MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Just played the game for the first time this past week and I have to ask - is the dev some sort of telenovelas/soap opera fan?
Because, while the main bulk of the writing is very good, there are just a few too many "twists" and "revelations" that take things into the cheesy zone.
For ex: I was shocked that there was actually a choice in ep. 8; I thought we were going full-speed, no breaks straight for a wall so I was quite pleased by actually having a straight option. But then I played through to the end and nope, there is a wall, it's just a bit further out and more colorful!
Heck, I would not be surprised if it turns out that Jill is MC's sister/cousin/something that makes the relationship wrong or impossible or something. Or maybe someone gets cancer - there is definitely a high chance of cancer
Is this how that other game went? I did not play that one

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Still slowly working through routes, but I wanted to leave another quick commentary.

With each new episode, DPC improves on his renders and animations. Some advances are more subtle, and some catch my eye quicker than others (Case in point).

That being said, I thought the facial animation of the inevitable return of a certain someone was absolutely fantastic:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Speaking of her return...

Ride the poonani ! :KEK:

Reactions: OFT

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
What nonsense. Sage and MС have the healthiest relationship. Sage admitted that she appreciates Tremolo as a friend and would not want to lose him by starting dating. There is no romantic connection stronger than the love of a friend of friends. Sage doesn't care who you are dik, neutral or chick. She treats you equally well. She is the person with whom you can talk about any bullshit and be yourself. If you have been through it carefully, it is clear that their relationship is slowly developing. For Sage, this is unusual and she wants to be a good girlfriend, so she thinks for 20 minutes that she want to write to Tremolo.
And she's totally wild in bed. This is a nice bonus. It is much more comfortable to learn the limits and experiment with her than with any other of the main girls.
1) Bella is also a good option, but she is too old. The difference of 12-13 years may be in the first times and will not be felt, but if we are talking about long-term relationships, then these relationships have no future. When your boyfriend is 30, and you're already over 50 and you don't want to have sex anymore...I think everyone understands.
2) Maya and Josie are good, but unfortunately in the game we can't evaluate them in solo ways yet. In Maya's solo journey of the first season, she was sweet, kind and funny. But as soon as Josie arrived, she became too fixated.
3) Jill is rich, spoiled and stupid. In the long run, she can become a good wife who you can constantly cheat, but I just don't like her.
4) Quinn is a fucking uncontrollable tsundere. She can become a Daenerys in the new seasons and calmly start killing right and left, you don't know what to expect from her. Either you'll die of an overdose with her, or Vinnie or an ordinary policeman will shoot you. Her line is interesting, she's cool and unusual, but, lol, she's just inadequate.
mate, i agree with most of you said
but like i said in a previous post, i think this episode was kinda rushed, having to choose someone for a serious relationship when MC didnt have like a proper date with most of them. sage only started to open up more in the last couple of episodes.
with bella, jill, maya and josy, MC already have a lot of history, they already vent a lot, shared a lot.
sage was basically sex sex sex, chad stuff and lately she started to opened up.
dont get me wrong, i think a relationship with sage would be very nice and healthy but what im trying to say is that their relationship wasnt developed enough to become like the favorite

So everyone used to get so mad at those of us speculating that Jill was the MC's mom's sister... Looks like ep. 8 adds some fuel to that fire...

i honestly dont understand why people continues that conspiracy theory
there is a picture of jill sister (and bella) in jill's bed and we can cleary see thats not lynnete (and if it was mc would notice not?)
theres also the flashback where jill's sister climbs the balcony
also the timelines dont match, jill's sister climbs that balcony when jill was like 10-12 idk and jill is like 2 years older than MC...

NonChalantly

Feb 4, 2018
HI everyone!

I don't know if someone's going to answer but I'm curious if it's known how many episodes Being a DIK will have, I've played periodically and it's the same with the thread I've read it from time to time, so, I don't know if anyone knows. Maybe Doc hasn't even told the amount of episodes or seasons, anyways it's just plaint curiosity.

If someone answers (wheter it's the amount or just no one know I'll appreciat it) thanks a lot!

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
mate, i agree with most of you said
but like i said in a previous post, i think this episode was kinda rushed, having to choose someone for a serious relationship when MC didnt have like a proper date with most of them. sage only started to open up more in the last couple of episodes.
with bella, jill, maya and josy, MC already have a lot of history, they already vent a lot, shared a lot.
sage was basically sex sex sex, chad stuff and lately she started to opened up.
dont get me wrong, i think a relationship with sage would be very nice and healthy but what im trying to say is that their relationship wasnt developed enough to become like the favorite

i honestly dont understand why people continues that conspiracy theory
there is a picture of jill sister (and bella) in jill's bed and we can cleary see thats not lynnete (and if it was mc would notice not?)
theres also the flashback where jill's sister climbs the balcony
also the timelines dont match, jill's sister climbs that balcony when jill was like 10-12 idk and jill is like 2 years older than MC...
To pour some incendiary on this theory here's mine ! Jill is ultra super secretly MC's mom ! Why ? Because Stone Cold said so ! ... makes just as much sense as the claim itself innit ?! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
If someone answers (wheter it's the amount or just no one know I'll appreciat it) thanks a lot!
No1 knows ! And it is hinted in the game that it consists of 16 chapters ! Could be more could be less... if you have an all knowing crystal ball NOW it would come in handy :LOL:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I figured man bun guy would have been Sage's father if she wasn't a Burke. I wonder who's funny man bun guys daughter. I would laugh so hard if funny man bun guys daughter is Jill.

Last edited:

tg

May 1, 2017
I really wish the Madame Rose scenes had been done by Tania or someone.

I still don't know why DrPC had to make her skin so mottled. It's not in any way sexy for me to view those scenes. Does anyone like them? And, how many decided to call her Mommy instead of Madame?

Reactions: Journey95

snoopide

Mar 10, 2019
Question about Jade: I'm on total DIK path and had a good thing going with Jade, as well as Sage, Quinn and Bella. When it comes to the decision of who to choose, I could only choose between Sage and Bella. I use the mod so I got both, but why did I have to break up with Jade? I need my mommy...

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Just need to check something. Probably allready discussed but try to find something now while the site is messed up.

In my playthrough (Maya/Josy neutral) Maya told me i could come inside (classroom scene) but when you look it up in the scenegalery you won't since she tells you she is going to get contraceptive later on.
Is it just me or did someone else had the same? Something in the storyline i missed perhaps?

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Just need to check something. Probably allready discussed but try to find something now while the site is messed up.

In my playthrough (Maya/Josy neutral) Maya told me i could come inside (classroom scene) but when you look it up in the scenegalery you won't since she tells you she is going to get contraceptive later on.
Is it just me or did someone else had the same? Something in the storyline i missed perhaps?
There are 2 versions of that scene ( not optional ! ) according how you played ! ;)

Reactions: Klopdwerg

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
well mates, i just finished ep8 im feeling mixed feelings

first, i was spoiled about the big revelation in the end because a lot of people dont know or dont care about using spoilers but oh well, maybe its me who shouldnt came here without finishing the episode. besides that, its kinda stupid MC dont recognize jade's house when he already fucked her in there

second, i felt like this episode was kinda "rushed". i mean the MC has been fucking every girl for 7 episodes and suddenly you have to choose one and ditch all the others... it didnt feel natural and if we look closely, we didnt had any dates with sage, we had one bad date with bella... i think it was too soon to make such an important decision. also, ditching jade by text it feels kinda lazy.

third, im still pissed i couldn't choose jill. i mean, i gave her a lot of attention, i choosed her over sage, helped her in the recital, fight for her and for nothing. i dont get it to be honest. welp, all i can do now is start a new pt and make the "right" choices

edit: one more thing i always wondered. we cant do anything with cathy right? only in swyper?
Not really... About the Jade House, remember that the mc used the entrance from car parking area, not front of the building. So it makes sense to doesn't know the entrance.
About the choices from the end, up to this moment I had one run where I was "forced" to choose between Bella, Sage and M&J... So far if you choose Bella you close your path with Sage and vice-versa. But, the path with M&J is still open until the end of episode because the MC is waiting for his moment to break the ice. In my opinion, this choices are made to confuse players and to close just one or two paths... Exactly when you are forced to choose between M&J or Jade and Cathy or Bella... I'm still on another run with other choices but I didn't reached yet the end of the episode to see how are the choices.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
About Jill. It is not because we refuse a date with her that the relationship ends (she is not happy, and boom it's over). This is because during this date things happen that bring the two together (for example the MC talking about his mother).

