2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Squiftek

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, Squiftek, thanks for the update! There are still some bugs, I put some of them in attachment in case you have not come across them. There are several missing text in the sex scenes, too. (I guess, the dialogues during these scenes are not of crucial importance, however... :) )
I also find strange and not very practical the difference between the name of the game "Castaways" and the name of the RenPy folder in AppData, which is "IslandParty". (If you want to have a clean save of a new update, it is often better to delete the older saves unless the game is really stable and without bugs. So it took me a time before I have realised, where the saves are located.)
Thanks!
You rock!
I’ll look at making a cleaned up build for my next release, now that I made it to the map segment, I’ll focus on cleaning things up...
Basically last month when I was first getting started I kept jumping around with names, until someone suggested I just go public with it all to keep myself motivated and moving... so the name castaways just kinda stuck...
Real questions below, please reply. (y)

From the OP:
"Overview:
You and your roomates get free cruise tickets.
Escape from a GrimDark crapsack world to a FunBright SexyFlaps adventure"​

1) Should there be a "parody" tag for this game?
2) What, who, or where is a "GrimDark"?
3) What, who, or where is a "FunBright"?
4) What, who, or where is a "SexyFlaps"?
5) Do proper nouns (undefined and without context) like these appear in the game, too?

e-d :unsure:
That’s just a description of the setting and what the game is... a play on words from cultural things... I might hash out a less exclusive description eventually...

“grimdark” is grim and dark...
“Crapsack” is crap and sack...
Some opposites of grim and dark is fun and bright...
Some opposites of crap and sack is sexy and flaps...

How gay are we talking here?:unsure:
My goal is to have total preference control... so, you can be 100% gay in whatever way you want to be... I try to make the options rather... obvious...
2) In the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only war ( )
3) Opposite of Grimdark
love you.
what douse it mean

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/boatfragment.rpy", line 334, in script
jump bedroom_label
ScriptError: could not find label 'bedroom_label'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump bedroom_label
File "C:\Users\chuyv1992\Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\chuyv1992\Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Squiftek: Castaways 0.09.18
Sat Sep 19 17:17:45 2020

i dont understan
thank youfor alerting me to this
In my opinion, this is just the end of the game for the moment. There is a similar one, if you take another route finishing with fighting/contest scene on the boat. The DEV didn't bother to make a special screens with end-notice and than skip back to the main menu. Perhaps he will learn how to do it... Or maybe somebody will help :)
good idea!
Thank you!
I’m very new to this all, so this is super helpful!
I’ll emac eventually become less transparent about things If that’s what people want, but only after I get to more stable builds, and knowing wtf I’m doing...
Even though we got to the first map, still not even a fraction done the game outline, but I’ll focus on cleaning it up What we have made, and Then adding more character/content before moving on.

Last edited:

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
You rock!
Even though we got to the first map, still not even a fraction done the game outline, but I’ll focus on cleaning it up What we have made, and Then adding more character/content before moving on.
Thanks, really looking forward! I am very curious how you will develop the whole story! Fingers crossed! :)

Reactions: Squiftek

he_found_you

Jun 11, 2017
10 days later, second attempt at version 0.09.18 and it still crashes, on a brand new playtrough. On one occasion a Renpy unavoidable error despite if you fuck the kitchen lady or not (as male with cock)
I wonder if Squiftek actually tries not all, but at most 30% of the routes/choices before taking the time to upload it...
Story continues to be all over the place, writing is a tad better (actually fewer grammar mistakes compared to day1 version upload (was 0.x.x smth))
The untested constant (playername.variable) bugs in the text despite so many releases in such short time shows lack of basic QA (not that this is a payed product or anything but its still the dev's time, taking him more and more time to do releases after releases, rather than fix once and release semistable)

Squiftek

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2019
10 days later, second attempt at version 0.09.18 and it still crashes, on a brand new playtrough. On one occasion a Renpy unavoidable error despite if you fuck the kitchen lady or not (as male with cock)
I wonder if Squiftek actually tries not all, but at most 30% of the routes/choices before taking the time to upload it...
Story continues to be all over the place, writing is a tad better (actually fewer grammar mistakes compared to day1 version upload (was 0.x.x smth))
The untested constant (playername.variable) bugs in the text despite so many releases in such short time shows lack of basic QA (not that this is a payed product or anything but its still the dev's time, taking him more and more time to do releases after releases, rather than fix once and release semistable)
Now that the map is programmed completely (attribute system is still in flux, but that overhaul was largely done) there will be a focus on cleaning things up/debugging...
I'm stuck on the boat and cant get inside
That’s where content ends currently, but I accidentally looped out the end-of-content dev note

Reactions: he_found_you

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
when you talk to marg and have sex with her you get a critcal error where you cant advance in the game this is the error
```

While running game code:
jump bedroom_label

Full traceback:
jump bedroom_label
File "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
File "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sun Sep 20 13:04:08 2020
```

Squiftek

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2019
when you talk to marg and have sex with her you get a critcal error where you cant advance in the game this is the error
```

While running game code:
jump bedroom_label

Full traceback:
jump bedroom_label
File "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
File "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\castaways-0.09.18-pc\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sun Sep 20 13:04:08 2020
```
that error is fixed in the working files, i'll roll out the update on the web version and google drive versions soon

Yogi8156

May 23, 2018
Code:

While running game code:
    jump bedroom_label

Full traceback:
    jump bedroom_label
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\Castaways\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\Castaways\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Sep 21 05:51:36 2020

Squiftek

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2019
Code:

While running game code:
    jump bedroom_label

Full traceback:
    jump bedroom_label
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\Castaways\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\Castaways\castaways-0.09.18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Sep 21 05:51:36 2020
that error is fixed in the working files, i'll roll out the update on the web version and google drive versions soon

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

• Red Heart
Reactions: Squiftek

Squiftek

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2019
Looking forward to the next update :)
Thank you!
We're looking forward to be able to push out more updates soon, currently working on the time manager part, to allow for meaningful interactions to get to fun times scenes with a number of characters...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: pilgrim2003
2.00 star(s) 2 Votes