2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
I will be as honest as possible with my opinion, please do try to not take this as a bad think.
The game is bad as it is now, but holds a lot of potential.
There's actually a few bugs, some sudden shutdowns and missing scenes from the people at the nightclub, but they are not gamebreaking so this is a good sign.
The render are pretty decent and this is quite the compliment, i've seen some creepy things out there... they still haunt my nightmares.
The plot is interesting enough for a sandbox game, most are even simplier than this.
The game has a good focus on sex scenes so we have a large pool of choice, probably the stongest part of the game by now.
Now... the writing. It's not salvable as it is now, you need to polish your writing a lot more.

Overall, the game is not good right now, but holds great potential if developed well.

Jun 29, 2018
I will be as honest as possible with my opinion, please do try to not take this as a bad think.
There's actually a few bugs, some sudden shutdowns and missing scenes from the people at the nightclub, but they are not gamebreaking so this is a good sign.
The render are pretty decent and this is quite the compliment, i've seen some creepy things out there... they still haunt my nightmares.
The plot is interesting enough for a sandbox game, most are even simplier than this.
The game has a good focus on sex scenes so we have a large pool of choice, probably the stongest part of the game by now.
Now... the writing. It's not salvable as it is now, you need to polish your writing a lot more.

Overall, the game is not good right now, but holds great potential if developed well.
how the hell do I get past the computer monitor syncing???

Squiftek

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2019
Got this error:

There is no label for that. But, there is a boatbedroom_label. I changed the script to reflect that, but, I can't progress further. As the sandbox seems to be borked. I can go to 2 places on the deck, 3rd place at the wheelhouse is a no go.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/boatfragment.rpy", line 334, in script
    jump bedroom_label
ScriptError: could not find label 'bedroom_label'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump bedroom_label
  File "F:\Game Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Squiftek: Castaways 0.09.18
Fri Sep 18 20:55:19 2020
noted!
I didn't get any errors there. I got the error after fucking Marg and going back to my room. lol After I fixed that, the sandbox broke.
Noted! Thank you!

Thank you for the critique!
Hopefully in a few releases we will have addressed And diminished many of the negatives and increased more of the positives!

Reactions: Eddard

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Hi, Squiftek, thanks for the update! There are still some bugs, I put some of them in attachment in case you have not come across them. There are several missing text in the sex scenes, too. (I guess, the dialogues during these scenes are not of crucial importance, however... :) )
I also find strange and not very practical the difference between the name of the game "Castaways" and the name of the RenPy folder in AppData, which is "IslandParty". (If you want to have a clean save of a new update, it is often better to delete the older saves unless the game is really stable and without bugs. So it took me a time before I have realised, where the saves are located.)
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Squiftek

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
Real questions below, please reply. (y)

From the OP:
"Overview:
You and your roomates get free cruise tickets.
Escape from a GrimDark crapsack world to a FunBright SexyFlaps adventure"​

1) Should there be a "parody" tag for this game?
2) What, who, or where is a "GrimDark"?
3) What, who, or where is a "FunBright"?
4) What, who, or where is a "SexyFlaps"?
5) Do proper nouns (undefined and without context) like these appear in the game, too?

e-d :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: XephosDB

Gordon4321

Dec 4, 2017
Real questions below, please reply. (y)

From the OP:
"Overview:
You and your roomates get free cruise tickets.
Escape from a GrimDark crapsack world to a FunBright SexyFlaps adventure"​

1) Should there be a "parody" tag for this game?
2) What, who, or where is a "GrimDark"?
3) What, who, or where is a "FunBright"?
4) What, who, or where is a "SexyFlaps"?
5) Do proper nouns (undefined and without context) like these appear in the game, too?

e-d :unsure:
2) In the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only war ( )
3) Opposite of Grimdark

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
2) In the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only war ( )
3) Opposite of Grimdark
I still don't understand with either of your answers. For instance, in your link "grim" and "dark" are always used as individual words and never as proper nouns. What am I to understand from your answer(s), please?

• Haha
Reactions: XephosDB

jvdw92

Sep 30, 2019
what douse it mean

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
jump bedroom_label

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump bedroom_label
File "C:\Users\chuyv1992\Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\chuyv1992\Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Squiftek: Castaways 0.09.18
Sat Sep 19 17:17:45 2020

i dont understan

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
I have the same error, what a mess, devs should beta test before releasing games...
In my opinion, this is just the end of the game for the moment. There is a similar one, if you take another route finishing with fighting/contest scene on the boat. The DEV didn't bother to make a special screens with end-notice and than skip back to the main menu. Perhaps he will learn how to do it... Or maybe somebody will help :)

Reactions: Squiftek
2.00 star(s) 2 Votes