Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
hmm not a big fan of many the changes feel idk think they more mainstream and less cute and interesting or something. (just going off some the images posted as I don't know if I want to update to actually have these new models least not until more content).

Hard to tell might just be taking getting used to or just personal preference of cuteness.

Agree wish some modders could make it possible to use old models but I imagine even if that were allowed it would a massive undertaking leasty for new scenes though idk enough about programming to know if there would be a easy way.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I thought my comeback was funny and tasteful, especially how Hellsing Abridged Ep 2 Alucard's scene and Chloe's scene play out so similarly.
Would really appreciate if you use the form. Once the folks on the discord saw the side by side they also got onboard.

First game dev I support and I end up doing a survey for them. Jeez

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Lets face it, if that means you cant use models like that, then every Daz3D game needs to be remade, cause we see constant models being re-used in diferent game. I dont feel like you can claim ownership of something you create in Daz or Koikatsu, anymore then i can claim ownership of a nick name (like my profile name here)

Yes its made by you, yes you did do all the work, but lets face it, you actualy made it based of a existing base model.

Now that said, i do believe you can alter details to make them more unique to your own way, like change a hairstyle, or skin colour, or alter a fur or paint patern on their skin. Thing is, these changes are in some cases so hideous or extreme, that its preferable to keep the old style.

Now some actualy look better, Dhella (??not sure on name spelling) actualy looks better, Chloe is ok with a slightly less angular/pointy jaw, and Morgana is neither better or worse. The example above (of the minotaur girl) however is absolutely worse, and i saw the caretaker, she was also not an improvement.

Overall, they all need slight to major tweaks to get them a little closer to the original, without copying them 1 on 1.

Look through, and agree on many, though not all. The usual suspects i do agree on, especialy when it concerns atitude being shown on faces sudenly being diferent
With Daz the reused models are paid for. You buy the assets and presets for them in packs. I think the problem for this game is that he didn't pay for the models he was originally using.

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Meh, my previous posts got deleted.
I understand the point but I meant what I said.

Anyways, I made a pdf with some side by side comparisons of some of the changes.

If you read it I'd appreciate your own feedback.
But keep it respectful, don't want to get schwomped again.
Great feedback! I don't agree with all, but this is a matter of different tastes. I also noticed that not only the design, but the quality of some models has dropped. Cora's example shows that many lack details: skin texture, shadows, glitter in the eyes. But I will attribute this to the need for polishing.

• Hey there
Reactions: CursedFlame91

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
The last one on there says 'Secretary' but has a picture of Lyx.
Try again?
Perhaps you were filling the survey while I was adding the missing option.

For a moment I forgot she existed...

Personally I don't mind the changes that much on her model. She somehow managed to retain her essence without clashing too much with the previous design.

To be honest I would like a threesome with both.

Damn you helltaker for giving me another fetish.

Ryes

Jun 6, 2018
I think the redesigns make everyone besides the minotaurs look better to me, after seeing the side by side comparisons.
Chloe had the biggest change for a main waifu so obviously i am iffy about that. But she has a tomboy quality to her which fits her job and personality from before getting shattered according to what we know.

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
Would really appreciate if you use the form. Once the folks on the discord saw the side by side they also got onboard.

First game dev I support and I end up doing a survey for them. Jeez
Thanks for the form! Hope something comes of it.

I am skewing your results though! :p
I like the new Chastity more than the old one (though you're not one of the ones who hates her now), and Claire is fine (her clothes are an upgrade, face only a slight downgrade.)

And I don't understand how everyone is commenting about Qarinah's new clothes when she now has jagged-demon-face. Looks like a vampire from Buffy in full ugly mode. ... I would like cuter clothes back for her too, though.

But, Qarinah's new face, Gwen's new chin, and the 2 minotaur side characters are the only ones I really hate. And, I assume the minotaurs were rushed out to get the update done, as they're side characters, and their new faces have almost no features. (The dragon girl may have been the same deal.)

The rest... like, literally, if he changed Qarinah's face, Gwen's chin, maaaybe softened Chloe's chin and shrunk Emma's forehead, this would be a majority upgrade for me. And the rest are sidegrades, at most minor downgrades (like Madison or Dhena.)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Try again?
Perhaps you were filling the survey while I was adding the missing option.

For a moment I forgot she existed...

Personally I don't mind the changes that much on her model. She somehow managed to retain her essence without clashing too much with the previous design.

To be honest I would like a threesome with both.

Damn you helltaker for giving me another fetish.
Ah, that secretary, I remember her now. I prefer the old one myself, although the long ears are hot. And yeah, definitely hoping for a threesome with her and Qarinah, or seeing other aspects of her mind, 'Journey to the centre of the mind' is a really fun trope.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
With Daz the reused models are paid for. You buy the assets and presets for them in packs. I think the problem for this game is that he didn't pay for the models he was originally using.
Actualy, that doesnt matter. The models are made in a program, based of a set base model (in other words, the author of the original, used a base, he/she didnt create a mesh/skeleton of their own.) Same goes for Daz3D models.

Its like i take the mona lisa and paint a mural around it, then start making DMCA claims against any picture of the mona lisa cause i feel its being stolen from my art. You base something of a existing model, you cant realy claim copyright of already owned property (Illusion Koikatsu and similar), no mather how much you change it.

(this is my opinion, not my judicial facts)

• Angry
Reactions: Feletriu

Yume-Noun

Oct 2, 2017
The only two redesign model I didn't like was Gwen and Luna, I find it really... odd. I also find a bit odd Jessica but not as odd as Gwen, the rest are cool.

Edit: Ok, I just put my glasses now, What the fuck did they do to all of them, especially Chloe, Chastity and the side character (mostly the anthropomorphic ones, but NOT ONLY THEM).

My cute Gwen was worse that I expected. Dev really try to appeal the Yandere look huh...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sedelzar

Aki-Aka

Oct 27, 2019
I really like the new looks of the girls, especially Chloe and Lyx ^^. In all of them, one is a little disturbing, Quarinah (the eyes shock me in orange, I think that purple or black would be perfect ... ^^). thank you for this update ^^.

(They are less doll, more normal (I'm not sure how to explain it sorry ...), more difference, better now ^^.)

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
So, about restoring the old models.

You can just replace the new assets with the old ones.
But, for example if a girl has a new scene that scene will be unaffected.
Since the public doesn't have access to all the models, and I doubt someone would spend time trying to recreate the models and the poses.

Our best bet is to try and get Arc to change them once again, this time taking into consideration what the public has to say.

I should clarify, all the scenes are images/videos, they are pre rendered instead of being in real time like actual 3d videogames.

Reactions: Kay_Kay

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
... I wonder if someone can make a mod to bring back the old models in future versions?
While I don't plan to make a mod specifically for it, it wouldn't be hard.
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0-alpha-arcgames.31912/post-4194552

Ren'Py prioritizes files outside the RPA Archives.
0.7.0\game\
0.6.9\game\
Main Game Directory\game\

If you take the 0.6.9 game\images and put them in the 0.7.0+ game folder the it will override whatever is in images.rpa that match. You could use this to either upgrade 0.6.9 to a frankenstine 0.7.0 without the Chloe event or 'downgrade' 0.7.0 to 0.6.9 with the exception of new content.

4.40 star(s) 232 Votes