CarlFoutley

Dec 1, 2017
:rolleyes:. read the Changelog.
Whats with these lazy newbie questions, come on :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Calm your ass down i just asked a question. i don't have to spend my whole life here just to become pro like your majesty.
I thought the Changelog for updates of the the game only. Whats with these overstater mites:confused:

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Calm your ass down i just asked a question. i don't have to spend my whole life here just to become pro like your majesty.
I thought the Changelog for updates of the the game only. Whats with these overstater mites:confused:
Cut this passive aggressive bullshit,
v0.8.2 Update Patch - What the fuck you thinks this means ? it's in the goddamn name Update Patch.
I think what you wanted to write is , Thanks for the answer I was lazy, thx for not ignoring my comment.
Your welcome. but do better next time (y)
but I have to admit, the sound of Majesty, feels good. :giggle::D. MajestyChip or ChipMajesty ?! :unsure:. - Guys, from now, My title is either one of these :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I am quite optimistic about this game, although I do have some criticisms, some of which are that the characters are not developed enough and that the beat goes round and round (party, romance, sex, then another party). The interlude is, in my view, a good idea to experiment with, and likely to be repeated with other girls, rather than just sticking to short flashbacks.

There is nothing worse to kill a project than to dictate to the creator how he should compose the writing; supporting a project is not taking ownership. I can't imagine the amount of negative feedback Dr PinkCake would have received if he had first announced that his new game was going to deal with the sexual orientation question.

And even if this interlude is a failure, which is not yet proven, what do we lose, we players? Are four months of development in a game that will take years to be completed such a huge delay? Concerns about the interlude are fine, but to prejudge it and dramatize the consequences seems excessive to me; I trust Dr PinkCake's ability to learn from his mistakes.
A four month delay is certainly annoying if the end product falls flat, but I agree it's not the end of the world. That said, IMHO the real risk with the Interlude isn't the time it takes, it's the structural damage it could do to the story.

To me, Season 2 felt like it stalled too many paths trying to set up the crossroads. I didn't much care for that, but now that it's finally done I expect the game to move on and finally explore the MC's new relationship (or his confirmed bachelorhood if you picked Others). If the Interlude disrupts that and we're stuck in yet another holding pattern as we develop Zoey and have her tie up the new branches so the MC can angst over the commitment all over again, that's a serious problem.

Obviously there's no guarantee the Interlude will do that; we should keep an open mind. But this isn't a risk free endeavor. DPC is trying something very difficult to pull off, which means charging blindly on and ignoring feedback is likely to end badly. And if there's one thing I worry about with DPC it's that he is absolutely the last guy to learn from his mistakes; he's far, far more likely to block out any dissent and double down. The validity of that dissent is immaterial to him.

Sure, writing by committee is a terrible idea. But a lone author convinced he can do no wrong is at least as bad. There aren't any ironclad solutions here. As Maya would say:
Maya_situational_1.jpg Maya_situational_2.jpg Maya_situational_3.jpg
My concern about the Interlude isn't because it's an inherently bad idea, it's because I feel like DPC is staking the future of the game on something that plays to his weaknesses as a writer, not his strengths. That's not a bet I'd want to make. We're stuck with it now, though, so we just have to hope he rolls a natural 20.

OK, here's a question for everyone. If you had known before you ever played BaDIK that it could take nine to eleven years to complete, would you have still played the game?
It was the heart of the COVID lockdown, so yeah, I'd probably have started anyway. :D

If you want a serious answer, I'm willing to accept the risks of a long development time if the product has the ambition and quality necessary to justify that time. BaDIK does. That doesn't mean I won't worry about DPC screwing up along the way, but that risk is inherent in any project. The bigger the stakes, the bigger the risk.

I'll just give you a like to end that conversation (Omicron has me with a fever and I need to rest for a while)
Get better soon, AC! I'll try to lay off Zoey until you're up to speed again. ;)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
OK, here's a question for everyone. If you had known before you ever played BaDIK that it could take nine to eleven years to complete, would you have still played the game?
The only issue I see is if the game stops being fun.

If, in 9 to 11 years you have lost interest in playing AVNs, you may look back and decide playing all these games was a waste of time.

But if you’re still enjoying this form of entertainment, what does it matter if you’re playing only new games every year, or if some of them keep on going?

Like a good TV show, sometimes you just don’t want it to end, as long as it still remains good.

BaDIK is the one game that keeps me coming back here. Stumbled onto this site because of COVID. Stayed because of BaDIK.

All the other games here are just filling in the time between BaDIK episodes. Once this game end, I don’t think I’ll be visiting here anymore.

CarlFoutley

Dec 1, 2017
Cut this passive aggressive bullshit,
v0.8.2 Update Patch - What the fuck you thinks this means ? it's in the goddamn name Update Patch.
I think what you wanted to write is , Thanks for the answer I was lazy, thx for not ignoring my comment.
Your welcome. but do better next time (y)
but I have to admit, the sound of Majesty, feels good. :giggle::D. MajestyChip or ChipMajesty ?! :unsure:. - Guys, from now, My title is either one of these :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well, to be honest, I should've realized it from the name... i believe you're like a dog with two tails now.

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Once this game end, I don’t think I’ll be visiting here anymore.
That's going to be the end of a fucking era. Actually Milfy City was the reason I created this account, that was the time before ScamStor started scamming people. And I've heard about AL and DPC, but never played the completed game, like I tried it when it was like 0.2 or 0.3 and decided it's not for me and that was it.

But then people started talking about BaDIK and I decided to check it out and here it was you, Holy Bacchus, ename, Felice, Kellermann, Casmyr and some other guys discussing something at the time and I was like "Wow, this is actually nice."

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
That's going to be the end of a fucking era. Actually Milfy City was the reason I created this account, that was the time before ScamStor started scamming people. And I've heard about AL and DPC, but never played the completed game, like I tried it when it was like 0.2 or 0.3 and decided it's not for me and that was it.

But then people started talking about BaDIK and I decided to check it out and here it was you, Holy Bacchus, ename, Felice, Kellermann, Casmyr and some other guys discussing something at the time and I was like "Wow, this is actually nice."
Given our history, I'm very hurt, that My name is not included there:cry:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
The only issue I see is if the game stops being fun.

If, in 9 to 11 years you have lost interest in playing AVNs, you may look back and decide playing all these games was a waste of time.

But if you’re still enjoying this form of entertainment, what does it matter if you’re playing only new games every year, or if some of them keep on going?

Like a good TV show, sometimes you just don’t want it to end, as long as it still remains good.

BaDIK is the one game that keeps me coming back here. Stumbled onto this site because of COVID. Stayed because of BaDIK.

All the other games here are just filling in the time between BaDIK episodes. Once this game end, I don’t think I’ll be visiting here anymore.
There have been some individual games for me that when an update finally came, I realized I wasn't interested in it anymore. That only happens when a game isn't really all that "deep" story or character-wise. B.A.D. and some others I'd still be interested in if the updates were once a year, because the story is strong and I've got some investment in the characters. Would I prefer an update per month with the same amount of content?....sure....but I'm not holding my breath :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: shazba

mindern

Jul 7, 2017

I was bored and more than a little drunk and started reading this thread from the start. Didn't get very far but it's interesting enough to see how the conversation changed. You can almost "define" it per 1000 pages. A bit like eras in history.

Go back to around 1000 pages BC (Before ChipLecsap) and you've got a lot less vitriol for Maya/Josy... But suddenly their "cheating" was a massive deal. We've got our very own "dark ages" where the conversation is choppy after the fall of the Holy Bacchus Empire and the purge by the powers-that-be removing a solid few thousand pages (BaDIK was about to overtake Milfy City before it was purged of comments). Art flourished in the Fan-art renaissance with signatures for all. That's weirdly died down?

The Incestual Revolution where everyone was convinced Jill was MC's aunt. Maya's Loan War I and II. Age of Dalli's Enlightenment... Futa-Jill, Evil Josy Twins, J.A.L's Cold War on Liberal Media. We've had some strange times and we're only half way.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I was bored and more than a little drunk and started reading this thread from the start. Didn't get very far but it's interesting enough to see how the conversation changed. You can almost "define" it per 1000 pages. A bit like eras in history.

Go back to around 1000 pages BC (Before ChipLecsap) and you've got a lot less vitriol for Maya/Josy... But suddenly their "cheating" was a massive deal. We've got our very own "dark ages" where the conversation is choppy after the fall of the Holy Bacchus Empire and the purge by the powers-that-be removing a solid few thousand pages (BaDIK was about to overtake Milfy City before it was purged of comments). Art flourished in the Fan-art renaissance with signatures for all. That's weirdly died down?

The Incestual Revolution where everyone was convinced Jill was MC's aunt. Maya's Loan War I and II. Age of Dalli's Enlightenment... Futa-Jill, Evil Josy Twins, J.A.L's Cold War on Liberal Media. We've had some strange times and we're only half way.
You forgot the "Quinn deserves to die/go to prison vs She doesn't, it's because of the enviroment she grew up in" war, in which amazingly, neither side presented valid arguments.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
the game crashes at the level of episode 8 after talking to Rusty in your room .Is this normal?
No, if it was common there should be a fix by now. I expect it's from a mod or maybe even some corrupt file from download. But without a log it's hard to say what exactly is wrong. See if you can find the backlog in your BaDik folder and copy it here, usually there's some clever people around that know enough about renpy to give a solution.

Reactions: Ahrimy

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Anyone having problem with cancel Jade quest ? - i click phone message but wont write anything ?
Kinda loved having Mom Son Roleplay with her :love:(y)
This quest is available after choosing Jill or Isabella (Isabella Sex is Hot + Morning sex (y) )
Wish Choices could be given in the end of Game now Sucks :confused:

• Angry
Reactions: Assari

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
You forgot the "Quinn deserves to die/go to prison vs She doesn't, it's because of the enviroment she grew up in" war, in which amazingly, neither side presented valid arguments.
So one is gonna mention the constant Jill pics spamming era ? Big Money Cas and the puzzle games ? The rise of Warscared Dalli's theoretical father ? :illuminati:

And there was a time, not so long after EP 4 release, when some heathens ( especially one I won't name ) used to claim that the Goddess KRJ would be nothing more than a One-time character. :Kappa:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes