VN Ren'Py Abandoned Coming Home is Never Easy [Prologue] [Caveboomer Productions]

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I'm sorry you feel the game is ruined, and that you didn't even finish the prologue story. The back events are just as important to setting the tone and storyline as everything else. Without exposing that fact the rest of the story would seem incongruent and lacking. I hope at some point you'll reconsider and give it another chance a few Chapters later. But the choice is ultimately yours. I am aware that not every story is right for every person. If this is that case, then please know I harbor no malice or ill-will towards you for your tastes. I sincerely hope you find something that you enjoy.
not offended, just bothered and annoyed by all these people whining over the virginity of a bunch of pixels u.u
Yes, I like it when one or two girls in a harem game are virgins but it is not necessary for me but a story that is based on the rape of multiple love interests is not what I am interested in.

I wouldn't have a problem if one LI was raped and we could take revenge and torture the guy who did it but here this is just crap in my opinion, it is just tons of drama put in the game with the easiest and worst way possible.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I wouldn't have a problem if one LI was raped and we could take revenge and torture the guy who did it but here this is just crap in my opinion, it is just tons of drama put in the game with the easiest and worst way possible.
and we can talk about it, about how overly dramatic the game's prologue is, how it leaves very little hope, i mean, Sheila is suicidal, Ashley is a murderer, the rest of the girls are either rape victims or someone who didn't call the police and told them about the multiple rapes.

and then we have Kasey; an elf who was kidnapped and experimented on

i still not get the point of combining fantasy-races with a replica of the real world...i mean we've Afghanistan...pretty brutal stuff..

why not another human with a different skin colour? (i still don't understand what's that thing about the 60% of earth-inhabitants...i understand the words...but i don't understand if it's something happening in real life or a piece of lore about the game)

laeg15

May 24, 2021
that's what most of the people are crying...i may have misunderstood you...
well i dont want start fight, just hope that laeg15 will stay here more time

but i was here for how how long? 3 year? minimaly and i was not saw anyone in forum bitching about girls are not virgins....speaking about sex with bf or ex bf, see rapes, see fucking other mens...... yep, but not that they r not virgins...

Jethro Hatfield

Developer of the Valkyrion Project trilogy
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
Demoness_Kiss The elves is part of the lore for the story, more will be revealed in the coming releases.

The entire premise of the story is each of the characters we've encountered so far, are dealing with some very serious issues. This is very much a story of redemption, recovery, and healing. This cannot be brought to light unless the initial tone of the story is set so very dark. Each character the readers will have the opportunity to help recover, and not all issues areas plainly visible as Shiela or Ashley. (Did you pick up on Andi's issues? How about the MC's?)

But as the story progresses just as much attention will need to be paid to the overall story arc as each character. Choices in this novel are going to have a very VERY large impact on the story.

The mixing of Fantasy and Reality allows us to interact with these very real issues that people deal with everyday, while allowing for the possibility of some fantastical remedy, allowing them to move on. Something that very few people suffering with these issues today have the possibility to do. All while maintaining the boundary of disbelief, the ability to say "This isn't real."

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
whatever...you people obsessed with "the virgin must lose her virginity only with MC" mentality are a pain...the plot is about a family raped by the father of this family...get over it.
It's usually me that snaps at those type first ... this is new ground for me.

Demoness_Kiss The elves is part of the lore for the story, more will be revealed in the coming releases.

The entire premise of the story is each of the characters we've encountered so far, are dealing with some very serious issues. This is very much a story of redemption, recovery, and healing. This cannot be brought to light unless the initial tone of the story is set so very dark. Each character the readers will have the opportunity to help recover, and not all issues areas plainly visible as Shiela or Ashley. (Did you pick up on Andi's issues? How about the MC's?)

But as the story progresses just as much attention will need to be paid to the overall story arc as each character. Choices in this novel are going to have a very VERY large impact on the story.

The mixing of Fantasy and Reality allows us to interact with these very real issues that people deal with everyday, while allowing for the possibility of some fantastical remedy, allowing them to move on. Something that very few people suffering with these issues today have the possibility to do. All while maintaining the boundary of disbelief, the ability to say "This isn't real."
Just for the record, the guy that facepalmed you for this post is one of the ones I was telling you about, the rest of his cronies should be here soon if he is.

laeg15

May 24, 2021

Just for the record, the guy that facepalmed you for this post is one of the ones I was telling you about, the rest of his cronies should be here soon if he is.
wow u started telling to others about others :D it is new low from u... guess i broke my "not speak with u"... (someone so poisonouse like u) but sorry it was to good to not react

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
let's just say that mommy is done with being kind to bad kids

today(and in general in the last three days) i had to deal with a lot of people crying and weeping over a bunch of pixels or a plot that they don't like but still feel entitled enough to share their blind hate...

i'm annoying (and apparently pretentious and pompous) but i try to learn what's the deal with a game, and even then, i try to be as much critical as possible and avoid being hateful just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Avaron1974

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
Alright, I would like to keep a handle on this before it gets too far off the rails, please stay civil with one another in our thread, and please keep to the topic at hand...

If you would like to discuss or critique our work you are welcome to do that, but please understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion of our work, and we need to respect that it is in fact just that... their opinion.

If you would like to offer any constructive criticism, bouncing theories and such, I welcome them and would read them eagerly as I would like to continue to improve my storytelling skills and our "rendering" of artwork.

But please do not let the conversation devolve into anything that might end up with the thread locked.

Thank you

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
The elves is part of the lore for the story, more will be revealed in the coming releases.
So the story has some fantasy? when the game just came out I asked about that and my comment was deleted :HideThePain: :KEK:

and we can talk about it, about how overly dramatic the game's prologue is, how it leaves very little hope, i mean, Sheila is suicidal, Ashley is a murderer, the rest of the girls are either rape victims or someone who didn't call the police and told them about the multiple rapes.

and then we have Kasey; an elf who was kidnapped and experimented on
Well that's a lot of drama right away and out of nowhere hahaha

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
Yes this story has light fantasy elements to it, and I am unsure as to why your comment got deleted.

Reactions: Chimba

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
A 10 year old boy being chase out of his home goes into foster care and for the next about 20 years no contact with the so called step family.
((Also it does not say how long the so called step family has even been around the boy, 1 year, 2 years or more.))
10 to 18 = 8
8 years in the military.
How many years between 18 and the time MC goes in the military.
Min 16 years to about 20 for the time frame.
ADD: Now about half way through its only saying 12 years that MC been away.

I do not considered this a family at all and and I do not considered the NPC's in any kind of family at all with the MC.

Unless a blood relative is in the house then this can not even be considered step-incest.

Last edited:

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
The entire premise of the story is each of the characters we've encountered so far, are dealing with some very serious issues. This is very much a story of redemption, recovery, and healing. This cannot be brought to light unless the initial tone of the story is set so very dark. Each character the readers will have the opportunity to help recover, and not all issues areas plainly visible as Shiela or Ashley.
Now THIS is what should have been in the overview on the first page. It would have given a heads-up to some of our more sensitive members and let them steel themselves for those scenes, or stay away altogether. It is quite possible that some are triggered by these events for personal reasons.

There's a lot of bad stuff happening in the world - there's a cafe in India staffed entirely by girls who've had acid thrown in their faces. If you're not forewarned, their appearance might come as a nasty surprise, but if you know that going in, you can deal with it better.

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
ontach Seeing validity in your point I have added it as a special note in the main post. Thank you for the suggestion Ontach!

• Red Heart
Reactions: ontach

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I think this website need a 'Grim Dark' tag or some tag to indicate just how horrible stuff can get or even be told about in games, and this story probably need a few more tags about the dark stuff talked about, because yea... this prologue made this game pretty damn horrifying, too much for me to handle frankly.

Otherwise I have two issues really with this game, first one is why do the Elvish people around don't change seemingly the history of the world more? I mean Shadowrun changed the world drastically after the magical stuff made its appearance, and the magical stuff had appeared really only a few decades before the active timeline of the setting, while for this it seem the world remained pretty similar yet you have Elven blooded people around for ages enough for it to be normalized? Some sort of mostly half-elven population? You'd expect more changes in the character of people if their race changed, rather than basically just be Grim Dark Humans.

Second, the notion somehow the father changed is ridiculous, if you are evil enough to do what he did, you stay evil to your death, pretending publicly you are descent is a thing, but supposedly changing after being that horrifyingly bad isn't something that make sense, did he get the 'Angel' treatment? Because unless magic exist and someone cursed him with a consciousness suddenly him changing is out of question.

Also how come the lawyer think of the MC as being bad at the word of the MC's father if said father had tried to redeem himself at the end? It again doesn't make sense, you'd expect he'd have told the lawyer he was the bastard all along, so its incongruous for the lawyer to be acting that way. Also the notion all his evilness was able to stay completely under the table and that no one in a small town heard about any hints of the fact he was a monster? Their are always malcontents, and they sniff around for any sort of dirt to use against those they hate, you'd expect the rumor the father was a evil monster to have long been around that town if he was as bad as clearly portrayed here.

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes