the flash backs at the begining of episodes, but a bit longer. I mean, it's a guess, but it would make sense.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Arigon

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Amateur, I've got way more exes than you do

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020

I am enjoying life.
Hmmm Idk 2 more Episodes seem a bit unrealistic at least imo unless they are both like 20 hours long each there is no way every little plot point will be resolved/explained not to mention every episode introduces new ones also think it would be weird to essentially make a new game with season 3 just for it to be 2 eps some of the rumours back when ep 7 came out was that we are getting 16 to 20 eps in total which 20 seems more likely or at least 18 but of course that's just my opinion

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I get his OCD - it's pretty much a basic job requirement for what I do for a living - and sustaining it for decades isn't a problem, if you like what you're doing.

It looks like he's gonna get a break for the next update anyway - it looks like we're gonna get a story line about Zoey, which will give him time to create whole new environments, characters, settings, etc. Just the thing for the middle of a big project. And, if it were me, it would be a good place to do a shorter update, since she's not the main character of the game, and he probably just has to give enough of her back story that having her show up will make sense. Sort of like the flash backs at the begining of episodes, but a bit longer. I mean, it's a guess, but it would make sense.
I'm not sure, but I think he created all the locations of the campus and it will save him time. We don't know anything about the interlude at all. Obviously, this will be a linear and simple story without transferring saves. Something like a big prologue. I don't think it takes a lot of time to create an interlude.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes