Apr 26, 2023
I enjoy that the other men in the game are not an endless array of cringe. It makes the MC more convincing as a confident guy. The blond boy is a proper antagonist, the baker is a respectable friendly father figure, and Vickys brother can hold his own (although I would have enjoyed if during the chokehold scene with Vicky and her brother we would have felt a bit more in control). To be the most desirable guy in a bunch of decent men is more satisfying to me than to be only non-cringe option for the girls. And Cosy Cafe does all of this without presenting uncomfortable competition or uncertainty about NTR. The whole thing makes it actually feel nice when getting respect from them and serves as another convincing argument as to why the girls are so much into the MC. Its rather rare in games and I like it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I thought this was a great update!

Spoilers ahead

I like the progression with Sara and the layers of intrigue about her stalker and his origin - why he appeared when he did.

I think Sara is a nice, complex character who is not a cookie cutter version of all the other girls - different body type and skills as well as motivation and insecurities.

I thought the family get together was nicely done and added to the world building that helps define the bigger picture and hints at some of what may happen in the future.

I am Very interested in how quickly the MC's classmates - both male and female - react to Sara's Father and his announcement that the last Fletcher is in marriage talks with him about Sara.

The final scene with Sara was especially well done and I appreciate the finesse here - how the MC respected Sara's insecurities and that she still found a way to be more intimate with him.

I also think the upcoming addition of Hanna to the staff at the cafe will be interesting.

I recognize that this will take time and likely several updates, but I am looking forward to these developments.

All in all - a great update!

Cheers!!

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
It's probably a stupid question since the developer himself is sitting here, we won't see an early version from other people here, well, if you know what I mean

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
It's probably a stupid question since the developer himself is sitting here, we won't see an early version from other people here, well, if you know what I mean
Eh, people leak stuff. Most devs who participate here understand that that's a risk they run for the exposure and awareness of their title that this site brings with it, and as long as patrons get some exclusivity time, it just mostly goes with the territory. Cosy's patrons seem to generally be pretty good about not leaking quickly, but like Cosy said, that often ends up happening at around the 3-weeks-after-patron-release point.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
This is a pretty good game. The girls are pretty awesome. The script is mostly void of mistakes. However:

Vocative commas are missing everywhere, as well as some other commas. I've seen at least one "breath" that should be "breathe, and "in to" should be "into" in some cases.

On the date with Lucy on day 15, train sounds keep playing for quite a while after arriving at the mall.

Anyway, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this one. Good job so far, dev.

Apr 26, 2023
This is a pretty good game. The girls are pretty awesome. The script is mostly void of mistakes. However:

Vocative commas are missing everywhere, as well as some other commas. I've seen at least one "breath" that should be "breathe, and "in to" should be "into" in some cases.

On the date with Lucy on day 15, train sounds keep playing for quite a while after arriving at the mall.

Anyway, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this one. Good job so far, dev.
The rules for commas became an unconquerable mess for me when I started to speak more than one language. :HideThePain: But overall I think I spot more spelling mistakes in "renowned" newspapers these days than in cosy cafe lol.

I find the girls here awesome as well. (y)

Reactions: Konrad Simon

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The rules for commas became an unconquerable mess for me when I started to speak more than one language. :HideThePain: But overall I think I spot more spelling mistakes in "renowned" newspapers these days than in cosy cafe lol.

Commas are the devil when it comes to rules. Considering the oxford comma is recommended for the Oxford Style Manual but recommended against by the University of Oxford Style Guide while being used by the Oxford University Press, recommended by a number of American publishing groups and recommended against by a number of different American publishing groups, I am confident to say that so long as you understand what's being written the comma has been used correctly enough.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023

It's also hard because even in more formal English there are lots of places where a comma could be used grammatically, but it isn't required. With there being multiple forms of formal written English by means of the various collegiate style guides, it becomes more complicated because not only are their reference systems quite different, they have some differences in grammar preferences, too. In written colloquial English, grammatical rules for commas are largely useless, since they're primarily used to indicate pauses in speaking rather than indicate any grammatical construction. Tbh, complaining about vocative commas in a VN is really petty, since VNs are largely written colloquially and when colloquial writing is mimicking speech, most commas that aren't breaks in speech pace are largely unused.

I'm kinda curious how foreign language confused your comma usage. The languages I studied either used no commas at all or used commas only when mimicking eurocentric writing styles. A lot of non-European languages replace most or all of the grammatical function of a comma with a number of grammatical word modifiers

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I'm kinda curious how foreign language confused your comma usage. The languages I studied either used no commas at all or used commas only when mimicking eurocentric writing styles. A lot of non-European languages replace most or all of the grammatical function of a comma with a number of grammatical word modifiers
I don't know about breathing dawn but I speak Finnish natively in addition to English and the comma rules are just different enough that it makes everything difficult. Not to mention the amount of compound words Finnish uses compared to English makes me want to compound English words even when I know I shouldn't. Also the fact that Finnish has completely free word order trips things up on occasion.

Apr 26, 2023
Commas are the devil when it comes to rules. Considering the oxford comma is recommended for the Oxford Style Manual but recommended against by the University of Oxford Style Guide while being used by the Oxford University Press, recommended by a number of American publishing groups and recommended against by a number of different American publishing groups, I am confident to say that so long as you understand what's being written the comma has been used correctly enough.
It's also hard because even in more formal English there are lots of places where a comma could be used grammatically, but it isn't required. With there being multiple forms of formal written English by means of the various collegiate style guides, it becomes more complicated because not only are their reference systems quite different, they have some differences in grammar preferences, too. In written colloquial English, grammatical rules for commas are largely useless, since they're primarily used to indicate pauses in speaking rather than indicate any grammatical construction. Tbh, complaining about vocative commas in a VN is really petty, since VNs are largely written colloquially and when colloquial writing is mimicking speech, most commas that aren't breaks in speech pace are largely unused.
Yeah, by now I just use my own comma rules. Which change a lot. ^^

Wholeheartedly agree with both of you.

Apr 26, 2023
Don't wanna doxx myself even to that degree, but I spent time around languages that use commas and around languages that dont. I'm not knowledgable enough to say what is preferable, though.
If you know two languages that use commas you would have to remember for every single comma rule if it was for this or that language. If you know three its getting even worse lol. It becomes one huge mixed mess.
But one of the languages that does use commas is a huge mess even without considering commas lol.

night, knight

light, light

:KEK:

In another language you need to write half a novel to get a short meaning across. :HideThePain:

I think there was a club or society around 1900 that created their own new language from scratch, cant remember the name though.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Just letting anyone that was interested know, I now have one:
Would you prefer that we support you on Patreon or on SubscribeStar (SS)?

I'm asking because sometimes, the Patreon PC police do sweeps and devs get in trouble because of uneven enforcement of their 'rules.'

I switched all my support to SS where I had the option so I could try to avoid this issue for creators I support.

I'm currently supporting you on Patreon but will switch based on your preference.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Thanks for the info. Not sure though what changes if some people call it a kink.
For one thing, we're no longer in the 1950s, so some people try to create their own Pleasantville cosplay.
The whole BDSM thing is ridiculous to me. Its basically women wanting an archaic man in bed but also want to wear the pants outside of it. Thats all it is at its core. Men think they are a dom chad because their women allow them to be a dom chad in bed - its ridiculous. Its behaviour almost reminiscent of an obedient dog. Don't get it. If you enjoy being dominant why drop it outside the bedroom. And if you don't drop it outside the bedroom why not stop calling it kinks/BDSM and just call it a normal marriage/relationship. If you enjoy whips just do it - or get a horse lol. All this acting and pretending just kills it.

I mean its probably better than nothing, but I don't get why people flex about it. Being a whipped husband/boyfriend is the most common thing ever these days.
All I can say is that your understanding of modern kink is very limited. Personally, I know a few men who are switches, but I can't say I know any men who are truly submissive.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Fun fact:

Did you know incels don't exist?
Tell that to the incel group that attacked the founder of the group when he admitted that he was in a relationships.

Self-identified incels definitely exist.
Btw: Do you have more empathy with incels or prostitutes, someyoungguy?
I know I'm not someyoungguy, but I have a lot of respect for sex workers of various types. I have a number of friends who are or have been sex workers.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah I get what you're saying with the scenes, that could be it.

As for the MC's face, I lean towards keeping it hidden, but if it would require me to fundamentally change a scene to make that happen then I don't mind brief shots of it. I guess seeing glimpses of it just doesn't register as being jarring to me because I see it constantly while I'm posing scenes.
That is your prerogative. I won't reject a story because it is POV/hidden face. For me, I'll probably steer clear of them in my own projects. I prefer making stories that look more like movies. I feel it will also cut down on extreme self-insertion as well.
Just letting anyone that was interested know, I now have one:
Great! Once I have my finances above water, I'll support you there. Currently waiting for my Social Security (Govt. Pension) to kick in.

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
Would you prefer that we support you on Patreon or on SubscribeStar (SS)?

I'm asking because sometimes, the Patreon PC police do sweeps and devs get in trouble because of uneven enforcement of their 'rules.'

I switched all my support to SS where I had the option so I could try to avoid this issue for creators I support.

I'm currently supporting you on Patreon but will switch based on your preference.

Cheers!! :coffee:
I plan on treating both platforms the same, so mostly it's down to whichever you prefer. Having said that, I imagine patreon will always be the bigger of the two for me, so having as many of you as want to on SS is probably wise, for the reasons you say.

4.70 star(s) 157 Votes