PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Yep, this. I've deliberately avoided mentioning a country for this reason - polygamy is legal in the world of Cosy Cafe, though not particularly common for regular people.

From the very beginning I didn't want to set up and ending that would require the MC/player to pick one girl over the others when he had to choose a single wife.
I'm glad that the MC can decide to pursue multiple women with the potential of becoming wives and that, given the lore for their country, the women all understand this and know that this is a legitimate possibility for the future.

I also think giving the Founding Families multiple wives, and that this is accepted for them, also highlights a level of power and resourcing that is not available to the common person.

The reality is that maintaining a household with 4 wives and all their children requires Major resourcing, which can quietly (or not so quietly) amplify the power differences between the common folk and the Founding Families.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Yep, this. I've deliberately avoided mentioning a country for this reason - polygamy is legal in the world of Cosy Cafe, though not particularly common for regular people.

From the very beginning I didn't want to set up and ending that would require the MC/player to pick one girl over the others when he had to choose a single wife.
Oh goodies!!!
Let's make BABIES!!!

Apr 26, 2023
i think in many western countries you can have multiple wives as well. If one looks at some of the closed Christian communities in the US or Muslims living there, there seems to be no problem with having multiple wives.

I'd guess the reason is they marry religiously but not neccessarily officially with involving the state...

Oct 10, 2019
Well, it does depends on one's tolerance to pain to begin with, or their association between pain and pleasure.
There are a few, that do need to be kept in check during "play time", or they'll ask for more and more, with virtually no limit until things really turn ugly. That was the reason I underwent some experiments myself, since there's no other way to know one's limit, or what it feels like.

It's also coupled with adrenaline. Once it starts flowing, it can have some really fucked up result on one's psyche and tolerance to pain. It is basically the same as getting high, your moral compass is well overtaken by the euphoria, pain and excitement. Our bodies can have some really fucked up reactions sometimes :)
That sounds true. Its quite sobering to see what happens with humans during sexual arousal - in the girls I've been with and in myself. There are some dark tendencies under the surface. All of the atrocities of history are easily understandable once you have seen these tendencies. Like, who would enjoy pain? Who would enjoy inflicting it? We would do well as a species to try to keep those tendencies in check instead of encouraging them like we do as a society now, if I'm being honest.

But for me it was always about power & pleasure. Could never be interested in pain like some girls are lol.
The human body is like a game, sometimes the code does strange things and glitches out, the brain is just coded differently sometimes and the "pain" and "pleasure" variables are set to the same bar for some reason, sometimes pollen is classified as a virus and treated as such, sometimes adrenaline has a stack overflow and just floods the entire system, who knows what could happen by changing just a single unlabled variable, it could be nothing or it could cause a cascade failure, people die in incredibly strange ways from apparently unrealated issues, I don't like pain, I don't really like BDSM or dom/sub dynamics at all to be fair, that is just how my code was written, there are many things about humans we still don't know, it is sometimes fascinating to see what other people consider normal or enjoyable, not all things that we may like are possible, or sometimes they may even harm us, but we still like them somehow, so it is good that there are games for those instances,

this is a really interesting game, it is tame enough that I don't have a problem with the dom parts, for now, and the romance is really cute, the characters have interesting personalities and stories that are being shown in a gradual way, giving time to the player to absorb the previous information, some parts of it feel a bit disjointed for now, like the teacher part, but there are clear signs that they are going to all merge at some point, the apparently simple plot has an undertone of mystery to it that makes interesting in a different way than a simple romance would, the MC is different from the usual, not really better in my personal opinion as I quite like the other general harem protagonist MC, the lack of personality is actually a plus for me, but this one is enjoyable too, he is not an asshole, not without reason at least, and certainly is not evil, he is actually quite nice, he just does not really show it as much as the generic selfless types with a hero complex,
once again sorry for the wall of text

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020

Unlocked

Dev Log 17

Hello again guys, time for another dev log.

0.6 is now fully written, and comes in at roughly 14k words. The story this time around is somewhat dominated by the founding family party after school, as you might expect, but there's a good amount of progress with the girls too (especially Lucy and Sarah). I'm particularly happy with the progress in Sarah's scenes, so if you're a fan of hers you'll probably like this update! As for the other girls, some of the less explored girls are going to start slowly being brought into the centre from now on, so there wasn't as much time for Victoria and Akatsuki in this one, but rest assured they will get a lot of attention in 0.7!

I'm currently grinding my way through the rendering process, with just over a hundred complete so far, and next on my to-do list is searching for penis textures to upgrade the MC ("searching for penis textures" is not a sentence I ever imagined myself writing a year ago...) - hopefully I'll find something to make his quality match that of the girls, who have somewhat outshone him since their upgrade in 0.3.

Given the amount of set and character design left to do for the latter half of the update I still can't give an exact release date, but I'm hoping for roughly this time next month - I'll probably be able to give you a much better prediction in the next devlog in two weeks.

Until next time, thanks for your support as always!
- Cosy Creator

Apr 26, 2023
... sometimes pollen is classified as a virus...

the MC is different from the usual, not really better in my personal opinion as I quite like the other general harem protagonist MC, the lack of personality is actually a plus for me, but this one is enjoyable too, he is not an asshole, not without reason at least, and certainly is not evil, he is actually quite nice, he just does not really show it as much as the generic selfless types with a hero complex,

I think I picked up an allergy against MCs that simp and whiteknight. Its really making life difficult. 99.999% of entertainment has become undigestable for me...

:HideThePain:

PS: your spoilerception is awesome! I remember how my mind many times conjured up the word when I saw some of the super elaborate posts on this site lol

Reactions: telefonomusica

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
This is a sandbox without the sandbox tag, guys. Watch out if you don't like sandboxes!
I'm not sure how you are getting that...

I've played all the content for Cosy Cafe that is currently available - no sandbox, no free roam.

There are choices on how far you can decide to press certain situations with different women but that is not the definition of a sandbox.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
This is a sandbox without the sandbox tag, guys. Watch out if you don't like sandboxes!
You posted the same lie in July, and again last week. Both times, you were told repeatedly that you were wrong.

Stop it already.

ETA: for everyone else, Ignore the troll and move on. Don't give him the reaction score of facepalms.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
the sandbox you mention is only a small part in the beginning and only there to let you explore the layout of the house and the rooms. after the intro it is never used again.
Maybe there was in a previous version or something but there isn't now. Game just automatically takes you through the rooms VN style.

Reactions: SlapE

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
Maybe there was in a previous version or something but there isn't now. Game just automatically takes you through the rooms VN style.
Well, pardon my mistake then. The guy certainly didn't have to call me a troll, because that was not what I was doing. Thank you for your kindness in clearing up the confusion. I deleted my posts because I meant no harm or ill intent. As a matter of fact, I was only trying to help.

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
even better. did not notice the change cause the savegames were still compatible. even if it were left inside was not a bad idea to let the player get to explore the home but its better that way so nobody get scared from the freeroam part.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Well, pardon my mistake then. The guy certainly didn't have to call me a troll, because that was not what I was doing. Thank you for your kindness in clearing up the confusion. I deleted my posts because I meant no harm or ill intent. As a matter of fact, I was only trying to help.
I (and several other people) told you IN JULY that the sandbox was a short intro section that had already been removed.

Then last week, you posted that it was "more frustratingly sandboxy than most sandboxes", which has always been a lie, and was even more so at that point (since 0.4.1 was out here already).

This is literally your first post in this thread that hasn't repeated this lie. Even WHEN the intro was present, it was explicitly not a true sandbox. There was no grind, there were no stats, and there were no random elements.

Last edited:

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
I (and several other people) told you IN JULY that the sandbox was a short intro section.

Then last week, you posted that it was "more frustratingly sandboxy than most sandboxes", which has always been a lie, and was even more so at that point (since 0.4.1 was out here already).

This is literally your first post in this thread that hasn't repeated this lie. Even WHEN the intro was present, it was explicitly not a true sandbox. There was no grind, there were no stats, and there were no random elements.
It's all good. I played the beginning only, and that was where I was misled. It was never a lie. I just never played more than that. It's over, man. I'm done sweatin' it. I understand my mistake now, and I apologize for that. As a matter of fact, I just redownloaded it, and I'm going to play through the part that felt like a sandbox and move on. If it's good, I'll support the dev, just like I always do with most all well-crafted and well-thought out games. Take care of you and yours, dude.

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
An update for those of you wanting an upgrade for the MC's dick:

I've spent the last couple of days upgrading all my mods and playing around with some new ones, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a HD dick that works with both the shaders that I use, and the better penetration mod required for doing the animated sex scenes. I've tried all sorts of combinations and got all kinds of crazy results, ranging from the MC's balls turning monochrome, to his dick changing race as if it had been transplanted from a black guy, along with a bunch of solutions that screw over the quality of girls in order to make the MC work.

Hopefully in the future I'll figure it out or come across something that works, but at this point the amount of time I'm spending on it isn't worth holding up the rest of the game, so I'm going to continue on without improving the dick for now.

Apr 26, 2023
An update for those of you wanting an upgrade for the MC's dick:

I've spent the last couple of days upgrading all my mods and playing around with some new ones, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a HD dick that works with both the shaders that I use, and the better penetration mod required for doing the animated sex scenes. I've tried all sorts of combinations and got all kinds of crazy results, ranging from the MC's balls turning monochrome, to his dick changing race as if it had been transplanted from a black guy, along with a bunch of solutions that screw over the quality of girls in order to make the MC work.

Hopefully in the future I'll figure it out or come across something that works, but at this point the amount of time I'm spending on it isn't worth holding up the rest of the game, so I'm going to continue on without improving the dick for now.
Never mind. It is how it is then. Thank you very much for spending so much time trying to make it work out. I think you have an awesome character.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cosy Creator
4.70 star(s) 156 Votes