Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So many new releases this week, and right now all I want to do is replay a few of my favorites ... including this one.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
This should give you a decent idea how much longer you need to wait

That's actually pretty cool. I'll have to play slowly ... or just play normally and play again from scratch when 7 is released.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
This should give you a decent idea how much longer you need to wait

Thanks for sharing this :) Though to be fair, I developed a bunch of new environments and had to learn a handful of new lighting techniques to illuminate them. That's what has taken so long this Chapter. Many of my environments are made from scratch, not premade. While I absolutely use pre-made assets and props, it takes time to incorporate the assets from a dozen sources into an all new, never before used environment.

At this point, the environments are all done. Now I'm cranking through the actual renders pretty quickly. The above preview is from 07b. Shared it immediately after creating it :p

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I think my favorite part about this game (and what makes me kinda sad at the same time) is that it reminds me how much fun it was to have a gaming group with girls in it (and in person rather than on Roll20 for that matter ...)

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
i have a question for the dev, is the rest of the game going to be adventuring on that fantasy world or we can go back to earth at some point?

because the "slice of life" part of the story was really damn good and it kinda went to hell once we got teleported to D&Dland

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
i have a question for the dev, is the rest of the game going to be adventuring on that fantasy world or we can go back to earth at some point?

because the "slice of life" part of the story was really damn good and it kinda went to hell once we got teleported to D&Dland
The vast majority of the remaining game will be in Euchora. There will be a lengthy epilogue though, depending on your choices.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The vast majority of the remaining game will be in Euchora. There will be a lengthy epilogue though, depending on your choices.
My only follow-up question is one you shouldn't answer, so I will just leave it there ...

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I learned something today. Apparently, when you make a new project in Renpy, it adds what is known as a "seed" to help make it unique from other projects. In my case, the seed is "BetweenTwoWorlds-1623991542". The numbers are the number of seconds that have elapsed since 00:00:00 UTC, January 1st, 1970.

That means I created the BTW project in Renpy on June 17th, 2021. We just passed the two year mark of the official creation date for the game. That's incredible. Happy birthday!

In other news, Chapter 7 is coming to Patreon and Steam this Friday :)

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I learned something today. Apparently, when you make a new project in Renpy, it adds what is known as a "seed" to help make it unique from other projects. In my case, the seed is "BetweenTwoWorlds-1623991542". The numbers are the number of seconds that have elapsed since 00:00:00 UTC, January 1st, 1970.

That means I created the BTW project in Renpy on June 17th, 2021. We just passed the two year mark of the official creation date for the game. That's incredible. Happy birthday!

Your game and me are birthday buddies!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Drooskati

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023

Happy Anniversary, Droosk.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Drooskati
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes