Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
My answers are in your quote in RED

(the quoted stuff)

NOTE: I own this on Steam and it was worth every penny and then some
The only thing I'll say is I DO think the main LI seems more like a friend. But I don't think she feels less of an LI because of it, and I really love that about her.

Reactions: ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It's worth mentioning that the biggest aspect of all the group getting more daring/sexual/confident has heaps to do with Alorine's meddling. Everyone in the group was messed with and that has had lasting impact. It's also why Bailey was so quick to engage when getting busted being a voyeur.
Alorine certainly claimed credit for that, but it's not clear how much influence she really had on the rest of the party. In either case, I still think it diminishes the gravitas of pulling the party into another world if we can legitimately debate how much effect the otherworldly forces have on our characters.

It's because she didn't meet the group earlier. In Chapter 2, Rhaskin's presence is 100% fantasy born out of Oscar's story as the dungeon master. The group recognize her by name alone by virtue of the DnD game. Rhaskin, however, has no context for anything; for her, she's meeting the group for the first time. MC and Oscar are quick enough to recognize that involving these people in discussing the mystery of their earlier "interaction" would potentially be compromising for the group's safety.
I can understand why Raskin doesn't recognize them, my point is that it isn't very interesting to go through the effort of meeting her again when nothing's changed. If Raskin mistook them for their characters that would be one way to shake things up the second time, but there are other possibilities ,too. What if, say, Emily turned out to like the real Raskin? That could spark an interesting discussion, and maybe play into Oscar's ruminations about his skill as a GM, too.

I'm just looking for ways the characters' experience prior to being yoinked would change how they act now that they're in Euchora. Thus far that seems to be limited to the light/dark paths, and even that is more about shaping the MC's general outlook than it is about consequences or wisdom gained from specific events. The early chapters gave us time to get to know the cast (including Alorine), but otherwise I'm not sure the story would transpire all that differently if the game started in Chapter 6.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying that to knock the early game: it was awesome. I'm just pointing out that the more recent chapters feel flat (IMHO anyway) because they've mostly been doing the same things we saw in the Pathfinder game, just now it's "real." Intellectually, sure, that's a big change. But for the audience it's old hat - with the added disadvantage that we no longer have the real world content to contrast the sword and sorcery stuff.

The game is still good, but it feels stagnant.

View attachment 3247945

Tell me you haven't actually played the game, without telling me you haven't actually played the game. Gotta love low IQ people who have no idea what they are talking about heh.

Edit: by the way, this is why we devs need the reasonable people out there who play our games to review them. I'm not saying you should give us all 5 stars if you have legitimate complaints. But people like the mental midget above ruin the rating system by leaving pointless reviews that are completely detached from reality.

So, go do a review, you fucking leeches! :p
I know I really should write reviews for a bunch of games I like, but I just can't bring myself to review something that isn't remotely finished yet. I'm reviewing my hopes and dreams at least as much as the game, and that isn't always fair - as my recent comments sort of illustrate. I'd much rather save the formal review for when the game is finished and offer what other support I can (be it advise, money or visibility) in the meantime.

checking reviews and trying to decide whether I should add this to my to-play list

Can I ask which part of the review differs from the actual game?
- too long to get to the main premise
- choices are limited
- forced love interest
- choices are not impactful to the plot
- characters are flat and uninteresting
- love interest seems more like a friend

And in your opinion, what is the best part of your game?

I also noticed that this person almost only give 1 star reviews with the exception of one 2-star and one 5-star review.
Others have already replied, but since I'm weaseling out of writing my own review I might as well answer your questions.

- too long to get to the main premise?
If anything I'd say the opposite: the main premise has underwhelmed compared to the setup. The early chapters do a fantastic job introducing the cast, are very well paced, and show one of the better Pathfinder games-within-a-game I've come across.

- choices are limited?
Choices are fairly typical for an AVN. I will say, however, that the game doesn't always do the best job reacting to our choices. The biggest changes require more than one choice to set in motion, which makes logical sense but winds up obscuring impact of a given choice. The smaller choices have more specific impact, but the results can be subtle and sometimes hard to discern.

- forced love interest?
This is definitely true; if you absolutely cannot tolerate starting the game with an establish SO, you'll probably want to skip this.

That said, this is the best implementation of the trope I've seen in an AVN, The girlfriend, Hannah, is great (and a lovely redhead, if that's your thing). More importantly, she isn't here just to be stolen or to justify the MC cheating on her: she and the MC take their relationship seriously, and I find it very enjoyable.

- choices are not impactful to the plot?
See above. Your choices have an impact in aggregate, but that may or may not be satisfying in the moment depending on your preferences (and how willing you are to play the other paths).

- characters are flat and uninteresting?
This is obviously a judgement call, but I strongly disagree. The cast is well fleshed out, with a variety of dynamics between them. The only potential weak link is the antagonist (who's thus far has been your typical sealed-evil-in-a-can looking to seduce the MC to the dark side of the force), but she works well enough and there's still room for her to grow.

- love interest seems more like a friend?
If they mean the girlfriend is more of a romance than a dirty affair, I suppose that would be true. Personally, however, I'd hardly call that a bad thing. :love:

- in your opinion, what is the best part of your game?
Hannah, hands down. She's gorgeous, sweet, and just plain fun to be around.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Yes. The Djinn in the earlier chapter was purely a part of the DnD game world, but we've seen that Alorine managed to inject all of that Euchora stuff into the real world, so we should expect the Djinn also likewise exists.
i do hope so. It was one of the more interesting quest where we made multiple choices. I hope the choices will have proper impact in the story

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
checking reviews and trying to decide whether I should add this to my to-play list

Can I ask which part of the review differs from the actual game?
- too long to get to the main premise

Some say it's too long. Some don't. This is purely subjective. I intentionally took plenty of time at the start to properly introduce the characters (on BOTH sides of the coin), flesh them out, build up the world, etc. BTW is meant to be story first, so, the story came first :)

- choices are limited

Not at all. The choices have actual PURPOSE. Some of them will result in an immediate direction change in the story. Others have longer term impacts that take time to resolve. BTW stands out a bit BECAUSE choices tend not to have immediate results, and the flow into those results, when they happen, does so naturally. You will often never know that a thing is happening due to previous choices. That's a GOOD thing in story telling. Also, while there is a lot of crossover between the good and evil lines, there are SIGNIFICANT differences as well. Quite a few scenes that play out entirely differently, or are simply extra, on each path.

- forced love interest

Yes. Hannah. And she's perfection.

- choices are not impactful to the plot

See above. Hell, here's a post from the Steam forums that says everything:

1705076912914.png

This person discovered a whole new chunk of content by ACCIDENTALLY making different choices lol.

- characters are flat and uninteresting

Every single character has their own unique, stand out personality. The only people who will find them "flat and uninteresting" are the people who "play" games by holding down ctrl.

- love interest seems more like a friend

The MC and girlfriend have been together for a couple years. They are ABSOLUTELY friends, but they are also very much so in love. The relationship between them is often one of the most praised aspects, tbh. The other ladies are long term friends who have decided to have fun with you, with no strings attached. But it was hinted at early on that "no strings" is easier said than done.

And in your opinion, what is the best part of your game?

This is like asking a parent to pick a favorite child.

Kylemnb

Sep 2, 2021
What's the difference between the downloads and the chapter 7 download? Is it like 1-7 or is 7 standalone?

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
i have a few AVN's on steam, the codes for them were all given to me, except this one, i bought this one. i rarely have money to spare so me actually buying an AVN on steam should say something

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
i have a few AVN's on steam, the codes for them were all given to me, except this one, i bought this one. i rarely have money to spare so me actually buy an AVN on steam should say something
In the same boat as you with spare money. I've bought a few on Steam though and this is one of them.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I have just finished my second run on the game. Both have been in the Harem route, one resisting Alorine and being Mr good pal, and another giving to her, but trying to be a "not so bad" guy, in the +10/-10 range, leaning to minus.

Have anyone tried other combos, let´s say Allied with Alorine but good guy, or fighting her but bad (or at least grey) guy? There are enough difference to justify make a run, or the main difference in content are just the choice of fighting Alorine or ally with her?

Last edited:

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
I have just finished my second run on the game. Both have been in the Harem route, one resisting Alorine and being Mr good pal, and another giving to her, but trying to be a "not so bad" guy, in the +10/-10 range, leaning to minus.

Have anyone tried other combos, let´s say Allied with Alorine but good guy, or fighting her but bad (or at least grey) guy? There are enough difference to justify make a run, or the main difference in content are just the choice of fighting Alorine or ally with her?
Whether there are enough differences or not is all about what you want to get out of the game. Personally, I enjoy experiencing whatever the dev decided would a suitable outcome for a particular decision. In that light, I think the differences are worth it. Some of the changes are very subtle. Others are likely to come back and bite you later, e.g.:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think all these things are interesting to explore/experience.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes