jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Okay here's some theory crafting

Which minor and innocuous choice will randomly end up playing a big part in the story and why is it paying off Chadnar to cross the tri betas off the board? :unsure:

infomercial

Jun 11, 2017
I've completed my first run for the v0.8.2 going mostly chick. Do you guys think that a Dik playthrough is worth doing for the main story and the content for main heroines? The structure of the game didn't make me feel that those stats affect that much compared to the choices to accept or refuse the girls.

Also is there a default/canon name for the MC?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
OK, I feel a theory coming on... o_O

Some of this I've been saying for a while now.

So Vinny trashes his own room when he starts up with the DIKs. But it's all a bit of subterfuge, to hide shit or whatever.

Vinny gets kicked out, probably because Tommy threw a tantrum or some shit like that.

But Vinny has left something important at the mansion. I'm thinking drugs, but it could be anything, but it's small.

During the Cathy Cluck escapade, we hear that the laptop has been found, in the library no less, and yet there's Nick, searching in the library for something. Is he really looking for the laptop? Or is he looking for something at Vinny's behest (I've been playing the Witcher 3 again, I don't know how many times I've heard, "...at the emperor's command and Yennefer's behest", so it's my turn to use that old ass word). :cool:

Anyway, Nick is looking like he's up to some skulduggery (another old ass, yet cool word), I don't believe for a second he was in that room looking for the laptop. But he doesn't find whatever it is he's looking for (that's what happens when you trash your own room Vinny, you stupid fuck :rolleyes:).

Then the mansion is trashed. Yes all signs point to the Alphas. Including literal signs sprawled over the walls. I keep saying it, the Alphas are somewhat retarded, but they are able to resist getting into fights with the DIKs only to trash the DIK mansion and then personally tag the place? No, they didn't do it. :cautious:

It's a frame job. Vinny and his crew have trashed the joint looking for something, and decided to frame the Alphas to cover their tracks. :mad:

But what is it they are looking for. Suddenly, out of absolutely fucking nowhere (I wasn't even playing a scene where this little fucker shows up - that just shows you how random my brain is these days), it fucking dawned on me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This little cunt is gonna unlock some seriously important shit! :eek:

Yeah, anyway, just a theory...:unsure:
I respect the theorycrafting, but this feels like a solution in search of a problem. If Nick wanted to search Vinny's old room, why pick the night of the party to do it? That's the one time people actually go into the room. The place is empty the rest of the time because it's a complete sty. So he could have gone during the week and searched to his heart's content; if anyone bothers to ask him why he's there, he can say he was feeling nostalgic for Vinny.

In addition, if the mansion was 'wrecked' to hide Vinny ransacking the place... why didn't he find the box? Presumably he wouldn't waste time painting alphas everywhere until after he actually found what he was looking for, no? And wrecking the place must have taken a while since it was pretty thorough (aside from Nick's room, which ironically was the one place the damage was merely cosmetic).

Lastly, if both of those attempts failed to locate the puzzle box, why did they stop looking? Surely the next logical move would be for Nick to volunteer to help the MC clean his new room. It would be the ideal opportunity, and again if anyone bothered to wonder why, Nick could always use nostalgia as a cover. As an added bonus, there's good odds the MC would have given Nick the box outright if he asked for it, or even reminisced over Vinny having it.

Now I'll grant you that I might just be thinking about this more than DPC did; he does sometimes cheat to get the story where he wants it to be. But for now I'm inclined to think this theory is a bit too convoluted to be viable. It explains the actions we see, but not why we see those actions instead of other, more logical ones.

Not confirmed. I think it was Quinn.

Here’s the logic.

Quinn need’s cash she knows the DIKs have money in the safe. But she needs a distraction. Here’s the theory;

Camilla is banging Rusty - Mona is alone she thinks Cammy is probably banging some guy. John-Boy hears moaning out side Rusty’s room. He thinks someone is fucking in there.

Riona is outside the Library - She is feeling guilty about something. I think she is the one who grabs the laptop and posts the cluck whilst Rusty is balls deep.

The painting over the ‘fabled‘ DiK safe is partially removed. When MC asks Rusty he says it shouldn’t be like that and he’ll sort it out.

So Cammy bangs Rusty, while he has a face full of dat booty, Riona takes the laptop and gets ready to post the Cluck. Meanwhile Quinn follows Tommy out of the main party towards his, Jamie and Rusty’s room. Cluck get’s posted, Rusty run’s from his room searching for the missing laptop, Quinn sneaks into his room hoping to get into the safe.

It’s possible Tommy has some involvement, he previously had a conversation about taking responsibility for some HoT activity Quinn had planned. I’m not sure if exactly what was ever revealed.
Ugh, not this theory again. This makes absolutely no sense. Even if we grant that Quinn knows about the safe and wants to rob it and has the picture of Cathy at hand for just this purpose, how does posting the Cathy-cluck do anything but hinder her would-be robbery?

To post the cluck she needs access to the laptop, which is usually in Rusty's room - where the safe is. So Quinn has Camila distract Rusty so Riona can steal the laptop and post the cluck. Then the chaos that follows will cause Rusty to stop being distracted and start rigorously searching the mansion... along with everyone else at the party. Do you see the flaw in this strategy yet? I expect better plans from Quinn, and I'm one of her harshest critics when it comes to strategizing.

On top of that, there's also the fact we never heard Quinn bitching about how Camila and/or Riona fucked up her plan to get the money. Even if DPC wanted to hide Quinn's involvement, you'd expect her to show her displeasure when an offscreen plan failed. But Quinn was basically unperturbed the next day for the carwash or at the preps mansion.

There's also the fact that Quinn arranged for the HOTs to bail on the DIKs before she tried to rob them. When she talks to Riona in Episode 4 she says she has a plan, not multiple plans, and it's a bad one at that. When did she think of the second plan and why start both at the same time? Unless we think Quinn wanted to make the DIKs suffer (rather than them being collateral damage), it seems like one bad plan at a time would be more than enough.

Lastly, there's the meta problem that there's no way in hell DPC is going to tell us Camila had sex with a boy other than the MC. That dog will not hunt. Not in this game. :p

Has it ever been revealed who posted the naked Cathy cluck? I am on my second playthrough, and I have seen no mention of it.
If not, are there any theories about it?
As you can see, we don't know yet and we haven't settled on a theory. My new theory is that the Vixens were behind the cluck for reasons that will make sense after we actually meet them.

I started going after the redhead and ended up with the blue-haired one. My main playthrough of Being a DiK is Sage and we were just reintroduced to Zoey. I have a bad feeling :ROFLMAO:

Next up I need to replay for Ilhares 's pfp girl, she is the best.

For whoever hasn't played Acting Lesson and especially if you haven't been spoiled like me, try it. Big recommend.
We all have our own taste, but I would strongly recommend against someone playing Acting Lessons unspoiled, at least unless they've been warned that there's *some* sort of Big Twist ahead. The game changes genres abruptly in the final act, and people who don't like the twist may well see it as a bait and switch. Going into AL unprepared will intensify the experience, but there are significant odds that will be a bad thing.

That's my advice anyway. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I've completed my first run for the v0.8.2 going mostly chick. Do you guys think that a Dik playthrough is worth doing for the main story and the content for main heroines? The structure of the game didn't make me feel that those stats affect that much compared to the choices to accept or refuse the girls.

Also is there a default/canon name for the MC?
I recommend 3 playthroughs. One for Chick for Josy/Maya and Jill, one DIK for Quinn and Bella, and a neutral one focused on picking up all the fucking hidden papers and renders you missed because you actually care about the story. Oh, and fuck Sage in every playthrough because she is the low-hanging fruit. Seriously, though, the game does have a high degree of replayability in my experience and you understand some things about the story better the second or even third time around.

infomercial

Jun 11, 2017
Fuck yes. Manwhore MC >>>>>>
Until DPC adds in the inevitable STD mechanic :WeSmart:

I recommend 3 playthroughs. One for Chick for Josy/Maya and Jill, one DIK for Quinn and Bella, and a neutral one focused on picking up all the fucking hidden papers and renders you missed because you actually care about the story. Oh, and fuck Sage in every playthrough because she is the low-hanging fruit. Seriously, though, the game does have a high degree of replayability in my experience and you understand some things about the story better the second or even third time around.
Thanks for the tips. Frankly I'm not that interested in Josy and Maya since I'm not a fan of that kind of melodrama, though it's nice to know that Bella has special content for DIK.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Until DPC adds in the inevitable STD mechanic :WeSmart:

Thanks for the tips. Frankly I'm not that interested in Josy and Maya since I'm not a fan of that kind of melodrama, though it's nice to know that Bella has special content for DIK.
She actually has one more scene in the Chick playthrough than the DIK playthrough, but she also likes you more when you are a DIK (at least in terms of building her affinity). Plus her beleaguered wisecracks are better when you are a shameless manwhore.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Lastly, if both of those attempts failed to locate the puzzle box, why did they stop looking?
About that, we can see (if we pay close attention) someone runing outside of library while MC is sleeping in ep 6 or 7. And in the next day, we know that Jaime have trouble to sleep and when they go outside to throw the things in the dumpster, Jacob say that the trash seems to much spread around (or something like that). I don't know but this makes me believe that there is someone looking for something in DIK's mansion. Who is and what he/she looking? No idea

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Well he said go DIK for Bella, so that's what I had assumed. I thought a good portion of her and Jill's content would be locked in DIK route while playing the game but the game is more forgiving than I imagined apparently.
It's kind of complicated, but basically, Jill and Bella block each other and you have to choose one or the other. So what they like in a man is diametrically opposed. It isn't possible to get with Jill as a DIK, but Bella's affinity (response to compliments, spending time with you) goes up faster when you are in DIK mode. It is still possible to get with Bella as a Chick but she thinks you are a pushover and sits on your face. She has a thing for bad boys, though, and it shows.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sorco2003

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
It's kind of complicated, but basically, Jill and Bella block each other and you have to choose one or the other. So what they like in a man is diametrically opposed. It isn't possible to get with Jill as a DIK, but Bella's affinity (response to compliments, spending time with you) goes up faster when you are in DIK mode. It is still possible to get with Bella as a Chick but she thinks you are a pushover and sits on your face. She has a thing for bad boys, though, and it shows.
you get exactly the same being a chick as a dik... what's more, being a chick you have a more unlocked position with Bella.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Well he said go DIK for Bella, so that's what I had assumed. I thought a good portion of her and Jill's content would be locked in DIK route while playing the game but the game is more forgiving than I imagined apparently.
The only thing that you actually need DIK is Quinn ( but she is not an official LI as of yet ! :p ) and side girls ( hence the manwhore reference :KEK: ) but not all side girls actually need DIK status... the rest of the scooby gang is actually attainable from both NEUTRAL and CHICK affinity ( M&J not if DIK to Episode 4 Jill not if DIK Episode 8 Sage from all [ that's the low hanging fruit reference :KEK: ] Bella has some scenes locked to dtype HUGE CHICK )

So if you do the math ( with all the side girls included ! ) forget the 3 playthrough... there is a lot more to this and with Interlube in affect the situation gets EVEN MORE complicated... ;):LOL:
1691341_1645549027337.gif :KEK:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Lastly, if both of those attempts failed to locate the puzzle box, why did they stop looking? Surely the next logical move would be for Nick to volunteer to help the MC clean his new room.
I think it would be the next move. He could be trying to get the MC to leave as well. It could just be an innocent offer to cover his shift, and probably is, but it would give him a clear window for when he won't be home. From the way the MC talks he never has to worry about anyone barging in like JB, not that he cares. He even tells Bella she can take her shirt off since there is no way anyone would interrupt them.

Reactions: shazba

fool1200

Jun 17, 2020
So TLDR : Either Quinn ( :confused: ) or Sally at the behest of Magnar.
Magnar is just too ... "meek" (for the lack of a better word) to do the cluck thing. MC can pay him a small amount of money to do a wedgie on him and take picture as evidence - what kind of godfather would agree to that? He also just studies really hard if MC is doing well in class instead of, for example, getting the test answers from a professor of something. He also doesn't benefit from the cluck at all. Plus, he's too calculating to do something that can end his college career (unless there is a HUGE payoff, which is not there).

fool1200

Jun 17, 2020
It's also strange that Rusty's father suddenly stops all payments and won't help Rusty. Rusty and Tommy already wanted to give up everything. What would have been the consequences of that? All the DIK's would have had to enroll in the dorm again. Also the MC. Was the mansion perhaps destroyed for that very reason and made sure (no money from Papa Burgmeister) that it would not be rebuilt?
Rusty's dad didn't stop paying. He thought Rusty still had the emergency fund, and told him to spend that, and Rusty didn't tell him that money was gone already.

4.80 star(s) 1,520 Votes