shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
i've really enjoyed the game up until this point, the pacing is amazing and there's so many great characters. but i'm a little worried about the amount of sex scenes going forward. neutral path aside, and correct me if i'm wrong since i haven't done a chick run yet, you are already hardlocked by going either dik (sage? can you get her with chick?/quinn) or chick(maya/josy/jill) with bella being available for both with a preference to chick (one extra animation). then you're forced to pick one love interest and cuts ties with jade. the story seems to want to create 5 different branching story lines...wouldn't that drastically slow down development?
Yeah I am not really sure how all those different branches can possibly be paced correctly, unless DPC's plan is the same thing happens to MC, except for the private moments with LIs. In which case the story could lose a lot of replay value going forward imo. The alternative of course is that we will finally finish the game in 2050...

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
The ‘Marion‘ one is interesting. Since the MC is reading if it’s revealed the name is there and he knew it and it matters, that would be terrible writing. Would be better to have a full stop there I think.
The entire diary thing is weird. It implies that Lynette is somehow connected to the Royce's, but honestly I think that Lynette's dad sold the house to Jill's family, hence the connection. Jill's mom (Amelia or whatever her name was) and Lynette might have been friends though.

That being said, I think Lynette is a Burgmeister and specifically, Rusty's sister (unlikely) or aunt.

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
Or it might be Bianca, she practically ate him alive with how she was staring at him during the play. That's what I'm hoping for. :love:
As great at that would be, I don't think we'll get her for a while. Having potential fallout from Jill finding out is too much, especially with Zoey coming in. Zoey will cause friction with whoever you have as you LI, so putting even more complications on top of that might be too much to expect all at once. Give poor Jill a break.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
As great at that would be, I don't think we'll get her for a while. Having potential fallout from Jill finding out is too much, especially with Zoey coming in. Zoey will cause friction with whoever you have as you LI, so putting even more complications on top of that might be too much to expect all at once. Give poor Jill a break.
Fuck Jill, if Bianca is possible only if you go on Jill's route, I'll do it. :Kappa:

Reactions: Redd23

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
That being said, I think Lynette is a Burgmeister and specifically, Rusty's sister (unlikely) or aunt.
I'm pretty sure she's not.
You can see a lot of story with Rich's grandma - how she was sick a then died right before MC got inheritance ;).
There is no way DPC wasted so much time to write a lot of dialogues and making renders for character who doesn't matter (some players possibly not even noticed them). Yep, the whole "relation" plot starts to become tiresome but this is can't be ignored.
Some information about it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Those aren't a 100% proofs but I think it's true.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I've been working on content for all major branches and while branching isn't new for me, branching at this scale is different work than usual. It requires plenty of planning to move everything nicely along the main story. I can already tell how this update will be something special because of this. The thought that you can play the same episode at least five times and have different experiences makes me very excited.
I'm really a little worried about how this branching will be integrated into the overall story. It's one thing when small romantic scenes and dates like in episode 8 and which in fact do not affect the overall plot, but it's another thing when each branch brings something of its own to the overall plot and affects the ending. The second is much more interesting, but more difficult to produce. The mosaic narrative has its advantages and a large field for theories, but there is also a great chance to get confused in your own plot.
and I estimate that I've written close to 30% of the episode story.
I would like to believe that 30% relate to the entire planned volume from the episode, but this most likely concerns 30% of the script.

Reactions: ename144

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
You can see a lot of story with Rich's grandma - how she was sick a then died right before MC got inheritance ;).
There is no way DPC wasted so much time to write a lot of dialogues and making renders for character who doesn't matter (some players possibly not even noticed them). Yep, the whole "relation" plot starts to become tiresome but this is can't be ignored.
I've thought about Rich and while it does fit, I think it's another red herring from DPC to throw us off (like that redhead manbun guy that was supposed to be Sage's dad).

With all the destiny bullshit talk from Jill, if DPC goes for that Fire and Ice kind of like thing, then MC surely has to be a Burgmeister.

Reactions: AchedCroissant

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
This may indeed be the case, but most players don't care about Rich. We don't know anything about him except that he's Tybalt's sycophant. If it turns out that Rich is a relative of MС, this will not cause anything but "Meh" reaction. It won't be a shock or surprise, just indifference. It really looks like a distraction from Pink.

On the other hand, we have no reliable information or any hints that Rusty may be Tremolo's brother.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't follow. If there was no Interlude, Episode 9 would have imported the saves the exact same way. The Interlude did nothing special, it barely even used the imported data. I guess you could say it reduced the time between creating the save and importing it, but at once you're beyond 2 months I don't think difference in time matters.
DPC absolutely could have also released Chapter 9 directly, but after how long?
because the various delays have accumulated, the launch on GOG and Steam, the Covid, the new system of saves etc. ...

instead in this way with a flashback slightly hypotrophic broke the wait and anticipated all the phase of importing saves and tests on them

but from the point of view of the story he wanted to tell in it, I don't see the need for the autonomous release, the interlude has become so great adding and repeating passages already seen. but if I compare it to what the flashback of Maya and Josy or the one of the birth of DIKs tells, I don't think it tells so many more things, it probably tells them better (I'm not convinced) but not more
I don't see Sage's talk in Episode 6 as a condemnation of her family, it's a condemnation of herself. Her inability process emotions is a personal failing, and mentioning her family is more about explanation than it is about blame.

The two conversations reinforce each other: one of the things Sage has difficulty talking about his how grateful she is to her family. That's my take, anyway.
she definitely acknowledges that it is her fault, but she turns the responsibility almost entirely on the family, and the words especially about Jade are very harsh. Because we can also understand a parent who is not comfortable talking about feelings, but who even gets angry if it happens....

she would like to talk about her feelings but they have never allowed her to do so. where MC is her biggest exception

sa "In my family, we don't discuss emotions."
sa "Yeah, but not for me. I've never found that balance."
sa "And what's worse is that I want to be able to discuss emotions with my family."
sa "I wanna be able to say to my dad that I'm sad and have him sit down and listen."
sa "...but I know that dad would shut down if I tried and mom would get angry if I asked..."
sa "...just like me."
sa "So... I bottle it up."

the fundamental change in the next confession is that in that moment Sage becomes the one who doesn't want to ask her parents for help because she already believes that they have done a lot for her and she doesn't want to be a burden to them any more.

I know it's not exactly the same thing, but for Sage it's impossible to talk to them about her own problems instead it becomes possible to talk about Maya's ones, because the conversation will hardly ever get to the personal side of the matter...

sa "I'm so fucking grateful for what they did."
sa "And I've always felt that I didn't want to ask them for anything more than they have given me. Who am I to ask for more?"

sa "They help me a lot, but it's mostly been forced help; you know, without me even asking for it."
sa "So, I have developed a bad habit of declining their help."
sa "And now I'm scared of asking for it. Because I don't do that."

sa "It's not that I'm ungrateful; it's the opposite. I don't want them to spoil me."
sa "I want to show them that they've raised me to become my own person."

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Fuck Jill, if Bianca is possible only if you go on Jill's route, I'll do it. :Kappa:
Possibly. I mean DPC has to have some plan for solo path drama, otherwise, what was the point of choosing someone so soon? Basically have a relationship path good ending where you dont cheat, and a bad ending where you cheat... at least with Jill's friends, I am sure there's different goals in other LIs paths. M&J probably sticking them all together is a good ending, have them separated is a bad ending. Not sure about Bella and Sage tho.

And I do hope I am right because otherwise CHICK path just got boring like 10x fold. It will be a couple interesting episodes.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
The entire diary thing is weird. It implies that Lynette is somehow connected to the Royce's, but honestly I think that Lynette's dad sold the house to Jill's family, hence the connection. Jill's mom (Amelia or whatever her name was) and Lynette might have been friends though.

Yes, I agree. As I’ve posted about before there is an unarguable connection between Lynette and the Royce’s. That could be family friends, could be sale of the house or could be something more. Be exciting to find out.

Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Possibly. I mean DPC has to have some plan for solo path drama, otherwise, what was the point of choosing someone so soon? Basically have a relationship path good ending where you dont cheat, and a bad ending where you cheat... at least with Jill's friends, I am sure there's different goals in other LIs paths. M&J probably sticking them all together is a good ending, have them separated is a bad ending. Not sure about Bella and Sage tho.

And I do hope I am right because otherwise CHICK path just got boring like 10x fold. It will be a couple interesting episodes.
Eh if he splits up the paths into good/bad ending it's going to be ridiculously complicated. There are already way too many variables and some things mix up because of them, if he goes for that it's going to be worse. But I do surely hope for a Bianca route though.

Reactions: dylankinodentoten

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Eh if he splits up the paths into good/bad ending it's going to be ridiculously complicated. There are already way too many variables and some things mix up because of them, if he goes for that it's going to be worse. But I do surely hope for a Bianca route though.
I dont mean Bianca or others routes, I dont think those will exist. As far variables go its not that hard to have 2 endings, one where you cheat and break up with Jill, and another good ending where you end up with Jill.

I mean he does have to go this way, unless you're telling me its pretty much closed now, and the path branching in episode 8 made the CHICK LI choice into a kinetic novel.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
That's right. Especially in Jill's way. Her story is already the most boring in the game, where the biggest drama is Tybalt's stupid blackmail, lol. I'm not sure about Bianca and her reaction, a lot of players want to fuck her, but it's unlikely to work, lol. She did not show her interest in MS in any way. What can not be said about Zoey, who can actively fight for Tremolo. I never gave a damn about Jill anyway. The only reason I played her way is to cheat on her, lol.
Yes, I agree. As I’ve posted about before there is an unarguable connection between Lynette and the Royce’s. That could be family friends, could be sale of the house or could be something more. Be exciting to find out.
The most boring theory. As if anyone cares about how Royce and Lynette are connected.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Although the time between Rich' grandmother's death and MC getting his letter and "inheritance" is unusually short, there's one possibility : the 5k, dress and diary were named in the will as his. Any unnamed assets need to go through probate.
But he should be notified within 3 months after the death as being one of the benificiaries for any unnamed assets.
So if he's a beneficiary for any assets from Rich's grandmother, he should be getting a letter again within 12 weeks from his birthday, so somewhere december at last. If MC's grandmother is the same as Rich grandmother he WILL get a letter, even if he is "disowned" he should be noticed in time to be able to contest the will. (disowned just means another gets the stuff as said in the will)

Ivrhym

Jan 26, 2020
Is it possible to choose Jill at the end of season 2 (if you've been kind with her all the times and if you've chosen her over Sage in episode 5) if you have a massive/huge DIK status?

• Haha
Reactions: AchedCroissant

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Although the time between Rich' grandmother's death and MC getting his letter and "inheritance" is unusually short, there's one possibility : the 5k, dress and diary were named in the will as his. Any unnamed assets need to go through probate.
But he should be notified within 3 months after the death as being one of the benificiaries for any unnamed assets.
So if he's a beneficiary for any assets from Rich's grandmother, he should be getting a letter again within 12 weeks from his birthday, so somewhere december at last. If MC's grandmother is the same as Rich grandmother he WILL get a letter, even if he is "disowned" he should be noticed in time to be able to contest the will. (disowned just means another gets the stuff as said in the will)
I don't think Pink will go into such details. We remember what he did with Maya's pledge, it completely contradicts reality.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
This may indeed be the case, but most players don't care about Rich. We don't know anything about him except that he's Tybalt's sycophant. If it turns out that Rich is a relative of MС, this will not cause anything but "Meh" reaction. It won't be a shock or surprise, just indifference. It really looks like a distraction from Pink.

On the other hand, we have no reliable information or any hints that Rusty may be Tremolo's brother.
According to DPC there will be at least 5 different, somewhat separate LI stories each next episodes.

I think some characters (like Jill's friends) will become exclusive for that LI stories and Rich gonna be important in Jill story.
At some moment there definitely gonna lineage problem appear since Royce is such a solemn family and Jill can't have anything with some peasant.

Reactions: Walter Victor

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
That's a great point, expect that letter for sure. It may become the ep9 cliffhanger :KEK:
thumbsup.png

Reactions: vogelbeest
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes