TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

Hi all,

This first update of the month will be a little different than usual - whilst we have made our range of changes and improvements to the game, we've mainly been working on some much larger overhauls that will begin paying off in subsequent updates. That means that this post will be more of a dev-blog, something we will now do from time to time along with the regular update posts to keep you all appraised of what we're working on. For starters we're well underway with implementing character customisation, starting with our current female races. These aren't yet live, however we've got breast size, general bodyfat, and even labia shape now working in our dev build (among others).

Our character models have received an upgrade as part of the customisation work, with detail levels increasing and the sculpts getting a rework. Customisation options themselves will be adjustable via sliders, with elements such as breasts going from itty bitty tiddies to a real set of badonkers (subject to final implementation and QA, see development version below).

The other, almost more noticeable upgrade, is that we've made huge changes to how we handle animation (see the gif at the top of the post). The shift away from entirely hand-keyed sequences to the use of realtime performance capture is something we've wanted to do for a while and that is only now possible thanks to the incredible support of all our Patrons. This new animation content isn't yet live in-game, but now that we have integrated this into our pipeline you can expect to see far more detailed integrations and sex scenes in the near future. We think that it's essential in joining the upcoming dynamic sex system into the world rather than the alternative of a "click to f*ck" system with snap in place animations.

When we first pushed the initial build of Carnal Instinct live on Patreon back in November 2020, we had no idea that within a year we'd be implementing full real-time performance capture. We're blown away by the support that we've received from our community - it's only thanks to you all that we're able to bring this incredible dream to life.

Team Carnal Instinct

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog, v0.2.91

• Added the ability to set your camp as your home so you will respawn there after death
  • Added new respawn cinematics for upcoming systems
  • Added Alchemist voice acting
  • Removed "Brass Key" and added "Old Key" to fix save/load issues with Milk and Honey
  • Changed the body system in the back end that should resolve some bugs that affect some users and provides a framework for the new body system
  • Changed Crafting list recipes for Bronze Khopesh
  • Changed Crafting list Recipes for Iron Longsword
  • Changed Footsteps of the Dragon wall button to avoid issues which some players were experiencing and changed interaction text to Push
  • Fixed issue with Missionary Scene dialog that explains cock requirements
  • Fixed issue with Void Spirit and Khaba dialog that could result in crashes for some users and some save games
  • Fixed various issues with interactables and saves that could affect some users

Changelog, v0.2.90
  • Added Crafting System for Weapons & Potions
  • Added Total 30 new Weapons
  • Added Items - "Bone Khopesh", "Bone Daggers", "Bone Spear", "Bone Sword"
  • Added Items - "Refined Bronze Khopesh", "Ornate Bronze Khopesh"
  • Added Items - "Iron Khopesh", "Refined Iron Khopesh", "Ornate Iron Khopesh"
  • Added Items - "Refined Bronze Daggers", "Ornate Bronze Daggers"
  • Added Items - "Iron Daggers", "Refined Iron Daggers", "Ornate Iron Daggers"
  • Added Items - "Bronze Spear", "Refined Bronze Spear", "Ornate Bronze Spear"
  • Added Items - "Iron Spear", "Refined Iron Spear", "Ornate Iron Spear"
  • Added Items - "Refined Bronze Sword", "Ornate Bronze Sword"
  • Added Items - "Iron Sword", "Refined Iron Sword", "Ornate Iron Sword"
  • Added Items - "Bronze Ingots", "Iron Ingots", "Bronze Fragments", "Iron Fragments"
  • Added Items - "Beast Claw", "Beast Heart", "Beast Entrails", "Beast Pelt"
  • Added Items - "Reptile Pelt", "Reptile Scraps", "Reptile Skull"
  • Added Various Crafting Items
  • Added Camp System
  • Added Camp Item - "Sturdy Shelter"
  • Added Camp Item - "Escaped Slave's Shelter"
  • Added Camp Item - "Nomad's Pavilion"
  • Added Camp Item - "Desperate Followers"
  • Added Camp Item - "Nomadic Followers"
  • Added Camp Item - "White Marble Obelisk"
  • Added Camp Item - "Dark Sandstone Obelisk"
  • Added Camp Item - "Red Marble Obelisk"
  • Added Camp Item - "Pale Sandstone Obelisk"
  • Added Camp Item - "Sleeping Roll"
  • Added Camp Item - "Simple Mattress"
  • Added New Enemy - Hidden Cursed Ones
  • Added New Enemy - Tomb Robber
  • Expanded Map Area, Various Map Adjustments
  • Changed Merchant Lines to go along with fix to Merchant interaction which allowed movement during access
  • Changed saving system to prevent auto-save from saving during Dialog
  • Fixed an issue with various materials
  • Fixed a bug where the Tomb of Q'Tesh was flooded
  • Fixed an issue where you could just have balls with no cock
  • Fixed Cosmetic Duplicated Issue
  • Fixed an issue with destroyed interactables not being handled properly on save/load
  • Improved dialog with older scenes to make it clear that Horse cocks do not work with them
  • Added various drops to NPCs

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
(I try to avoid double-posting, but I want to let the update post stand on its own, so here I am.)

I was afraid this would happen when I saw the results for their roadmap poll. Not entirely surprised. It turns out the two biggest features, the ones so big the devs had them off the far end of the roadmap so they could take their time implementing things in the back-end, are the two most desired features by a landslide.

So here we are. Patrons voted for a pair of features (full character customization and dynamic sex scenes) that, combined, require modifying or outright replacing nearly every character model, part, and animation in the game. That means that to implement these features in a timely manner, pretty much everything else gets set to the side for a month or two. A great real-world example of "be careful what you wish for," I suppose.

Edit: As a side note, their conversion to using realtime performance capture for animations rather than hand-keying them both speeds up the animation process and adds an incredible new expense for the team.

Seegurke458

Sep 23, 2017
i cant complete the quests "diamonds in the rough" and "tales of the void" cause either the questmarker is stuck on one position an still says 30 m left or there are invisible borders

Mar 10, 2019
I've tried to play this out of curiosity though I know that futa is not my thing.
But I can't make Steam version (0.2.80) run - can't get around it requesting UE4 Prerequisites install.
I'm running it on Linux in Wine. I have vcrun15 (Wine version of MS Visual C++ Runtime 2015 Redistr) installed and DXVK as DirectX compatible layer.
Other UE games run great with that (Wild Life, Breeders of Nephelym, Shades of Elysium) just this one keeps requesting that UE4 Prerequisites. Of course it fails as soon as it tries to install MS DirectX as it is Windows thing.
I've checked the game engine files and haven't seen any missing libraries that other UE games have.

Anyone knows workaround for this crap to run on Linux?

Lindazana

Sep 16, 2018
(I try to avoid double-posting, but I want to let the update post stand on its own, so here I am.)

I was afraid this would happen when I saw the results for their roadmap poll. Not entirely surprised. It turns out the two biggest features, the ones so big the devs had them off the far end of the roadmap so they could take their time implementing things in the back-end, are the two most desired features by a landslide.

So here we are. Patrons voted for a pair of features (full character customization and dynamic sex scenes) that, combined, require modifying or outright replacing nearly every character model, part, and animation in the game. That means that to implement these features in a timely manner, pretty much everything else gets set to the side for a month or two. A great real-world example of "be careful what you wish for," I suppose.

Edit: As a side note, their conversion to using realtime performance capture for animations rather than hand-keying them both speeds up the animation process and adds an incredible new expense for the team.
I, for one, am thankful for the customization. Customization in a game heavy in smut is a must for those that aren't open-minded pansexuals. What's even better is the ability to customize the world around you. If a game's contents do not appeal to some people, it doesn't matter how good the game is otherwise to those people.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I, for one, am thankful for the customization. Customization in a game heavy in smut is a must for those that aren't open-minded pansexuals. What's even better is the ability to customize the world around you. If a game's contents do not appeal to some people, it doesn't matter how good the game is otherwise to those people.
Oh, I'm very much looking forward to both systems as well. What I'm worried about is the inevitable "why aren't they adding anything?" comments from people who see "tiny" patch notes and don't understand the behind the scenes work involved with ripping out so much of the existing game to reimplement all over again in a way that works for these systems.

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
So, while getting close to 40 saves, each time it took around 8-9 minutes to save the game. But then it froze completely at the 44th quicksave. After a 30 minutes long wait I had to shut it down manually.

I found out the game failed to create Quicksave_Slot44_D.sav which was supposed to store quests info, I guess.
It was still possible to load the game using the incomplete save files, but all quests got rendered null.

Edit: ...and then I waited some more, until the game saved properly, and this time it took more than 45 minutes. That's quite impressive exponential progress right there! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
It's august, but no male protagonist in tags. It wasn't add only in desc or in the game?
PS any plans for more stomach bulge scenes and, may be, cumflation?
because the newest builds aren't on the forum due to the DRM, so only Steam builds can be reliably cracked

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
It's august, but no male protagonist in tags. It wasn't add only in desc or in the game?
Since you start as a female and then change sex at will (from futa to male and back), it counts as transsexual. That's why there's a "futa/trans protagonist" tag.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
PS any plans for more stomach bulge scenes and, may be, cumflation?
The entire point of the latest out of cycle steam update was adding a male player skin, the tags are just out of date. As for stomach bulge, the roadmap for this month literally has "Improved Deformation" in the minor systems category. I haven't seen any explicit plans for cumflation, but I also haven't seen the developers say no to it and there is one scene in the game right now that already includes some as the outro. (Specifically the horsecock scene you unlock by completing the quest "Glory of the Gods")

because the newest builds aren't on the forum due to the DRM, so only Steam builds can be reliably cracked
Latest Steam build was specifically because they wanted to make sure Steam players had access to male protagonists.

Since you start as a female and then change sex at will (from futa to male and back), it counts as transsexual. That's why there's a "futa/trans protagonist" tag.
No, part and skin swapping system that lets you change genders, colors, and bits is why the game has the "character creation" tag. The "futa/trans protagonist" tag is on here because you can run around as a girl with a cock the size of her legs. The "male protagonist" tag is missing because the tags haven't been updated since March.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So anyway, on the subject of outdated tags, changes over the last few months warrant these considerations:
  • Male Protagonist: There is now a playable male skin the player can acquire by picking it up off the ground.
  • Gay: At the same time as the male skin was implemented, two sex scenes were added specifically for it. One is M/F, the other is M/M.
  • Male Domination: May or may not apply, but the "ride the pony" mini-quest involves a futa or female player having their concerns overridden, shoved to the ground, and then pounded like a prize mare on fair day by Nessos, who is an all-male centaur. Including a line of dialogue to the effect of "Wait we're supposed to use the harness" right before. On top of that, both scenes for male players include them fucking someone locked up in a pillory, though that's theoretically less domination and more rape or public use.
  • Vore: There is an off-screen death the player can encounter when fucking the naga slave and not being appropriately submissive. In combination with the related dialogue it can be assumed that the player was eaten.

Zatrian

Sep 5, 2018
So anyway, on the subject of outdated tags, changes over the last few months warrant these considerations:
  • Male Protagonist: There is now a playable male skin the player can acquire by picking it up off the ground.
And where is it? I haven't found it anywhere.
PS. Also. I've found naga cock. Anybody know where to find naga ski? Or it isn't implemented yet?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes