FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Between Two Worlds [Chapter 1-5] [Drooskati] [MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original Size: 1.67GB
Repack size: 704MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / / /
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) =
(Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :)

Last edited:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
This story just keeps getting better and better. Now that the cat is out of the bag (kind of on the nose), interested to see what is going to happen! And the time spent with the girls was great. I'm glad things weren't rushed in that department and it is moving at a nice pace , well except for Auntie Em who is DTF right away lol.

Overall though, still loving this one. Hannah is still the best and can't wait till the next update to save Tosca! ;)

Aug 15, 2021
Heres the dumbass question of the day - what is the point of the D&D world? I see that some character renders between the worlds are shared (the goddess and the triplets and obviously the players) but other than that the d&d world just seems like its a bunch of filler content. What am I missing?

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Heres the dumbass question of the day - what is the point of the D&D world? I see that some character renders between the worlds are shared (the goddess and the triplets and obviously the players) but other than that the d&d world just seems like its a bunch of filler content. What am I missing?
To me...it seems like the worlds might eventually combine or something like that. The magic/mysticism is obviously leaking into the "real" world. I would not call it "filler" content as of now...it's more like imagination of their game taking form in a way we can visualize it.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
...what is the point of the D&D world?
To me...it seems like the worlds might eventually combine...
I believe the bridge "between the two worlds" will become effective at some point, both worlds merging or with all the gateways opened as we often see in this fantastic stories. We already have two seemingly opposing deity-like entities establishing their influence in each of the worlds and the MC's choices and path determining the final outcome of the clash... The characters passion for fantasy games becoming the heroes duty to save or conquer the realms. No filler whatsoever. Just my thoughts about it.

Aug 15, 2021
To me...it seems like the worlds might eventually combine or something like that. The magic/mysticism is obviously leaking into the "real" world. I would not call it "filler" content as of now...it's more like imagination of their game taking form in a way we can visualize it.
Given that the MC is not the DM I dont know how that is going to happen since everything is based on his friend's (dont remember his name) story. Since the friend did not read the magic book, form a contract with the demon lady or has anything to do with the magical stuff going on I wonder how that will happen. Maybe I am forgetting something but the magic/demon lady had nothing to do with the d&d world - she was imprisoned in a book that the MC found in the library which again has nothing to do with the d&d sections of the game.

I wonder if the MC's imagination going to slowly turn into reality and the D&D sessions are there just because it is when he most frequently exercises his imagination or if it is something else entirely. I guess I am trying to ask why the d&d sessions are so important - the renders are nice and all but the story significance is not clear to me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ann87ra and Vleder

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Given that the MC is not the DM I dont know how that is going to happen since everything is based on his friend's story.
But Alorine is already on both MC's and Oscar's (the DM) mind... What else will come from there and where will it originate from? That's not a coincidence.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab
Aug 15, 2021
But Alorine is already on both MC's and Oscar's (the DM) mind... What else will come from there and where will it originate from? That's not a coincidence.
Yeah there is some significance to having the d&d sessions - at least from the dev's perspective it would not make much sense to spend all that time making all those renders just for filler content. I am just curious to see how the D&D world is going to start impacting the real world since Oscar (the DM) has had nothing to do with magic so far and the MC is just a player in the DM's game and is limited by the DM's scenarios/characters/imagination.

It is similar to the MC playing any random video game or reading a random book that was created/written by someone else - what makes the D&D world so different from the story the MC is reading from a random book or from a video game the MC decides to play over the weekend? This is not clear to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vleder

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Drooskati Curious, although I may not get an answer this early, but
There is clearly a "resist" path and a "go along" one, but there are a lot of choices prior to the "Stab" the book event. Do the seemingly less important ones have an impact like a cumulative score or is the one final, clearly marked choice the only decider. I ask mainly as it helps me decide how many saves I might want. If it is one choice I will only need 2. But if there are levels of resist I might want more. I also understand if you are not willing to give the information away as yet.

Thanks

PEACE

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Drooskati Curious, although I may not get an answer this early, but
There is clearly a "resist" path and a "go along" one, but there are a lot of choices prior to the "Stab" the book event. Do the seemingly less important ones have an impact like a cumulative score or is the one final, clearly marked choice the only decider. I ask mainly as it helps me decide how many saves I might want. If it is one choice I will only need 2. But if there are levels of resist I might want more. I also understand if you are not willing to give the information away as yet.

Thanks
PEACE

There are minor and major choices. One major choice is equal to 5 minor choices. The difference between them is intentionally made clear. By the end of C5, there are a total of 6 impactful choices to be made. 1 major, and 5 minor. So you could have 10 evil points. You could have 10 good points. You could even be at a net zero.

Those choices will start coming into play with C6. If you've taken primarily a "good" path, you may lose the ability to respond to certain situations with a choice that would be outright evil. Same with the reverse. A good way to think about it, if you're familiar with D&D style TTRPG, is the alignment system. A Lawful Good Paladin simply cannot do an evil act. Someone who is Chaotic Evil isn't going to be charitable to other people, unless there is something in it for them (or maybe it causes harm, such as giving a poisoned apple to a begger).

Over the next 2, maybe 3 chapters, I will give the player time to settle into what they want to play. So, if you start out on a more evil path and decide you want to change your ways, you'll be able to adjust your alignment over time. You're not locked into it. Yet.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I'm almost done mirroring the other versions. I'm in the middle of moving, so my internet is pretty slow at the moment. Sorry :(

This is however an excellent time to remind everyone that BTW is available on Steam. Plus, for as little as $1/month in support on Patreon, you can get the latest files directly from me and my webserver at speeds SIGNIFICANTLY faster than any of the free file hosts offer :) Once you make your pledge, you will be able to access the Patreon Downloads link on my website. The changelog here on F95 has been updated as well, for those of you who are interested in that.

Also, I have a new trailer!

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
great story and great chapter, finally get to see Alorine in our world, can't wait for the future. If Alorine is evil would be great if we could convince her to join our world and put her evil ways behind her, maybe use her magic to set the group up for life, also what happened to the triplets and why haven't we learned their names yet? The game does need a walkthrough at this point though to track if we are good or evil, would hate to miss out on stuff because I didn't know my choices disabled me from seeing it.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Are Bailey, Shannon or Alorine LI's, or any others planed beside Skylar, Emily and Kaylee ?

Last edited:
Reactions: _baka_
Jan 28, 2019
I am greatly enjoying this game.

I think, as a general rule, starting the MC in a relationship is dangerous. Players go in feeling they don't know the person who is supposed to be their significant other, and sometimes with a predisposition to not like that character and look for their first chance to "branch out."
But I think it was a choice that was pulled off masterfully and pays off dividends in this game. I genuinely like Hannah, as a character and a love interest.

Oscar and Kenny are great additions. Games like this too rarely have few if any other male characters (for player fear of NTR no doubt), and the MC's male friend is usually a complete idiot. With these two, you have people to fill out the cast, who organically feel like great friends, and without the worry of NTR in the back of people's minds.
I also appreciate how the homosexuality is handled. Direct and bluntly acknowledged, to show there is no shame in it, but kept at bay also, so people who are more uncomfortable seeing aspects of it can play the game feeling, well, comfortable.

Going back to something I already said, I think one thing that this game has working magnificently for it is how organic their relationships feel. The cast is a solidly believable group of friends, who are well fleshed out.
I like how the MC is highly sexual and self confident, but neither a sex fiend, an idiot, or an asshole. He's a great guy, and I enjoy playing as him.
Skyler is great in the role of best friend to Hannah, and the writing does an excellent job of portraying her sweet and innocent and inexperienced, without depicting her as clueless or childish.

I am also a big fan of the choice system in the game. I usually play with a walkthrough. Not to see the best scenes, but to see something of the results my choices will have. But with this game's format, I feel very comfortable simply making choices, without worrying how it will effect progression. Without going back and replaying large sections with different choices, I don't know how much difference they make, but, and here's that word again, it feels like I reached the end of current content organically, with the choices I made. Not like I had to make the right choices, nor like choices didn't matter because the story is streamlined.
It makes for a very immersive experience.

Also, the tabletop gaming sessions are a lot of fun and very well done. Makes me miss my old DnD days.

So, while I have no criticisms, I do have a few notes on how a few things made me feel. Spoilers ahead. Not gonna do it line by line, but just gonna hide all I write, so be aware, if you open the spoiler tag.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts and feelings on the game so far.
I'm certainly very eager to pick it up again, as updates roll out.

Ah, updates. I also wanted to say that the chapter length is very nice. The game certainly doesn't feel rushed, and each chapter offers a respectable amount of new story and content.

4.40 star(s) 56 Votes