lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I agree with you 100%.

What did the MC say to Sage in EP1? That he hasn't made any friends yet, and Sage replied that sucks. I see Sage, Jill and Isabella as the best friends for the MC.

Sage: The MC helps Sage by giving her what she doesn't have. There is no one in the BaDIK world, other than the MC, who really listens to Sage and responds to her needs. She returns the favor by introducing him to college life.

Jill: She helps the MC so Tybalt doesn't sue him, and he helps her fulfill her dream. Jill herself says she'll never forget it.

Isabella: She's like a mother to the MC. Now that's not to say she's his mother. But that's exactly what they both need. MC experiences what it would have been like to have a mother, and Isabella experiences what it is like to have a son.

With these three good friends, MC will do well in college because he has advocates in all areas of the college.
I second this. I really love more than i thought the friendship that MC can build with Jill and Bella when we don't pursue them. And now is time our good friend Jill Royce introduce MC to her old friend Bianca after she be curious about the guy who save Jill's recital :devilish:

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
I agree with you 100%.

What did the MC say to Sage in EP1? That he hasn't made any friends yet, and Sage replied that sucks. I see Sage, Jill and Isabella as the best friends for the MC.

Sage: The MC helps Sage by giving her what she doesn't have. There is no one in the BaDIK world, other than the MC, who really listens to Sage and responds to her needs. She returns the favor by introducing him to college life.

Jill: She helps the MC so Tybalt doesn't sue him, and he helps her fulfill her dream. Jill herself says she'll never forget it.

Isabella: She's like a mother to the MC. Now that's not to say she's his mother. But that's exactly what they both need. MC experiences what it would have been like to have a mother, and Isabella experiences what it is like to have a son.

With these three good friends, MC will do well in college because he has advocates in all areas of the college.
Couldn't agree more Dalli.
Sure was flabergasted there was no famous theory following up.

For Sage MC is filling in the spots she missed from her youth, showing no emotions and feelings. Also his honesty and directness (and most likely his footlong) is charming her. If you not choose her path she is literaly throwing herself to you more then once.

I think for Jill it starts with the fact that MC doesn't befriend her for who she is (not knowing she is a Royce) but rather for her personality.

And Bella.... well nothing more to add besides being a mother for MC he also gets her out of the dark spot she is in.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I think for Jill it starts with the fact that MC doesn't befriend her for who she is (not knowing she is a Royce) but rather for her personality.
what personality? no personality does not equate to a kind of personality does it? except for advanced Buddhist monk practitioners there are no people like that! be one with the rig-pa, your mind is an ocean and emotions are just the waves... FUCK THERE IS A MASSIVE STORM COMING HOLD TIGHT!

Reactions: dalli_x

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
what personality? no personality does not equate to a kind of personality does it? except for advanced Buddhist monk practitioners there are no people like that! be one with the rig-pa, your mind is an ocean and emotions are just the waves... FUCK THERE IS A MASSIVE STORM COMING HOLD TIGHT!
Wow dude, better lay down that pipe before getting a bad trip.

What i meant is that MC is falling for Jill because she is nice, caring and in his eyes beautifull not for being a Royce like everyone else.
No personality... she sure does but surely you rather go for Chads personality..... :p

27X

Oct 30, 2019
I generally agree. But while DPC isn't an idiot, he does place overmuch value on surprise, IMHO. I don't think he'll take that to lethal proportions this time (at least not for any of the main characters), but I do worry he's going to undermine the strengths of his story in an effort to amp up the drama. I'm not going to panic over that until it happens, however. For now I'm trying to enjoy the positives and keep an open mind about the Interlude.
If he added the right music it might work:

• Haha
Reactions: ename144

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

We are getting closer to the release.

Animations for the Interlude are complete, and beta testing and proofreading will start partly today.

The biggest task during beta testing is to test the save transfer system used to import your Season 1/2 games (Patreon/Steam/GOG).

I wish to work out any kinks before a public release, hoping this will go smoothly.

This release marks the foundation that Season 3 will be built upon, meaning that testing is important and challenging even though the Interlude is shorter than previous episodes.

I'll be able to announce a release date after testing has started and I've gotten a feel for the workload.

It's been different working on the Interlude compared to a standard episode of Being a DIK. I've gotten used to making big episodes that making something shorter felt like a break.

I'm extremely pleased with the content I've produced for it and I've been able to explore completely new things, exclusive to the Interlude. The storytelling has felt natural and even though it's different it still belongs in the game. Creating this actually brought me back to the days of Acting Lessons when episodes were primarily focused on story and emotions.

I can't wait to release it, and I hope you will be as excited about it as I am.

Aside from doing the finishing touches of the Interlude, I've been working on episode 9 this week as well. I've been planning the episode, writing some base structure, and working on art and animations.

I will focus on beta testing in the upcoming week.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
first of all, thanks for the share N7.

Well, so the release will be at a time about expected by everyone, February/March. My bet? In two weeks from now.

Am I looking forward to this? Hm no not that much... of course, its made by DPC, and nearly everything done by him regarding VNs was awesome (didnt liked episode 4 and 7 very much, but compared to other games around here they were still very good, rest was awesome, and beside some flaws and a little bit of a rush here and there, episode 8 was awesome too) so i think this interlude will be entertaining too...

But i just cant care for zoey in any way, and it would be a freaking suprise to me if this would change after the interlude. I cant see anything happen that will make zoey a favorite for me before Josy, Jill, Bella and Maya... MAYBE she can be better than sage (iam only talking about the offical main LIs here, yeah i really like many of the others too, Riona and lily for example) cause Sage is not really my favorite and the whole relationship with her (especially in epsiode 8) is kinda weird and did not function really well. As fuck buddies this could work (iam not a guy for that btw) but getting serious after all that happened? Doesnt seems right to me... so yeah, zoey can maybe beat sage... but even with that... i dont think so.

I dont need this interlude, and i can really do without the zoey comeback completely. But it is what it is, and how Neil reacted to her its now unaivoidable that she will be a big part in the game. There is just no way that she will disappear fast after this comeback and hugging with neil... so i have to deal with her, dont looking forward to this, there is enough going on in BaD, no need for her.

I would prefer if DPC had just worked on episode 9 and we would have get this episode maybe in the summer... but yeah, its the big halloween-party coming up, of course this epsiode will be coming out around that time, october/november... and so that we dont have to wait nearly an entire year for the next BaD content we will get this interlude.

Can it be a good thing? Well sure, and maybe DPC can pull it off that i get to like zoey and want her to be a big part of the game... but i doubt it. There is already so much going on in BaD that even the main LIs doesnt get enough time in the game... this will bug me all the time.

Yeah of course i will play the interlude as soon as possible. But my gut feelings are telling me that i will not like it. Hopefully iam wrong about it, and maybe zoey will have a whole other impact than we all expect... that would be a good thing, i really do hope that she will not cause any trouble for the now build up relationships betweens the girls and MC, i would much prefer that zoey will get a different role than that... if thats the case, i could deal with her i think. If she will be causing forced drama int he relationships, iam gonna puke on the table i think.

Well hopefully the interlude will clear the fog for all of us and we can have a decent look at zoey and what we can expect from her in the future without too much speculation.

But yeah, i'd rather prefer no Zoey and no Interlude for now. But maybe its better than getting this, instead of waiting a whole year for new BaD content.

ana321

Jan 27, 2022
a DIKish MC may have even been publicly humiliated by Jill at the end of the eighth chapter (not like Tybalt, but not much better either), but surely the strong friendship between the two will prevail and allow them to face the mystery of Lynette's photo together!!!
well as a new player i notice something quite interesting. during lawed scene where you brought broken TV to Maya you end up watching Wings of Butterfly and you get a scene where a girl is pointing to the "sky" (you know very well where she is pointing at) and that girl resembles Amelia Royce quite a lot. what if Lynette's and her friends accidentaly met Amelia one day by asking her to take their picture and during conversation Amelia mentions her movie was coming out in cinemas soon and they promise her that they would go and see it. would kinda explain why lynette and her friends wanted to see the movie together and why that picture is placed inside her diary just after she went to see the movie. Would take a twist on usual must be in a family relationship plot, whole mystery explained by random meeting during the summer stroll.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

We are getting closer to the release.

Animations for the Interlude are complete, and beta testing and proofreading will start partly today.

The biggest task during beta testing is to test the save transfer system used to import your Season 1/2 games (Patreon/Steam/GOG).

I wish to work out any kinks before a public release, hoping this will go smoothly.

This release marks the foundation that Season 3 will be built upon, meaning that testing is important and challenging even though the Interlude is shorter than previous episodes.

I'll be able to announce a release date after testing has started and I've gotten a feel for the workload.

It's been different working on the Interlude compared to a standard episode of Being a DIK. I've gotten used to making big episodes that making something shorter felt like a break.

I'm extremely pleased with the content I've produced for it and I've been able to explore completely new things, exclusive to the Interlude. The storytelling has felt natural and even though it's different it still belongs in the game. Creating this actually brought me back to the days of Acting Lessons when episodes were primarily focused on story and emotions.

I can't wait to release it, and I hope you will be as excited about it as I am.

Aside from doing the finishing touches of the Interlude, I've been working on episode 9 this week as well. I've been planning the episode, writing some base structure, and working on art and animations.

I will focus on beta testing in the upcoming week.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Granted this is a shorter release than normal, but it's a little sad we went through the entire development cycle with a single, imprecise render count in all DPC's reports. Let's hope this isn't going to be the trend for Season 3.

At any rate, if DPC is serious about testing the save transfer system and beta testing only began today, my guess is we'll get a release on March 4. If DPC is already relatively confident in the system and testing goes smoothly, we could get an announcement next Wednesday-ish and release on the 25th, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

friendship is the most powerful force in the BADIKverse!!!

a DIKish MC may have even been publicly humiliated by Jill at the end of the eighth chapter (not like Tybalt, but not much better either), but surely the strong friendship between the two will prevail and allow them to face the mystery of Lynette's photo together!!!

think about MC who, after being shamed by Bella for Cathe's panties, still thinks it's appropriate to go to her and get a haircut. because friendship is stronger than anything!

i believe:love:
I don't really think the two situations are all that comparable. Bella calmly and politely told the MC - in private - that she didn't think a relationship between them could work out. She does this after finding clear evidence that the MC was fooling around with other women in a way that strongly suggests he isn't ready to settle down.

Meanwhile a highly emotional Jill publicly breaks up with the MC after he runs across town to save her from her last forced date. Her rationale is that the MC doesn't think about her enough, even though her only evidence for that is (potentially) the MC turning down a surprise birthday picnic because he'd already agreed to help a sick friend that he has no romantic interest in.

Call me crazy, but I don't have a problem with the MC maintaining a friendship with Bella in the former case, whereas I struggle to see how the MC wouldn't be bitter at Jill after the latter. Likewise while Jill is always going to be surprised to find the MC banging Bella, I can see her being more worried about her two friends getting caught if the MC never pursued her seriously. But if the MC made out with Jill as often as possible, went on the picnic, and met her friends only to screw Bella with wild abandon, I don't think Jill should ever want to talk to the MC again.

EDIT:
To be clear, I don't expect DPC to permanently end friendships at this point. I'll be satisfied as long burning bridges results in a significantly different relationship with Jill (or anyone else) for at least a couple episodes. But if it's all water under the bridge and everyone is too busy obsessing over Zoey to care, that will be a problem.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I second this. I really love more than i thought the friendship that MC can build with Jill and Bella when we don't pursue them. And now is time our good friend Jill Royce introduce MC to her old friend Bianca after she be curious about the guy who save Jill's recital :devilish:
She gets to meet him in the romance path. Over sushi.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
... a highly emotional Jill publicly breaks up with the MC after he runs across town to save her from her last forced date. Her rationale is that the MC doesn't think about her enough, even though her only evidence for that is (potentially) the MC turning down a surprise birthday picnic because he'd already agreed to help a sick friend that he has no romantic interest in.

...I struggle to see how the MC wouldn't be bitter at Jill after the latter. Likewise while Jill is always going to be surprised to find the MC banging Bella, I can see her being more worried about her two friends getting caught if the MC never pursued her seriously. But if the MC made out with Jill as often as possible, went on the picnic, and met her friends only to screw Bella with wild abandon, I don't think Jill should ever want to talk to the MC again.
In real life, two of the paths in this game would surely lead to a complete breakup of the friendship with Jill:
  1. Jill being in love with the mc and catching him banging Bella; and
  2. Jill publicly humiliating the mc when she breaks up with him at the restaurant.
#1 is an unacceptable situation. To Jill this just goes to show the mc is no different from all the other dickheads she's had the displeasure of dating in the past. I'd go as far as to say he's even worse. He's fucking her best friend, after all the bullshit lies he fed Jill about falling for her and shit. She would never go back to being a friend with someone like that.

#2 was bullshit. Here's my slightly ranty take on how that all unfolded. No guy with a set of balls would go crawling back to a girl that did that to him, he'd just write her off as a cunt and move on. No way they'd be friends after that shit.

But we already know that the mc passively blamed himself for that public dressing down he received. His lame acceptance:

mc: "I've been thinking about that moment a lot..."​
mc: "In retrospect, I can't say that I blame her."​
mc: "I didn't show enough interest in her or let her know that I was interested."​

So on the flipside, it won't come as a surprise if Jill just accepts that the mc is in love with Bella:

Jill: "At first I was deeply hurt and angry, but I realised I shouldn't stand in between you two if you truly love each other." :rolleyes:

I don't think Jill really matters in the story if the mc were to move on and not be friends with her, I mean there are a few loose ends, but being with Jill doesn't seem to be critical to the plot (not that I have any idea where the plot is headed anyway), but I'd be surprised if she just disappears from his group of friends.

луна

Aug 24, 2021
In real life, two of the paths in this game would surely lead to a complete breakup of the friendship with Jill:
  1. Jill being in love with the mc and catching him banging Bella; and
  2. Jill publicly humiliating the mc when she breaks up with him at the restaurant.
#1 is an unacceptable situation. To Jill this just goes to show the mc is no different from all the other dickheads she's had the displeasure of dating in the past. I'd go as far as to say he's even worse. He's fucking her best friend, after all the bullshit lies he fed Jill about falling for her and shit. She would never go back to being a friend with someone like that.

#2 was bullshit. Here's my slightly ranty take on how that all unfolded. No guy with a set of balls would go crawling back to a girl that did that to him, he'd just write her off as a cunt and move on. No way they'd be friends after that shit.

But we already know that the mc passively blamed himself for that public dressing down he received. His lame acceptance:

mc: "I've been thinking about that moment a lot..."​
mc: "In retrospect, I can't say that I blame her."​
mc: "I didn't show enough interest in her or let her know that I was interested."​

So on the flipside, it won't come as a surprise if Jill just accepts that the mc is in love with Bella:

Jill: "At first I was deeply hurt and angry, but I realised I shouldn't stand in between you two if you truly love each other." :rolleyes:

I don't think Jill really matters in the story if the mc were to move on and not be friends with her, I mean there are a few loose ends, but being with Jill doesn't seem to be critical to the plot (not that I have any idea where the plot is headed anyway), but I'd be surprised if she just disappears from his group of friends.
For me the reason why she rejects MC is that he took care of a girl (Sage), if was Derek or other member of the DIKs, i think she wouldnt rejected him.

Aug 26, 2019
For me the reason why she rejects MC is that he took care of a girl (Sage), if was Derek or other member of the DIKs, i think she wouldnt rejected him.
Well if you go on the picnic date with Jill you'll see that Jill planned on it being the goodbye or an end of things and if you're there on the date you go there and have the talk with Jill and make her realize it's all worth the trouble. And if you reject to go on the date Jill she'll automatically decide that you're not worth it since you weren't there to make her realize that so you'll be rejected.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Well if you go on the picnic date with Jill you'll see that Jill planned on it being the goodbye or an end of things and if you're there on the date you go there and have the talk with Jill and make her realize it's all worth the trouble. And if you reject to go on the date Jill she'll automatically decide that you're not worth it since you weren't there to make her realize that so you'll be rejected.
But then the mc goes on to save her from total fucking humiliation at the concert, at the risk of his own humiliation, and she's like, "Hmm... nah, fuck him, he didn't pay me enough attention".

I don't think you can spin this any way except that Jill is a self absorbed bitch.

Even if the mc does end up with her, she goes on about destiny and all that shit. She even says, "I believe it was destiny that made me lose my sister." Are you fucking joking? Her sister died, for whatever reason, and Jill thinks it's about her destiny.

Like I said, totally self absorbed bitch.

Having said all that...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:p

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
But then the mc goes on to save her from total fucking humiliation at the concert, at the risk of his own humiliation, and she's like, "Hmm... nah, fuck him, he didn't pay me enough attention".

I don't think you can spin this any way except that Jill is a self absorbed bitch.

Even if the mc does end up with her, she goes on about destiny and all that shit. She even says, "I believe it was destiny that made me lose my sister." Are you fucking joking? Her sister died, for whatever reason, and Jill thinks it's about her destiny.

Like I said, totally self absorbed bitch.

Having said all that...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:p
well to be honest, you always spin things so that she is the bitch in your mind... but you ignore so many unselfish things she did/said... she is against bullying in any kind of way, she wanted to help the MC in the first place (and was right in that matter too, the MC was just very stubborn and left her no other choice than to act like she did and go to cathy about the ambush), she is there for cathy, she wanted to protect the MC and for that reason she did the dates with tybalt (of course a big naive thing, but her mindset was to help the MC)

So no she is not entirely a self absorbed bitch... yeah i admit she did/said some things where i rolled with my eyes. But who is perfect? In this game especially no one :D

Jill is pretty much the innocent fairy tale "princess", AND she doesnt know any other world than hers... to grow up in that kind of bubble makes people a little "odd", considering that, Jill is a really sweet girl, and nah... not a self absorbed bitch at all. She is far from perfect, but not a bitch either...

But i get it, you dont like her, thats fine, but you are a little unfair in that matter too i think :D

Hm, really weird how we are talking about fictional characters like they were real... its fun :)

So at least you can forgive her... thats a good thing :D

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes