3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Reactions: spiffs

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
I just downloaded the update and now all the 'white text' to the left of the dialogue choices is in Russian and the Dialogue choices themselves are in English. Any clue on how i can fix this? And no, changing language in the preferences doesn't fix it.

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
I just downloaded the update and now all the 'white text' to the left of the dialogue choices is in Russian and the Dialogue choices themselves are in English. Any clue on how i can fix this? And no, changing language in the preferences doesn't fix it.
What OS are you using?

spiffs

May 20, 2019

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Can you specify what "the update" is, and which game version (version, compressed/uncompressed) you used previously?
Because the bugfix alone should not cause such behaviour.

Btw,
A couple of days ago someone had a similar problem and asked for the translation file, which I then provided.
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-v0-07-p1-03-extra-aleksey90.43101/post-7102042
Maybe this will fix your problem too.

Reactions: caramoore

Bird1019

Dec 9, 2017
Not responding to anyone specifically but I see a lot of hate messages in this thread.
I know updates haven't been often and there hasn't been any crazy new systems or stories implemented from the original BB, but I can 100% say I enjoy this version way more than Glamour.
Idk what it is, Glamour just feels too clean and bores me. At least this dev hasn't abandoned the game to make another of the same game and take 2 years to get back to the same point he was at with his abandoned game. And I genuinely think the models look the best in this.
Also Alice with those pajama shorts...

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
Can you specify what "the update" is, and which game version (version, compressed/uncompressed) you used previously?
Because the bugfix alone should not cause such behaviour.

Btw,
A couple of days ago someone had a similar problem and asked for the translation file, which I then provided.
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-v0-07-p1-03-extra-aleksey90.43101/post-7102042
Maybe this will fix your problem too.
Sorry for the delay in response. The update that i downloaded was the Win/Linux Mega link update on the first page.

Could the issue perhaps have been caused by my habit of overwriting files onto the old installation? I usuallly extract new updates and then copy into the old file and overwrite when prompted. Even doing that though I can't see how one half of a file could end up translated and the dialogue options be translated.

I have noticed though that the occasional line of dialogue in 'white' to the left of the dialogue choices is translated. But it's very few of them.

I'll do a clean full install of the new update and see what happens too. Thanks though for the response and the link to your translation.

Edit: Well i can confirm that a clean install has fixed it. How wierd is it that it only affected the dialogue and not the choices though?

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Sorry for the delay in response. The update that i downloaded was the Win/Linux Mega link update on the first page.
Ok, that's the basic game version. Becasue I don't see anything with "Update" in the link title. I thought you were talking about the bugfix (which you should also install, since it fixes a few script errors).

Could the issue perhaps have been caused by my habit of overwriting files onto the old installation? I usuallly extract new updates and then copy into the old file and overwrite when prompted. Even doing that though I can't see how one half of a file could end up translated and the dialogue options be translated.
Yes, that can be a problem because of the order in which files are looked up.
Let's say, the game looks for a file named hello.txt
First it looks for files that actually have that name.
If it can't find any, it looks into the .rpa archive files to see if such a entry is there.
If now two .rpa files contain such a entry, then you can't predict which one will be used (I GUESS it looks in a alphabetical order, but that's just a guess).

I'll do a clean full install of the new update and see what happens too. Thanks though for the response and the link to your translation.
Edit: Well i can confirm that a clean install has fixed it. How wierd is it that it only affected the dialogue and not the choices though?
Actually it's not really weird. Because of the behaviour I mentioned above, the game found an outdated translations file.
Of couse I don't know exactly in what order the translations were made, but I think we can safely assume that menus and simple texts were translated earlier, before the dialogues. Also, blackpanther at some point posted an updated translation file which contains the texts for more languages, which means that at the time of the release not all translations for all languages were made.
Now the engine displays the default text for anything it can't find in the translation file.

Always do a clean install and only copy the savegames (and - if you use it - the lovetime patch). Also don't forget to install bugfixes (in this case 0.7.p1.03), that avoids questions like "I can't proceed on the take care or your ass quest" :)

Reactions: caramoore

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Not responding to anyone specifically but I see a lot of hate messages in this thread.
I know updates haven't been often and there hasn't been any crazy new systems or stories implemented from the original BB, but I can 100% say I enjoy this version way more than Glamour.
Idk what it is, Glamour just feels too clean and bores me. At least this dev hasn't abandoned the game to make another of the same game and take 2 years to get back to the same point he was at with his abandoned game. And I genuinely think the models look the best in this.
Also Alice with those pajama shorts...
Yeah, there had been some trolls here (all with new accounts, no "known", "active" or "dedicated" members) who tried to stir things up. For now they have become silent, which may change again of course.
Usually most people are quite friendly here (Of course it can happen that someone has a bad day). Except for pro/contra Eric/NTR the conversations are quite civilized.
Mooooaaar Alice please ...!!
I am definitly not into SM, but I love how her attempt to control Max went sideways. I would like to see more of that: Not the leather stuff, but her trying to play a prank or him or something, maybe grab him for a change to tease him, challenge him and (optionally) failing miserably. She should definitly be more active and this SM scene was a good step towards that direction.
Usually these stories go from "how dare you!" straight to a BJ (which we already had here, but she was drunk), missing all the stuff that can happen in between.

I'm not so much interested in: "when can I finally bang my mom from behind", but more in some fun events between the chars, which of course can also lead to some very close sweaty interaction, but not necessarily.

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 91 Votes