RonnieBoi

Nov 20, 2018
Josy should win rather comfortably. Maya isn't doing so well among the fans overall.

Just watch how our Goddess crushes your retard in the poll. :Kappa:
Think you're forgetting that the poll is for the patreons, they are not known for making the best choices by any stretch of imagination... :cry::whistle:

Reactions: Ilhares

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Well, he tried to warn MC but DPC used that corny trick with interrupting. I've lost count how many time he used it, some of that "interruptions" still isn't clear.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is dozen another examples but the more interesting in my opinion this one
My mom used her maiden name in her professional career, since that's what it said on all her diplomas and certifications even after getting married. My wife does it too. DPC used the interrupting trick but that itself wouldnt have necessarily given it away.

Unlike Josy telling you she had a boyfriend when she didnt. That was a cheap move by DPC >.<

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I have to admit that Josy may be my favorite of the main love interests but she would probably make the worst girlfriend of the bunch. How can you tell if Josy is lying? Her lips are moving. But she is so adorable and non-threatening that everybody lets it slide. If I have a type it is certainly adorable lying girls with bisexual tendencies who make terrible girlfriends.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Well, he tried to warn MC but DPC used that corny trick with interrupting. I've lost count how many time he used it, some of that "interruptions" still isn't clear.
There is dozen another examples but the more interesting in my opinion this one
giphy (1).gif

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
My mom used her maiden name in her professional career, since that's what it said on all her diplomas and certifications even after getting married. My wife does it too. DPC used the interrupting trick but that itself wouldnt have necessarily given it away.

Unlike Josy telling you she had a boyfriend when she didnt. That was a cheap move by DPC >.<
Josy didn't say she had a boyfriend :BootyTime:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Hey, just asking but, why maya is the most hated LI?
Most of it is just senseless hate circle-jerk. The main reason why she isn't as popular as the other LI's is because of the constant and endless stream of (badly written) drama revolving around her and her hypocrisy earlier in the game revolving around the promise to make MC be 100% honest with her while she wasn't.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
How do I get Quinn to let me help her or you just can't?
You have to be a DIK to help Quinn. There is also a check for if she likes you and if you messed around with her in episode four and if you are on M&J's path. If you are a DIK and on their path I'm pretty sure she runs off even if she likes you. I haven't tried that scene as a CHIK with her liking me but she will likely still leave.

Reactions: ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This week I've been doing bits of everything, letting my motivation decide what to do each day. It's been a fun week, and it went by too fast.

I've been working on content for all major branches and while branching isn't new for me, branching at this scale is different work than usual. It requires plenty of planning to move everything nicely along the main story. I can already tell how this update will be something special because of this. The thought that you can play the same episode at least five times and have different experiences makes me very excited.

I have a steady production of animations and static renders at the moment, and I estimate that I've written close to 30% of the episode story. The workflow is good, so I'll keep on working as usual.

Poll news
In last week's poll, the winning two options were "Blowjob" and "Titjob". I'll design a lewd scene with these options in mind for an unknown girl who hasn't had a lewd scene with the main character yet and include it in episode 9.

The next poll will be a Special Render poll, where you will decide which main girl gets featured in a Special render set in episode 9.

You might have noticed how the Rewards screen looks slimmer than it did in Season 1-2, with the addition of three unknown girls.

Now is a good time to explain what this means for Season 3.

There will be eight special render sets in Season 3, and I want every main girl to have one set each. Patrons will decide the other three girls. You will also decide the order of the main girls' Special render sets for the episodes.

For episode 9, there will be two main girls featured. And for episodes 10-12, there will be one main girl and one unknown girl each, per episode. Since Sage just got a Special render set in episode 8, she's not included in the polls for episode 9.

The special render polls for episode 9 will be Poll #1: Josy vs. Maya and Poll #2: Bella vs. Jill. The winners get a set in episode 9 each. The first poll will be live tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Another week without art numbers. Hardly unexpected, but it still stings. :cry:

I am curious to see how DPC plans to handle the branching. I've assumed it will be about the same as how the game handled solo-girl runs in Season 2, but DPC sure is talking a big game about it. It would be extremely cool if the game changed significantly across the different branches, but I don't see how that's possible unless DPC plans to be working on Episode 9 well past Halloween in the real world.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst I suppose.

So I was thinking (I know, be careful and all that)…

Imagine if DPC didn’t release The Interlude as a stand-alone and just made it part of episode 9 like every other episode prologue so far.

So you’re sitting there, fly open, one hand pre-occupied, and it’s like…

Player: "Oh, a flashback to Zoey, cool, figured she’d be making an appearance."​
Player: "Wtf, am I controlling Zoey?!"​
Player: "What the fuck, when is this going to end already!?!"​
Player: "…"​
Player: "For fuck’s sake, how long is this shit? When do we get back to the mc?!!"​
Player: "Did I download the wrong fucking game or something?!"​

Player: "Fuuuck, finally, fuck that was a long intro! How long is the rest of this episode gonna take, a week?!"​
Player: "Oh fuck, totally forgot… The Burkes!! :eek:"​

Yeah, I get why DPC decided to detach it from the next episode. :ROFLMAO:
Well sure, if you implement the idea badly it will flop. The real question is if Zoey's intro would have been better if DPC implemented it in a way befitting the content.

For example, suppose he starts Episode 9 with a normal-sized flashback covering the events with Zoey and her grandmother and ends with her sad goodbye at the train station. We then get a few teases of Zoey's story when she reconnects with the MC, explaining how it turns out she really wasn't very good at surfing and had come to realize how much she took home for granted.

Now we get to learn more about Zoey through the MC spending time with her, which not only gives us a reason to be interested in what she says, it also maximizes the opportunity to develop some chemistry between the two - all without bringing the MC's story to an emergency stop. As an added bonus, you could have ended Episode 8 on Zoey's call rather than railroading us into being shocked that ZOMG! Sage's mom is a teacher!!!!!!

I think there are good odds that would have been better received than the Interlude (certainly by Johnny Fapper in your example). And I'm skeptical we would have lost much in the process (while reclaiming a month or so of development time), but I guess we'll have to wait until we see how DPC intends to integrate Zoey into the present to know for sure.

what do you mean?

DPC divided BADIK in two for that reason, because it had become too big, but once divided in two it was necessary a system to pass the saves from one part to the other. and all this tested it apart with the interlude

without this need in my opinion the interlude there would never have been, the fact that there are choices, a minigames are all consequences of the fact that still had to be a "mini chapter", could not be just "import your saves please".
I don't follow. If there was no Interlude, Episode 9 would have imported the saves the exact same way. The Interlude did nothing special, it barely even used the imported data. I guess you could say it reduced the time between creating the save and importing it, but at once you're beyond 2 months I don't think difference in time matters.

I still see the contrast

it's true that Sage is still hurt by the breakup with Chad, but in that moment her words towards her parents are really very hard, not only they are not able to help her in this painful moment because they don't know how to share emotional moments seen as weakness, but they have made her unable to talk about certain topics with anyone, so they have condemned her to this emotional loneliness

on the other hand, when Maya's case comes to their attention, Sage's words towards them become all positive, her parents would have surely helped her in any situation, it's her who doesn't want to take advantage of their generosity and show that she is able to manage by herself, Sage wants to help Maya just to do what her adoptive parents did with her

first just faults, then just merits, they could be two different games and two different characters
I don't see Sage's talk in Episode 6 as a condemnation of her family, it's a condemnation of herself. Her inability process emotions is a personal failing, and mentioning her family is more about explanation than it is about blame.

The two conversations reinforce each other: one of the things Sage has difficulty talking about his how grateful she is to her family. That's my take, anyway.

How do I get Quinn to let me help her or you just can't?
Quinn should be willing to accept your help in Episode 6 if you meet the following conditions:
  • The MC fucked her on the roof in Episode 4
  • The MC has DIK Affinity (not Status)
  • The MC did not successfully try for something more with Maya and Josy

I have to admit that Josy may be my favorite of the main love interests but she would probably make the worst girlfriend of the bunch. How can you tell if Josy is lying? Her lips are moving. But she is so adorable and non-threatening that everybody lets it slide. If I have a type it is certainly adorable lying girls with bisexual tendencies who make terrible girlfriends.
When has Josy lied? She's been pretty upfront about everything. Even if you want to get technical and blame her for not correcting the MC's assumption that her SO was a boy, I don't see how that would have made a difference.

Last edited:

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Where is this "Sage does not want to be associated with her adopted parents" idea coming from? Didn't she explicitly say that she is very grateful to have been adopted by them (and as a result want to share the gift of helping with others)?

It's extremely insulting to a parent that their daughter does not want to be associated with them. That runs full counter to the idea that Sage is grateful for what they did.

Also, reporting doesn't work that way. If Burke can't get the newspaper to remove the allegation regarding suspected scholarship misconduct, there's little chance he can get the paper to remove Sage. Similar for Sage, what she wants doesn't really matter to the paper.
Why would the article include her anyways? Tybalt is in the picture they used and only referenced once to identify him in a "shown above is X, Y and Z" manner. He isn't a part of the story they're writing and neither is Sage. You're acting like it was an article about the family as a whole which makes Sage's absence notable.

Perhaps DPC omitted her to avoid outing her parents... maybe DPC included Tybalt just to make the "they spelled his name wrong" comments to show the Preps don't really respect him at all. Either way it isn't some gaping plot hole that a local newspaper that small enough to have an entire section devoted to a specific universities news didn't source a photograph of the entire family for an article that had nothing to do with the children in question.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Why would the article include her anyways? Tybalt is in the picture they used and only referenced once to identify him in a "shown above is X, Y and Z" manner. He isn't a part of the story they're writing and neither is Sage. You're acting like it was an article about the family as a whole which makes Sage's absence notable.

Perhaps DPC omitted her to avoid outing her parents... maybe DPC included Tybalt just to make the "they spelled his name wrong" comments to show the Preps don't really respect him at all. Either way it isn't some gaping plot hole that a local newspaper that small enough to have an entire section devoted to a specific universities news didn't source a photograph of the entire family for an article that had nothing to do with the children in question.
Well, I do think it would be odd for the school newspaper to do an article on the Burkes and not mention that they have two children at B&R. But there's no particular reason that tidbit would be 'above the fold,' or even mention Sage by name if she declined to be photographed. While spelling Tybalt's name incorrectly is obviously a joke at his expense, it's also a valid indication of how peripheral he is to the actual story.

So I don't think this was a case of DPC cheating to maintain the surprise. That said, it also wasn't a case of him properly foreshadowing the twist, either. Given the truth would come out by the end of the episode, mentioning the Burkes' daughter in passing would have been an easy opportunity to make it feel a little more supported in retrospect.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes