Unreal 6

Jan 21, 2018
Anyone know how to translate idiot typing? cause the guy above is mad he's been called out so he resorts gibberish.
and howmeny games ther are that need cpus and gpus newer then for 2080 super to run on hight and max seting at 1080p res? the only game i cnow that needs more is Battlefield™ 2042

• Angry
Reactions: MrStal0ne

bennino1984

Nov 21, 2017
If you mean for cheating I suggest using Cheat Engine to give yourself unlimited attribute points, if you increase the attributes high enough the combat becomes a literal joke & the high stamina makes it easy to get around quickly.
Not sure if it works for gold, too, but it should. Also I don't think there's much to spend it on yet, if anything. The mount trader didn't work for me, as an example.
how to use cheat engine? How to cheat?

Jan 13, 2019
Everything that's in the steam post

Opting in
Until there is content parity with the Unreal Engine 4 release, the UE4 Preview will be available via a Beta Branch on Steam, to access this, right click on the game in your library -> properties -> betas -> click UE5. You're in!

Expectations & Pre-Alpha
We know there is a lot of excitement about this move, but please remember that this is essentially a brand new game. There will be bugs, probably a lot of bugs, and issues. Little content has been ported across from Unreal Engine 4, so whilst it'll expand quickly, the world is obviously lacking depth in comparison to the existing builds.

Please help by reporting major performance issues, along with hardware specs and graphics settings, as well as show-stopping bugs. At this stage we don't need reports of floating models etc, as we know well that there will be lots of these and we're not onto solely cosmetic fixes for a while.

Whilst we finalise our new traversal system climbing has been entirely disabled. This decision wasn't taken lightly, but a half-implemented system had the potential to cause more harm than it was worth. More ways to navigate the world will return in a future update.

Once the disabled features are reenabled we will consider this version of the game as the Alpha Build of Carnal Instinct.

Known Issues
This build has some systems, like magic, gated simply by the point in the story where the game opens. However some mechanics, such as setting romance paths and the mess/cleaning system, have been temporarily disabled for technical reasons. These will be restored in the next couple of updates once teething issues have been ironed out.

Additional Known Issues:

• Controller support is still not available in all menus (we would recommend you use a Steam Controller profile for a better experience)
  • The Aadi does not like water and will die if the water is too deep
  • Some Video Settings do not currently save, we believe this is a UE5 bug on our version, we're upgrading after this update which should fix it! If not, we'll do an update with a manual fix
  • Some video settings require you to reload the map
  • Sails Ahoy! The boats are currently very work in progress and you cannot get on while swimming and the paddle is missing.
  • Last minute we have disabled opening/closing the map via the M Key due to a few scenarios where the player could get soft-locked, so you have to open the Map via the Inventory.
  • Sometimes after save/loads, chests & vendors will have 2x the amount of loot
  • We have done a huge number of bug fixes in the last month but I'm sure many will slip through the cracks, please report them in Steam Discussions or our Discord, this is a Preview and a Pre-Alpha after all!

More Music
We have new menu and in-game music, as well as raunchy limericks and bawdy ballad's by our boisterous bard, Nenu.

Pregnancy
Pregnancy content is not for everyone, so it's disabled by default. You will have to visit the virility and fertility shrines on Tal-Senet to activate this feature.

Feed Pakhet the almost-tame Mau
Damaris' tamed Mau, "She Who Scratches" doesn't take kindly to attempts to pet her, she will however devour food when offered. This is an important feature. It deserves this paragraph. I will die on this hill.

ACT 1: Traveller in and Antique Land
This build represents the very beginning of act one, you find yourself on the shores of Sabu and begin your journey. Soon you'll share the lands with Drakes, Sphynx, and all manner of exotic creatures... for now though you'll need to shed your mundane form and learn to fend for yourself in the fallen lands of Tal-Senet and Mehden Island.

What's Next?
We never stop and we've got big plans for the next updates, we're currently working on:
  • DSS 2.0
  • Jiggly Butts
  • Traversal and Interaction Systems
  • Caves
  • New Quests & Boss Expansion to Shipwrecked Anubites
This shit is hype as fuck

aisareteinai

Nov 3, 2022
Just booted up the UE5 build and started a new game.
At Medium settings with Resolution Scale set to 50%, I'm getting about 40 FPS on Steam Deck.
I'll post another update if there's any significant laggy areas.

Update: Seems like there is a bit more lag going into the more open areas past the start, occasionally dropping as low as 35 FPS, with a rare drop into the high 20s. If you're willing to take the frame drops, 40 FPS looks nice, but if not then cap the framerate at 30.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remnant-1
Oct 14, 2018
Sooo, seems that if you find Damaris' sword before you get her quest Cleanse Tal'Senet, then you can't complete the quest.. Part of the quest is to find the sword that you may already have found since the first quest told you to search North, East, South and Centre areas, which one of them is where the sword is. If you pick it up there, before getting Damaris' quest, then the quest becomes impossible to complete since you already have the sword you need to find.
Dropping the sword and picking it back up does not work either.

Unreal 6

Jan 21, 2018
unreal 5 is not for realy indie devs its even more complex then 4 to use

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: MrStal0ne

n95nob

Feb 4, 2022
For those who are asking about how to complete quests, look at the games wiki. (The one from the games main website, forum link to wiki is outdated).

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
unreal 5 is not for realy indie devs its even more complex then 4 to use
Unreal 4 is no longer being supported it will be getting no new updates. Also if the game has you this upset why are you coming back you said in your own word it's a "cash grab" if you think that then find a new game and leave this thread.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
fortunately for you, CI team consists of professional game devs
There is an important distinction there that a lot of people miss. "Indie" is a reference to the developers and how much money and time they can afford to spend on a game. It comes from "independent" and means they're not backed by or beholden to a large company or publisher.

These days it gets treated by many as a synonym to amateur, but it isn't that. Nor is it a synonym for inexperienced or incapable. CI's dev team is comprised of industry professionals who left their existing game development jobs to found a small indie studio and make a game they wanted to make.

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
There is an important distinction there that a lot of people miss. "Indie" is a reference to the developers and how much money and time they can afford to spend on a game. It comes from "independent" and means they're not backed by or beholden to a large company or publisher.

These days it gets treated by many as a synonym to amateur, but it isn't that. Nor is it a synonym for inexperienced or incapable. CI's dev team is comprised of industry professionals who left their existing game development jobs to found a small indie studio and make a game they wanted to make.
I still find it odd that Indie has come to mean that, I always assiocated it with more the idea of people who are making games without a massive budget and the requirements of a publisher. I mean everything from old Asset Grabs to great artistic one man band games are all indie because what makes a indie a indie game is that they don't have a publisher who is providing money, deadlines and marketing for a game.

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
Someone managed to use the cheat engine to change the amount of money, I've tried several times but it never works

n95nob

Feb 4, 2022
Someone managed to use the cheat engine to change the amount of money, I've tried several times but it never works
Yeah i managed to give myself over 100k gold but still have not had luck with essence or ability points. I have found the id of essence in the save file but even if i change the value it does not change ingame. BTW the gold is stored as double.

Last edited:

n95nob

Feb 4, 2022
What i have found (I think these are the values that store them, changing them does not change it ingame):
Essence_32_C910CFCC48860D279FF282A576114FEA Integer (4Byte)
OwnerGold_22_A19CD76049FA550F254F558C1DB688E0 Double
AbilityPoints_15_AC921C274E05A6F47970FE9BA05B158C Integer (4Byte)

I am providing my save file with these modifications. Essence, gold and Ability Points are 999999. I may start a new save file with just these modifications. This save is for UE5 version.

EDIT: Realised i need to include the metasave.sav file for saves to work.
Save Location: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Carnal_Instinct_UE5\Saved\SaveGames

Last edited:
Reactions: JustAl

hugepervert

Aug 4, 2021
So I want to ask, how long does the pregnancy last in the UE5 version? I have passed a couple days after getting the Sin's Reward quest but there seems to be no changes in my character who would have been the one knocked up
It's more like cumflation, really. The belly only gets bigger after sex, then you rest at a fire at full size and get up popup message like "u gave birth lol".

bennino1984

Nov 21, 2017
What i have found (I think these are the values that store them, changing them does not change it ingame):
Essence_32_C910CFCC48860D279FF282A576114FEA Integer (4Byte)
OwnerGold_22_A19CD76049FA550F254F558C1DB688E0 Double
AbilityPoints_15_AC921C274E05A6F47970FE9BA05B158C Integer (4Byte)

I am providing my save file with these modifications. Essence, gold and Ability Points are 999999. I may start a new save file with just these modifications. This save is for UE5 version.
I have been able to change only essence. Putting your saved file in the folder of saved game didn't help and the ability point didn't change, using saveeditonline.com

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes