RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
The dev don't go here though
I'm the only moderator to look here
What I said about Patreon checks still stands tho. I'm pretty damn sure all of the backers would agree with me that they didn't kept putting money on the game to have a hotfix months later after the last version with an explanation why the game's development has slowed down almost to a hault. I would rather have him sending a message now saying that IRL shit have been keeping him busy and release afterwards a build with ACTUAL content instead of a hotfix months later while saying he's struggling. Cause honestly he could have said that a while ago and THEN release this update now. Things would make a lot more sense.

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
Really sad, I was looking something similar so I tried wicked island but omg... that thing is full of bugs, unplayable "building" system, you get stuck anywhere and for any reason, the monster are ugly and so on... what I mean is if you compare both games this one is not that bad...

_hmmm_

Apr 6, 2021
ok, so i searched through this forum and cant find a solution, i cant activate the cheats, i know where they are, i oppened the console, but after writing the command and pressing enter(tried the button on screen also), nothing happens,(version 97, and 97A had the same problem, 95 didnt), what am i doing wrong?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BreedersOfTheNephelym-0.761
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Maybe a noob question at this point but since I haven't given basically two fucks about any progression related thingys, I hate to ask but.... What exactly the whole Essence stuff does? XD

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Really sad, I was looking something similar so I tried wicked island but omg... that thing is full of bugs, unplayable "building" system, you get stuck anywhere and for any reason, the monster are ugly and so on... what I mean is if you compare both games this one is not that bad...
BOTN has been in development for 3x longer. In the past 3 years alone we've only really seen a revamp of the world progression, addition of 1 species (rabbits), and integration of sex toys. The main strength this game has is the in depth character editor, which hilariously is locked behind a paywall.

Almost any project posted on this site with the Unreal tag is plagued with bugs, lackluster updates, and performance issues. It's an engine that's inheriting the Unity curse (i.e. amateur devs getting in way over their heads).

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Maybe a noob question at this point but since I haven't given basically two fucks about any progression related thingys, I hate to ask but.... What exactly the whole Essence stuff does? XD
TL;DR: Essence levels are what determine the rarity of wild nephelym.

The essence system is the replacement for the world level system. Going off of memory, when the nephelym rarity was introduced he also made every race have a "level" that would determine the spawn rate of the various rarities added. It had a few changes from its initial inception but initially, in order to progress you would have to release captured or bred nephelym out into the wild which would add points to that races level which would then eventually level it up. It was grindy and unclear at first but then he raised the "experience" needed to level but also increased the experience payout to offset that along with getting a bigger bonus for releasing pregnant, high level females.

Then he separated all the genders (male/female/futa) into their own separate experience pools and made it have comparatively less effect on higher rarity spawns and also removed the release requirement, instead opting into a system where you have to jump through specific hoops to "level up" a races essence such has having specific traits on specific races.

I haven't played the latest update but going off of the patch notes it looks to still be the same, just less vague.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RubyZeronyka

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
TL;DR: Essence levels are what determine the rarity of wild nephelym.

The essence system is the replacement for the world level system. Going off of memory, when the nephelym rarity was introduced he also made every race have a "level" that would determine the spawn rate of the various rarities added. It had a few changes from its initial inception but initially, in order to progress you would have to release captured or bred nephelym out into the wild which would add points to that races level which would then eventually level it up. It was grindy and unclear at first but then he raised the "experience" needed to level but also increased the experience payout to offset that along with getting a bigger bonus for releasing pregnant, high level females.

Then he separated all the genders (male/female/futa) into their own separate experience pools and made it have comparatively less effect on higher rarity spawns and also removed the release requirement, instead opting into a system where you have to jump through specific hoops to "level up" a races essence such has having specific traits on specific races.

I haven't played the latest update but going off of the patch notes it looks to still be the same, just less vague.
So what I'm taking is that he took the already grindy as hell system of the World Level and made it astronomically grindier on newer aspects u didn't had to deal with before? D:

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
So what I'm taking is that he took the already grindy as hell system of the World Level and made it astronomically grindier on newer aspects u didn't had to deal with before? D:
It's kind of his M.O. to make things more time consuming without making it interesting, probably a consequence of him not actually playing games. In his defense I will say that this system is more interesting than what came before and I can understand why he went in this direction to make breeding more involved, it's a step in the right direction in my opinion. However I can't say the same for how portals, breeding, and gates work right now.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
a consequence of him not actually playing games
Why would someone who doesn’t play games ever decide to become a solo dev?

Like, I can understand someone studying modelling or something and joining a team just because it’s a business with lots of opportunity at the moment, without having any real passion for games; but how does one decide to start developing a game on their own via Patreon and the like without being first a passionate gamer himself?

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Why would someone who doesn’t play games ever decide to become a solo dev?

Like, I can understand someone studying modelling or something and joining a team just because it’s a business with lots of opportunity at the moment, without having any real passion for games; but how does one decide to start developing a game on their own via Patreon and the like without being first a passionate gamer himself?
I don't know but the pessimist in me wants to say he's doing it for the money. He's stated a few times on discord that while he doesn't play games he does like dark souls and wants to deliver the lore in this game in a similar fashion. When I found this out, all the odd decisions he has made over the years finally began to add up. I still think that if he listens to his patrons (assuming they don't just blindly agree with every decision) he can turn it around even if he doesn't see the logic in some concessions like making portals available to be unlocked from the start.

Jace 552277

Apr 23, 2018
I don't know but the pessimist in me wants to say he's doing it for the money.
Lets be honest, it is 100% for the money. A minor update with things that should have been added in the initial UI update and it all took what? 6 months? If the guy wanted to deliver lore like a Souls game then why not have more lore and items with lore descriptions? Why don't characters talk about the world aside from "We really horny ;P"? Hell. Why not make the gameplay more like Dark Souls if the only games he likes are DS? Defeat a wild Neph in combat then dominate it in order to bring it back to the ranch?

There is being a pessimist and there is being a realist observing trends in these types of games.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes