Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Nice "sale", indeed. Increasing game price +100%, and then cutting 40%. Just sayin...

View attachment 3215226
Dunno what is going on with Kazakhstan (Where this chart is from, and which you strangely decided to omit). Yes, the price increased nearly five months ago. But by 25%, not 100%. This was ALWAYS planned to be the case. $11.99 was the initial price, moving to $14.99 after a year. Here's the real chart:

1703870768071.png

My guess is that Kazakhstan got a recommended adjustment from Steam at the same time and I just went with it. Yes, Steam recommends prices. Steam also automatically adjusts our prices at times, most recently with Argentina and Turkey. For most currencies, the sale price is at or below the lowest historical level.

Maybe in the future, say something about this kind of thing as a question, rather than some bullshit ass passive aggressive accusation.

Edit: And the dude is dumb enough to facepalm this response. Classic.

Last edited:

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Dunno what is going on with Kazakhstan (Where this chart is from, and which you strangely decided to omit). Yes, the price increased nearly five months ago. But by 25%, not 100%. This was ALWAYS planned to be the case. $11.99 was the initial price, moving to $14.99 after a year. Here's the real chart:

View attachment 3215337

My guess is that Kazakhstan got a recommended adjustment from Steam at the same time and I just went with it. Yes, Steam recommends prices. Steam also automatically adjusts our prices at times, most recently with Argentina and Turkey. For most currencies, the sale price is at or below the lowest historical level.

Maybe in the future, say something about this kind of thing as a question, rather than some bullshit ass passive aggressive accusation.

Was there no gallery updates for the Steam version? I played it there yesterday and checked the gallery afterwards and it was blank for Chapters 7&8.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Was there no gallery updates for the Steam version? I played it there yesterday and checked the gallery afterwards and it was blank for Chapters 7&8.
I've been focusing on the primary content to finish the update before the end of the year. I'll be working on gallery images during breaks from writing over the coming weeks.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: jaw1986baby

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
I think it's you who is dumb, if you think that your game have more value, than for example Mass Effect Legendary Edition or Skyrim, which is both priced at 1999₸ right now on sale, when your game costs 2460₸.
Even greedy ass publishers like EA and Bethesda understand, that blindly following "recommended prices" won't give you any money, and increasing game base price is just bad PR, which will alienate your potential customers.

But you can set any price you want I don't really care there are thousands of other completed and competitively priced games in Steam to spend money on.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think it's you who is dumb, if you think that your game have more value, than for example Mass Effect Legendary Edition or Skyrim, which is both priced at 1999₸ right now on sale, when your game costs 2460₸.
Even greedy ass publishers like EA and Bethesda understand, that blindly following "recommended prices" won't give you any money, and increasing game base price is just bad PR, which will alienate your potential customers.

But you can set any price you want I don't really care there are thousands of other completed and competitively priced games in Steam to spend money on.
You're actually dumb enough to use 2, 10+ year old games as an example?

Priceless...

Astrocreep137

Aug 3, 2022
He also conveniently cropped out what country

View attachment 3215337

He also conveniently cropped out of his screenshot what country that occurred in as if he was looking to stir a shit pot.

Astrocreep137

Aug 3, 2022

Were you born stupid? Or have you just become stupid over time?

"increasing game base price"

I'm not sure what kind of sales genius you think you are, but, the initial pricing is based on the amount of content in the beginning (1 chapter for example). It's an introductory price. As with ALL AVN's they, over time, gain MORE content and at a certain point the initial price is raised to reflect that content being offered in the season with X amount of chapters as it progresses.

Bethesda and EA do a similar thing by charging for DLC (adding a season or chapter to their base game which you have already purchased). Most of the time you are not getting DLC for free from these companies. So, as an AVN creator you have a choice:

A) raise the base price over time (because it has more content, thus more value)

B) or charge for each chapter added.

The fact is that over time more value is added, thus warranting a higher price for a new person buying the game vs. a person that was an initial purchaser (they get a deal having been there from the start). Not that this is what has happened here as Steam raises and lowers prices as they see fit (NOT THE CREATOR'S FAULT). The author has the right to raise his price as more content is added which makes perfect sense. Again, not that he did that here.

Reactions: 608xperience

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
It's only been out, what a day or two....
well some people expect the new update to drop on a pirate site as soon as it's out, but this one doesn't have a huge following yet, and the fans who actually pay for it like me won't likely put it out there :)

Reactions: moondrake

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
well some people expect the new update to drop on a pirate site as soon as it's out, but this one doesn't have a huge following yet, and the fans who actually pay for it like me won't likely put it out there :)
It's sitting in my Steam manage downloads and waiting to update, I bought it like when it first came to Steam, and didn't even realize for the longest time it was this game here :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Elduriel

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020

See, the funny part is that if you hadn't been an asshole about it, I'd have immediately gone and adjusted the price. Hell, I might even have given you a free key as a thank you for pointing out the disparity. But no, you had to be a tool. That's fine.

I actually agree with you. The price is too high for Kazakhstan. If you spent 10 seconds looking at other non-USA prices, you'd see that I often evaluate my pricing in comparison to trends on various countries. Here's Brazil, as an example:

1703890699072.png

Literally every person in this thread, or in my Discord, or in my community in general, will tell you that I'm one of the most responsive and communicative devs out there. I ALWAYS make myself available to people, whether you buy the game or pirate it.

Try to be a better person in the future. You might be surprised at the results. I'll adjust the Kazakhstan price next month, after the sale ends.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Literally every person in this thread, or in my Discord, or in my community in general, will tell you that I'm one of the most responsive and communicative devs out there. I ALWAYS make myself available to people, whether you buy the game or pirate it.
You are a gem of a Dev. I've been on the internet since the days of 300 baud modems and people have become shite the last 8-10 year and getting worse. No one know how to self censor anymore. Don't like something, move the fuck on and shut the fuck up. No, they have to give good people like you hard fucking time. I first played your game from here, then bought it Steam and support you on SS because you are a Dev worthy of it. 6 devs have earned my trust to support them. Sorry so many people are becoming assholes and you have to deal with this shit.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
You are a gem of a Dev. I've been on the internet since the days of 300 baud modems and people have become shite the last 8-10 year and getting worse. No one know how to self censor anymore. Don't like something, move the fuck on and shut the fuck up. No, they have to give good people like you hard fucking time. I first played your game from here, then bought it Steam and support you on SS because you are a Dev worthy of it. 6 devs have earned my trust to support them. Sorry so many people are becoming assholes and you have to deal with this shit.
My first computer was a Kaypro with a 300 baud modem and a 5" amber screen lol. I played TW2002 on that for so long. You could literally read the text as fast as it would appear on the screen.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
My first computer was a Kaypro with a 300 baud modem and a 5" amber screen lol. I played TW2002 on that for so long. You could literally read the text as fast as it would appear on the screen.
Now you're just bragging... :sneaky:

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
umm, try a Tandy 3000. That. Is. All. By the way, what is a modem?

Reactions: gojira667

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
This is the reason if you make another game after this is complete I will buy it on steam or w/e even if it isn't for me. Because I love it when devs are active. Which makes me even happier that I bought your game a while back. I didn't even know if I would like it back then I just loved the animations on the steam trailer.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes