michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I don't see Tommy in a different light, he started as an asshole and continues to be an asshole. Same with Quinn. Just because they are more three dimensional doesn't make them now "better" people.

In your opinion she has a softer side, just because she fucked you on the roof and kept you from falling doesn't make her Florence Nightingale.

We need to see what happens in ep 5 before we can really know if Quinn has an actual softer side or if she is really a main antagonist. I don't like pimps and drug dealers so I don't see any reason to look for a "softer side" in Quinn.

And I am more than willing to agree to disagree. We shall see which of us is wrong in ep 5, maybe we both are and she turns out to be an alien sent to anal probe as many college students as possible. ;)
Well we at least agree to disagree on that topic wish is fine with me...

Have to make this clear tho as I stated she is by far not my favorite character... and by no means did I say she suddenly becoming a angel in this badik game so u clearly mistook my statement

Just like the whole Tommy situation hes no angel everyone knows that.. But we are making head way in at least getting some respect with him...

But yeah like i stated before some people having a harder time getting past some things that happend in the game then others its fine tho (y)

Will see whats happening in ep 5 (y)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The questions I most desperately want answered in an ideal world would be:
  • Is this a lighthearted comedy, or is it intended to have heavy drama elements?
  • Taking the game's story as a whole, are we in the beginning, middle, or end of that story?
Unfortunately, it's very unlikely those questions will ever be directly answered, much less in Episode 5. So a more realistic list would be:
  1. Why does Quinn need money?
  2. Why does Sage think Quinn needs money? (if she doesn't know the real reason)
  3. Why is Sage so invested in her relationship with Chad?
  4. Why are Jill and Bella such close friends?
  5. What happened to Bella and her husband?
  6. What was the ultimatum Maya's father gave to her?
  7. If the MC/Maya/Josy 'try for something more,' is this intended to be a serious, committed relationship or a more preliminary, non-exclusively dating arrangement?
Number 7 should definitely be addressed by Episode 5. Most of the others will probably be left hanging, but I'm hoping a couple might get answers now.
Well, DPC warned at the start that this game might not be for people going through a tough time, so I reckon we're going to some serious drama eventually, but not anywhere near the level of AL. Right now, I'd say we've had the 1st act of a 3 act structure:
  • Act I - Setup: Exposition, Inciting Incident, Plot Point One
  • Act II - Confrontation: Rising Action, Midpoint, Plot Point Two
  • Act III - Resolution: Pre Climax, Climax, Denouement.
As for your other questions, we kind of already know the answers to a couple of them. 1 & 2 are that it's used to finance the HOTs and Sage knows this, 6 is very likely to be for Maya to forget about Josy and stop being gay because her Dad is a small-minded bigot, and 7 is probably interpreted by them as a serious but secret relationship as I can't see them being all that OK with an open relationship.

Reactions: chociar666

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Unsaid is that while Josy was the first girl Maya slept with she probably wasn't the first girl she was attracted to. I'm sure Maya must've been aware that the fact she was a lesbian (her attraction to the MC makes her bi but that's new information to her) meant that at some point her father's bigotry would be a problem.
Or maybe she was. If Josy was her first girl crush and the one that made her realise she likes girls, it would explain why it was so hard for her to give up on Josy because those first loves are tough to let go of.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Or maybe she was. If Josy was her first girl crush and the one that made her realise she likes girls, it would explain why it was so hard for her to give up on Josy because those first loves are tough to let go of.
A disticntion without meaning, Maya may have been attracted to girls before or she may not, that in no way alters the implication that her first sexual encounter was with Josy.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
The questions I most desperately want answered in an ideal world would be:
  • Is this a lighthearted comedy, or is it intended to have heavy drama elements?
  • Taking the game's story as a whole, are we in the beginning, middle, or end of that story?
Unfortunately, it's very unlikely those questions will ever be directly answered, much less in Episode 5. So a more realistic list would be:
  1. Why does Quinn need money?
  2. Why does Sage think Quinn needs money? (if she doesn't know the real reason)
  3. Why is Sage so invested in her relationship with Chad?
  4. Why are Jill and Bella such close friends?
  5. What happened to Bella and her husband?
  6. What was the ultimatum Maya's father gave to her?
  7. If the MC/Maya/Josy 'try for something more,' is this intended to be a serious, committed relationship or a more preliminary, non-exclusively dating arrangement?
Number 7 should definitely be addressed by Episode 5. Most of the others will probably be left hanging, but I'm hoping a couple might get answers now.
You're two bulletin points on top I think are
#1 A bit of both. So far we have just started diving into the story and we have both drama and comedy.
#2 We are in the beginning. Most of the first season was just getting us to meet and get a feel for who the characters are. Make us feel for them as individuals. Think of it as tying strings on to our emotions associated with the MC and Characters. Now he gets to yank and pull on those strings.

I thought 4 had been answered as well. I cant remember it exactly but I thought Bella was a friend of the Jill's family and was looking out for Jill because of some trauma in Jill's past. Might have to replay it to see if I can find it.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I thought 4 had been answered as well. I cant remember it exactly but I thought Bella was a friend of the Jill's family and was looking out for Jill because of some trauma in Jill's past. Might have to replay it to see if I can find it.
I think that's heavily implied, but don't think its been explicitly stated.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I think that's heavily implied, but don't think its been explicitly stated.
I could be mistaken but I thought it was more than that. I'll replay it and report back. I keep thinking Jill had an older sister and Bella and her were friends but something happened to the sister and Bella watches Jill out of remorse/regret/sense of loyalty. Could just be my old man memory misfiring. Let you know.....

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I could be mistaken but I thought it was more than that. I'll replay it and report back. I keep thinking Jill had an older sister and Bella and her were friends but something happened to the sister and Bella watches Jill out of remorse/regret/sense of loyalty. Could just be my old man memory misfiring. Let you know.....
Jill's sister is dead, yes, but the rest is what people are speculating about Bella and Jill's relationship, so it's kind of a merger of fact and theory.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well, DPC warned at the start that this game might not be for people going through a tough time, so I reckon we're going to some serious drama eventually, but not anywhere near the level of AL. Right now, I'd say we've had the 1st act of a 3 act structure:
  • Act I - Setup: Exposition, Inciting Incident, Plot Point One
  • Act II - Confrontation: Rising Action, Midpoint, Plot Point Two
  • Act III - Resolution: Pre Climax, Climax, Denouement.
As for your other questions, we kind of already know the answers to a couple of them. 1 & 2 are that it's used to finance the HOTs and Sage knows this, 6 is very likely to be for Maya to forget about Josy and stop being gay because her Dad is a small-minded bigot, and 7 is probably interpreted by them as a serious but secret relationship as I can't see them being all that OK with an open relationship.
That's why I chose those questions. We have lots of implied answers, but those answers seem incomplete or conflicting so I'd like to know the whole story. Take number 7.

On the one hand, the game makes a big deal about needing to make a choice, having Maya/Josy worry about the risk (to the point they will reject a DIK-ish MC), and all the talk about following their hearts. Sounds serious.

On the other hand, the Episode wrap up will explicitly say the MC isn't sure what the three of them are, since he's still out there dating. Sounds casual.

Combined, it's unclear to me both what the characters expect of the relationship, and what DPC thinks the relationship is being presented as. I'm hoping we get a better understanding of it when the story continues.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Doing a replay tonight, am I the only one who thinks the MC's father will die based on the opening narration about family?
No, it's likely just a metaphor about how friends can become family, especially when you go through some serious shit together.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
No, it's likely just a metaphor about how friends can become family, especially when you go through some serious shit together.
Yeah but so far, by my standard, nothing has been "serious shit".

Imagine DPC lurking and reading this thread
Bet he checks it but trying to keep up with all of us would be a monumental task. I feel sorry for the mod's when we get on these speculation kicks.

thjnh1591

Jul 17, 2018
Thanks for the replies. What I’m saying is I do have CHICK status though only at 6. I can probably get that to 10 with my back up save.

I thought major choices only impacted how many points you could have in the path. For example all Major DIK choices allow a 25 DIK affinity meanwhile it would limit you to 20 CHICK
I also tried it both ways but for some reason, the affinity still stays as 'DIK' even with massive CHICK. To get the Jill's shower scene, you can change the affinity in the console "SHIFT + O" at the end of the tennis game
Code:
affinity = u'CHICK'

Reactions: always86

Dec 20, 2019
Let me throw in something extra for the "debate" unless it was resolved and I missed it.

Who sent the pictures to Chad in the first place?

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes