2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Updated Android version please?????? Since joiplay will not work on this "others" platform

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Updated Android version please?????? Since joiplay will not work on this "others" platform
JoiPlay usually works with "others" but it depends on the engine that the game is using. Since i never tried this one yet, can you show me the game's structure files via screenshot (win/compressed win version)? If i see it I'll know if it's gonna work or not.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
JoiPlay usually works with "others" but it depends on the engine that the game is using. Since i never tried this one yet, can you show me the game's structure files via screenshot (win/compressed win version)? If i see it I'll know if it's gonna work or not.
How do I get the files you need for screen shot? I think I tried running this game but joiplay won't load it.i noticed this happens a lot.

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Misfit of Society
These kind of screenshot
Screenshot_20220414-034843.png

But nevermind, i already downloaded the game and this one definitely works with JoiPlay. In order to be able to play "OTHERS" game with JoiPlay, you need to mount the index.html file which is not always present in the raw game files that you've just downloaded.
This is how you do it :
Screenshot_20220414-032931.png
Follow the image and mount the 'LICENSES.chromium.html' and press 'add'.

Screenshot_20220414-033032.png
Extracting game files process may take longer than usual because the app will now add the missing required files to the game's folder.

Screenshot_20220414-033047.png
After the extracting process you may delete the newly added game from the launcher or not, it's up to you. But if you want to delete it make sure to NOT tick the box as shown above.

Screenshot_20220414-033731.png
Now add a new game from the launcher but this time mount the 'index.html' file as shown above (this file will show up after the first extracting process) and press 'add'. Wait a bit and...

Screenshot_20220414-034240.png
... There you go. Have fun playing. Remember that you can do these method for any "OTHERS" games.

Screenshot_20220414-034710.png
Note: if you have a blank screen when entering the game, set the JoiPlay html settings as shown above.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Misfit of Society
These kind of screenshot
View attachment 1755341

But nevermind, i already downloaded the game and this one definitely works with JoiPlay. In order to be able to play "OTHERS" game with JoiPlay, you need to mount the index.html file which is not always present in the raw game files that you've just downloaded.
This is how you do it :
View attachment 1755348
Follow the image and mount the 'LICENSES.chromium.html' and press 'add'.

View attachment 1755353
Extracting game files process may take longer than usual because the app will now add the missing required files to the game's folder.

View attachment 1755369
After the extracting process you may delete the newly added game from the launcher or not, it's up to you. But if you want to delete it make sure to NOT tick the box as shown above.

View attachment 1755379
Now add a new game from the launcher but this time mount the 'index.html' file as shown above (this file will show up after the first extracting process) and press 'add'. Wait a bit and...

View attachment 1755399
... There you go. Have fun playing. Remember that you can do these method for any "OTHERS" games.

View attachment 1755411
Note: if you have a blank screen when entering the game, set the JoiPlay html settings as shown above.
I will try and follow your directions. Thank you so much for taking the time to lay this out. I hope I can figure it all out.

Reactions: Twelvemonkey

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Misfit of Society
These kind of screenshot
View attachment 1755341

This is how you do it :
View attachment 1755348
Follow the image and mount the '' and press 'add'.

View attachment 1755353

View attachment 1755369

View attachment 1755379

View attachment 1755399

View attachment 1755411

So I downloaded the game. Unzipped it. Then went into joiplay. I found the game folder and found the "LICENSES.chromium.html" file as seen in my attachment. I then hit add. The game was added to my list of joiplay games. I then went back to the add game feature in joiplay. Went into the same daring detective folder but never found the "index.html" file that was supposed to be created. I only see the licenses one. Not sure what to do.

Thank you for any advice

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
So I downloaded the game. Unzipped it. Then went into joiplay. I found the game folder and found the "LICENSES.chromium.html" file as seen in my attachment. I then hit add. The game was added to my list of joiplay games. I then went back to the add game feature in joiplay. Went into the same daring detective folder but never found the "index.html" file that was supposed to be created. I only see the licenses one. Not sure what to do.

Thank you for any advice
The 'index.html' file is supposed to be created in the same directory or the root folder with the 'LICENSES.chromium.html' file. Were you using the latest JoiPlay version?

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
The 'index.html' file is supposed to be created in the same directory or the root folder with the 'LICENSES.chromium.html' file. Were you using the latest JoiPlay version?
Yes the latest joiplay version. I hear that each new version makes many games not work. Shouldn't it be the other way around haha.

So after adding the first html file I hit add. It loaded the game fairly quickly. I then repeated the process again trying to add the game again but when I go into the games folder itself, I still only have the same html file. No new one was created.

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Yes the latest joiplay version. I hear that each new version makes many games not work. Shouldn't it be the other way around haha.

So after adding the first html file I hit add. It loaded the game fairly quickly. I then repeated the process again trying to add the game again but when I go into the games folder itself, I still only have the same html file. No new one was created.
Screenshot_20220422-045919.png
This is the version i use for playing Daring Detectives. It's Patreon build not Playstore build. But now there's a few more newest Patreon builds updates, you can try them in the link below. If it's gives you the same results, i think the problem lies with the newest android OS (11) not the latest app build version. I'm using OS9 and never have problems playing the 'OTHERS' game category.

Reactions: Repressed

Hurtti

Nov 2, 2021
What kind of content is there on this game? Description says there is 4 playable characters, so is it swapping between characters when story progress or you choose one and stick with it? Are there variations on content wise on characters? Does someone have more content than others? How is gameplay more like visual novel or sandbox style or text based?

Reactions: GokutheG

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
What kind of content is there on this game? Description says there is 4 playable characters, so is it swapping between characters when story progress or you choose one and stick with it? Are there variations on content wise on characters? Does someone have more content than others? How is gameplay more like visual novel or sandbox style or text based?
The game switches between the characters, so you eventually play them all.
There are content variations per character based on the choices you make.
The amount of content varies per character - I last played a few versions ago and only two of the characters had been introduced. Maybe at the final release they will be essentially equal.
It is a VN-style game.

supernova874

Sep 18, 2019
Great story and Renders Quality but the engine is the worst i have ever seen , too much time to meaningless animations between scenes , slow advance between scenes as a result . I would love to replay that game when the engine updated to something playable . Good luck to dev anyway.

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes