GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
After talking with the renpy team and others, we believe there is something funky going on with persistent data. Because we changed the code structure, something is getting cached or saved somewhere that's causing the rollback issues. For those that have played previously, the best way to fix this to delete your game saves folder and then play it fresh. They are located below:

## Windows: %APPDATA\RenPy\<config.save_directory>
##
## Linux: $HOME/.renpy/<config.save_directory>

There are also others who have fixed it by playing through the game once and then playing through it again. The second playthrough should have the rollback enabled.

In the next update, we'll update the save location for the game which will require a new save which shouldn't have this problem. Now that we've restructured everything, we shouldn't have this problem going forward. So, apologies to everyone for the inconvenience.
Windows: There are two folders in C:\Users\NAME\AppData\RenPy. ContagionCrisis and ContagionCrisisHSDemo-1709490693.

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
So Ava is assumed to be "infected" but how it will play out, nobody knows as of now but... given the inspirations and influences the game comes from, I see a few outcomes:

1. Considering the infected that Ava was fucked by was different and died immediately, she could potentially be immune or have some sort of unique genetic trait that makes the virus slower or cease to function. So we could either get the plot of that she's the key/cure for humanity or not. However, probable side effects as the story plays out is that she's gonna be.... HORNY af which is gonna be both funny and hot xD

2. This is a bit of a stretch but Ava sounds very similar to another person called Aya, the main character from a game called Parasite Eve which was influenced by Resident Evil. Why does that matter? well in that game, there's also a "zombie" outbreak which is caused by Eve (the creator of the outbreak of parasites and the main antagonist). Now in that story, Eve eventually gets pregnant and gives birth to the perfect parasite iirc. So... if the creators took any inspiration from that, maybe Ava in Contagion Crisis, got knocked up with some special zombie or something and might give birth to the antagonist. Or hell, throw a curve ball, she might even become the antagonist.

3. or you know, she just dies in the next update xD and turns into some fucking necromorph abomination lmao.

On another note, this is still early in development but I'd suggest you make a harem route or something? Idk how but it would work given we just have two characters but just suggesting it since it would be different from the usual and typical female protagonist games where either the Fem MC becomes a slut due to sexual corruption or something or becomes a slave to one of the male characters. Just throwing that idea out there for something fresh and different yk. Not a lot of games where a FEM MC builds a harem xD.

Lastly, who's the "MC" of the game, is it Sarah or Ava? or are we getting the RE treatment and its both later down the line?

Also, I still love the title of the game.

Keep up the good work devs.
Damn, that 30 mins of solid theorizing and writing I did months ago did not cum at all xD. It all lead to her potentially turning into a futa and none of my ideas probably being true so my reaction is this lmaoo

1724702611602.png

Jokes aside, lemme theorize again and be completely wrong in the next update xD

1. she'll become a futa and somehow learn control her powers, maybe directly control the infected or something
2. she becomes a mutant monster and corrupts her sister and probably other characters they will encounter in the story
3. she dies or one of my theories somehow being right xD

Anyway, at first I was seeing parallels with Sarah being Clarie, Officer Brad Munroe being Leon (he's even blonde and a cop xD) and Ava being Sherry Burkins (she may potentially have powers?) But then I realized, weird that they named the Leon stand in brad, doesn't he get.... oh nevermind, the officer got infected XD

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
On another note, it be a nice if you sprinkled some of the infected as other HS2 AVN characters as Easter Eggs. That's assuming you get the permission and model for those characters from the creators (or just try to make them yourselves lmao). Just fun.

Also, suggestion, I remember their being a HS2 mod that adds morphs to the pussy. makes it more nice if the actual pussy opens in the sex scenes and not the dicks just phasing inside them xD..... still hot though.

still crossing my fingers that maybe, just maybe this game becomes a female harem game or a futa female harem game.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
After talking with the renpy team and others, we believe there is something funky going on with persistent data. Because we changed the code structure, something is getting cached or saved somewhere that's causing the rollback issues. For those that have played previously, the best way to fix this to delete your game saves folder and then play it fresh. They are located below:

## Windows: %APPDATA\RenPy\<config.save_directory>
##
## Linux: $HOME/.renpy/<config.save_directory>

There are also others who have fixed it by playing through the game once and then playing through it again. The second playthrough should have the rollback enabled.

In the next update, we'll update the save location for the game which will require a new save which shouldn't have this problem. Now that we've restructured everything, we shouldn't have this problem going forward. So, apologies to everyone for the inconvenience.
Windows: There are two folders in C:\Users\NAME\AppData\RenPy. ContagionCrisis and ContagionCrisisHSDemo-1709490693.
FYI I have deleted these two folders, plus the save folder ContagionCrisisv0.3.0-pc\game\saves AND replayed from the start. saving games as I went. I have been exiting the game and reloading a previous save and had no problem with rollback at any play.

So, it looks like it was a save game corruption. Thanks for talking about it and getting it figured out.

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
FYI I have deleted these two folders, plus the save folder ContagionCrisisv0.3.0-pc\game\saves AND replayed from the start. saving games as I went. I have been exiting the game and reloading a previous save and had no problem with rollback at any play.

So, it looks like it was a save game corruption. Thanks for talking about it and getting it figured out.
Awesome, thanks for confirming!

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
the girls are hot but i find it strange that the virus let's a chick grow a dick kinda weird if you ask me. but hay it's your gmes so i will just say ok. the other thing is when does the oter one have her share of fighting curroption as well.

TanyaC

May 11, 2022
Developer: WeLoveMonsters - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.3.0
Downloading and as soon as the first vehicle appeared in the introduction, it gave an error... I ignored it and it continued to give an error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/intro.rpy", line 42, in script
"{cps=15}Officer Kathy Monroe, Grimhaven Police Department{/cps}"
Exception: The say screen (or show_function) must return a Text object.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Contagion Crisis
Mon Aug 26 20:24:04 2024

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Not going to lie, kinetic novels are far from my list of favorites. But between the Resident Evil homage, the very good renders and gorgeous animations making the smut scenes really hot this game is a plesant surprise.
Amazing work done using honey select.
Congratulations to the devs. (y) (y) :) :p

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Downloading and as soon as the first vehicle appeared in the introduction, it gave an error... I ignored it and it continued to give an error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/intro.rpy", line 42, in script
"{cps=15}Officer Kathy Monroe, Grimhaven Police Department{/cps}"
Exception: The say screen (or show_function) must return a Text object.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Contagion Crisis
Mon Aug 26 20:24:04 2024
Unusual. I downloaded it from Mega and I did not have that problem. Where did you download it from?

Reactions: TanyaC

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Honestly this was a treat to play. A small nitpick, you often write 'resistant' where it should be 'resistance', but aside from that the game is about as good as they get. Really good job.

• Love
Reactions: WeLoveMonsters

Gumbo20

Jul 13, 2020
:ROFLMAO: NO.
and it's already full on "bad end" constantly. Ava has not a single hole that was not fucked by monsters already, it can't be any more bad end than that :ROFLMAO:, except, game over death, which just to "roll back " is totaly pointless.
I disagree. Game is great as it is but I do think options for “bad end” and roll back would be nothing but an improvement. This would be an opportunity to see Sarah corrupted without effecting the storyline.

For example, what would have happened if the cop didn’t save the day? Or what if they didn’t get out of the convenience store in time? What if she couldn’t reach her gun in the bathroom? What if they were caught in the police station? What if she was ambushed while clearing one of the apartments because she opened a certain door?

It maybe because this is only chapter three but it seems pretty important that she doesn’t get infected (as she’s escaped near or around five times) which limits the possibilities of scenes with her character. She’s either going to bang someone non-effected (which seems out of character) or she’ll be in a dream sequence.

On the other hand, I’m enjoying the game and I hope Dev continues with however they want to set up their story.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
ok so the younger sister has a curropted side now the older sister need's one so they both have to fight against there evil self's. along with other people tring tp bang them. just have some of the bad guy lady have the same stuff happen to them too. did i miss something i never saw choice are bad ending so you want those in the game. true that would be up to the dev.

Bouboulle

Aug 11, 2017
i love it one of the best out there, good luck dev,

you could add choices that link to bad ends and you have to start over the previous choice, like basic but nice to see bad ends

harestheonly

Nov 25, 2021
hey guys, could you recommend me more games like this one? i mean, with the same engine, maybe a similar story (horny zombies or something like that)

4.90 star(s) 19 Votes