To make an analogy with the relation point system (I don't know if it's coded like this or not, I'm saying this to illustrate). We lose a point by refusing to go with her, but it is not this point that we miss at the end, it is the 5 points that we do not gain
during the date.

As for the end of the game. He won't do the same shot from AL again, but don't expect a happy ending for everyone either. If the MC doesn't behave like a big asshole with his LI (from Episode 9), there should be a happy ending (at least about the MC's love life). On the other hand, the other characters, some will suffer.

For example, I can't imagine a happy ending with Quinn. Or if she is spared, others will suffer in her place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meushi

megaloser

May 29, 2018
Not really... About the Jade House, remember that the mc used the entrance from car parking area, not front of the building. So it makes sense to doesn't know the entrance.
About the choices from the end, up to this moment I had one run where I was "forced" to choose between Bella, Sage and M&J... So far if you choose Bella you close your path with Sage and vice-versa. But, the path with M&J is still open until the end of episode because the MC is waiting for his moment to break the ice. In my opinion, this choices are made to confuse players and to close just one or two paths... Exactly when you are forced to choose between M&J or Jade and Cathy or Bella... I'm still on another run with other choices but I didn't reached yet the end of the episode to see how are the choices.
You actually could be going out with all 5 girls by the time you have to choose and have all 5 as options (still have to pick 1 though, no more harem) if you start by making chick choices and slowly go neutral by making smart decisions.

NonChalantly

Feb 4, 2018
No1 knows ! And it is hinted in the game that it consists of 16 chapters ! Could be more could be less... if you have an all knowing crystal ball NOW it would come in handy :LOL:
Aaaaaa!!! Well I hope it's 16 or more, honestly I hope for more than (probably) 16 cuz I enjoy this game a lot!

Thank you so much for repliying

Reactions: sixart

RANGEL1455

May 8, 2021
Anyone else having this release or Ren'Py SDK 7.4.10 not working on macOS? It just crashes to Desktop without warning. Maybe one bounce in the Dock. I can't even load the game folder because the SDK crashes the same way too. I'm on 11.6.1 (for now, might try Monterey to see if it resolves anything about this).
I downloaded v 0.8 and it doesn't work on my Mac (macOS Monterey), I thought it might be something wrong with the game files but to my surprise now I can't even open the previous version that I used to play (v.0.7.2 I think), so I'm guessing it might be something with iOS update... Have you solved your issue?

RANGEL1455

May 8, 2021
Try opening the executable directly. Right click the app, show package contents and go to /contents/MacOs. The file you are looking for is called BeingADIK. Opening should launch the Terminal which in it's turn should launch the game. If another program opens (such as Texteditor) the executable is missing the execute permission.
I've tried this with the new version but after the terminal icon bounces a few times it crashes without warning message. Now it's also happening with the older version of BAD, could it be something related to the new iOS Monterey? A month ago I still could play the older version without any issue.

EDIT: After trying to open the older version through terminal several times this is what I got:

Code:
Air-de-Rangel:~ Rangel$ /Users/Rangel/Downloads/BeingADIK.app/Contents/MacOS/BeingADIK ; exit;
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
ImportError: No module named site
logout

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
I really wish the Madame Rose scenes had been done by Tania or someone.

I still don't know why DrPC had to make her skin so mottled. It's not in any way sexy for me to view those scenes. Does anyone like them? And, how many decided to call her Mommy instead of Madame?
Madame is probably the least popular girl of the game, the time spend on her could be given to other much better side girls

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes