Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Drooskati, this is surely your best work so far!
I particularly liked how you managed to portray the emotions and tension through the posing of the characters in almost every scene, either in those renders where they were all present or in several expressions in close ups and all... Excellent job on the settings and the small and lively animations. Also, the selection and use of the music is to be praised. Really good stuff!
I won't spoil things about this chapter but want to leave here an example of beauty from the previous:
Things of beauty.jpg
...just to tell there are more examples of beauty and awe in this new one.

Edit: Haha... "Captain of the... uh... Enterprise." That was a good one!

Aaaand...
You're assuming they don't eventually get drawn across as hostages ...
I doubt that will happen, Bailey was the only possible LI that didn't go with them.
Many stories with multiple worlds use a time dilution factor.
I guess we have some sort of answer now!...

Last edited:

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well...
He did get a handfull of gold pieces from Calysta and he's playing the Good route, so... Of course, if Emily remebers that it'll surely bite him in the ass. Not that he'll mind though... She probably would get a tighter grasp during the bath scene.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
@Drooskati, this is surely your best work so far!
Agreed. Great update.
Also, the selection and use of the music is to be praised.
Also agreed. I liked the Pirates of the Caribbean theme pastisch. :)
I guess we have some sort of answer now!...
A 1:3 time dilution is just right I think. It gives them some breathing room so not everything at home becomes a mess. But it still gives them pressure to not take too long time.

I don't think I'm going to be able to stomach the evil route. The MC is really too evil there. Especially the mind control puts me off.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
By the way, there are a handful of things in Chapter 7 that are going to tie into my next project :)
So the next project is going to be set in the same universe? Sounds nice.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Great update
I really liked the Hannah & Bailey scene near the end it was awesome

Edit - Also I did a quick evil run to get up to date on that path.
And I chose to Kill the giant & the Queen & mess with the girl's minds
I have to say I don't think I'm man enough for that path I think I'll delete that save.

Last edited:

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Edit - Also I did a quick evil run to get up to date on that path.
And I chose to Kill the giant & the Queen & mess with the girl's minds
I have to say I don't think I'm man enough for that path I think I'll delete that save.
Remember: This is all about exploring the darkness within Droosk's mind. It doesn't reflect on you as a yooman bean at all. Aren't you curious to see to what degree a power-hungry MC will go to fulfill his dreams of becoming one of the most powerful magi the world has ever seen? And, more importantly, will you play that evil role with varying degrees of secrecy with your group to see whether that makes a difference in MC's success or failure on his path to world domination?

Toss more popcorn in the microwave, will ya? It's gonna be good.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Joshy92

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Aren't you curious to see to what degree a power-hungry MC will go to fulfill his dreams of becoming one of the most powerful magi the world has ever seen?
What use is power when he is mind-controlled by Kaylee anyway? You don't really think Kaylee did exactly what MC asked, do you? If she can manipulate Hannah and the others, she can manipulate MC. :devilish:
world domination
Sounds much too bothersome. Just endless things to do to govern the world.

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020
Really enjoyed the update, I'm very much sticking to the "good guy" path but I expect I will try out the alternatives once the story has concluded.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I think it's Ch4, but when texting with Oscar the chat goes from August (in prep for the party) to mid January (right after the girls crashing to do yoga). That didn't seem to be the intention from the pacing at least.

*edit
The dates get super wacky. The ones on the phone jump all around summer, then the topic of a winter Mexico vacation comes up in ~2 months. Not game ruining, but a little bit of continuity whiplash.

Last edited:

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Oscar is a little bit of a problematic GM. Not fully GM vs. PCs, but that potion call seemed punitive and not best practices. Hopefully there's some growth there, super young group after all. Usually it's best to reward engagement and creative thinking, not flip it into a party splitting bargain decision, just because plans were a bit foiled.

Also, MC gets so much spotlight, it's kinda crazy. Seems almost like the GM is dating him and playing favourites.

Last edited:
Reactions: S1nsational

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Oscar is a little bit of a problematic GM. Not fully GM vs. PCs, but that potion call seemed punitive and not best practices. Hopefully there's some growth there, super young group after all. Usually it's best to reward engagement and creative thinking, not flip it into a party splitting bargain decision, just because plans were a bit foiled.

Also, MC gets so much spotlight, it's kinda crazy. Seems almost like the GM is dating him and playing favourites.
Sounds like you're far enough in to realize there may actually be a reason for that, but it's definitely a "hindsight is 20/20" reason.

While your points are valid, I don't think that makes him a bad GM (which you didn't say), but it does make him a realistic one (even without the hindsight).

Also, who says Oscar doesn't have a secret crush on the MC? Nothing that's happened in game would go against that possibility.

EDIT: This too ...
Since MC is the main character for the AVN, the scenes we see most have to do with him, creating an MC biased view of the game. We don't get to see the entirety RP of the party, only bits and pieces.

Last edited:

Derran

Oct 28, 2022

Since MC is the main character for the AVN, the scenes we see most have to do with him, creating an MC biased view of the game. We don't get to see the entirety RP of the party, only bits and pieces.

Reactions: Vleder and Elhemeer

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Sounds like you're far enough in to realize there may actually be a reason for that, but it's definitely a "hindsight is 20/20" reason.

While your points are valid, I don't think that makes him a bad GM (which you didn't say), but it does make him a realistic one (even without the hindsight).

Also, who says Oscar doesn't have a secret crush on the MC? Nothing that's happened in game would go against that possibility.

EDIT: This too ...
Just finished what's released. And absolutely, I love how he's very much a realistic GM, especially for their level of experience. The characters are just so well developed, it's great and crazy.

Very excited for upcoming chapters.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
That always seems to be a tough part of the medium and story. This AVN seems to have hit the perfect balance of showing as well as hinting. And because of the medium, of course you'll lean into the MC getting more screen time. I do like how there's a bit of an unreliable narrator in parts.

Overall, it's smashing. Super stoked to see where it goes. This snuck into my top 10 with confidence.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes