Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
MC tells Bella she left over a year ago (in september) and they exchanged their last message 6 month ago.
That's the retcon felicemastronzo mentioned (with pictures), it doesn't say 'left over a year ago' anymore, it says 'not long ago'. DPC obviously realised he had problems with the MCs age in the old text. scrappy didn't update that bit, so people using the mod still see the old text.

The second bit was my bad though, but that leaves us at 6-7 months, not 16+ months.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Ty sooo much ur a life savor!!!!!!!!
Awesome song, yet another great choice by DPC to get the right feeling by this scene.
Not much lyrics but they sum up the feeling Zoey has.

Each episode i keep being amazed how DPC finds the music and put the best song which makes that specific scene just way better. Without the music it is just another scene but then DPC adds just the right track and it hits you and makes you never forget that specifi scene and track. Just amazing.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
That's the retcon felicemastronzo mentioned (with pictures), it doesn't say 'left over a year ago' anymore, it says 'not long ago'. DPC obviously realised he had problems with the MCs age in the old text. scrappy didn't update that bit, so people using the mod still see the old text.
Problem is it can't work storywise ; if Zoey leaves start summer break that's the same time MC goes to work with Josy and DPC tells us he's been having a crush on her all that time.... Sure DPC can let her leave in march, but what's with the messages stopping story? DPC changed it to some extended summer vacation where you lost contact with her in less then 3 months and fell in love with Josy filling shelves.... Think ill just keep the scrappy version ;)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
That's probably true.

If you consider all the LIs:
  • Sage would be yelling about something regularly
  • Maya would be making drama out of nothing
  • Jill would be going behind your back trying to solve shit that didn't need solving int he first place and just making matters worse
  • Bella would be just be glowering at you and you'd be like, "What? What the fuck is it now?!"

So yeah, Josy is the best. She's just cool, and fun to be with. But you might want to do the cooking... :rolleyes:
Agreed! And Zoey? Hmmm... :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
6-7 months is too little in my opinion. Zoey after her departure, surfing learned and it harder than she thought. She got several tattoos. All this in just one month if we include the 6 month time span of the Rooster Cluck. Not likely. If it was 10 months, I'd be there.:unsure:(y)
The rooster cluck isn't speaking to the MC though? Wasn't even Zoey that posted it. But you might still be right about the 10 months bit.
Python:
zo "{i}I stopped writing [name] daily after the first few months...{/i}"
zo "{i}He told me about school and what he's been up to.{/i}"
So Zoey was in San Diego a few months before MC graduated high school. So that pushes her departure back to March at least?
Problem is it can't work storywise ; if Zoey leaves start summer break that's the same time MC goes to work with Josy and DPC tells us he's been having a crush on her all that time.... Sure DPC can let her leave in march, but what's with the messages stopping story?
If Ep3 is ~Sep., then 'last spoke 6 months ago' would be ~Mar., and Zoey was in San Diego ~Jan. Which puts me around the 10 months dalli_x suggested.

I wouldn't call 10 months 'not long ago' though, so it's pretty evident DPC needs to do some more retcons to get his timeline straight. MCs turned 19 in ep 6 (~Sep.), so he can't have been fucking Zoey before Sep. of the previous year for DPC to stay inside the 18+ range.
Was there a patch to upgrade version 0.7.2 to version 0.8.0?
There's an .

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

Sheet420

Sep 4, 2016
Interlude was... okay I guess. Story dragged a bit imo.

I would much rather all this effort had been spent developing episode 9. I don't think this was a good idea.

Unless the developer really wanted a break to do something else, I think this was a pretty bad call.

Reactions: hakuna-matata

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Interlude was... okay I guess. Story dragged a bit imo.

I would much rather all this effort had been spent developing episode 9. I don't think this was a good idea.

Unless the developer really wanted a break to do something else, I think this was a pretty bad call.
The interlude was originally part of ep 9 but DPC released it as standalone sooner to reduce the waiting time for the fans.
Just be prepared Zoey will play a big part in coming episode. So he spent his time developing ep9.... This part just didn't bring us the usual cast some of us expected, but DPC been clear about it as soon he told he would release this interlude.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
The mc's "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" and hiding in the bathroom situation most likely go hand in hand, but it really does make me wonder what it's all about.

I mean, anon2323j's post, the mc has a different look on his face depending on how fucked he is, but the critical options are fucking Jade or Sage or both. The remaining option is fucking neither, in which case there should be no issue, but Sage is still screaming at him and he was still melting down at the end of episode 8.

It has to be something unavoidable, so that rules out:
  • Fucking Jade
  • Fucking Jade on video
  • Fucking Jade's daughter (on Jade's son's bed no less)
  • Fucking with Jade's husband (i.e. being rude to him in the library that one time)
  • Fucking with Tybalt's face (i.e. punching him, but you can fantasize about sticking your dick in his face if you want to)
  • Fucking with Tybalt's presentation
  • Fucking absolutely anyone other than Zoey (since you can avoid sex with every character in the game except he's already fucked Zoey)
So like what the fuck is the mc's problem!

The only thing I can think of is that after all the drama of Jill being blackmailed by Tybalt and shit, the mc may be afraid that Tybalt told Jade or Stephen. But Jade doesn't seem to care (I mean she never brings it up when the mc's cock is in her ass).

It's totally got me fucked. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I can't think of anything!

Maybe it's because he's just realised Maya's loan doesn't make any sense and he's too embarrassed to talk to anyone intelligent about it... :unsure:
Thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that Jade could become the main antagonist of MС and the brotherhood in the next season. Burke can be another trap of Pink, whereas the real villain is bitch Jade.
I can imagine a scenario in which Jade will be hostile to you regardless of whether you fucked her or not.
1) You bullied her son Tybalt and humiliated his in front of everyone. Tybalt is a weakling and a coward, but Jade is not like that.
2) Her husband may show signs of attention to Josie and Maya and Jade will not like it.
3) She hates Bella.
4)You rejected her for her daughter Sage. She is an adopted daughter whereas Tybalt is Jade's own son.
We have no reliable data that Burke is anything more than an ordinary Quinn client. The only difference is that instead of money, he gives them grants for free tuition. This makes him a corrupt official, but not a notorious villain.
And somehow all three endings of episode 8/Interlude are connected with the fact that we fucked Jade or not. I don't think it's an accident. On the other hand, Jade can also become a bitter enemy in the way of Others.

shiton32

Sep 29, 2021
Thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that Jade could become the main antagonist of MС and the brotherhood in the next season. Burke can be another trap of Pink, whereas the real villain is bitch Jade.
I can imagine a scenario in which Jade will be hostile to you regardless of whether you fucked her or not.
1) You bullied her son Tybalt and humiliated his in front of everyone. Tybalt is a weakling and a coward, but Jade is not like that.
2) Her husband may show signs of attention to Josie and Maya and Jade will not like it.
3) She hates Bella.
4)You rejected her for her daughter Sage. She is an adopted daughter whereas Tybalt is Jade's own son.
We have no reliable data that Burke is anything more than an ordinary Quinn client. The only difference is that instead of money, he gives them grants for free tuition. This makes him a corrupt official, but not a notorious villain.
And somehow all three endings of episode 8/Interlude are connected with the fact that we fucked Jade or not. I don't think it's an accident. On the other hand, Jade can also become a bitter enemy in the way of Others.
I didn't fuck jade but there was a video where i fuck with her at the end of her dik missions

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
If Ep3 is ~Sep., then 'last spoke 6 months ago' would be ~Mar., and Zoey was in San Diego ~Jan. Which puts me around the 10 months dalli_x suggested.
Making the extra time added the winter months, not the best season to learn to surf, the optimal season would have ended just before the winter months. Nothing a wetsuit can't fix, but still.... weird timing nevertheless.

Reactions: Meushi

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
MC hasn't committed to M+J yet so asking them for a break would be less "cruel" and Sage we've seen that she's been given the role of beggar, so she'd accept without a problem, letting him know she's ready to welcome him back....

anyway, let's not kid ourselves, Zoey didn't come back because of her friendship with MC, she came back because she misses him in a deeper way than she thought. at the end of the day she might accept his friendship, but that's not why she came back (also because she ran out of money of course.... DPC doesn't like LIs to ever look good 100%)

initially I thought that Zoey's arrival would not be immediate but at the end of the chapter as a launch for the tenth, but the detail of Neil's phone call in my opinion anticipates everything. once the meeting with Burke is over Zoey becomes the next on the list

Zoey cannot be 100% optional, there will be a first phase in which MC wants to listen to her, then she will have to make her decision and we will see what Zoey will do, will she stay on the bench ready to take over or will she accept the role of friend and that's it
The fact the MC hasn't told M&J (if you pick them) of his decision is irrelevant. What matters is that he told us. DPC can't play the importance of that decision to the hilt and then say "Nah, doesn't count, his fingers were crossed." The MC made a commitment, he needs to live up to it at least once if we're ever going to take anything he does in the future seriously.

But as I said, I think the MC will stick with his chosen girl(s). Zoey will provoke a lot of tears, but the MC will make clear he's no longer available... in Episode 9. That will change by Episode 12 when the MC's new relationship has collapsed (though hopefully we'll still have a say in the matter).

That'd suck so hard, especially if it were forced. And hell, even more so if the hypothetical choice to deny her still ended up in a drawn out 'misunderstanding'. By all intents and purposes a haphazhardly thrown out together reset to keep the story going.

Luckily best girl Quinn has yet to even get her own path, so she shouldn't give a fuck even in that eventuality.
I think it really depends on how DPC structures it. The various relationships are all extremely fragile, so it stands to reason there could be some very rough patches. And just because things get bad doesn't mean they couldn't get better afterwards - as long as we make the right choices.

To me, the key to making this scenario work are that we need to feel the MC is legitimately invested in the relationship if we want him to be (even if it still runs into to trouble), and there needs to be some way to salvage the relationship by the end of the game. (On that last point, the M&J throuple might be an exception, much as it pains me, as long as both Maya and Josy are still possible individually.)

That's how I see it, anyway. Forcing the MC to pick Zoey over a chosen girl risks making the MC feel uninvested, so hopefully DPC won't go there.

The rooster cluck isn't speaking to the MC though? Wasn't even Zoey that posted it. But you might still be right about the 10 months bit.
Python:
zo "{i}I stopped writing [name] daily after the first few months...{/i}"
zo "{i}He told me about school and what he's been up to.{/i}"
So Zoey was in San Diego a few months before MC graduated high school. So that pushes her departure back to March at least?

And that's the minimum length of time; Zoey stopped writing to the MC daily after 'a few months,' but we know she kept in intermittent contact with him for at least a couple weeks after that. The intermittent period could have lasted longer.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
San Diego's weather is not all that bad in the winter.
The water is lower temperature.... kinda more important when you're learning to surf, 16 degrees isn't bad at all but certainly not good for a longer period without a suit when you're more in the water then above....

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
The fact the MC hasn't told M&J (if you pick them) of his decision is irrelevant. What matters is that he told us. DPC can't play the importance of that decision to the hilt and then say "Nah, doesn't count, his fingers were crossed." The MC made a commitment, he needs to live up to it at least once if we're ever going to take anything he does in the future seriously.

But as I said, I think the MC will stick with his chosen girl(s). Zoey will provoke a lot of tears, but the MC will make clear he's no longer available... in Episode 9. That will change by Episode 12 when the MC's new relationship has collapsed (though hopefully we'll still have a say in the matter).
Considering that the basis of romantic relationships in the game are love triangles and relationship problems in the third season are likely to be guaranteed. That's when Zoey will show up (in my opinion). MС quarreled with Jill for some stupid reason, he will suffer and then Zoey will come to him to comfort him. A girl for consolation is of course a banal plot device, but this is the only way I see an opportunity to create drama and tension in season 3.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I am a huge fan of Sage, but could you imagine MC marrying her? Every other day she would be yelling at him about something. :ROFLMAO:
I picture a big fat Sage sitting on the couch yelling at the MC

Sage: Where is my sandwich? you moron
MC: I'm already finishing preparing it dear
Sage: Don't forget the mayonnaise again
The MC brings her the sandwich
Sage: Thank God it took you a long time... And where is my diet coke?
MC: Here is and with extra sugar (Ironically it is a normal coke)
Sage: BTW, our son is coming over the weekend with his boyfriend.
Sage: Why does he have to be GABE? In mine family there are no GABES,,, That was inherited from your family, You always behave like a fagot
MC: (Thinking... Why the fuck didn't I marry Zoya I mean Zoey)

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017
I picture a big fat Sage sitting on the couch yelling at the MC

Sage: Where is my sandwich? you moron
MC: I'm already finishing preparing it dear
Sage: Don't forget the mayonnaise again
The MC brings her the sandwich
Sage: Thank God it took you a long time... And where is my diet coke?
MC: Here is and with extra sugar (Ironically it is a normal coke)
Sage: BTW, our son is coming over the weekend with his boyfriend.
Sage: Why does he have to be GABE? In mine family there are no GABES,,, That was inherited from your family, You always behave like a fagot
MC: (Thinking... Why the fuck didn't I marry Zoya I mean Zoey)
:mad:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes