VN Ren'Py Abandoned Coming Home is Never Easy [Prologue] [Caveboomer Productions]

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I understand most are uncomfortable and unsettled by the initial tone of our story, however I can tell you this: As dark as this seems now, know remember what Kasey said Andru'il stood for... Bearer of Light and Flame. There will be redemption, recovery, healing.

When designing this story I wanted it to be moving on an emotional level, and it seems so far I've succeeded in that aspect, going off of the comments so far.

But please know this is not going to be dark through the entire story, it will get better.
The problem with that is how many people will stick around/are interested in the game anymore? I say not many, you already turned a huge part of the player base and potential supporters away with the start of the game.

laeg15

May 24, 2021
The problem with that is how many people will stick around/are interested in the game anymore? I say not many, you already turned a huge part of the player base and potential supporters away with the start of the game.
well i will probably try second update to know if i can avoid interact with "family" members..... that other 5 promissed girls and Kasey could not be bad....

Reactions: Chimba and Jsd16

Jethro Hatfield

Developer of the Valkyrion Project trilogy
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
This is just one of the hidden disorders that each of the girls suffers, it is a degree of Stockholm syndrome. Where they actually began to feel as if John loved them, and this was his way of showing it. I mentioned multiple times that there were conditions and issues that weren't as obvious as Sheila's, or Ashley's.

You are seeing that first hand with this current level of discussion. John had each of the girls willing to offer themselves to John in an attempt to protect the youngest (Ashley) from John's behavior. You will learn in the coming chapters why the girls never actually went to the police or judicial system, instead took matters into their own hands per se.

As a continued tidbit... EVERYONE that you have encountered thus far is dealing with some sort of Psychological or Sociological disorder. And not all of them are readily and easily definable. But each are just as serious as the others.

You will learn more in the coming updates, and yes laeg15 you will be able to interact with them more in the next chapter. In fact, there are two particular scenes you may enjoy.

As far as the choices go as the story progresses. They will be very self explanatory, there are no "hidden" consequences moving forward. Everyone is just as important to the healing process of the others as they are to their own.

Has anyone spotted Becca's disorder yet? Or Katelynn's?

laeg15

May 24, 2021
This is just one of the hidden disorders that each of the girls suffers, it is a degree of Stockholm syndrome. Where they actually began to feel as if John loved them, and this was his way of showing it. I mentioned multiple times that there were conditions and issues that weren't as obvious as Sheila's, or Ashley's.

You are seeing that first hand with this current level of discussion. John had each of the girls willing to offer themselves to John in an attempt to protect the youngest (Ashley) from John's behavior. You will learn in the coming chapters why the girls never actually went to the police or judicial system, instead took matters into their own hands per se.

As a continued tidbit... EVERYONE that you have encountered thus far is dealing with some sort of Psychological or Sociological disorder. And not all of them are readily and easily definable. But each are just as serious as the others.

You will learn more in the coming updates, and yes laeg15 you will be able to interact with them more in the next chapter. In fact, there are two particular scenes you may enjoy.

As far as the choices go as the story progresses. They will be very self explanatory, there are no "hidden" consequences moving forward. Everyone is just as important to the healing process of the others as they are to their own.

Has anyone spotted Becca's disorder yet? Or Katelynn's?
I would like to ask if there is chance to avoid interact with daddys whores in future and focuse on other girls or will be forced to relation...

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
Sure you will be able to avoid the girls of the house, but I will forewarn you you might not get the "good" ending.

• Angry
Reactions: acondo

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
There will be multiple endings to our novel, based entirely on the choices the player makes along the journey. There is one true good ending, one true bad, and a fuck ton of gray endings.

laeg15

May 24, 2021
There will be multiple endings to our novel, based entirely on the choices the player makes along the journey. There is one true good ending, one true bad, and a fuck ton of gray endings.
Well i dont care about them so if it will not affect mc and his harem...

Btw "stockholm syndrome" is very rare hard to believe that so much ppl sufer from it and is not even mental disorder illness ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Cernunnos.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
That's the general gist of it... John was not... and I repeat... NOT a good guy. Bear that in mind as you continue.
I think we all got that part. What I'm not getting is the MC's motivation to stick around. He already has a better job elsewhere, far away from this toxic family environment. Why doesn't he just go back where he came from and pretend this trip never happened? :unsure:

I think there needs to be a juicy incentive for him. Like "do this for a full year, and you get your share, otherwise it gets added to what the others have got." Something like that, so he can't just walk away.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018
Nothing gets me more exited in a harem/incest game, than rape and child abuse.
Now I really wanna add those poor, mentally unstable victims to my harem, because that will cure their depression right up.
Oh, by the way I'm joking, it sucks. This is trying to hard to be edgy and daring, but instead it's unwanted and moronic.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I think there needs to be a juicy incentive for him. Like "do this for a full year, and you get your share, otherwise it gets added to what the others have got." Something like that, so he can't just walk away.
you know what? i would like that too now...you made me think.

i mean MC could stick around because he admitted that he wanted to stay in touch with his family, you know, before all the drama he had a decent relationship with pretty much everyone and apparently he still cares for his fucked-up family...

Reactions: ontach

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Nothing gets me more exited in a harem/incest game, than rape and child abuse.
Now I really wanna add those poor, mentally unstable victims to my harem, because that will cure their depression right up.
Oh, by the way I'm joking, it sucks. This is trying to hard to be edgy and daring, but instead it's unwanted and moronic.
This is just starting out - let's see where the dev takes it. He's here, he's interacting with the members, he seems to be willing to take good suggestions on board.
The idea isn't bad in itself. There is something very wholesome and satisfying in healing broken souls. Think of it like caring for injured animals - winning their trust, nursing them back to health, releasing them back into the wild. It remains to be seen how successfully the dev can engage our interest.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
This is just starting out - let's see where the dev takes it. He's here, he's interacting with the members, he seems to be willing to take good suggestions on board.
The idea isn't bad in itself. There is something very wholesome and satisfying in healing broken souls. Think of it like caring for injured animals - winning their trust, nursing them back to health, releasing them back into the wild. It remains to be seen how successfully the dev can engage our interest.
FINALLY, SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN!

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
I will simply say this; Things will become a bit clearer when Chapter 1 releases. My goal with this was not to be "edgy" or "adding extra drama for the sake of drama" This story was meant to be emotionally invoking. I wanted to present a unique idea to the world of VN's where not everything is sunshine and rainbows with the characters.

As I've played through more than my fair share of novels here, I've noticed that they all had something in common. They all remained in the "There's nothing wrong in the world" area, choosing to focus more on interpersonal conflicts amongst the LI's instead of some other type of antagonist.

The psychological disorders allow for more in depth character development with the LI's, and the yet to be seen Antagonist provides an active unknown working against the player and their attempts to help their "family"

As for the reason the MC sticks around... lets just say you'll see more in Chapter 1.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Notice the dev getting facepalmed by a certain someone because he isn't bowing to them.

People like that are utterly ridiculous. They don't like something but instead of moving on they stick around and bully the dev until he caves and they have the audacity to call me toxic for calling out their bullshit....

download (1).jpg

Jethro Hatfield

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2017
I knew coming into this project that the novel might not be widely well received at the start, and it's something I am okay with. Because I know where the story is going. It will not change much along the way. This is the story I wanted to tell, It will not necessarily be right for every reader and that is perfectly okay.

In time every choice I've made with the development process will make sense. And as the story continues to unfold more things will come to light. And the tone will gradually grow lighter as the story progresses as well.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
It's a fine line. The reason other characters do what they do can safely be discovered/revealed later, but it is a bit immersion-breaking for us to not know why the MC himself is doing something. I mean, I'd have walked immediately after the will was read. I (the MC) stayed, but I (the player) don't know why I stayed. That creates a disconnect between me and the MC.

Reactions: Cthulhu4Prez2020

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
It's a fine line. The reason other characters do what they do can safely be discovered/revealed later, but it is a bit immersion-breaking for us to not know why the MC himself is doing something. I mean, I'd have walked immediately after the will was read. I (the MC) stayed, but I (the player) don't know why I stayed. That creates a disconnect between me and the MC.
and the dev said that will explain it in chapter 1...so we just need to wait ^^ and see if he will keep this promise XD

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes