TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Was just about to ask if it was still due early October, got my answer, hopefully no more delays!

This update looks fire from what I've been reading. Primarily excited to finally have cum stick to the body. Are all the animations going to be DSS2, or will it just be some?
The old scenes and animations still use the old systems, and will not be upgraded according to the developers. Instead, they apparently plan to render those scenes irrelevant over time as they add new DSS2 scenes that do the same or similar. Apparently the backend for DSS2 is too different from the backend for DSS to allow for reasonable porting.

I haven't seen confirmation or denial of it (nor have I played to verify myself), but I suspect the new features like the cum sticking to your body might be tied specifically to DSS2 as well.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

Dark918

Mar 4, 2021
The old scenes and animations still use the old systems, and will not be upgraded according to the developers. Instead, they apparently plan to render those scenes irrelevant over time as they add new DSS2 scenes that do the same or similar. Apparently the backend for DSS2 is too different from the backend for DSS to allow for reasonable porting.

I haven't seen confirmation or denial of it (nor have I played to verify myself), but I suspect the new features like the cum sticking to your body might be tied specifically to DSS2 as well.
i got a chance to get one dss2 scene and that was mera bent over the table, really janky scene to say the least and there wasnt a lot of good angles. i didnt see any cum on the body after the scene but that save was scuffed so it could've been an error. and yea the old dss scenes are still there, so them getting phased out seems to be the move. i kinda had to restart because one of the quests was bugged so ill be behind the curb on this one. i don't feel like doing all those quests again atm.

Melon

Jun 7, 2017
Got a weird bug, that has been happening for a while now with no mention. If you change the settings and go into a different settings menu, the previous one resets. It's especially annoying with the volume settings, which are way too loud by default imo but that's a sin every game commits, so oh well.

Chemicals!

Aug 20, 2018
Is it worth changing to the UE5 version yet ?

If you've played the UE4 version and are hoping for more content then you have no choice but to switch to the UE5 version. UE4 is dead, it will be receiving no further updates. The UE5 version is almost an entirely different game altogether. Different story, different map, the works.

A better question to ask would be "is the UE5 version worth playing yet?" The answer to that is, no not really. It has some quests complete but they're mostly short and while the map is pretty well fleshed out there really isn't that much to do. There's enough however that you can get a good idea for the shape of what's meant to come. It has more content than what you would expect out of a demo, but not as much content as the UE4 version. It isn't far behind however and we might see it exceed the UE4 version in the next couple updates. So it's close enough that you might want to give it a shot anyway.

Reactions: DocRipper

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
You have a very strange understanding of the word "empty", it would seem.
And what exactly is happening in the region these days? Beside 4-6 points of interest with NPCs I mean. Usual 2,5 sand ghouls I suppose? Some random invisible people passing by? Or maybe interesting non-existing events?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
And what exactly is happening in the region these days? Beside 4-6 points of interest with NPCs I mean. Usual 2,5 sand ghouls I suppose? Some random invisible people passing by? Or maybe interesting non-existing events?
At this point, UE4 and UE5 have a directly comparable volume of content in terms of sex scenes, quests, and NPCs, but not forms, character customization, or items/equipment.

The primary difference between the two is that UE4's map was designed as a test bed where upgrades and forms were strewn across the map and NPCs and quests were deliberately packed into a small demo area. Is the UE5 map more spread out? Yes, that I can agree with. But calling it "empty" is misleading and disingenuous, especially when the UE5 version has an area where they specifically carried forward the UE4 DSS sex scenes so that people who miss them can go wild.

Edit: I was mistaken. UE4 and UE5 are also directly comparable in terms of armor. I was correct about items and weapons, though.

Last edited:

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
At this point, UE4 and UE5 have a directly comparable volume of content in terms of sex scenes, quests, and NPC
WUT?!
Oh, wait, I understand. Yes, it is definitely comparable. Like "2" and "32" is comparable. 2 is still 16 times less though, but still comparable, yup.

Makaron22

May 15, 2024
Aham
Like 18 quests bring me whatever or kill whatever
And 3 quest for killing buggy priestess

From user point of view, miration to UE5 since this moment is pretty useless.
For dev points there are plenty of reasons, of course.

BUT..

Until this game is finished probably UE6 will come out. Or even UE7
And then new migration and milking till end of time, when Anubis will come and say "Thats enough"

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
No, it's comparable like so:
  • Sex Scenes: UE4 has 27, UE5 has 23
  • Quests: UE4 has 15, UE5 has 20
  • NPCs: UE4 has 61 non-generic characters, UE5 has 55
Where exactly they are hiding then? UE4 has small city full of people, several enemy camps with trapped NPS who can be recruited to player base, where enslaved boss can be held. There is even dragon encounter with several possible outcomes. Some random npc's roaming on the roads and there is even blind and deaf guards, happily ignoring all the bandits.
In UE 5 there is a tavern with 2 people, broken bridge with fucking(literally) cats (how thw fuck they even got there?!), a camp with some 5 or 6 runaways, few places with 1-2 inhabitant and few halfbroken quests involving 1 fucking person. With big piles of waste loneliness in between.
Even weapons have a common model with textures made in 30 minutes.
Sorry I fail to see how is this comparable.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Aham
Like 52 quests bring me whatever or kill whatever
And 3 quest for killing buggy priestess
If you really want to go that route, UE4's quests are also exceptionally bad. Multiple quests that have you running across the entire game map for an item or two, several quests that involve just talking to an NPC and/or paying out some cash, and the main progression quest was so poorly designed in terms of informing players what to do that we have pages and pages of people in this thread asking how you're supposed to kill the boss or enter the dungeon or find the quest items.

And that's not even getting into the fact that the devs have always been bad at QA, so the dungeons are poorly designed and easy to get stuck in and the quests themselves (in both versions) are easy to break. Plus all the versions of the game (mostly for UE4) where simply saving then coming back later would outright delete quest items.

Until this game is finished probably UE6 will come out. Or even UE7
And then new migration and milking till end of time, when Anubis will come and say "Thats enough"
lol. lmao even. UE4 was in active development and support from 2014 to 2022. Every major version of unreal engine has taken longer to replace then the last. Extrapolating from prior versions puts UE6 in 2030 or so and UE7 some point near 2040.
Where exactly they are hiding then? UE4 has small city full of people, several enemy camps with trapped NPS who can be recruited to player base, where enslaved boss can be held. There is even dragon encounter with several possible outcomes. Some random npc's roaming on the roads and there is even blind and deaf guards, happily ignoring all the bandits.
In UE 5 there is a tavern with 2 people, broken bridge with fucking(literally) cats (how thw fuck they even got there?!), a camp with some 5 or 6 runaways, few places with 1-2 inhabitant and few halfbroken quests involving 1 fucking person. With big piles of waste loneliness in between.
Even weapons have a common model with textures made in 30 minutes.
Sorry I fail to see how is this comparable.
Some of them are in the new version that isn't available on this thread, but aside from that they're all across the world you claim is empty. Also, UE5 has a higher ratio of characters with more than just one throwaway scene, especially when it comes to the two characters you can currently romance.

As opposed to UE4, which has a bunch of one-off scenes of dramatically varying quality and presentation as the devs were throwing everything they could at the wall to see what stuck. So yeah, UE4 definitely does still have more variety - especially if you want the more unique scenes like fucking dragons or getting sucked off by a slime.

Anyway, I think even your latest post makes my point for me: UE5 is not "empty" as you described. It does lack variety and it is more spread out. But it's not empty.

Edit: For direct comparison, I should mention that UE4 has 22 fuckable characters plus the semi-random wandering DSS1 npcs, while UE5 has 17 fuckable characters and no semi-random wandering NPCs.

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Lol. Shilling was never so good.
This game is amazing! Sadly, you can't see it. :ROFLMAO:
Nice one.
lol. Now you're just moving the goalposts. I have access to the latest version of the game, and I am using the wiki (which has been updated to have that version's content) for data. That content doesn't stop existing just because you don't have it, and it will exist on Steam (and by extension this thread) within a few weeks.

Edit: Speaking of the wiki, let me see if I can't get the moderators to update the links in the OP. For some reason the report was rejected last time even though the current wiki link is very, very dead.

4.00 star(s) 87 Votes