felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Patrick interferes with Maya and Josy relationship. And does it in a terrible way, not to mention credit fraud is a crime. Remember Maya saying she's going to be fucked financially for the rest of her life? I think in the thread, if there are people who have had problems with credit, they will tell you how bad it is.
I want to go a little deeper into psychology to show the differences between Derek and Patrick.
Patrick's motivation: religious fundamentalism (how I hate religious people, damn) the desire to control the life of another person. It's likely due to his complexes, the lust for power and the tyranny of the little man.
Derek's motivation is to protect his sister from pain because he loves her. Also a feeling of discomfort.
About discomfort. I think that I get the main trump card. Imagine that you have a friend whom you see every day, communicate with him all the time, live under the same roof. And you have a sister. So, this friend of yours is fucking your sister. You shake his hand, this hand was in your sister's pussy a couple of hours ago. For many people, this can be very uncomfortable.

Another difference between Patrick and Derek. Patrick terrorizes his daughter, not allowing her to be with the one she loves.
Derek doesn't terrorize his sister...he's more of a friendly warning to the MC and says he's not comfortable with it. Yes, his paranoia once took over at the water park and we got a funny, hilarious scene in the store. I just laughed at that moment.
"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO MY PERVERT SISTER! DO NOT SELL HIM CONDOMS!"

Think? I saw it. Recently a new college game like BaDIK has been released. The main character is a black guy. There was so much shitstorm there, like it was a far-right rally. Really weird people. :HideThePain:
Having established that Patrick is bad bad bad bad (the comparison with Derek was an obvious provocation), this does not make Derek a better friend towards mc.

He doesn't trust mc, he doesn't feel like invading Maya's privacy by warning mc about her special situation, but at the same time he has no problem with them living together and invading Maya's privacy when it comes to interfering in her relationship with mc.

And after the relationship is practically official she decides to try to ruin her bro's birthday party, out of "jealousy"

But he is a bro...

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Having established that Patrick is bad bad bad bad (the comparison with Derek was an obvious provocation), this does not make Derek a better friend towards mc.

He doesn't trust mc, he doesn't feel like invading Maya's privacy by warning mc about her special situation, but at the same time he has no problem with them living together and invading Maya's privacy when it comes to interfering in her relationship with mc.

And after the relationship is practically official she decides to try to ruin her bro's birthday party, out of "jealousy"

But he is a bro...
While your comparison to Patrick was provocative, it worked. He is the top 1 on my character hate list.

Yes, Derek is "bro" to me for a variety of other reasons, now we were looking at a specific episode if the MC is involved in Josie/Maya.
You view people's behavior and their actions a little differently than I do, and that's okay.
I cross out Maya, I look at other actions.
Derek:
1. Helped MC morally when he was ready to give up and leave college
2. Helped with housing, after MC left as a result of a fight with Troy.
3. Does the craziest shit of Hell Week, covering for his maggot brother if he's a chicken.
4. Helped with housing after the Maya/Josie drama. Again.
5. Helps find other girls by recommending Swiper. Again moral support
6. Covers the MC when preps attack him

If I now open the game, I will find a dozen more points, these main ones are taken from memory.
So, it's time for me to get a job as a lawyer. :)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
3. Does the craziest shit of Hell Week, covering for his maggot brother if he's a chicken.
Doing his part during hell's week I don't think is such a great merit, MC brings points and Derek will have to bring the others.

Derek cares immensely about being a Dik, much more than mc. And that's also the main reason why he cares that he doesn't drop out of college (the dumbest decision mc is going to make) in fact instead of making him go back to his room, which poor Neil pays for, he convinces him that diks is the only way.

Also taking him in after he finds out about Josy and Maya can't be this much merit.... Since he could have saved him all that shock.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yes, I agree that Jamie needs to grow his own balls. Ask Dani to fuck herself and eat her fucking rabbit.
I'm sure DIKs would have continued without Tremolo. But it would be very difficult and it would take six months or more to recover. Rusty had some kind of back up plan, we remember that in Episode 8. I guess it was taking out a loan from the bank.
Or maybe selling his expensive sport car. The MC is not the center of the universe and life will not stop without it. But everything will be different.
Now the point with which I don't agree. Derek. He gets in the way more than Patrick, seriously? This maniac terrorizes and blackmails his own daughter. Patrick is slowly but steadily destroying her mental health. Really, if we don't find a way to stop him, Maya would end up in an asylum or commit suicide.
Derek is very overprotective when it comes to his sister. Yes, he attacks the MC if you are on the Maya path, but why?
The reason is their family situation. Derek sees that Maya is suffering because of Patrick, he knows about the situation with Josy and then MC appears and creates even more problems for Maya. Derek knows MC has a side relationship until he finds out it's Josy.
Look at the situation from his point of view. Derek doesn't want his sister to get hurt again. I even respect him for how he treats his sister, protecting her, covering her up and always supporting her. I look at many families with several children and at least a third of them had such a close relationship as these two. Close in the normal sense. In their relationship, we can see the main title of the game "Family comes first." They are a real family, and Patrick doen't deserve this title and should go to a jail.

Oh, I remembered something about Leon. He did all the dirty work during Hell Week while Jamie was a chicken. So Leon has DIK affinity, I was a bit wrong.
I agree about Derek and Maya, but I think Jaime and Dani as a couple get a little too much flak. Yes, Jaime can be indecisive and Dani can be too controlling, but they clearly do see eye to eye on a lot of other issues; Dani is a lot more supportive of Jaime's 'secret' hobbies that Leon seems to be. Hopefully Jaime and Dani can work out the problems and shore up the strengths if we encourage them to reconcile in Season 3. I'd certainly find that more satisfying that Jaime working his way through the Vixens with Leon, but to each their own.

from an extremely cynical point of view:

at what juncture is Patrick an obstacle to the relationship with Maya?
Seriously? Patrick is the whole reason the MC and Maya/Josy can't become an official throuple. Tommy might complain about Josy, but as Quinn says, leave him a lone for a few days and he'll get over it. And Derek will back off as long as Maya is happy. But Patrick is a lethal threat to any open relationship, which means we're going to be stuck on Maya's loan crisis subplot for at least another season. :mad:

Without the loan problem Maya would not even have a reason to deepen her friendship with MC and see if she could like boys.
without Patrick at the first movie on the bed Maya would have told MC that she was engaged to Josy who would soon join her at BR. and it would have all ended there.
If you want to argue that without Patrick the MC would never have had a chance with M&J because they'd have been an official couple when he met them, that's certainly valid. But given that Josy wasn't accepted to B&R at first and the difficulty the two have communicating (to say nothing of how quickly each took to the MC), I think there's a strong possibility the MC might have found a way even without Patrick's ultimatum.

instead "bro" Derek is constantly a hindrance, after forcing Maya to host MC he reacts worriedly to any hint of a relationship between the two (ok, that's humanly forgivable). but afterwards he personally intervenes to stop the cuddling between Maya and MC, because as he later explains he was also fine with MC not knowing anything, but he couldn't stand the idea of Maya cheating on Josy. he never encourages their relationship. and then when MC could finally enjoy a moment with his girls he thinks it's a good idea to forcibly infiltrate the very sad party at the water park
When he interrupts the MC and Maya in Episode 3, please note this line:
Derek-Maya_right_way_1.jpg
The strong implication being that he'll accept Maya dating the MC if she actually breaks things off with Josy first. That fits his behavior later on if the MC tries for the throuple: he settles for a really lame prank when the MC flat out says he's sleeping with both girls in Episode 5; he helps smuggle Josy into the MC's room in Episode 7 and never checks up on them; he gets himself invited to the water park, but leaves the MC alone with both girls for the bulk of the visit. The only time he actually tries to interfere with the MC on the throuple path is if he sees Bella do a walk of shame (which is fair), and his histrionics during the shopping trip in Episode 8 (which I admit was a problem).

On the whole, I think Derek's been a net positive for an MC pursuing Maya. His bark is much worse than his bite, and even his bark is pretty limited. That could change post-crossroads if the MC keeps trying to play the field, but presumably we'd be bringing that on ourselves.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Doing his part during hell's week I don't think is such a great merit
Jumping on granny grenade goes well beyond just doing his part. Everybody in the DIKs acknowledges it, to the point where it becomes obvious tie-breaker if you get 7-7 score (and Jacob burning his secret code on it)

As for getting in the way of relationship with Maya... eh, he tolerates them making out in front of him during MC's belated birthday party, so he'll eventually come around. Probably.

Reactions: ename144

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

But he is a bro...
Maya herself says in EP4 that she loves Derek, but he is sometimes too much. And that's the problem with Derek. He's just too much sometimes. But there's a reason for that too, as we learn in EP8.

Derek tells Jamie that he doesn't like being shut out. Derek is literally caught between two stools. Derek didn't try anything with Jojo during high school because Maya had a thing for Josy. Now Maya has also fallen in love with his brother MC. Derek has the same problem as MC when Josy shows up at Maya's house at the end of EP3. He is afraid of losing Maya or the MC.

Derek is a funny guy, but I don't think he's ever had a real best friend in his life, which he sees in the MC. The MC can also hold Derek back if he overdoes it.

EP7 Dentures: what Derek is proposing is crazy and the MC needs to protect Derek from himself. Derek has never had the dentures cleaned, and therefore it poses health risks. The MC refuses to do it himself, and then Derek doesn't do it either.

In my CHICK playthrough, the MC remains neutral towards Derek at the dorm party. So the MC shows Derek that he accepts him for who he is, even if the MC doesn't want to do crazy things. That's very important, in my opinion. And why? Derek realizes through this so that the MC is his friend and will remain so when Maya is in a relationship with the MC. Derek then only has to learn so that Josy, Maya and the MC also need private time for themselves.

But Derek is on a good way to that, because he will be busy in the future through his Moose Lounge, when Josy, Maya and the MC sometimes have no time for him.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I agree about Derek and Maya, but I think Jaime and Dani as a couple get a little too much flak. Yes, Jaime can be indecisive and Dani can be too controlling, but they clearly do see eye to eye on a lot of other issues; Dani is a lot more supportive of Jaime's 'secret' hobbies that Leon seems to be. Hopefully Jaime and Dani can work out the problems and shore up the strengths if we encourage them to reconcile in Season 3. I'd certainly find that more satisfying that Jaime working his way through the Vixens with Leon, but to each their own.
Dani's problem is that this is an unusual girl. She is a radical feminist, it is generally difficult to maintain a normal conversation with this group.
I would never get closer than a mile to a "woke" girl in my life.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Seriously? Patrick is the whole reason the MC and Maya/Josy can't become an official throuple. Tommy might complain about Josy, but as Quinn says, leave him a lone for a few days and he'll get over it. And Derek will back off as long as Maya is happy. But Patrick is a lethal threat to any open relationship, which means we're going to be stuck on Maya's loan crisis subplot for at least another season. :mad:

If you want to argue that without Patrick the MC would never have had a chance with M&J because they'd have been an official couple when he met them, that's certainly valid. But given that Josy wasn't accepted to B&R at first and the difficulty the two have communicating (to say nothing of how quickly each took to the MC), I think there's a strong possibility the MC might have found a way even without Patrick's ultimatum.
we cannot read history backwards

without Patrick, how could the troupe ever be born?
Josy and Maya would have no problem, Josy would probably stop MC's advances immediately (99% because she's a bit of a cheater).

Maya wouldn't have to obey Quinn's orders so all opportunities for first forced and then voluntary interaction with MC would be skipped.

but most importantly the two girls would be in contact, Maya would know about the delayed college response to Josy, so she would have no doubts about her

which is not to say that Patrick is a benefactor, but that he is essential to the birth of these 3 relationships

When he interrupts the MC and Maya in Episode 3, please note this line:
View attachment 1988365
The strong implication being that he'll accept Maya dating the MC if she actually breaks things off with Josy first. That fits his behavior later on if the MC tries for the throuple: he settles for a really lame prank when the MC flat out says he's sleeping with both girls in Episode 5; he helps smuggle Josy into the MC's room in Episode 7 and never checks up on them; he gets himself invited to the water park, but leaves the MC alone with both girls for the bulk of the visit. The only time he actually tries to interfere with the MC on the throuple path is if he sees Bella do a walk of shame (which is fair), and his histrionics during the shopping trip in Episode 8 (which I admit was a problem).

On the whole, I think Derek's been a net positive for an MC pursuing Maya. His bark is much worse than his bite, and even his bark is pretty limited. That could change post-crossroads if the MC keeps trying to play the field, but presumably we'd be bringing that on ourselves.
there is no need to understand what is meant implicitly when it is then revealed explicitly.

screenshot0013.png screenshot0014.png screenshot0015.png

why would Derek stand in the way of Josy entering the DIKs' mansion? he's there because of Patrick and especially not Maya

Jumping on granny grenade goes well beyond just doing his part. Everybody in the DIKs acknowledges it, to the point where it becomes obvious tie-breaker if you get 7-7 score (and Jacob burning his secret code on it)

As for getting in the way of relationship with Maya... eh, he tolerates them making out in front of him during MC's belated birthday party, so he'll eventually come around. Probably.
MC can end the contest with a very high score, in which case would that mean Derek is a pest who doesn't deserve to be a DIK?
clearly not, because it's a group competition and therefore it's fine for at least one of them to pick up the point

the only point of Hell's Week that Derek exclusively picks up is outdoor sex.
if Derek only finds Wendy to have sex outdoors that's his problem. same with the retired teacher.

even MC can have sex with a teacher, an act which then risks getting him into serious trouble, we still don't know to what extent.

all the while remembering that they probably would have passed even by not fulfilling some other test

so for Hells week Derek owes MC what Mc owes Derek, no credit

Last edited:
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019
Ok, what is the most likely scenario, making a housewife out of Quinn, or an anal queen out of Jill?
The latter, I'd say. I don't want Quinn to become a housewife anyway, I just want her to quit all that illegal bullcrap. Her fiery personality is already awesome in my book. Okay, maybe apologizing to Riona wouldn't hurt
Jill on the other hand... Now that she's not a virgin anymore she might uhm... discover some hidden depths within her, go down the racoon rabbit hole, if you catch my drift :Kappa:
Recently a new college game like BaDIK has been released. The main character is a black guy.
What game? Eh, my friend's asking. For scientific purposes, yeah :sneaky:

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
MC can end the contest with a very high score, in which case would that mean Derek is a pest who doesn't deserve to be a DIK?
How on Earth did you get this from what i said? It doesn't follow at all.

What i meant wasn't overall score, but the fact some of the tasks, and ways they can be dealt with, are far harder than others. Derek can potentially do things much more drastic than what's expected from the candidates, and that's what he deserves acknowledgment for.

even MC can have sex with a teacher
At the risk of stating the obvious, having sex with a bombshell MILF and having sex with 80+ grandma are nothing alike in term of task difficulty*, even though technically both of them are teachers.

*) kinks aside, obv.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The latter, I'd say. I don't want Quinn to become a housewife anyway, I just want her to quit all that illegal bullcrap. Her fiery personality is already awesome in my book.
I'd say it's Quinn's personality that's her main problem, the drugs are just extra icing on the shit cake. She isn't "fiery", she's a plain bully only able to feel good about herself by putting others down and harassing them. There's nothing awesome about it, it's Dawe-tier personality with similar lack of intelligence to match.

As for the original question... it's far easier to talk someone into moving the party a little bit up/down in the heat of things, than have them alter their whole behavior. Just sayin'

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I'd say it's Quinn's personality that's her main problem, the drugs are just extra icing on the shit cake. She isn't "fiery", she's a plain bully only able to feel good about herself by putting others down and harassing them. There's nothing awesome about it, it's Dawe-tier personality with similar lack of intelligence to match.

As for the original question... it's far easier to talk someone into moving the party a little bit up/down in the heat of things, than have them alter their whole behavior. Just sayin'
If you played her road and paid attention to how she was raised and how she gradually changes when she's with the MC, you'd know that's bullshit, it's an act, she learned to survive in a harsh environment where the weak doesn't live long, just the scene in Ep6 when she goes back 'home', her mother doesn't even recognize her anymore, then the pencil traits of her height at ages 5-6-7, imagine that kid growing in that place... doesn't excuse the way she acts (especially in the 1st season), but it sure explains. She just doesn't know how to be anything else, but her walls are melting fast, when with the MC, since Ep6.

I've known some people coming from those background, a couple of them managed to get out and get a life, sorrily most just repeat the same cycle. I come from a very, very dysfunctional family and one of my parent was a monster, had trouble for a long time with relationships, used women then threw them off, you learn to hate people around you because you hate yourself. Well, everyone is salvageable, and I'm sure it'll be the morale of Quinn's story.

I hope for a redemption act, and I'm sure DPC leans towards that, her theme songs are pretty indicative for that, her scenes too. Doesn't mean it will end well, though. It's DPC after all, same could be said for every character in the game.

Now, you can still hate her if you want, that's your business, but comparing her to Dawe, man...

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes