Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
To be absolutely fair, In today age of society, Shakespeare would have been threatened for that too. I mean just think of the Shippers of Romeo and Juliet. Today, Twitter, Instagram, forums, Reddit they would tear him apart :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The difference is how it's written. In Shakespeare's case, it's art. It's how it's supposed to be and you're like "Oh shit!" when everything clicks into place. In DPC's case, it's just bad writing, with no point other than to force drama for no reason. Or killing off someone and hoping it clicks.

You know which book also has a ton of crazy deaths in it? THE BIBLE. Fuck Shakespeare, fuck George R. R. Martin, fuck DPC, like EVERYONE dies in that thing. Like Death dies in The Bible. This is no joke - the concept of Death dies in it. :Kappa:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You know which book also has a ton of crazy deaths in it? THE BIBLE. Fuck Shakespeare, fuck George R. R. Martin, fuck DPC, like EVERYONE dies in that thing. Like Death dies in The Bible. This is no joke - the concept of Death dies in it. :Kappa:
I don't read BIBLE, so that was actually a new information. Fuck you for Spoiler, now I dont even need to read it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Yes. You have several chances with Sage, but there is a last straw coming up. This can't be said of all the love interests.
One last thing, since I just finished the playthrough: I’m not quite sure, what’s the last straw you mentioned?

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Public opinion has changed slightly in recent years.

in the U.S.A., and by osmosis slowly throughout the western world, it is now considered harassment to have a sexual/loving relationship with someone who might feel a subordination to you at work or otherwise. i.e. it is enough to have sex with someone who is below you in the hierarchy to have problems, without any violence or blackmail of any kind.

let alone a professor, very few would see a playboy

we don't know exactly how the scholarship managed by Burke works, who pays for it? the scholarships are awarded according to a wide variety of criteria, but in any case codified by the benefactor, for the most deserving students, the neediest, from certain ethnic groups and minorities etc. etc.

The fact that Burke moves them according to his will would be interesting for any tax authority in the world.

And I have never even mentioned the restaurant itself as rick, for Burke the main risk is not to manage or work for the restaurant, but to be a customer.
It very much falls into a sex crime category. Its always been this way but now people are speaking up more.

Its not really giving consent if you could possibly face negative consequences for refusal

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It very much falls into a sex crime category. Its always been this way but now people are speaking up more.

Its not really giving consent if you could possibly face negative consequences for refusal
I didn't venture to say whether it was right or wrong, I just pointed out a change in public opinion in seeing something that 10 years earlier no one would have noticed.

It's a male chauvinist world that probably deserves preventive measures, because that's what they are, preventive measures whose goal is to make certain relationships so inappropriate that they are always avoided, to turn the table and make the man who is in a room alone with a woman run away.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
This is totally absurd. Again, Stephen Burke can't play the sex card because of the presence of Sage and the MC. If the MC is on the Josy and Maya romance path, Josy loves the MC so much that she wouldn't put that at risk.
That's why i said something remotely like Maya or Josy accepting Burke advance could only happen in if MC won't be in MJ path (and i still highly believe that nothing like this will happen at all). But i think Burke will at least try something onto Maya or Josy. Of course he won't try anything in this meeting with, but he can simply call Maya or Josy to talk in private in his office and land his "indecent proposal".

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
That's why i said something remotely like Maya or Josy accepting Burke advance could only happen in if MC won't be in MJ path (and i still highly believe that nothing like this will happen at all). But i think Burke will at least try something onto Maya or Josy. Of course he won't try anything in this meeting with, but he can simply call Maya or Josy to talk in private in his office and land his "indecent proposal".
I'm also thinking Burke will try to push Maya and perhaps even Josy towards Quinn. Or as you say make an indecent proposal himself. Blackmailing or maybe talking Maya into feeling guilty. She is desperate to get out of her fathers grip so admissible for such a play from Burke.
One thing is for sure, this will go bad. A perfect set-up made by DPC to implement his famous drama.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
That's why I said it back in the day that the money has to be paid/come from somewhere and Burke can't just pull it out of his ass and enter it in the system that it's paid or work the books, because an IRS inspection would get them in a lot of trouble and possible jail time. Which leads me to believe that Burke isn't the guy that the girls are supposed to fuck. It's probably rich donators that pay for the girls' tuition in exchange for sex.
I assume so there are two different options for Maya.:rolleyes:

Quinn's Tuition::love:(y)
Sex with old guys. Plural. That's what put Mona off. I assume that a girl who wants to get the tuition has to fuck several old moneybags.

Chad's Scholarship::D(y)
Chad has a Scholarship (It says so in the game.) So why shouldn't Maya get a Scholarship.

Examples:unsure::rolleyes:
- Scholarship for Discrimination (Lesbianism)
- College Grants and Scholarships for Pregnant Students

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
One thing is for sure, this will go bad. A perfect set-up made by DPC to implement his famous drama.
Yeah. Again, i highly doubt either Maya or Josy will accept do anything Burke demand to them. But the blackmail and threat plot already can be a source of drama for Maya/Josy/MC. And the shock could come with MC discover Burke's intentios and have to choose take some drastic measure to deal with him and save MJ.

Reactions: Klopdwerg

fool1200

Jun 17, 2020
You miss out on a lot by not doing multiple playthroughs. I agree with you that they can be tiresome but I recommend at least three. A DIK, Chick, and Neutral playthrough. This will also give you the opportunity to pursue different love interests and different paths. The game takes some interesting detours depending on who you run to after Josy comes to campus.
You actually just need two playthroughs to see almost all the content - one neutral and one DIK. Neutral gives you access to most of the main girl content and you can choose any of their routes at the crossroad choice in Act 8 (if you make the right choices during playthrough). Then a DIK (and non-J&M and non-Jill and non-Bella) run can give you the Quinn and teachers content.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Yeah. Again, i highly doubt either Maya or Josy will accept do anything Burke demand to them. But the blackmail and threat plot already can be a source of drama for Maya/Josy/MC. And the shock could come with MC discover Burke's intentios and have to choose take some drastic measure to deal with him and save MJ.
Exactly, no matter what, Burke thinks he has a trumpcard the moment Maya accept his help. He will try to get his way with Maya and perhaps even finds out she has a relation with Josy and, if you on their path, with MC. Perfect scenario for blackmail.
This gonna be intens for sure since this plot is weaved in several branches and not in just 1 like the famous housephoto from Lynette is in Jill's path.

Reactions: ename144

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
But i think Burke will at least try something onto Maya or Josy. Of course he won't try anything in this meeting with, but he can simply call Maya or Josy to talk in private in his office and land his "indecent proposal".
I don't think Burke will make any indecent proposal, i think he's like a spider, he has a web and he just awaits who will walk in.
Quinn can be seen as part of the web, she will drop hints but will never say anything that can get her in trouble.
The girls all need free tuition, it's just a matter of what they are willing to do for it... Now a staff member that makes an indecent proposal takes alot more risk then the same guy just waiting for girls to make that indecent proposal for him.
Same result, yet it's a big difference... And about why would he take more risks with Maya? He doesn't, she will come or not and effectively any fallout if he ever gets exposed is the same, it doesn't really matter if it's 3 girls or 4 or 5....
The only reason for Burke to be more aggressive would be if he is pressured by sponsors to find new girls...

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
The difference is how it's written. In Shakespeare's case, it's art. It's how it's supposed to be and you're like "Oh shit!" when everything clicks into place. In DPC's case, it's just bad writing, with no point other than to force drama for no reason. Or killing off someone and hoping it clicks.

But at least one didn't stay dead, unlike my hopes of sage doming Jill while Maya takes notes

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes