blapanda

Jul 28, 2017
UE4 has quite a bit of different declaration and functions than UE5, which did either receive a reinterpretation or are completely obsolete. Fixing those issues requires a lot of time (depending on the size of the game, like this one here, it will require a lot of time).
It is not like updating from visual studio, mssql enterprise or any other language IDE or code editor from 2012, 2017 or whatever to the most updated one and hoping everything to be good after all (which are also btw reimplementing and reinterpretating declarations, function logics and variables new at some times...).

The benefits switching over to UE5 on the other hand are enormous. DLSS function is properly working, high end Lumen, updated Raytracing logics, realistic water and so on, but also lots of bugs and crashes while handling the damn software.
3 months of development on my own end resulted into approx 700mb of crash logs (over 400 files). This is no where stable as an editor, no clue if it is stable while using the client version (packed game).

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
The area in the UE4 version (which was a demo starting area, just for reference) isn't going to be accessible initially in the UE5 version because it was, per the devs, originally intended to be toward the game's midpoint. Instead the UE5 version is starting off in the actual starting area. That means that the currently accessible map, quests, and NPCs will, for the most part, be inaccessible (and likely unimplemented) on launch.

The big reason we're getting the UE5 version now rather than last winter is that they wanted to launch UE5 with pregnancy, and the faction tied to pregnancy (and more specifically, the place you go when you have a kid) is not in that starting area. And they decided to hold off on release until they could sufficiently detail the relevant area, faction, and quests.

All this is detailed in their devlogs, most of which get bundled into steam announcements and/or have been copied into this thread at some point or another.

Eisa

Donor
Jul 23, 2017
anybody knows how to edit a save to change the gold? cuz i know save editor but i tried every save file to edit and nothing shows the amount for me to change for the gold one or anything else tbh.

Nov 18, 2017
anybody knows how to edit a save to change the gold? cuz i know save editor but i tried every save file to edit and nothing shows the amount for me to change for the gold one or anything else tbh.
Take your latest quicksave slot from appdata/local/Carnal Instinct/Saved/Savegames. The latest quicksave should be named Quicksave_Slot#.sav with # being the highest number.
Make a backup somewhere in case you break the save file and then go to saveeditonline and upload the save.
In there, find the Gold parameter, I have it between last VendorGold and InventorySize. The easiest way to find it is by remembering how much gold you had and then look for that specific number.
Click the green number on the right of the Gold param and change it to how much gold you want.
Then click Download Quickslave_Slot# button on the bottom of the page and put that one in the save file location.
Launch the game and Load the savefile through the Load option in the Main Menu.

Jun 28, 2020
I really don't understand the "need" to change to UE5, i know it's latest technology and all but still, the game already looks good enough and runs fine as it is, i would have preferred more actual content.
I really hope after the change it doesn't become a broken, buggy and unoptimized mess.
UE5 is insanely better for a developer standpoint. So its not like theres no good reason. There's a lot. The question is how long are they going to keep extending the content drops to fit the new engine.

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
Honestly one minor thing with the UE4 version that I hope gets fixed is how you fill up merchant inventories when you sell them random junk for coin and that they never restock or remove the junk so you can't sell more since getting things like arrows is really damn annoying

Wikifeet69

Feb 3, 2023
So... I've managed to figure out that saving and loading often is the main cause of despawning npc's in the game so if you save in the middle of a quest then don't expect to be able to load a save during the quest and complete it.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
How about a players with win7 or lower,who had just low pc? as far as I know UE5 wont work on win7 or below,not to mention Its just not worth to change win on older pc (It wont work very well) I had x2 pc one had 10 years,the second has just 6 month,and this game work on low setting on my 10 year old pc,gusse after next update that wont happen anymore.

So If someone had low pc have In mind that this relase was the last one they will be able to play.
bruh
having low-end PC is one thing
running a deprecated and unsupported system is another
I would've understood expecting someone to think about Win7 in 2019 maybe, but the extended support from Microsoft ended in 2020
you can't seriously expect anyone to cater to win7 for past 3 years

Lumipos

Jul 20, 2022
As a female character, is there a way to find a cock to fuck? I tried to check the encounters but only found women, not even futas.

Aug 8, 2017
Regarding the discussion of UE4 to UE5, they aren't the only devs migrating an already-extant project to the new engine. See this video for a discussion by Coffee Stain Studios on why they're making the same change in Satisfactory:

(Unlike Carnal Instinct, CSS isn't funded by subscriptions, so the "Milking those patreon bucks" is not even wrong.)

MagowDeath

Jul 19, 2017
As a female character, is there a way to find a cock to fuck? I tried to check the encounters but only found women, not even futas.
Press F (shows you NPCs Pink(Female) Purple(Futa) Blue(Male) that you can interact with to have intercourse (DSS version mostly) majority encounters are for Futa/male while some Lesbian stuff is sprinkled around the map / npc interaction.
that i can remember

ikh22ty

Apr 23, 2019
you can insert AutoTranslator into the game English version, on the Russian version of the game, when you click on the task it is not pressed to take the task

Reactions: leon.falkon

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Anyone know how to solve the milk and honey, I got the note in the cave, but nothing happened, I can't interact with the hanged body for the key I assume so any fixes would be appreciated.

shiro00000

Apr 5, 2021
i'm stuck in the statue of anubyss quest where you have to retrieve his eye, in the quest where you need to use the night lotus plant and the havar's lost necklace... i have all the items in my inventory but the game doesnt give me the option to retrieve the items to the nps that the quests require to be retrieved to, any ideas? i'm playing in the latest steam ver.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes